Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Statistically Speaking - QP's and PP's

Topic closed. 1161 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 13 of 78
PrintE-mailLink
dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #74096
May 2, 2009
22893 Posts
Posted: July 12, 2010, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

One day, I might have the time or desire to study the bigger games...right now, a quick pick here and there will do just fine. Spend a buck to

buy a hope and a dream? Maybe but probably not. The most I do at a time is $20 but it has to be up there....$$$$$$$.

I would rather sink the bigger bets into pick 3 and pick 4. Why do I buy a quick pick once in awhile? To take a shot at it. We all know qp's win.

It could happen to anyone that plays so why not? Are quick picks cheesy? Probably. Are they a waste of money...ask the people who've won

on a dollar quick pick. I'll bet they'll tell you it's the best darn dollar they ever did spend. I think that's part of why I usually will buy only one.

If it's going to happen, it will with one ticket. If it's supposed to happen to me then it will with one ticket.

Tonight I got a pick on the Cash 5 game...one line, one dollar. I had 3 numbers so that's okay...$11.00 Not the $775,000+ but just $11. That's

$10 ahead on that game. 8,522 people also matched 3 numbers. No one won the big money...now it's up to $1,350,000. Nice. I play again

but just one. And that will be a quick pick too.

Can any wheeler reveal their average plays per draw? How many tickets do you play? I can relate to multiple tickets, that's what I do for pick 3.

I'd never buy a pick 3 quick pick so I can also relate to the thought process that takes wheelers back again and again to their own systems rather

than relying or counting on quick picks to produce much, if anything. Most times, they don't.

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
    light on my feet
    United States
    Member #356
    May 20, 2002
    2744 Posts
    Posted: July 12, 2010, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

tell you what................i will throw my "1 QUICK PICK"  at november,  and see where that takes us.     lol

hey,  iffin you don't play,  you kain't espect to win, right.

i do have a "system" that i play when it comes to politics.

i put every candidate's picture  (suitable for framing or otherwise) up on a  board. 

then i blindfold meself,  and have my muy fantastico wife spin me around a bunch of times, then she hands me a handful of  darts,  equal to the number of "candidates"

i then attempt to figure out where the dart board even is,  and then i let it fly, hoping for a legit "hit".

now,  before one thinks that this is all a "totally random event" i engage myself in,  one has to be aware that i have spent countless hours studying each and every candidate.

i picked green darts,  cuz everyone knows green darts have a better chance than the red ones

i have eliminated their highs / lows by both political preference,  and by their past voting track records.

i have studied each candidate by extracting as much knowledge i can about thier futures moves,  based on thier rear view mirrors.

reduced the candidates down to a mathematical equation even,  based on what candidates presented the  "best odds" are of being the one

but,  i have to be honest...

despite my obsession about this,  and doing everything i can to hedge the odds,  still when it comes down to it,  i cannot get past the fact that the ALL the darts i threw ---------->  they still miss the whole board

it must be that "dizzy/blindfold"  thing that precedes my success,  cuz i know it works,  and it's just a matter of time.

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5583 Posts
      Posted: July 12, 2010, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

tiggs wonders how many "jackpots" these experts have hit..Many???...

Dang all the old guys went offline,  the nurses must of shut off the Internet access! 

Don't Depend on QP's to win you a jackpot,  because by the time you hit you won't even need these anymore.

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
        Miami
        United States
        Member #62793
        July 9, 2008
        673 Posts
        Posted: July 12, 2010, 10:12 pm - IP Logged
        To each his own.... i think the average player chooses q picks because they have no knowledge of wheels or systems. Lots of sales of q picks might include pools where the group purchases quick picks.
        I've been in pool where 10 people pitched in 10 bucks for 100 q picks when i asked the group if they wanted to create a wheel for the next pot they were like Huh! what are you talking about... I explained how a wheel works and they chose q picks over any wheeling attempt every time i suggested it.. They strongly believed that 100 quick picks would yield a wider dispersement of numbers.

If more people actually chose their numbers rather than buy Q picks then that group would win more but in the real world system players are few and far between the average ticket purchaser.
        Then there is the third group of players who only purchase the same picks every time.... and the mom and pop players that choose numbers based on family numbers birthdays and such this group wins sometimes and will brag about how they chose their picks. Some people might call this a system but in actually it's not... it's just luck.

I like to wheel numbers, but the truth is I can only do it for fun. I don't have $10 or $20 to throw at a daily game. My budget allows $1 per game per day. Unless I have some numbers I feel really strongly about, I'm going with qp.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: July 12, 2010, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

I like to wheel numbers, but the truth is I can only do it for fun. I don't have $10 or $20 to throw at a daily game. My budget allows $1 per game per day. Unless I have some numbers I feel really strongly about, I'm going with qp.

