Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:47 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Statistically Speaking - QP's and PP's

Topic closed. 1161 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 45 of 78
PrintE-mailLink
Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
Texas
United States
Member #86154
January 30, 2010
1654 Posts
Posted: August 5, 2010, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

I, like lots of others, have been quietly monitoring this thread about QP's vs. PP's. There's a huge misconception about these two methods of play which keep most people confused. First of all, QP's absolutely cannot tailor a player's numbers around what's going on "right now" with the most recent draw. They are randomly kicked out via software which is actually very similar to RNG's to be perfectly honest.

This can be good and bad at the same time. Most QP's will not be anywhere close to the winning numbers lots of times while others will produce a one line winner. Herein lies the truth of the whole matter. More people purchase QP's than PP's who play their own personal numbers. This is why the statistics show that QP's out weigh PP's. The PP's are definitely out there and are winning but, they're not in quite the abundance of QP players.

If more people play a particular way, then there will be more winners...STATISTICALLY.  QP players cannot win no where near as consistent as PP's with correct math and properly arranged numbers. When QP's hit, it's just the luck of the draw. When PP's hit, there's some skill applied there because they've taken time to execute mathematical logistics to land that hit. Computers can't and don't do this...unless it's programmed by a human to do so. I know lots of people who hit on a QP but, there are many many moons between that one and the next one...especially if it's a straight hit.

By the time they even get a decent boxed hit, most of that money is gone back to the state because there's no consistency with QP's. In the end, to each their own with their beliefs. Personally, I don't mind losing when I've played my best numbers because I know I had a fair chance at it from the start. With QP's, you're simply at the mercy of the computer. Just my little .02

L.L.

United States
    Member #68002
    December 10, 2008
    477 Posts
    Posted: August 5, 2010, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

I couldn't have said it  any better  myself "BRAVO" well done "Lucky Loser"!!!This  is what I've  been trying too get across too VISIONDUDE yes both methods have an equal chance  of  hitting  the numbers but PP's  when  executed properly CAN and WILL give you an edge in the  game,I know  this PERSONALLY  because all  the times I bought quicks-picks years ago I never won a dime but when I discovered lottery tools like software and systems I slowly started  winning like (4/5 in Pick-5) (4/6 in Pick-6) and straight and boxed hits in Pick-3/4.

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
      light on my feet
      United States
      Member #356
      May 20, 2002
      2744 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2010, 12:49 am - IP Logged

Good grief!  Psuedo attack?  It was just off topic, that's why it wasn't mentioned.  It is extremely hard to understand what you write sometimes.   Sentences start with an upper case letter... build from there, teacher.  It definitely lessens your message.  Big "grownup" words and long drawn out posts don't help either...Big Grin

Back to QP or SP. 

Original Post by visiondude

(1)  KY stated what he/she did on the last page about the "apples to apples"  type challenge,  so look there.

not trying to be "difficult",  but it be your responsibility to point me to any place in that thread that "proves" systems over anything, period.

you made the claim about that thread,  and i perused it,  but found no "proof". 

because you slid that thread out as proof,  it would be up to you to provide the "hyperlink",  etc.

RJ posted this link to Jade's thread originally, I didn't slide the thread out.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/161865

Here is one of your quotes, visiondude, in this thread:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/217100/1705326

"but,  tapping into jade's impressive mathematical skills,  you can tell,  if there is one person at LP that has the "statistical skeleton" to be able to build a body of believability,  as far as being able to map out the possibility of a system working, by being repeatable,  it's  jade."

So, NOW you have an entire thread devoted to the topic by Jade and you totally refuse to accept what he says.  I don't think there is anything I can say to convince you otherwise.

For the pleasure of Coin Toss and maybe this is exactly what he means by citing the purchase of a single QP ticket vs self-picked tickets.

I would agree that if you are going to buy just one ticket, it doesn't make any difference if it is a QP or a SP.

