Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Statistically Speaking - QP's and PP's

Topic closed. 1161 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 40 of 78
PrintE-mailLink
Jordans121's avatar - nw bookeep.jpg

United States
Member #69169
January 5, 2009
2122 Posts
Posted: August 2, 2010, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

First off, let me start by stating that there are different rules that apply to each game within itself. I classify myself as a professional player because I only play the games that give me a legitimate chance to win such as the P3/P4. Considering that fact, it still is not really a legitimate chance to win and make a profit consistently if you play in a state. WHY? The house odds are completely against the customers.

Think about it for a second.....Some states charge 50 cents while others charge a dollar. Lets say you play 20 numbers.....at a 50 cents cost for each. Thats 10 dollars. Your hit if boxed will likely yield a 30 dollar profit. BUT, you're not likely to stop there considering the EMOTIONS that comes with winning. Therefore, you go play say...20 more numbers, right? You will likely lose the next draw or two. Finishing up with about 10 dollars. For every ticket you buy, You are actually buying 1 extra. LET ME STATE THAT AGAIN. When you purchase one ticket you are actually purchasing two. That is if you play consistently.

The Lottery officials know this, you should too. The only way you overcome this whorish mentality is to either play online for cheaper or hit the MM/PB. Hope this enlightened someone.

and..... For the record, QP's is the easy way out. Look at the world.... People cant live without their Cell phones for a day, locked in to nonsense from the media. All of which is meant to destroy the human brain from a lack of thinking. The government does not want you to think. Better yet, even think You are not being controlled. Did you see the vision that IBM and Microsoft has for you in the near future for retail stores? refer to youtube and check for yourself. People like visondude is a perfect example, VD doesnt even know what he is talking about. Nothing. Where is the research. Everything he is saying total nonsense. "Lack of thinking".

"Many Strategies|One Game"

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
    light on my feet
    United States
    Member #356
    May 20, 2002
    2744 Posts
    Posted: August 2, 2010, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

"You's can argue till the cows come home but no matter what if you used a random number generator to select your numbers and placed those numbers on a play slip and those numbers won the lottery jackpot the lottery will report that person won buying self picks."

That fact was known to Ridge when he first asked his questions, VD ignored it, and continues to spin the responses. Can anyone honestly say they learned one thing from VD that could help them a jackpot?

" Can anyone honestly say they learned one thing from VD that could help them a jackpot"

if i helped one person move from desperation avenue,  into the penthouse suite of rational non emotional thinking about this issue,  then an emphatic  YES

my push in all of this was to demonstrate it's a waste of time to think anyone can manipulate a truly random outcome,  and switch a person on the fence about this from ..........."wishful thinking"........to........"i will only IF i am meant to"

the "i will only IF i am meant to" players can relax,  saving on money and time and unrealistic heart wrenching self induced problems derived from an outcome they cannot ever produce to begin with.

the truth is, systems players had the perfect chance to demonstrate they could,  and no one has.

all you guys ever do is claim you "can"

so yes,  i provided a service.     it's called levity

you know what's an interesting fallout of all of this that just came to me?    is that i was able to turn someones rational thinking cap back on,  and now instead of wasting their time and effort,  and not taking it so serious because they "can't"........is now "those people"  are going to free ride on the backs of you guys.

what that means,  is that they will sit and watch you guys throw all the effort into it,  and come up with nothing,   while saving their money and time

but,  "if"  someone actually proves an edge,  or that it's "crackable",   they will come back to the table on your efforts.

my service in here facillated that.

it is well worth my efforts

life is far too short to not institute efficientcy

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

United States
      Member #69169
      January 5, 2009
      2122 Posts
      Posted: August 2, 2010, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

"Lack of thinking". No one has showed VD a proven system, huh? Why would they do that? Who is VD? God? Your opinions rule my life. lol

How about getting off your you know what and finding a way to do it yourself. Oh I see you are not independent. You need someone to show you. lol. Lack of thinking. Want a hand-out?

