Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Statistically Speaking - QP's and PP's

Topic closed. 1161 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 15 of 78
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #75358
June 1, 2009
5345 Posts
Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Will you go hick on everyone if the answer does not agree with you? Are you going to redirect the whole thing and make this a ‘Pub=QP and Lib=SP? This whole thread is a QP shill’s wet dream gone bad.

You are right about the reds flags. Speaking of red flags, where is PB Floyd? You should really look at his posts. He is expert at very well paid level.

DD

Maybe you need glasses. You should re-read what I wrote. It is my opinion....HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is why there is a discussion forum.....why?......So we can have discussions..................................................................................................

Did your mind ever see me write some thing like.................."I NOW DECLARE, RULE OF THE LAND"?

You're as wacked out as Vision DUD.....

United States
    Member #81843
    October 31, 2009
    856 Posts
    Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Maybe you need glasses. You should re-read what I wrote. It is my opinion....HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is why there is a discussion forum.....why?......So we can have discussions..................................................................................................

Did your mind ever see me write some thing like.................."I NOW DECLARE, RULE OF THE LAND"?

You are right about your opinion. My bad. Can you repeat the question?

DD

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

Things are definitely going to be dumbed down now, Joker.

Unintelligible-ville.

The forum combined IQ has taken a plunge.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
        Member #81843
        October 31, 2009
        856 Posts
        Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

Things are definitely going to be dumbed down now, Joker.

Unintelligible-ville.

The forum combined IQ has taken a plunge.

Face it fo- hick, you now tried to redefine the question and you have been successful at distancing yourself from any objectiveness due to your ROVIAN tactics.

Maybe you should get a job at FOX and you can be there when they throw your TEABAG goddess under the bus one last time. She is a sell-out like Rove and all the dirt-boys you admire. YOU are a Shill.

DD

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: July 12, 2010, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

Face it fo- hick, you now tried to redefine the question and you have been successful at distancing yourself from any objectiveness due to your ROVIAN tactics.

Maybe you should get a job at FOX and you can be there when they throw your TEABAG goddess under the bus one last time. She is a sell-out like Rove and all the dirt-boys you admire. YOU are a Shill.

DD

LOL What I tell ya Joker?

--Edmund Burke

United States
            Member #81843
            October 31, 2009
            856 Posts
            Posted: July 13, 2010, 12:24 am - IP Logged

LOL What I tell ya Joker?

Good spin Ridge. I can see how you got Jade going and took the topic to your hog-walher level.

You like all dirtboys gotta change the subject, as in redefining the question when it suits you. The question is not about my IQ but let’s see,… you went to the mud pits when you feigned stupidity like the rest of the world is in your court. Boo-Hoo. Having a few to sympathize with you does not change the discussion in this thread and it has gone out. Why don’t you answer Joker? Cat got your tongue? I don't see where you told him.

DD

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
              Member #59354
              March 13, 2008
              4092 Posts
              Posted: July 13, 2010, 12:24 am - IP Logged

Couldn't the whole Quick Pick / Player Pick (System) controversy be solved with statistics?

According to the latest back and forth:

Quick Picks account for 70% of the tickets sold and 70% of the winning tickets.

Player Picks account for 30% of the tickets sold and 30% of the winning tickets.

That outcome would be and is in accordance with the odds.

My question then is this:

If one method of play is better, wouldn't it's winning percentage fare better than it's sales percentage?

For instance, if Player Picks are better, shouldn't they garner maybe 35 to 40% of the winners while only accounting for 30% of the sales?

If neither method  beats the odds of winning percentage vs. sales percentage, how is one better than the other? 

As it stands now, if the percentages are correct, Player Picks win at the same dumb luck rate as Quick Picks

It would seem to me that in order to have a definitive answer, one would have to find a little edge, a little bulge in the percentage of wins vs. sales on a consistent basis to prove the superiority of one style of play over the other.

Or am I nuts?

rdgrnr

Were does this information come from, the 70% 30% split.  I would question that first.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10392 Posts
                Posted: July 13, 2010, 12:26 am - IP Logged

The Politburo is sending a lotto expert, Ivan Selfpickovitch, in to say it's ok to play quick picks but you must wheel them.