"Good grief!  Psuedo attack?  It was just off topic, that's why it wasn't mentioned.  It is extremely hard to understand what you write sometimes.   Sentences start with an upper case letter... build from there, teacher.  It definitely lessens your message.  Big "grownup" words and long drawn out posts don't help either...Big Grin".

the first part of your above quote doesn't even make sense,  unless you graduated from the same school of "integrity addition"  that stack graduated from,  then it makes perfect sense,  because neither of you are integrity giants if you think you can attack a guys (lack) of grammar skills,  as a means to discount what a man says.

and no.    you understand eveything i say,  in spite of my grammar spillages,  so that's a lie.

because i don't "capitalize",  it "lessens my message"?   

man,  you owe an apology to all the people in 3rd world countries that aren't linguistically "talented"  as you.

you need to hand write out 3billion "apologies"  tonightROFL

truecritic, if you are going to "bust me"  for something,  that's cool,  God knows i stick my chin way out,  but at least don't flush your integrity down the toilet as you attempt to.

otherwise,  your just embarrassing all the "intelligent" people of the world,  who think they are "above" everyone else,  just because they got an A in english class

even if i did correct my grammar,  you and stack would dream up some other lame excuse

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10389 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2010, 1:27 am - IP Logged

I, like lots of others, have been quietly monitoring this thread about QP's vs. PP's. There's a huge misconception about these two methods of play which keep most people confused. First of all, QP's absolutely cannot tailor a player's numbers around what's going on "right now" with the most recent draw. They are randomly kicked out via software which is actually very similar to RNG's to be perfectly honest.

This can be good and bad at the same time. Most QP's will not be anywhere close to the winning numbers lots of times while others will produce a one line winner. Herein lies the truth of the whole matter. More people purchase QP's than PP's who play their own personal numbers. This is why the statistics show that QP's out weigh PP's. The PP's are definitely out there and are winning but, they're not in quite the abundance of QP players.

If more people play a particular way, then there will be more winners...STATISTICALLY.  QP players cannot win no where near as consistent as PP's with correct math and properly arranged numbers. When QP's hit, it's just the luck of the draw. When PP's hit, there's some skill applied there because they've taken time to execute mathematical logistics to land that hit. Computers can't and don't do this...unless it's programmed by a human to do so. I know lots of people who hit on a QP but, there are many many moons between that one and the next one...especially if it's a straight hit.

By the time they even get a decent boxed hit, most of that money is gone back to the state because there's no consistency with QP's. In the end, to each their own with their beliefs. Personally, I don't mind losing when I've played my best numbers because I know I had a fair chance at it from the start. With QP's, you're simply at the mercy of the computer. Just my little .02

L.L.

Lucky Loser,

Since you mentioned straight hits above I take it you are focusing on Pick 3.

As far as quick picks in a jackpot game, well a Pick 5, here's results for such a game for this year:

LITTLE LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR THURSDAY, AUGUST 05, 2010

WINNING NUMBERS: 10 - 11 - 23 - 25 - 36

PLAYERS MATCHING 5 OF 5 NUMBERS
        INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS 2
        EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE $50,000.00

WINNING TICKETS WERE SOLD AT

102015 LUCKY MINI MART (QP)
        4103 N LINCOLN AVE
        CHICAGO/60618

201931 TAES LIQUORS (QP)
        7 S WOLF RD
        PROSPECT HEIGHTS /60070

To date:

98 Jackpots

45 PP 

81 QP 

Solo jackpots: 75

Shared jackpots: 23

Highest jackpot:

$625,000, one winner on May 11

Average jackpot: $190,071

I'm using this game because there's a drawing every day of the year. PB and MM are drawn twice a week and produce 12 to 15 jackpots on average in any given year.

I'm taking it that the focus of this thread is jackpot games. Since a lot of us see the lottery as "a dollar and a dream" I don't think a Pick 3 hit, nice as it is, is any dream fulfiller.

