Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Statistically Speaking - QP's and PP's

Topic closed. 1161 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 36 of 78
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19831 Posts
Posted: July 27, 2010, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

If the test was based on coverage and we tested RJ's 20 PPs over the next 10,000 drawings it would show those 20 combos having 5 wbs in every drawing because RJ used all the wbs. We already know Dude's 20 RNG picks failed to match all 5 wbs in the first test. You can't hit the jackpot without matching all 5 wbs.

Since the topic is about 70% to 80% of purchased QPs winning 70% to 80% of all the prizes, the only logical way to test PPs vs QPs would to purchase the QPs. There is no logical reason to test a wheel using all 56 wbs and all 46 bonus for coverage and because Dude's 20 combo RNG included the same bonus ball multiple times, we can conclude 46 purchased QPs would do the same.

As for testing performance if no tickets are purchased, the results are useless and I've tested purchasing 20 QPs many times and the only reason I got anything back was because I got lucky. The odds against us are terrible, but we keep trying because someone is going to get very lucky and it might be one of us.

Patrick mentioned Maddog's Challenges are the real tests and I agree, but I don't play them because if I happened to match all 5 numbers plus the bonus ball and not buy the tickets, there isn't a building tall enough in the world for me to jump off. And for that very reason, I'm not going to waste my time playing meaningless games with Visiondude or anybody else.

Patrick mentioned Maddog's Challenges are the real tests and I agree, but I don't play them because if I happened to match all 5 numbers plus the bonus ball and not buy the tickets, there isn't a building tall enough in the world for me to jump off. And for that very reason, I'm not going to waste my time playing meaningless games with Visiondude or anybody else.

You do realize that even if you did score a 5+1 in one of Maddog's challenges there's still only a 1:3168 chance that you would have played the winning combination, don't you?  It's no worse then having all the winning numbers in a 46 lines wheel and matching 2+1 for $10 or several 2+0 and a 0+1 and getting $2.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
    Harbinger
    D.C./MD.
    United States
    Member #44103
    July 30, 2006
    5583 Posts
    Posted: July 27, 2010, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

If the test was based on coverage and we tested RJ's 20 PPs over the next 10,000 drawings it would show those 20 combos having 5 wbs in every drawing because RJ used all the wbs. We already know Dude's 20 RNG picks failed to match all 5 wbs in the first test. You can't hit the jackpot without matching all 5 wbs.

Since the topic is about 70% to 80% of purchased QPs winning 70% to 80% of all the prizes, the only logical way to test PPs vs QPs would to purchase the QPs. There is no logical reason to test a wheel using all 56 wbs and all 46 bonus for coverage and because Dude's 20 combo RNG included the same bonus ball multiple times, we can conclude 46 purchased QPs would do the same.

As for testing performance if no tickets are purchased, the results are useless and I've tested purchasing 20 QPs many times and the only reason I got anything back was because I got lucky. The odds against us are terrible, but we keep trying because someone is going to get very lucky and it might be one of us.

It takes 792 lines to cover 5 of 5 using 12 numbers! Then X39 to cover all powerballs = $30,888.  That is why I like the challenge it gets you thinking on effective play on a budget. 

I think we should get on the same page,  we got people talking about MegaMillions Powerball and Little lottos, etc.

mega has 1-56 wbs 1-46 mbs

powerball has 1-59 wbs 1-39 pbs

When you speak of 46 bonus balls they are not,  they are mega balls they are not applicable to the 5 wbs it is a separate draw using a diff set of 46 mega balls 1-46.

Same for Pball 'cept it is 1-39 powerballs 1-59 white powerballs.

I always have said you want the Mega Ball, Powerball first,  then worry about the 5 wbs.   The first mountain is a warm up to the bigger mountain.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: July 27, 2010, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

It takes 792 lines to cover 5 of 5 using 12 numbers! Then X39 to cover all powerballs = $30,888.  That is why I like the challenge it gets you thinking on effective play on a budget. 

I think we should get on the same page,  we got people talking about MegaMillions Powerball and Little lottos, etc.

When you speak of 46 bonus balls they are not,  they are mega balls they are not applicable to the 5 wbs it is a separate draw using a diff set of 46 mega balls 1-46.

I always have said you want the Mega Ball, Powerball first,  then worry about the 5 wbs.   The first mountain is a warm up to the bigger mountain.

In both Maddog's challenges for MM and PB, he has parameters of 5/12+1/4 which is 3168 combinations.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10354 Posts
        Posted: July 27, 2010, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

07-14-21-36-54  + 07

1 Quick Pick for Powerball
        Generated by Lottery Post's exclusive Quick Picks Generator
        http://www.lotterypost.com/quickpicks

for all you excuse makers,  that's 46 QUICK PICKS from the LP generator.

now what OTHER excuse(s)  will you come up with ???

This might become the most played ticket here since the thread about playing the "jinxed" numbers from LOST!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
          Member #94468
          July 20, 2010
          2 Posts
          Posted: July 27, 2010, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post! I like your member name,  right off the periodic table.  Si silicon atomic #14 Bi bismuth atomic #83,  todays lucky P4 1483!  Am I close? Sunset Intl. Bible Institute?  Urdu?