United States
        Member #68002
        December 10, 2008
        477 Posts
        Posted: August 2, 2010, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

VISIONDUDE

my push in all of this was to demonstrate it's a waste of time to think anyone can manipulate a truly random outcome,  and switch a person on the fence about this from ..........."wishful thinking"........to........"i will only IF i am meant to"

the "i will only IF i am meant to" players can relax,  saving on money and time and unrealistic heart wrenching self induced problems derived from an outcome they cannot ever produce to begin with

(So basically your trying too get  players to use quick-picks or  other  non system methods  instead of system picks so I was right all along when  I SAID nothing will  change  anyones mind  based on your post too stop using systems  or strategies. Wishful thinking can also be  applied too your  prefered method  of quick-pick so your  not really giving anyone any useful information your just  in here bad mouthing  system play,no one  is trying too LITERALLY manipulate the  game because we don't  have ACCESS too the ping  pong balls what we are doing is using intelligence  in an  attempt too handicap the game a little more too our favor for some odd reason your  brain can't grasp this  concept.But like i said before it  don't matter  what you say or think because many system players that have won this  way will obviously see your post as a total WASTE of time)

United States
          Member #68002
          December 10, 2008
          477 Posts
          Posted: August 2, 2010, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

I personally beleive VD is just a disgruntled  player  who is venting  his  frustration  on not having won much of anything with  his PREFERED method of play and when someone does win using systems or  strategies it irritates him because as far as he is concerned that way will never  work even  though it has for me and many others,doesn't matter if a profit wasn't achieved that's not why we play  most  play for the  fun of it the thrill that's all

United States
            Member #69169
            January 5, 2009
            2122 Posts
            Posted: August 2, 2010, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

I personally beleive VD is just a disgruntled  player  who is venting  his  frustration  on not having won much of anything with  his PREFERED method of play and when someone does win using systems or  strategies it irritates him because as far as he is concerned that way will never  work even  though it has for me and many others,doesn't matter if a profit wasn't achieved that's not why we play  most  play for the  fun of it the thrill that's all

I totally understand VD. I was there once. The question is, what is he going to do about it?  give up like most.

light on my feet
              United States
              Member #356
              May 20, 2002
              2744 Posts
              Posted: August 2, 2010, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

"Lack of thinking". No one has showed VD a proven system, huh? Why would they do that? Who is VD? God? Your opinions rule my life. lol

How about getting off your you know what and finding a way to do it yourself. Oh I see you are not independent. You need someone to show you. lol. Lack of thinking. Want a hand-out?

easy.

this isn't about proving anything to me,  and i duly apologize to anyone that thought that in what i have said here.

my push was to facilitate an avenue whereby people can actually witness for themselves what really works.

for me,  i can't even play "numbers",   preferring instead to create as random of an avenue of "i am meant to"  as much as possible,  so that what happens to me doesn't have false hope written all over it.

1 QP  creates that scenario perfectly for me

like i also stated before,  within the challenge,  pick any game,  certainly one that doesn't favor me,  so "they"  couldn't use that excuse either.

i live in california.    i play mega millions only in califorduh

you can pick any game you want to,  that i have no way in profiting from.

now what?

United States
                Member #69169
                January 5, 2009
                2122 Posts
                Posted: August 2, 2010, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

easy.

this isn't about proving anything to me,  and i duly apologize to anyone that thought that in what i have said here.

my push was to facilitate an avenue whereby people can actually witness for themselves what really works.

for me,  i can't even play "numbers",   preferring instead to create as random of an avenue of "i am meant to"  as much as possible,  so that what happens to me doesn't have false hope written all over it.

1 QP  creates that scenario perfectly for me

like i also stated before,  within the challenge,  pick any game,  certainly one that doesn't favor me,  so "they"  couldn't use that excuse either.

i live in california.    i play mega millions only in califorduh

you can pick any game you want to,  that i have no way in profiting from.

now what?

my push was to facilitate an avenue whereby people can actually  witness for themselves what really works.  WTF are you talking bout?

light on my feet
                  United States
                  Member #356
                  May 20, 2002
                  2744 Posts
                  Posted: August 2, 2010, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

not true,  and not even in the ballpark.

been playing for years.    13 i think.

started off playing special numbers like birthdays,  etc.

then one day soon after i started,  it dawned on me...

the LAST THING i want out of what happens to me,  is some kind of wishful thinking / false hope that it's supposed to happen to someone else,  because i played "magical numbers", and they change the way they pursue it based on some "methodology".

QPs  are right up my alley........perfectly brainless in design.    perfectly hands off as far as ....."i made it happen".

the last thing i want people to think about me,  is that I made it happen

i want that designation to go elsewhere

so no,  if i was "frustrated"  because in 13 years i haven't won squat,  i would have switched gears years ago,  and took it upon myself to try and force the issue,  to "make it happen".

that's the beauty of my life.    if i am "meant to",  all i have to do is throw one ticket at it and walk away.

truth is,  not only do i like being a "loser"  up until now,   i am fully peacefully esconsed in the IF  "i am meant to"  in life.

that lends itself to peace,  whereas false hope leads a person down a dark dead end road

there isn't a hint of frustration in my life concerning this issue

FYI (for the 33rd time),   i have zero problem with people playing "for fun".

i do however have a problem with false hope,  and someone saying they can create an edge facilitates that.

