Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 4:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Post your scratch ticket results

13605 replies. Last post 16 hours ago by Dragonsofra.

Page 634 of 908
PrintE-mailLink
Miami, Florida
United States
Member #111795
June 2, 2011
581 Posts
Posted: January 5, 2014, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

Hi, Im new to Lottery post, and was wondering what numbers on Gold Rush are good ones to play? 2 weeks ago, I played #'s 26, 27, 28 & 29- I won $230- then, I went back and played card # 24 & 25- and lost ( one week later). Are numbers in the 30's good? Thanks! Lynki

Hi lynki,

Gold Rush stops at #29, there are only 30 in a roll of Gold Rush, # 000-#029.

There are all sorts of theories on which numbers to play, you'll probably find your own favorites. It seems like at times there's a pattern, but that's usually over a brief window of time and only when you're playing a lot in your specific area--if that makes sense. But overall you will just find your own favorites, and you'll also find that the $500 winner will come from all sorts of ticket numbers. My personal favorites are #000 and #20.

SARASOTA, FL
    United States
    Member #95778
    August 17, 2010
    1093 Posts
    Posted: January 5, 2014, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

Hi lynki,

Gold Rush stops at #29, there are only 30 in a roll of Gold Rush, # 000-#029.

There are all sorts of theories on which numbers to play, you'll probably find your own favorites. It seems like at times there's a pattern, but that's usually over a brief window of time and only when you're playing a lot in your specific area--if that makes sense. But overall you will just find your own favorites, and you'll also find that the $500 winner will come from all sorts of ticket numbers. My personal favorites are #000 and #20.

You tell 'em Jim - aka OldSchoolHits - the genius scratch off historian !!

Florida
      United States
      Member #151010
      January 5, 2014
      201 Posts
      Posted: January 5, 2014, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

I know playing the low dollar ones doesn't really play off, but is there a way to know how many tickets sold and how many remaining.

For example, the HD game has 16 of the 66 $5K prizes remaining, as 20 were claimed in the last 2 weeks. The Emergency Rules say there are 66 pools of 240,000 tickets, so 1 $5K winner for every pool. Is there a way to know how many pools have been released or how many of the 18,000,000 tickets have been sold. I would think that if knew this information, the odds would increase a little. 

FL puts outs the remaining top prizes on their page, but does that really tell anything. Is there anyway to know if any actual remaining prizes are in circulation or not?

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
        Happyland
        United States
        Member #146344
        September 1, 2013
        1129 Posts
        Posted: January 5, 2014, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

I know playing the low dollar ones doesn't really play off, but is there a way to know how many tickets sold and how many remaining.

For example, the HD game has 16 of the 66 $5K prizes remaining, as 20 were claimed in the last 2 weeks. The Emergency Rules say there are 66 pools of 240,000 tickets, so 1 $5K winner for every pool. Is there a way to know how many pools have been released or how many of the 18,000,000 tickets have been sold. I would think that if knew this information, the odds would increase a little. 

FL puts outs the remaining top prizes on their page, but does that really tell anything. Is there anyway to know if any actual remaining prizes are in circulation or not?

You can approximate the number of tickets sold by multiplying the number of prizes claimed by the odds of winning those prizes. Of course, it's more accurate if you can get the number of prizes claimed for each level (file Open Records request), then summing, and multiplying by overall odds.

It isn't perfect but I have done this and compared it to internal lottery sales reports and the numbers were very, very close.

You can then apply these numbers to a hypergeometric distribution to determine the probability that the remaining prizes have already been sold. To adjust the prize value I usually figure out the probability of all the prizes being sold, since you really only need to know that at least one exists in circulation.

66 pools of 240,000 is 15,840,000 tickets not 18,000,000. Not that it matters much since the number of $5K prizes (66 total) is proportional to the total number of tickets. So based on the total tickets and sales thus far, there is about a 45.27% chance that more than 50 prizes have been sold and a 0.15% chance that more than 60 prizes have been sold.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
        If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
        P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

allowselftowin1's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg
          Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #104582
          January 17, 2011
          199 Posts
          Posted: January 6, 2014, 9:33 am - IP Logged

Cheers WTG Dr65...That is great to find two of those tickets with the vaults....So proud of Matt too..I haven't tried any of them yet..

Good going anyone else that is winning...

Good luck all..

Olney, MD
            United States
            Member #121536
            January 11, 2012
            450 Posts
            Posted: January 6, 2014, 9:36 am - IP Logged

I have been trying to play less tickets but I have been winning on most of the ones I have bought the past week or two.  I haven't had any really big prizes but I have been hitting lots of $25, $20, and $15 off the first tickets I buy which is great. 

Today I bought:

1 $2 Tech the Halls (#76)- won $20

1 $1 Tech the Halls- lost

1 $2 Rainbow Blackout Bingo (#145)- lost

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #74096
              May 2, 2009
              22980 Posts
              Posted: January 6, 2014, 11:03 am - IP Logged

I have been trying to play less tickets but I have been winning on most of the ones I have bought the past week or two.  I haven't had any really big prizes but I have been hitting lots of $25, $20, and $15 off the first tickets I buy which is great. 

Today I bought:

1 $2 Tech the Halls (#76)- won $20

1 $1 Tech the Halls- lost

1 $2 Rainbow Blackout Bingo (#145)- lost

WTG MDguy!! It's nice to win 10x the value on any ticket....keep up the good winnings! Good luck with future plays too!

Hey!...??..you have a $2 BINGO game?? Our 'game' tickets are $3 in PA...is that a long card or a short one?