As always, I invite anyone to pick a game and track it drawing by drawing and see what the results are.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: August 6, 2010, 1:28 am - IP Logged

"Good grief!  Psuedo attack?  It was just off topic, that's why it wasn't mentioned.  It is extremely hard to understand what you write sometimes.   Sentences start with an upper case letter... build from there, teacher.  It definitely lessens your message.  Big "grownup" words and long drawn out posts don't help either...Big Grin".

the first part of your above quote doesn't even make sense,  unless you graduated from the same school of "integrity addition"  that stack graduated from,  then it makes perfect sense,  because neither of you are integrity giants if you think you can attack a guys (lack) of grammar skills,  as a means to discount what a man says.

and no.    you understand eveything i say,  in spite of my grammar spillages,  so that's a lie.

man,  you owe an apology to all the people in 3rd world countries that aren't linguistically "talented"  as you.

truecritic, if you are going to "bust me"  for something,  that's cool,  God knows i stick my chin way out,  but at least don't flush your integrity down the toilet as you attempt to.

otherwise,  your just embarrassing all the "intelligent" people of the world,  who think they are "above" everyone else,  just because they got an A in english class

even if i did correct my grammar,  you and stack would dream up some other lame excuse

Not following simple rules to the best of one's ability, in this case correct grammar and other writing skills, (seemingly done on purpose, even after knowing what the right thing to do is), displays many things about that person. You don't even have to be a foreigner to give yourself away. Many fluent English speaking Americans try to write the way they speak, or speak using incorrect usages of words and slang to a point where they either portrait themselves as idiots, or well meaning folk who have no idea how it can impact how others perceive them.

One can unknowingly sabotage a job interview by displaying themselves as uneducated in the most simplest form, ergo, fundamental clues employers look for in a potential candidate to fill a position, not to mention above and beyond performance in communication skills concerning customer service.

If you want people to take you seriously, you first have to show you possess simple idiot proof abilities.

light on my feet
            United States
            Member #356
            May 20, 2002
            2744 Posts
            Posted: August 6, 2010, 1:39 am - IP Logged

"Since you've been teaching "how to win jackpots" on LP for 8 years, there must be many happy jackpot winners thanking you daily and I'm sure you can find one of them who will share their winning story with us and explain exactly how your "sig" helped them".

purchase some reading comphrehension skills from truecritic,  because all i stated was my example of "levity"  provides some people a better perspective on the chasing aspect of the lottery.

leave it to you to twist my words.   it's a common tactic used by those when confronted with the "i refuse"  of thier lives.

i know one things for sure,  you sure haven't helped anyone win a JP.      shoot,  you cannot even help yourself win the pick3.

*********************************************************************************************

"How could I lie when you won't say for a fact you helped even one person?"

feigned innocence.  it's such an endearing quality when attempting to attract someone toward you based on "integrity".

you lied about what i said purposefully,  because what i said was right in line with what you stated.

i love archived footage of these "issues",   because anyone that picks truth over people/opinions can go back and see that when i called you out on it,  it was true.

you don't think you are worth my spilling my hard earned integrity into the gutter over you,  do you?

*********************************************************************************************

"Of course that statement alone probably offends many LP members, but that shouldn't bother someone whose purpose and intent seems to be to offend as many members as possible".

oh boy.  desperate mode.   when people can't answer for their own integrity spillages,  they go into "discredit at all costs" mode.   been around more than a few blocks with integrity giants like this.

look,  i am not here to "offend".   if i was,  i would be bombing every thread i can get my hands on,  so i can take my lack of grammar skills out for a sunday stroll,  at anyones expense that happens to be walking on the same side of the street i am.

not my "gig",  stack.   what is my gig - is my sig.   secondary to that,  is the questioning of false hope,  and whatever that amounts to at that time.

while i don't live to "offend",  i certainly don't worry about making mr popularity over "lessening"  the truth to give people like you a free pass.

it isn't my fault,  if you find yourself on the other side of what's true,  whatever that is.

am i "worried"  that the majority at LP don't believe what i do about randomness aspects.  no.   i don't cater "truth" to groups of people,  or popularity polls.   

i am who i am,  and you are free to vote for whoever you want,  once somebody resurrects a "whose the most popular poster at LP"  -  poll.

i know enough about odds / math,  that i know it won't be me,  and to me,  that's  ----->Thumbs Up

******************************************************************************************

"Oh, you've been providing levity? And I here I though it was just stupidity and for a while stopped responding to you out of pity".

no,  actually you "stopped responding to me",  when you didn't have anything in the bag,  after i demonstrated how lame your excuse was about QP's having to be "purchased".    truth is,  that's where your integrity left your back pocket.  it's going downhill fast from there...