Ivan previously worked in the Ministry of Disinformatzy.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                  Member #81843
                  October 31, 2009
                  856 Posts
                  Posted: July 13, 2010, 12:37 am - IP Logged

The Politburo is sending a lotto expert, Ivan Selfpickovitch, in to say it's ok to play quick picks but you must wheel them.

You shills have no shame. You drive the discussion forum and control public opinion with propaganda like you are a common man, one of the crowd as you mix. The tail wags the dog when you say a dissident to your agenda is trying to control the public’s mind. Facts are only meaningful when they support your agenda. I have met some pathetic manipulative people in my life but for the money, you confidence artists take the cake. Why don’t you PM someone who cares, someone who you can call foul to my exposing your manipulations. It's too late for the news to change.

DD

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10392 Posts
                    Posted: July 13, 2010, 12:47 am - IP Logged

This just in, Illinois:

LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR MONDAY, JULY 12, 2010

WINNING NUMBERS: 18 - 21 - 22 - 30 - 51 - 52

PLAYERS MATCHING 6 OF 6 NUMBERS
                    INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS 1
                    EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE $3,500,000.00

WINNING TICKETS WERE SOLD AT

600362 CASEYS GEN STORE #2359 (QP)
                    401 S MAIN
                    FARMER CITY/61842

Which gives us TYD 2010:

6 Jackpots

5 QP

1 PP

Solo jackpots: 6

Shared jackpots: 0

Highest jackpot $12,250,000 June 12

Average jackpot: $6,083,333

Total jackpot money paid out to date: $36,500,00

The request still stands for any Excel expert to do a tally on total jackpot money won by quick picks compared to total jackpot money won by self picks.

The first jackpot of the year in this game was a PP for $4,250,000, the other five wins have all been quick picks, so in this particular game of $36,500,000 paid out $32,250,000 have gone to QPs.That's 89.04% of the jackpot money.

Anything promoting the wonders of self picks over quick picks other than other games being tracked, that is backing up what is said, and results posted is nothing but opinion and only falls under the SO WHAT rule.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: July 13, 2010, 12:52 am - IP Logged

rdgrnr

Were does this information come from, the 70% 30% split.  I would question that first.

RL

Those are the numbers that are always recited when the subject comes up.

Here's what I wanted to know.

I'll make this as simple as possible.

Example:

The QP's bought 70% of tickets and had 60% of the winners.

The PP's bought 30% of tickets and had 40% of the winners.

I would consider that to be proof that PP's outperform QP's.

Would that be right?

I was asking if anybody knew if that was the case and you would think I made the libs recite the Pledge of Allegiance from all the vitriol I got in response from them.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: July 13, 2010, 12:56 am - IP Logged

Green laughYou outdid yourself on that one CT.

LMAO.

--Edmund Burke

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                          Miami, FLA
                          United States
                          Member #62793
                          July 9, 2008
                          680 Posts
                          Posted: July 13, 2010, 12:58 am - IP Logged

Those are the numbers that are always recited when the subject comes up.

Here's what I wanted to know.

I'll make this as simple as possible.

Example:

The QP's bought 70% of tickets and had 60% of the winners.

The PP's bought 30% of tickets and had 40% of the winners.

I would consider that to be proof that PP's outperform QP's.

Would that be right?

I was asking if anybody knew if that was the case and you would think I made the libs recite the Pledge of Allegiance from all the vitriol I got in response from them.

If those numbers are accurate then I've been living a lie all these years!!!

PP's it is!!

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                            light on my feet
                            United States
                            Member #356
                            May 20, 2002
                            2744 Posts
                            Posted: July 13, 2010, 1:03 am - IP Logged

Dang all the old guys went offline,  the nurses must of shut off the Internet access! 

Don't Depend on QP's to win you a jackpot,  because by the time you hit you won't even need these anymore.

welllllllll you may not be very proficient at picking what the future numbers are going to be jarasan,  but you sure are good at determining what's "predictable" in someone else's life.    (as in my "need" for the above pictured item)

aka,  i teach teenagers how to drive

how did you know that?

lol

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: July 13, 2010, 1:04 am - IP Logged

If those numbers are accurate then I've been living a lie all these years!!!

PP's it is!!

I made up those numbers as a hypothetical Nino.

I find it hard to believe that 70% of QP's account for exactly 70% of winners and the 30% of PP's account for exactly 30% of winners.

But if that's the case how can anybody say one method is better than the other?

--Edmund Burke

Page 15 of 78