Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Statistically Speaking - QP's and PP's

Topic closed. 1161 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 4 of 78
PrintE-mailLink
visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
light on my feet
United States
Member #356
May 20, 2002
2744 Posts
Posted: July 10, 2010, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

theories pay nothing in cash...

1st visiondude 4:44

(the "444" reference isn't to triples,  it's my giving the #4 more "face time")

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
    Harbinger
    D.C./MD.
    United States
    Member #44103
    July 30, 2006
    5583 Posts
    Posted: July 10, 2010, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

theories pay nothing in cash...

1st visiondude 4:44

(the "444" reference isn't to triples,  it's my giving the #4 more "face time")

Jackpots are not paid in cash.

Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5583 Posts
      Posted: July 10, 2010, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

Ridge,  Jade is not an idiot or a liberal,  liberal OUCH!  The equation is not a theory as Vdude suggests.  It shows that self picks expressed as the remainder of tickets total sold that are not Qpicks win proportionally higher as more QP's are sold.  The same would hold true for losing tix.

The proving thing refers to CT. I'm done I got Pball tonight.

light on my feet
        United States
        Member #356
        May 20, 2002
        2744 Posts
        Posted: July 10, 2010, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

yes,  that's the initial upfront truth,  but i was thinking "long term" as i usually do,  so i will amend my statement to...

theories don't pay diddly squat  Guitar

(1st visiondude 4:44 "a")

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: July 10, 2010, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

Ridge,  Jade is not an idiot or a liberal,  liberal OUCH!  The equation is not a theory as Vdude suggests.  It shows that self picks expressed as the remainder of tickets total sold that are not Qpicks win proportionally higher as more QP's are sold.  The same would hold true for losing tix.

The proving thing refers to CT. I'm done I got Pball tonight.

Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the integrity of certain people.

People who disrespect and insult people they don't know for no good reason usually wind up spittin out teeth in my neck of the woods though.

And I wouldn't have a friend like that.

I read your answer to my question.

Should I take that as a yes or a no?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19815 Posts
            Posted: July 10, 2010, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

the only way anyone can push their chest out about systems ruling the lottery planet,  is that someone can prove consistentcy,  repeatability,  sustainability,  and most important profitability.  by visiondude

Most systems are consistent and repeatable even if they aren't profitable and two out of four ain't bad.  Everyone knows the only time a lottery system is going to make a profit over a long period of time is when it wins a jackpot or maybe a second prize if it's one of those multi-state games or lotteries would be out of business.  Even when a system beats the overall odds of a win consistently, it cost more than it wins.  Players who use them believe in the long run they are their best chance at winning a top prize and the fact that other players have won the top prize with a QP isn't going to change their minds.

Excuse me, I need to fire up my system to pick a few lines to play for tonight's PB drawing before its 10:00 PM cut-off time.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Harbinger
              D.C./MD.
              United States
              Member #44103
              July 30, 2006
              5583 Posts
              Posted: July 10, 2010, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the integrity of certain people.

People who disrespect and insult people they don't know for no good reason usually wind up spittin out teeth in my neck of the woods though.

And I wouldn't have a friend like that.

I read your answer to my question.

Should I take that as a yes or a no?

It is a YES.  It takes patience  just like on the challenges, and I use a thing called intuition (not a system),  I find  intuition is powerful,  it appears out of nowhere when unhindered from the tribulations of wondering what if this what if that what if yadda yadda.

light on my feet
                United States
                Member #356
                May 20, 2002
                2744 Posts
                Posted: July 10, 2010, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

i love living in the "yes or no"  world.

it's simple. 

get's right to the point

much more efficient.

much less time spent explaining rediculous peripheral stuff having nothing to do with the subject at hand

much more time to be in a position to devote said time to something else that takes up that same amount of time ones just wasted.

yep,  get down to it.   

what i do love about the efficientcy of a "yes or no" answer,  is it brings right to the surface what a man really believes,  and lifts the veil,  and reveals what their trying to sell as being "vaild" (or not).

you can tell right quickly a man has squat when you steer them into "yes or no" land,  and they turn high tail and run

smokescreens do not constitute an answer,  and neither does silence

VISIONlivesinyesornolandDUDE

light on my feet
                  United States
                  Member #356
                  May 20, 2002
                  2744 Posts
                  Posted: July 10, 2010, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

the only way anyone can push their chest out about systems ruling the lottery planet,  is that someone can prove consistentcy,  repeatability,  sustainability,  and most important profitability.  by visiondude

Most systems are consistent and repeatable even if they aren't profitable and two out of four ain't bad.  Everyone knows the only time a lottery system is going to make a profit over a long period of time is when it wins a jackpot or maybe a second prize if it's one of those multi-state games or lotteries would be out of business.  Even when a system beats the overall odds of a win consistently, it cost more than it wins.  Players who use them believe in the long run they are their best chance at winning a top prize and the fact that other players have won the top prize with a QP isn't going to change their minds.