*******************************************************************************************

"Had you stayed focused during 8th grade math, you would easily understand why a 2 if 5 wheel covering all 56 wbs and using all 46 bonus numbers does exactly what its suppose to do; match 2 numbers in one combo and have the winning bonus ball".

my math stinks,  no question,  but what i lack in math skills,  i am completely talented in the "that's a lame excuse/smokecreen/i refuse to do it"  parts of life.   unlucky for you,  i graduated summa cum laude baloney detector,  and now you can explain to the board,  that while during your above "pontifications"  about how it works -  you completely chickened out of showing it actually doing it.

truth is stack, i called you out on showing it,  and you manufactured a painfully obvious excuse why you "wouldn't"

*******************************************************************************************

"Do you make your students check under the hood to see if there is an engine before getting in the car?"

spoken like a true perspective askewed systems player,  much ado about nothing.   one turn of the key ought to tell them what they need to know.  hey,  that parallels the QP thing.

"just one turn of the key,  ought to tell you everything you need to know.   no sense in going to the library to "study"  if the engines beneath the hood".  lol

you know though,  you have inspired me tonight about "warning" my students about trusting the integrity aspects of "other drivers",  and how they should incorporate that into their decision making.

looks like i get to use you as a "scenario"  in my lesson plan.   that should make you warm and fuzzy toward me :)

United States
              Member #93947
              July 10, 2010
              2180 Posts
              Posted: August 6, 2010, 1:46 am - IP Logged

L.L.

Lucky Loser,

A lot of what you said above is true.

"If more people play a particular way, then there will be more winners...STATISTICALLY.  QP players cannot win no where near as consistent as PP's with correct math and properly arranged numbers."

This is true, assuming you are buying more than 1 ticket.  However, you're forgetting something very important.

Let's say you're picking numbers for a Pick-5/43 game, and you have $5 to spend.

Compare these 2 choices:

Set  A                         Set  B

1   2   3   4   5        1   2   3   4   5

1   2   3   4   5        6   7   8   9 10

1   2   3   4   5      11 12 13 14 15

1   2   3   4   5      16 17 18 19 20

1   2   3   4   5      21 22 23 24 25

I think most people would agree that if person A bought Set A, and person B bought Set B, every day for 20 years, person B would buy approximately 5 times as many winning tickets as person A.  What many people may forget though is that each time person A wins, he/she wins ON ALL FIVE TICKETS.  The result is that at the end of the 20 years, UNLESS one of these people wins at least one JACKPOT (5/5), they will both end up with approximately the same amount of money!  Since most of these games pay Jackpots from a Parimutuel pool, person A's 5 tickets will only be an advantage winning a Jackpot when there are a lot of other winners because holding 5 identical tickets [1-2-3-4-5] with no other winners will only get you 5 fifths, or one(1) jackpot.  Of course, it's more complicated than that, but the bottom line is that Set B is a better bet overall than Set A, when you consider the Jackpot.  Having admitted that, remember that QPs will [most likely] never look like Set A, so the difference between the 2 approaches will be miniscule, possibly not measurable.  Also, if you buy only one ticket per day, it MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE.  So, the bottom line is that the choice between PPs and QPs probably doesn't matter much.

But for those who don't believe in randomness, and think they can eliminate numbers from the universal set, 43 in this case, betting on all combinations of a reduced set: they will reject most of the above paragraph.  Since I'm working on a process to help them examine their systems more scientifically,  which I started with a Poll in the PA Daily Number(Evening) Thread in the Lottery Systems Forum, I will end here by inviting you there.

