Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 8:12 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Statistically Speaking - QP's and PP's

Topic closed. 1161 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 17 of 78
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: July 13, 2010, 2:08 am - IP Logged

So where does this 70% QP and 30% PP stats come from if the data is not made public???

I hope somebody knows! lol

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: July 13, 2010, 2:16 am - IP Logged

Thank you darlin.Lovies

Aw shucks...       Love

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
      Member #59354
      March 13, 2008
      4088 Posts
      Posted: July 13, 2010, 2:20 am - IP Logged

agree, and I believe theres a reason for it.

example...I have been tracking a certain game in mich here ..I play it when the pot is over a certain amount.

What I see is weird and it doesn't have anything to do with qp or pp..it's the location of the winners.

The biggest concentration of people who play are in 2 areas the Detroit metro area and the Bay city Flint.

Yet the winners of this game for the last 3 years are coming from little towns most of which I have never heard of, I actually have a map with push pins in it ..

I don't know if the winners are QP OR PP .

A COUPLE WEEKS AGO WE HAD A RECORD JACKPOT ON THIS GAME AND I TOLD MY HUSBAND WATCH THE WINNER WILL BE FAR AWAY...I WAS RIGHT IT WAS WON BY SOMEONE IN THE UP.

I DO NOT HAVE ANY SPECIAL SIGHT SEEING ABILITIES.

DO I TRUST THIS GAME ......HELL NO, NOT ANY MORE.

I HAVE A DEGREE IN QUALITY CONTROL AND THAT INCLUDES STATISICAL PROCESS CONTROL.

I AM IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM THE DING BAT I PRETEND TO BE SOMETIMES.

sully16

I know what you are saying.  I track data and find many such things that don't fit.  I have very much

to say concerning this but cannot here on LP.  There are many who would jump in and make any

real disscussion impossible.  The lotteries are money making machines and as long a sales continue

to rise, nothing will ever get changed.  The states know this and will continue to pump it for all they

can.  I am not a trusting person and find very little to put my trust in.  When our leaders admit to lies

as par for the course and no one seems to even care, I think that this a very big sign as to where we

are heading.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
        Member #59354
        March 13, 2008
        4088 Posts
        Posted: July 13, 2010, 2:26 am - IP Logged

So where does this 70% QP and 30% PP stats come from if the data is not made public???

badboy00z

I think that it comes from the winning ticket count.  This is made public but not the sales for

QP'S vs SP's.  Example if 70% of winning tickets are QP's then people assume that 70% of the

tickets sold are QP's.  This is what I question.  I have never seen any stats that show this to be

true or false.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
          Member #81843
          October 31, 2009
          856 Posts
          Posted: July 13, 2010, 2:32 am - IP Logged

Now that is a better and more civil tone but the lib dialog has to go if you’re truly going to be objectionable Ridge. Is that not what the intent was? Don’t make up your mind on something for political reasons or persuasion.

Take the sensation over substance lady for example. Surely a QP that is proving to be bad as O’Rielly get’s the green light to now drag her behind the bus with all the rope she has been given to hang herself with! November is around the corner and it will be QP time as lines of definition are made clearer.

Sully, you are a smart woman. I have the old AT&T SPC book here somewhere, they wrote it!

DD

United States
            Member #81843
            October 31, 2009
            856 Posts
            Posted: July 13, 2010, 2:44 am - IP Logged

sully16

I know what you are saying.  I track data and find many such things that don't fit.  I have very much

to say concerning this but cannot here on LP.  There are many who would jump in and make any

real disscussion impossible.  The lotteries are money making machines and as long a sales continue

to rise, nothing will ever get changed.  The states know this and will continue to pump it for all they

can.  I am not a trusting person and find very little to put my trust in.  When our leaders admit to lies

as par for the course and no one seems to even care, I think that this a very big sign as to where we

are heading.

RL

Welcome to the machine!

yep, TIME sez all the states are looking at big deficits next year. Were are getting there fast!

RIGHT?LEFT? it 's all the same at the top tiers because it's all CFR. What an illusion that has polarized people. It makes division because that is the design. A designed conflict.

DD

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
              Park City, UT
              United States
              Member #69864
              January 18, 2009
              993 Posts
              Posted: July 13, 2010, 3:07 am - IP Logged

From the powerball FAQ section:

WHICH HAS THE BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING: COMPUTER PICKS OR PLAYER PICKS?

About 70% to 80% of purchases are computer picks. About 70% to80% of winners are computer picks. Perhaps just one of those weird coincidences?

Hardly an earth shattering statement for having such an intense debate over the virtue of QP vs SP.

Jimmy

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5762 Posts
                Posted: July 13, 2010, 8:31 am - IP Logged

rdgrnr

Were does this information come from, the 70% 30% split.  I would question that first.