Excuse me, I need to fire up my system to pick a few lines to play for tonight's PB drawing before its 10:00 PM cut-off time.

hey RJ,

at least you present an honest assesment of "systems" play,  so i have always appreciated that about you.  Thumbs Up

like i said,  if a person is "numbers oriented",  in that for some reason they like playing with numbers, and want to apply that somehow to playing the lottery,  intellectual - wise,  i have no problem with that thinking.

my contention,  because the lottery is unpredictable / random,  is the notion that anyone can manipulate a better result by using any methodology.     that is impossible

for a system player to think that they can somehow extract better results, suggests that the lottery isn't random at all,  or only "partially random",  and therefore somehow 'predictable',  and given the lottery's design,  vs the length the lottery has been around,  vs peoples inability to crack it consistently,  spells nothing BUT random / unpredictability.

if you re-read your post,  even you admitted more of the "luck than skill"  factor,  because you alluded to time spent vs "maybe" hitting something if you are lucky.

because the lottery is random,  that's luck (fate),  not skill (a factual consistent profitable "system")

that's why i stressed profitability over time,  and not a "one hit here or there" scenario>

profitability / repeatability proves a system works

United States
                    Member #68002
                    December 10, 2008
                    477 Posts
                    Posted: July 10, 2010, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

OH MY GOD!!! VisionDude is back!!!

United States
                      Member #68002
                      December 10, 2008
                      477 Posts
                      Posted: July 10, 2010, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

The  only person I know that does really well using his own systems is STEVE PLAYER and his WINS  can be verified on his home  states lottery website and he doesn't  win  chump change either!!!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10344 Posts
                        Posted: July 10, 2010, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

jarasan,

"Since there are people out there that have won using self picks,  meansit does happen and is possible, notice 40% JP's or so are self picked, it is a system whatever it may be,  it is still not QPied....."

Well from what the lottery wesbites tell us your 40% is a wee bit inflated, it's more like 30%.

Now, of that 30%, heck I'll even give you the 40%, how many of those non-QPs are birthdays,m anniversaries and such? Ever notice when there's multiple winners or when the numbers are lower it's more likelt to be a PP?

The there's this, from Infinite Financial Freedom, What to Do Before and After You Hit the Lotterey, by Rob Sanford:

Some of the more unusual ways numbers have been picked:

the rural route numbers on the commute on the way to buy the ticket

a camer'as serial number

the lot number on a box of doughnuts while waiting in line to buy the winning ticket.

You can't assume a PP had anything to do with math, tracking, calculations, or anything.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

light on my feet
                          United States
                          Member #356
                          May 20, 2002
                          2744 Posts
                          Posted: July 10, 2010, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

OH MY GOD!!! VisionDude is back!!!

not to worry.

i purchased an LP rabies shot from the lottery post gift shop.   Party

United States
                            Member #75358
                            June 1, 2009
                            5345 Posts
                            Posted: July 10, 2010, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

I hardly ever play the PB, but decided to have a go at it tonight with 3 QPs. Actually, the first line is a partial QP. I picked the 3, and 17....my favorite.

tix

light on my feet
                              United States
                              Member #356
                              May 20, 2002
                              2744 Posts
                              Posted: July 10, 2010, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

jarasan,

"Since there are people out there that have won using self picks,  meansit does happen and is possible, notice 40% JP's or so are self picked, it is a system whatever it may be,  it is still not QPied....."

Well from what the lottery wesbites tell us your 40% is a wee bit inflated, it's more like 30%.

Now, of that 30%, heck I'll even give you the 40%, how many of those non-QPs are birthdays,m anniversaries and such? Ever notice when there's multiple winners or when the numbers are lower it's more likelt to be a PP?

The there's this, from Infinite Financial Freedom, What to Do Before and After You Hit the Lotterey, by Rob Sanford:

Some of the more unusual ways numbers have been picked:

the rural route numbers on the commute on the way to buy the ticket

a camer'as serial number

the lot number on a box of doughnuts while waiting in line to buy the winning ticket.

You can't assume a PP had anything to do with math, tracking, calculations, or anything.

good thinking.

that narrows it down way further on the supposed validation that systems work.

i still go by how many "systems"  i have seen displayed at LP,  vs how many years of observance of that,  vs the self admission on my part that probably the most brilliant lottery minds reside right here at LP,  and still no one seems to be able to pull a consistent profit off of even what is supposed to be more "crackable".......pick3.

let alone the "odds"  of the jackpot games.

that tells the real story

shoot,  back in the old LP days,  i used to rodeo with the pick3 players,  trying to get them admit they couldn't wrangle their way to fat-wallet land,  and challenged more than a few of them with "their numbers" vs my random picks.

i got a few of them to do it,  and i always beat them.  they didn't like that too much. 

but interestingly enough,  most everytime,  most everyone  excused themselves right out of the room.

not me.  if i have something to prove,  especially if someone challenges me,  i am staying all the way until the dust settles.

wherever that leads

i ain't afraid of the truth,  or my need to adjust to it,  whatever "it"  may be

Page 4 of 78