--Jimmy

P.S.  There are 962,598 unique results in a Pick(5,43) game.  Buying 5 PPs per day, you have a high likelihood of winning at least one jackpot every 527 years.  If you can only afford 1 ticket per day, you might have to wait until the year 4647!  See you at the Pick-3 Poll!

light on my feet
                United States
                Member #356
                May 20, 2002
                2744 Posts
                Posted: August 6, 2010, 1:52 am - IP Logged

"I'll ask one more time, WHAT HAVE YOU TAUGHT ANYONE ON THIS THREAD THAT COULD HELP THEM WIN A JACKPOT?"

"you bet YOUR LIFE i have,   for 8 years running.everyday my sig is a reminder of what i am here to "teach"  per se"

Since you've been teaching "how to win jackpots" on LP for 8 years, there must be many happy jackpot winners thanking you daily and I'm sure you can find one of them who will share their winning story with us and explain exactly how your "sig" helped them.

"well,  that's documented lie #1 for you,  because i just went back to my post on aug 2nd @ 3:38pm where i made a statement that was perfectly in line with the question you asked me"

And you answer was "if i helped one person move from desperation avenue,"

How could I lie when you won't say for a fact you helped even one person?

"as i have already proven,  there is no one in residence at LP that can "help"  anyone win a JP either."

If nobody, as you said at LP can help anyone win a jackpot, why didn't you answer my question with a simple "no"?

Of course that statement alone probably offends many LP members, but that shouldn't bother someone whose purpose and intent seems to be to offend as many members as possible.

"(1) i provide common sense levity to this board,  square in the midst of emotionally drivin "wishful thinking",  so people don't have to expend more money / time than necessary."

Oh, you've been providing levity? And I here I though it was just stupidity and for a while stopped responding to you out of pity.

"i know.    there is completly no comparison to purchasing a lottery terminal generated QP bought with $1,  than a 1QP jacked off LP's RNG."

Just take that winning combo you jacked off LP's RNG and try to cash it at a lottery terminal and you'll understand the comparison. And while you're helping people win jackpots, you might mention they need to fill out a play slip if they want to play that combo and that ticket will be entered as a PP on the lottery statistics. But I forgot, you can't comprehend the difference between a purchased QP and a purchased PP!

"i know stack can comphrehend what he reads,  so why would he turn coat all of a sudden and make that statement,  when he obviously knows that systems players have been making the claim for 42 pages "they"  can outperform  QP's with their "systems"."

and

"ok,  i MORE than concede the fact that i am NOT the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes too all things matematical lottery related,"

If you could stay focused on the topic that says 70% of the QP tickets win prizes and 30% PP tickets that includes system players win prizes you would understand Qps lose more than twice as much as PPs. Had you stayed focused during 8th grade math, you would easily understand why a 2 if 5 wheel covering all 56 wbs and using all 46 bonus numbers does exactly what its suppose to do; match 2 numbers in one combo and have the winning bonus ball.

Do you make your students check under the hood to see if there is an engine before getting in the car?

Most importantly if you could comprehend the difference between purchased QPs this topic is about, and RNGs combos that would become PP if played, you just might understand how foolish you are suggesting contests based on money you have no intentions of wagering and have no practical answer for the question asked in this topic.

Show me the post and which poster claimed their system could out perform QPs?

"you can ask "them" if i am up for driving school instructor of the year in calif,  but ones things proveably sure between us "apples",  at least i do what i say i can you obviously can't "

It obviously it would be a waste of time to ask them if you're up for grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, and reading comprehension teacher of the year.