RL

The question made me curious, so I did a little research and checked the results of Texas Lotto since it's last matrix change in 2006. About 65% of the jackpot winners were QP's. I also checked Texas 2 Step ( a 4+1 game) and about 80% of the jackpot winners were QP's. While I don't always play QP's, I think it's a good idea to if I'm playing one or more lines of my own picks.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                  Member #47420
                  November 4, 2006
                  3930 Posts
                  Posted: July 13, 2010, 9:10 am - IP Logged

Dang all the old guys went offline,  the nurses must of shut off the Internet access! 

Don't Depend on QP's to win you a jackpot,  because by the time you hit you won't even need these anymore.

Always remember clown,ridge and tiggs was your age once you've never been ours..

Hey ridge when does everyone sleep here you guys been posting all night..When tiggs was young tiggs had better things to do at night..Oh baby!!!..

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                    Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #74096
                    May 2, 2009
                    23238 Posts
                    Posted: July 13, 2010, 9:37 am - IP Logged

Always remember clown,ridge and tiggs was your age once you've never been ours..

Hey ridge when does everyone sleep here you guys been posting all night..When tiggs was young tiggs had better things to do at night..Oh baby!!!..

lol tiggs! Sleep? If we don't start getting some, we may never make it to your age. That would be sad, there's so much more to see and do.

Big Smile

Good luck today!

United States
                      Member #68002
                      December 10, 2008
                      477 Posts
                      Posted: July 13, 2010, 10:00 am - IP Logged

"VISIONDUDE"

I'm just pointing out how  wrong you  are because you LACK UNDERSTANDING of what's going on you keep saying the balls have no memory,you keep talking about  the randomness of the game "I AGREE" but you don't comprehend the full concept of how random numbers behave over a period  of  time because you don't play the  way I do.And it has nothing too do with wishful thinking  if your  able  too hit the numbers but anyway as I stated before if you don't get it now then you never will so just stay stubborn  it seems your  better off that way.Oh by the way you never  answered my question have you ever won anything  from your  preferred method of  Quick-Picks I'm not here saying my way is better than anything  else a player uses all I am saying is that my method works for me just like quick-picks do for other  players.And if  a player can win using lucky numbers and quick-picks  then they  can surely do the same using the intelligence  that GOD gave us.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10391 Posts
                        Posted: July 13, 2010, 10:08 am - IP Logged

From the powerball FAQ section:

WHICH HAS THE BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING: COMPUTER PICKS OR PLAYER PICKS?

About 70% to 80% of purchases are computer picks. About 70% to80% of winners are computer picks. Perhaps just one of those weird coincidences?

Hardly an earth shattering statement for having such an intense debate over the virtue of QP vs SP.

Jimmy

jimwright,

Yup. I've postd that stat from the PB FAQ page several times but as rdgrnr said, once people have their moind nade up about something somethig don't confuse them with the facts.

On drawing nights that there is no winner PB posts a scroll something like

"There was no jackpot winner tonight but 723, 624 players won other prizes".

If 70% to 80% of ticket sales are QPs, is that enough info. to figure out total sales for a particular drawing?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                          Member #68002
                          December 10, 2008
                          477 Posts
                          Posted: July 13, 2010, 10:12 am - IP Logged

someone will have my attention as to whether or not "manipulation" is true,  when they can demonstrate over time they can't beat the odds,  and no one does

if there is just one glaring fact about this debate,  it's that..........no one does (out of how many players worldwide?)

"VISIONDUDE"

I'm  gonnna give  you one  name  "STEVE  PLAYER" he  has WON over a million dollars in the Pick-3/4 games in his home state of New Hampshire  and  it's been verified in fact  you can see his  name and amounts he won on there lottery website.

United States
                            Member #68002
                            December 10, 2008
                            477 Posts
                            Posted: July 13, 2010, 10:23 am - IP Logged

The  reason why most   winning tickets  are  QUICK-PICKS is because the  majority of players USE  quick-picks  the  system/strategy players are a minority.Does this mean quick-picks  are better?? OF  COURSE not it's just the  PREFERRED  method  for your average  player,your typical player doesn't use any kind of strategic play like software,analysis,tracking etc.... they just do  what's  easy  and  convenient and PRAY there numbers come up and the most  convenient/easiest  method of play are "QUICK-PICKS"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10391 Posts
                              Posted: July 13, 2010, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

LotteryTechnic,

Somewhere her on LP there's a thread about steve Player not even being a real person, it's a lotto "think tank" of people, many people trying different things and when one of them wins something that's what gets promoted.

Whether that's true or not is anyone's guess.

I've seen a couple of his lower priced systems and they are worthless.

I once recieved his catalog and it's many pages, 4-color printing, which scosts $$$$, and is aranged low price to high price. And the high prices are high.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Page 17 of 78