Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Statistically Speaking - QP's and PP's

Topic closed. 1161 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 14 of 78
PrintE-mailLink
rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #55889
October 23, 2007
5741 Posts
Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

Someone please straighten me out on this. Consider this...... If it were the case that 99% of the winners were QPs, would you think that the RNGs across the nation are really good at picking winning JPs, or that 99% of the folks were buying QPs?

Holy Baloney.....I go to work and come home 15 hours later and see 4 pages have been added. What is the problem here folks?

AM I MISSING SOMETHING ??????

Sometimes folks just think too hard....

That's funny. I thought the exact same thing when I came home and signed on.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

benmas's avatar - waveform
    Rhode Island
    United States
    Member #56010
    October 28, 2007
    434 Posts
    Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

the bottom line is: self picks are another way of picking that gives the player a certain control of how to make the bet..(favorite numbers, wheeling etc)..it does not give the player any advantage in the game as a whole...any ball can come out.. and no one can prevent that any ball from coming out or not..it is a random game...

with QPs you have no say..you get what you get and done...

but if you wanted say a ticket with all lines being odd numbers: a self pick can give you that...

if you wanted all lines to start with 11..a self pick can do that...

so with self picks there is a "niche" but there are no guarantees...all it does is give you control of the method of picking, not control over what is going to be drawn that night, cause that no one knows before...

pick whatever option you like...in VA i play a line with self and QPs combined also..

no one can say one is better over the other because there is no knowing what is better without knowing the result first

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5587 Posts
      Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

Don't you have a harmonic convergence or a tree hugging or a save the laboratory rats protest to attend instead of doing your typical revisionist routine?

Don't forget your Birkenstocks.

How to make friends and influence people.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5741 Posts
        Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

the bottom line is: self picks are another way of picking that gives the player a certain control of how to make the bet..(favorite numbers, wheeling etc)..it does not give the player any advantage in the game as a whole...any ball can come out.. and no one can prevent that any ball from coming out or not..it is a random game...

with QPs you have no say..you get what you get and done...

but if you wanted say a ticket with all lines being odd numbers: a self pick can give you that...

if you wanted all lines to start with 11..a self pick can do that...

so with self picks there is a "niche" but there are no guarantees...all it does is give you control of the method of picking, not control over what is going to be drawn that night, cause that no one knows before...

pick whatever option you like...in VA i play a line with self and QPs combined also..

no one can say one is better over the other because there is no knowing what is better without knowing the result first

Very well said, this should end the discussion.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

Please correct me If I'm wrong, but this thread has evolved into 2 questions, not one. As soon as the fact that the high 70% range was a possible culprit, which it is, it skewed the discussion.  It's obvious to me that wheels can be beneficial, but I believe that 2 different subjects are being discussed here, and that's why this thread has gone so far.

Joker,

I asked if Player Pick winning tickets outperformed their sales percentage more than QP's on the same basis.

They didn't/wouldn't/couldn't answer that question but instead started attacking the messenger as is their wont on the left.

Simple as that.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Harbinger
            D.C./MD.
            United States
            Member #44103
            July 30, 2006
            5587 Posts
            Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

Please correct me If I'm wrong, but this thread has evolved into 2 questions, not one. As soon as the fact that the high 70% range was a possible culprit, which it is, it skewed the discussion.  It's obvious to me that wheels can be beneficial, but I believe that 2 different subjects are being discussed here, and that's why this thread has gone so far.

I think grimrunner is on the left and $h1t for tiggs on the right.  There are your two subjects.

United States
              Member #75358
              June 1, 2009
              5345 Posts
              Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

It matters not anymore,  there are a couple of charlatans here,   and it is clear they aren't who they pretend to be.  Answer your own question,  please.

I've already answered my own question, I was just asking you or anyone else who wanted to respond.

If the question is whether QPs are better than SPs, or vice versa, we still have to ask......In what manner?

If the question is whether the whole point is moot because the very fact that 70% of JP winners are from QPs, this only means that since more people play QPs, that's where the majority of the winner will always show. And again, the question posed can't be satisfactoraly answered because the 70 % will overcome any other theory.

In order to have a reliable stat, both Qps, and SPs must have equal chance of winning. Only then.......If the Qps still account for 70% of the JP wins, should a red flag be raised in one's mind.

On the other hand, If SPs show a 70% winning ratio, then one must raise even a bigger red flag, and realize that systems work better.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

How to make friends and influence people.

It's How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. I read it years ago.

Here's one for ya: You are judged by the company you keep.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

I think grimrunner is on the left and $h1t for tiggs on the right.  There are your two subjects.

Gotta admit Ah look bedder then tiggs, lol.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                    Member #75358
                    June 1, 2009
                    5345 Posts
                    Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

My ears weren't that big, so that can't be me on the left.

I don't know what your beef is with me Jarasan. I simply asked a question. (Where have I heard that one before?...hmmmm)

Jarasan, as smart as you say you are, your come backs with dumb pictures only shows me you lack the factual response, and therfore resort to a typical 12 year old boy's response like the one above.

When you have something important to say, let me know....

Harbinger
                      D.C./MD.
                      United States
                      Member #44103
                      July 30, 2006
                      5587 Posts
                      Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

My ears weren't that big, so that can't be me on the left.

I don't know what your beef is with me Jarasan. I simply asked a question. (Where have I heard that one before?...hmmmm)

Jarasan, as smart as you say you are, your come backs with dumb pictures only shows me you lack the factual response, and therfore resort to a typical 12 year old boy's response like the one above.

When you have something important to say, let me know....

When did I say I was so smart? You people read way too much into stuff.

It is not you Joker.  Look at it closely bottom  right side of picture,  it is not a dumb picture,  it is the mug shot of grimrunner and $h1t for tiggs when they got caught stealing Scratch offs from the Starvin' Marvin at west border on 20 coming out of Georgia into Alabama in the 80's.

United States
                        Member #81843
                        October 31, 2009
                        856 Posts
                        Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

I've already answered my own question, I was just asking you or anyone else who wanted to respond.

If the question is whether QPs are better than SPs, or vice versa, we still have to ask......In what manner?

If the question is whether the whole point is moot because the very fact that 70% of JP winners are from QPs, this only means that since more people play QPs, that's where the majority of the winner will always show. And again, the question posed can't be satisfactoraly answered because the 70 % will overcome any other theory.

In order to have a reliable stat, both Qps, and SPs must have equal chance of winning. Only then.......If the Qps still account for 70% of the JP wins, should a red flag be raised in one's mind.

On the other hand, If SPs show a 70% winning ratio, then one must raise even a bigger red flag, and realize that systems work better.

Will you go hick on everyone if the answer does not agree with you? Are you going to redirect the whole thing and make this a ‘Pub=QP and Lib=SP? This whole thread is a QP shill’s wet dream gone bad.

You are right about the reds flags. Speaking of red flags, where is PB Floyd? You should really look at his posts. He is expert at very well paid level.

DD

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

Is there a gnat in here?

They're bad this year.

--Edmund Burke

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8390 Posts
                            Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

tiggs wonders how many "jackpots" these experts have hit..Many???...

we have a couple of

but they ain't saying nuthing.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

United States
                              Member #81843
                              October 31, 2009
                              856 Posts
                              Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

No but there is boulder in your eye.

DD

Page 14 of 78