Why thank you! The name has come a long way!  Originally it was 2C-B, a psychadaelic hallucinagen which i thought made a neat name several years ago.  i played around with the name and eventually came up with 2SiBi as an interesting mispelling, as not to be directly named after a drug.  This is the name that i've been using for a long time.  However, this forum didn't like me starting my name with a 2, so it has been shortened to SiBi.  It is funny that you mention the periodic table however, as i am a chemistry major in college at the moment.  I discovered this site after hearing about a lottery wheel and trying to find out what exactly one is.  I am not a lottery player myself

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
            Harbinger
            D.C./MD.
            United States
            Member #44103
            July 30, 2006
            5583 Posts
            Posted: July 27, 2010, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

In both Maddog's challenges for MM and PB, he has parameters of 5/12+1/4 which is 3168 combinations.

Yes. Thank You.

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
              light on my feet
              United States
              Member #356
              May 20, 2002
              2744 Posts
              Posted: July 27, 2010, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

"That is why I like the challenge it gets you thinking on effective play on a budget. 

I think we should get on the same page,  we got people talking about MegaMillions Powerball and Little lottos, etc".

nice.

not only am i a facilitator of lottery "truths",  as it turns out without prior aim on my part,  i am also a 'relationship facilitator'

sort of the lottery post version of E-harmony.

who is gonna name their first kid after me?

visiondude,  or "visiondudette"

please.......do NOT name your kid "quick pick".    that is far too complex to have to explain,  and/or live up to.

you would have to spend thousands of dollars in therapy having to "explain"  that your kids name had no personal thought/meaning behind it,  that it was just........."randomly generated"

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

light on my feet
                United States
                Member #356
                May 20, 2002
                2744 Posts
                Posted: July 27, 2010, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

This might become the most played ticket here since the thread about playing the "jinxed" numbers from LOST!

i sure hope someone wins the kihuna man tata with that combo.

wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit.   and i sure wouldn't throw meself off of the burj khalifa

that would just be the greatest thing,  except for all the desperados PMing me,  "thinking" i possessed some super secret mind melding future predicting cerebral weaponry.  (which i don't)

i would merely pull out the PAM coated deflection shield,  and direct them to TODD.

he's the one that designed the super collider random generator.   not me

i just clicked on the thing.

saved me hours  (whilst everyone "else"  was cerebrally trampolining for theirs)

light on my feet
                  United States
                  Member #356
                  May 20, 2002
                  2744 Posts
                  Posted: July 27, 2010, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

ok,  so what am i supposed to do,  so that i can live up to my end of the bargain,  so that no one can ever say i was a one hit wunderkin?

visiondude is a finisher in life,  amongst many "starters".

that said,  i stated i would see this far off into,   the future if that's what this requires of me.

so,  what's next?

mapquest me the di-wreckshuns to the proper LP crossroad,   and watch me show up,  armed with QP's and a high school edumacation

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: July 27, 2010, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

i sure hope someone wins the kihuna man tata with that combo.

wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit.   and i sure wouldn't throw meself off of the burj khalifa

that would just be the greatest thing,  except for all the desperados PMing me,  "thinking" i possessed some super secret mind melding future predicting cerebral weaponry.  (which i don't)

i would merely pull out the PAM coated deflection shield,  and direct them to TODD.

he's the one that designed the super collider random generator.   not me

i just clicked on the thing.

saved me hours  (whilst everyone "else"  was cerebrally trampolining for theirs)

Trampolines are extremely popular in Kentucky.

There's one just outside the front door of every trailer.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Those people just love jumping up and down.

You can see the joy in their faces as the whole family jumps up and down, up and down, all day long.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: July 27, 2010, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

Trampoline...That's what tiggs is missing in his front yard..Gots ta get one...Maybe invite the neighbors over so we can all jump up and down all day long...not that there's anything wrong with that..

sully16's avatar - sharan
                        Ringleader
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #81740
                        October 28, 2009
                        40609 Posts
                        Posted: July 27, 2010, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

Trampoline...That's what tiggs is missing in his front yard..Gots ta get one...Maybe invite the neighbors over so we can all jump up and down all day long...not that there's anything wrong with that..

and this.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

light on my feet
                          United States
                          Member #356
                          May 20, 2002
                          2744 Posts
                          Posted: July 27, 2010, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

don't i know that up close and personal observation.

i used to live in georgia,   land of the trampolines and riding lawnmowers.

didn't have neither.      never attempted both at the same time

not that there's anything wrong with that...

i kinda fancy myself as being one spring short of a full trampoline mechanism anyhooze

who wants to be perfect?   too much pressure.

that's another reason i do QP's    lol

i am tempted at times to get into the west coast version of "trampolines",  those big air filled themed jumpy jumps.

trouble is,  even though i am still a big kid from the neck up, i would get too excited, and accidently start throwing "bows".

plus,  you even look like an ice cream truck vendor,  they throw you in jail ASAP in calif.

that would be bad.  no internet in jail,  and i NEED internet access to keep the likes of stack on da hook

light on my feet
                            United States
                            Member #356
                            May 20, 2002
                            2744 Posts
                            Posted: July 27, 2010, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

how does one post a picture of themselves?

i would be willing to post a pic of myself,  so you can all witness for yourself i ain't that mean of a guy,  robotically speaking

four4me's avatar - gate1
                              MD
                              United States
                              Member #1701
                              June 18, 2003
                              8364 Posts
                              Posted: July 28, 2010, 12:05 am - IP Logged

how does one post a picture of themselves?

i would be willing to post a pic of myself,  so you can all witness for yourself i ain't that mean of a guy,  robotically speaking

Look under members in the blue menu bar and click my image manager

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

Page 36 of 78