"It obviously it would be a waste of time to ask them if you're up for grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, and reading comprehension teacher of the year.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

neither can you obviously.  lol

that makes strike 2 for you,  because not only aren't you hooked on phonics (just like meeeee),  you can't help yourself or anyone else win the pick3 even.

i cannot tell you how many times i experience integrity giants come at me on my "lack" of eloquently handling the written english language,  because that's the only arrow left in their quiver, and while doing so,  they commit spell check hari kari during their "taking me to task".

happens alot,  and it's vindication hysterical time when it does

wow.   you guys are good.

i am so marginalized now........Thumbs Up

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #22395
                  September 24, 2005
                  1583 Posts
                  Posted: August 6, 2010, 1:55 am - IP Logged

you understand eveything i say,  in spite of my grammar spillages,  so that's a lie.

Nope, I don't.  Are you smarter than a 5th grader?  No, strike that, just try to get up to 5th grade level.  And stop contradicting everything I say - I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.

if you think you can attack a guys (lack) of grammar skills,  as a means to discount what a man says.

Grammar skills are ALL you have here, big boy, there is no face-to-face.

you owe an apology to all the people in 3rd world countries that aren't linguistically "talented"  as you.

Nope, I don't.  We have many here from another country and most of them do much better than you.  They try much harder and have pride in what they post - the way it should be.

truecritic, if you are going to "bust me"  for something, 

This is a completely separate issue, like I posted, off-topic.  Don't try to spin it.  I put it in an 8pt font so you wouldn't confuse it with the main topic.  I fully went ahead and answered you regarding Jade's thread.

light on my feet
                    United States
                    Member #356
                    May 20, 2002
                    2744 Posts
                    Posted: August 6, 2010, 2:03 am - IP Logged

Good grief!  Psuedo attack?  It was just off topic, that's why it wasn't mentioned.  It is extremely hard to understand what you write sometimes.   Sentences start with an upper case letter... build from there, teacher.  It definitely lessens your message.  Big "grownup" words and long drawn out posts don't help either...Big Grin

Back to QP or SP. 

Original Post by visiondude

(1)  KY stated what he/she did on the last page about the "apples to apples"  type challenge,  so look there.

not trying to be "difficult",  but it be your responsibility to point me to any place in that thread that "proves" systems over anything, period.

you made the claim about that thread,  and i perused it,  but found no "proof". 

because you slid that thread out as proof,  it would be up to you to provide the "hyperlink",  etc.

RJ posted this link to Jade's thread originally, I didn't slide the thread out.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/161865

Here is one of your quotes, visiondude, in this thread:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/217100/1705326

"but,  tapping into jade's impressive mathematical skills,  you can tell,  if there is one person at LP that has the "statistical skeleton" to be able to build a body of believability,  as far as being able to map out the possibility of a system working, by being repeatable,  it's  jade."

So, NOW you have an entire thread devoted to the topic by Jade and you totally refuse to accept what he says.  I don't think there is anything I can say to convince you otherwise.

For the pleasure of Coin Toss and maybe this is exactly what he means by citing the purchase of a single QP ticket vs self-picked tickets.

I would agree that if you are going to buy just one ticket, it doesn't make any difference if it is a QP or a SP.

"So, NOW you have an entire thread devoted to the topic by Jade and you totally refuse to accept what he says.  I don't think there is anything I can say to convince you otherwise">

should i?

because in the 7 pages he had to "prove it works",   i didn't see anything but theory and hypothesis.

i don't know about you,  but theories and hypothesis can be good starting point possibilities,  but at some point the rational mind has to take a stand and demand proof,  once someone claims "it's true".

i didn't see any "proof" in that thread either.

like i said,  you busted it out as if to sell it to the board that the "truth"  can be found there....