.......or at least until they prove they actually can

light on my feet
                    United States
                    Member #356
                    May 20, 2002
                    2744 Posts
                    Posted: August 2, 2010, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

my push was to facilitate an avenue whereby people can actually  witness for themselves what really works.  WTF are you talking bout?

just someone demonstrating over time that they can create an edge over QP's.

that's why i staged the challenge,   so people can visually see for themselves.

if people actually put up numbers over time,  it would straight up prove if it is in fact "possible".

you can pick a parimutuel game of pick3 if that makes it easier.

then if you are successful,  you can block your PM feature.

light on my feet
                      United States
                      Member #356
                      May 20, 2002
                      2744 Posts
                      Posted: August 2, 2010, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

gotta go to work.

i teach teenagers how to drive,  so if one of them doesn't kill me,  i will be back later to answer your "concerns".

in the meantime,  figure out which one of you wants to prove the edge part of your equation.

and,  you guys calling me "VD"  makes me think i need to go to the free clinic to get some antibiotics.  Green laugh

(it is funny though).

and.......don't take it so personal

"VD"  has much love.   it's just that i don't love false hope

United States
                        Member #68002
                        December 10, 2008
                        477 Posts
                        Posted: August 2, 2010, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

yOU need  too go too  the mental  ward not the free clinic

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19829 Posts
                          Posted: August 2, 2010, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

If QP's players want to compare their picks with PP's, they can post them on the prediction board and they will automatically be checked and rated by hits and game with the other picks there.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10351 Posts
                            Posted: August 2, 2010, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

If QP's players want to compare their picks with PP's, they can post them on the prediction board and they will automatically be checked and rated by hits and game with the other picks there.

RJOh,

I don't think that they do want to compare picks, nor are they after any "bragging rights", and actually a QP isn't "their pick", now is it? Posting QPs would be an auotmoton type chore and definitley fall under a "BFD" (Boston Fire Dep't - AHEM!) endeavor.

I think we can say a QP player is much more likely to come under the "dollar and a dream" type of player. Casey Stengel said always go with the percentages.

As I've said before, I can see where the prediction board might be fun, but personally I see no reason at all to post numbers I'm not going to actually play.

In the long run most of the QP players are casual players and not out to prove anything.

OTOH, there are people that will never be convinced that no matter the game, the results are going to be something that doesn't pay for your numbers played. 0 or 1 hit in a Pick 5, 0, 1, or 2 in a Pick 6, etc....

As is said in Vegas, You bet your mind, you lose your mind.

And of course, for all the diatribes in this thread, since it's started it's been probven a few times in a Pick 5 that there are drawings that produce mixed QP and PP multiple winners, so for all this ranting and raving, never forget that should the night come that your numbers are drawn they could very well be someone else's QP.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19829 Posts
                              Posted: August 3, 2010, 12:15 am - IP Logged

RJOh,

I don't think that they do want to compare picks, nor are they after any "bragging rights", and actually a QP isn't "their pick", now is it? Posting QPs would be an auotmoton type chore and definitley fall under a "BFD" (Boston Fire Dep't - AHEM!) endeavor.

I think we can say a QP player is much more likely to come under the "dollar and a dream" type of player. Casey Stengel said always go with the percentages.

As I've said before, I can see where the prediction board might be fun, but personally I see no reason at all to post numbers I'm not going to actually play.

In the long run most of the QP players are casual players and not out to prove anything.

OTOH, there are people that will never be convinced that no matter the game, the results are going to be something that doesn't pay for your numbers played. 0 or 1 hit in a Pick 5, 0, 1, or 2 in a Pick 6, etc....

As is said in Vegas, You bet your mind, you lose your mind.

And of course, for all the diatribes in this thread, since it's started it's been probven a few times in a Pick 5 that there are drawings that produce mixed QP and PP multiple winners, so for all this ranting and raving, never forget that should the night come that your numbers are drawn they could very well be someone else's QP.

There may not be any QP's on the prediction board but I suspect there are some RP's(Randomly Picked Numbers)  on the board.  Some members are posting in excess of 8000 combinations a day, I doubt if they are doing a workup to come up with that many combinations daily. 

Probably members who are interested in finding out if a randomly picked number is less likely to hit than numbers picked using data from past drawings have already ran some tests.  If you really want to know stuff like that, you usually have to do the research yourself or come up with your own logic to support what you believe.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Page 40 of 78