Ahhh Jeeeze, brace yourself Nino, the Politburo doesn't like your choice of ticket.

That's considered wrong thinking.

God help you now.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Harbinger
            D.C./MD.
            United States
            Member #44103
            July 30, 2006
            5583 Posts
            Posted: July 12, 2010, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

Everybody has preferences and you play within your means,  I hope someday you hit big.   A couple of posters here on these QP/PP threads have said that people that pick their own numbers claim to be Lottery Experts or believe that those Lottery Experts say: "one should play only self picks."  That is not true,  no one here claims to be a lottery expert,  or stated one must buy only self picks.  Anyone can play however they like  and  be in the game. 

QP's numbers are just as valid to hit as self picks are. 

What you might do is save up a few bucks as a jackpot grows and play a wheel when you feel it is right and you can cover the outlay.

Good Luck!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: July 12, 2010, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Everybody has preferences and you play within your means,  I hope someday you hit big.   A couple of posters here on these QP/PP threads have said that people that pick their own numbers claim to be Lottery Experts or believe that those Lottery Experts say: "one should play only self picks."  That is not true,  no one here claims to be a lottery expert,  or stated one must buy only self picks.  Anyone can play however they like  and  be in the game. 

QP's numbers are just as valid to hit as self picks are. 

What you might do is save up a few bucks as a jackpot grows and play a wheel when you feel it is right and you can cover the outlay.

Good Luck!

"QP's numbers are just as valid to hit as self picks are."

I rest my case.

--Edmund Burke

Harbinger
                D.C./MD.
                United States
                Member #44103
                July 30, 2006
                5583 Posts
                Posted: July 12, 2010, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

I rest my case.

Who ever said they weren't?  You asked a question you weren't judging or litigating anything,  that Tennessee swill you're drinking......................

"I ain't that smart."

Yeah right,  you are either in a continuous drunken state or you are MEGA THINK TANK!

United States
                  Member #75358
                  June 1, 2009
                  5345 Posts
                  Posted: July 12, 2010, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

Someone please straighten me out on this. Consider this...... If it were the case that 99% of the winners were QPs, would you think that the RNGs across the nation are really good at picking winning JPs, or that 99% of the folks were buying QPs?

Holy Baloney.....I go to work and come home 15 hours later and see 4 pages have been added. What is the problem here folks?

AM I MISSING SOMETHING ??????

Sometimes folks just think too hard....

Harbinger
                    D.C./MD.
                    United States
                    Member #44103
                    July 30, 2006
                    5583 Posts
                    Posted: July 12, 2010, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

I rest my case.

WITF did anybody say QP's don't hit?

You are a charlatan making $h1t up as you go.  Go back to sleep call your nurse time to change.

Harbinger
                      D.C./MD.
                      United States
                      Member #44103
                      July 30, 2006
                      5583 Posts
                      Posted: July 12, 2010, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

Someone please straighten me out on this. Consider this...... If it were the case that 99% of the winners were QPs, would you think that the RNGs across the nation are really good at picking winning JPs, or that 99% of the folks were buying QPs?

Holy Baloney.....I go to work and come home 15 hours later and see 4 pages have been added. What is the problem here folks?

AM I MISSING SOMETHING ??????

Sometimes folks just think too hard....

Welcome back PAC!  IF 99% of QP's were JackPOT winners then that means there are less than >.025% playing self picks!

United States
                        Member #75358
                        June 1, 2009
                        5345 Posts
                        Posted: July 12, 2010, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

Welcome back PAC!  IF 99% of QP's were JackPOT winners then that means there are less than >.025% playing self picks!

That's not what I asked. Please re-read the question.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: July 12, 2010, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

WITF did anybody say QP's don't hit?

You are a charlatan making $h1t up as you go.  Go back to sleep call your nurse time to change.

Don't you have a harmonic convergence or a tree hugging or a save the laboratory rats protest to attend instead of doing your typical revisionist routine?

Don't forget your Birkenstocks.

--Edmund Burke

Harbinger
                            D.C./MD.
                            United States
                            Member #44103
                            July 30, 2006
                            5583 Posts
                            Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

That's not what I asked. Please re-read the question.

It matters not anymore,  there are a couple of charlatans here,   and it is clear they aren't who they pretend to be.  Answer your own question,  please.

United States
                              Member #75358
                              June 1, 2009
                              5345 Posts
                              Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

Please correct me If I'm wrong, but this thread has evolved into 2 questions, not one. As soon as the fact that the high 70% range was a possible culprit, which it is, it skewed the discussion.  It's obvious to me that wheels can be beneficial, but I believe that 2 different subjects are being discussed here, and that's why this thread has gone so far.

Page 13 of 78