......where exactly is it?

truth is,  there never was anything there either,   it's just that the "non proof" only lasted 7 pages over there.

light on my feet
                      United States
                      Member #356
                      May 20, 2002
                      2744 Posts
                      Posted: August 6, 2010, 2:16 am - IP Logged

If your grammer has gone down hill move to Tn you'll fit right in...

hey tiggs,  do the board a favor and wikipedia how many peoples (ha)  live in TN,   so that stack and truecritic can hand write a personal letter of apology to each and every citizen for inadvertantly (or maybe intentionally,  who knows)  dissing them,   after they insulted dose der peeple,   with their mightier than thou linguistic trampoline skills.

maybe they should both make a PSA for the whole state,   cameras and all.

if anything,  those two inspired me to be purposefully worse in my english language endeavors in here.

i know they can read this post,  because it was short,  just like they demanded

United Sates
                        United States
                        Member #95175
                        August 4, 2010
                        8 Posts
                        Posted: August 6, 2010, 2:20 am - IP Logged

This is what happens when people dont study what they are harping about. All this conversation, hope you guys are winning cause I'm having a ball.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: August 6, 2010, 2:29 am - IP Logged

If your grammer has gone down hill move to Tn you'll fit right in...

Last time my grammer (we called her Mamaw) went downhill, she never came back.

Everbody knows the NcNutts got er. Cain't prove it though.

We miss ya Mamaw. We gonna git them McNutts too, Mamaw, don't you fret none, hear?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #22395
                            September 24, 2005
                            1583 Posts
                            Posted: August 6, 2010, 2:38 am - IP Logged

"So, NOW you have an entire thread devoted to the topic by Jade and you totally refuse to accept what he says.  I don't think there is anything I can say to convince you otherwise">

should i?

because in the 7 pages he had to "prove it works",   i didn't see anything but theory and hypothesis.

i don't know about you,  but theories and hypothesis can be good starting point possibilities,  but at some point the rational mind has to take a stand and demand proof,  once someone claims "it's true".

i didn't see any "proof" in that thread either.

like i said,  you busted it out as if to sell it to the board that the "truth"  can be found there....

......where exactly is it?

truth is,  there never was anything there either,   it's just that the "non proof" only lasted 7 pages over there.

Well, look...originally you praised him and felt he was the one.  Others in that thread, understood and agreed with Jade.  He bought QPs and posted pictures (although since have been taken down).  He posted his SPs.  He tried to get some people that believe QPs are better to post - which was even more unsuccessful than your reverse efforts here.

Like I said, if that doesn't convince you, I sure can't.

light on my feet
                              United States
                              Member #356
                              May 20, 2002
                              2744 Posts
                              Posted: August 6, 2010, 2:40 am - IP Logged

Not following simple rules to the best of one's ability, in this case correct grammar and other writing skills, (seemingly done on purpose, even after knowing what the right thing to do is), displays many things about that person. You don't even have to be a foreigner to give yourself away. Many fluent English speaking Americans try to write the way they speak, or speak using incorrect usages of words and slang to a point where they either portrait themselves as idiots, or well meaning folk who have no idea how it can impact how others perceive them.

One can unknowingly sabotage a job interview by displaying themselves as uneducated in the most simplest form, ergo, fundamental clues employers look for in a potential candidate to fill a position, not to mention above and beyond performance in communication skills concerning customer service.

If you want people to take you seriously, you first have to show you possess simple idiot proof abilities.

"or speak using incorrect usages of words and slang to a point where they either portrait themselves as idiots, or well meaning folk who have no idea how it can impact how others perceive them.

you didn't mean "potray",   did you?        ----------->  ROFLROFLandaROFL

i told you people,  i don't make this stuff up.

these guys (while taking me to task)  do this all the time

join the line joker,  the one to be an english teacher.    there are 2 of you in line in this thread alone now.

go over your interview s=kills and get alot better at it than you are in here,  before you go,  otherwise stack might land the job by default over you

"If you want people to take you seriously, you first have to show you possess simple idiot proof abilities".

staying within the constraints of our "discussion",   i will "challenge"  your spell checking,  and raise you a reading comphrehension "chip".

because i stated,  and you most likely read it,   ........where i don't care what people think,  in that i won't tailor truth to "fit"   anyones distorted perception of it,   just so we can be BFF's at the end of the day.

nope.   vision is fully ensconced in just being himself.  take it or leave it,  but challenge it with some wacked out methodology of coming at me that isn't remotely true,  and it's "on"

i du hav toooo dfended me honr duddent ya kno

Page 45 of 78