Totally, totally agree on the one ticket method, nice wins there too. Good to see it working for more people too.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

Olney, MD
                United States
                Member #121536
                January 11, 2012
                450 Posts
                Posted: January 6, 2014, 11:57 am - IP Logged

WTG MDguy!! It's nice to win 10x the value on any ticket....keep up the good winnings! Good luck with future plays too!

Hey!...??..you have a $2 BINGO game?? Our 'game' tickets are $3 in PA...is that a long card or a short one?

Totally, totally agree on the one ticket method, nice wins there too. Good to see it working for more people too.

We have a lot of Bingo tickets in Maryland.  There are $2, $3, $5, and $10 Bingo tickets.  They are each a little bit different.  They seem very popular here (along with the Crossword ones) but it is sometimes difficult to tell if it is a winning ticket.

SE PA
                  United States
                  Member #93582
                  July 3, 2010
                  1866 Posts
                  Posted: January 6, 2014, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

Tried Max-a-Million from a few different places, and nothing like my big win but was at least winning like odds.

#010 from Wawa - $0

#021 from a Phoenixville Pharmacy - $20

Last three tickets in the roll from the Phoenixville Acme - $0, $0, $30 on the last one

Endless Mountains Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #149903
                    December 11, 2013
                    202 Posts
                    Posted: January 6, 2014, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

Tried my first max a million today ticket 006 $30.00

Owner of store told me #3,4,5 were also winners in the $20 to $30 range so that was 3 winners in a row. I took my $20 back and bought 2 lucky hearts $5 games, lost on one hit for $10 # 22.

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.” 

~ Albert Einstein ~

237 ~ 303 ~ 542 ~ 570 ~ 0423 ~ 2371 ~ 3016 ~ 1730

Olney, MD
                      United States
                      Member #121536
                      January 11, 2012
                      450 Posts
                      Posted: January 6, 2014, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

I bought a few more tickets after work.

4 $10 Tech the Halls- (7-4)- #4 won $15

4 $3 Tech the Halls- (87-84) #84 won $5

1 $20 Hit the Jackpot (#4)- won $100 on bonus spot

1 $2 Rainbow Blackout Bingo (#83)- lost

After I cashed those I got 1 $3 Fruit Twist Crossword, 1 $3 Twisted Treasures, 1 $5 Great Big Bingo, and $10 on Multi-Match for tonight. 

$5 Great Big Bingo- lost

$3 Fruit Twist Crossword- (#34)- won $5

$3 Twisted Treasures- lost

Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #74096
                        May 2, 2009
                        22980 Posts
                        Posted: January 7, 2014, 6:06 am - IP Logged

We have a lot of Bingo tickets in Maryland.  There are $2, $3, $5, and $10 Bingo tickets.  They are each a little bit different.  They seem very popular here (along with the Crossword ones) but it is sometimes difficult to tell if it is a winning ticket.

That I will agree with - it IS difficult to tell when you have a winner. I sometimes think they set it up like that to have

people toss them.

Like our Be My Cupcake $2 tickets have a bonus area which I KNOW is going to be missed by a lot of folks. Shameful.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #74096
                          May 2, 2009
                          22980 Posts
                          Posted: January 7, 2014, 6:07 am - IP Logged

I bought a few more tickets after work.

4 $10 Tech the Halls- (7-4)- #4 won $15

4 $3 Tech the Halls- (87-84) #84 won $5

1 $20 Hit the Jackpot (#4)- won $100 on bonus spot

1 $2 Rainbow Blackout Bingo (#83)- lost

After I cashed those I got 1 $3 Fruit Twist Crossword, 1 $3 Twisted Treasures, 1 $5 Great Big Bingo, and $10 on Multi-Match for tonight. 

$5 Great Big Bingo- lost

$3 Fruit Twist Crossword- (#34)- won $5

$3 Twisted Treasures- lost

Good day! WTG!!

United States
                            Member #148446
                            November 1, 2013
                            103 Posts
                            Posted: January 7, 2014, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

Since my daily $100 streak ended a few days ago, I had been loosing $100/day for about 3-4 days in a row. Two days ago I broke the streak with a $100 winner on Gold Rush with two matches of $50. After another loosing day yesterday, I decided to get my second roll ever since if you loose $100/day for two days in a row, why not at least loose the same money on a roll vs. trying to get lucky. My theory paid off with my first ever nugget. Prior to scratching any tickets on the roll, I just knew I was going to get a nugget...my wife knew it was going to be on ticket 006. Sure enough...how do you explain these feelings that say pull over now get a ticket and you will win. 9/10 times, I get these feelings and they pay off. My wife and I have won 4 $500 prizes on Gold Rush so far but this is our first time winning a nugget. 20 of the tickets lost (and 10 won). There was one $50, one $40, two $30s, and five $20s for a total of $750 in winnings on the $600 roll. It was fun but not as fun as getting lucky just getting one ticket here and there. To only profit $750 on a winning roll made us skeptical about buying any more GRT rolls in the future. There were no back to back winning tickets and winners were disbursed every 4-5 tickets to drain the chasers. It debunked any theory about "lucky numbers" as well. Bottom line is every number wins, there is no strategy, you just have to be in the right place at the right time. Good luck guys. I havent heard much from the FL crew lately.

@ skeptic--I enjoy hearing about the crazy UPS guy and BIG JIM. Hope you run into him soon so we can have some laughs. It truly seems since Christmas like they pumped out a lot of loosing rolls. BTW three new games came out today--a $5 Flamingo with a second chance promo to the stinky Flamingo hotel in Vegas, a $3 Crossword game (crossword lotto games & bingo make you blind and are not fun---way too much work to loose or win), and a $1 game. Im guessing Gold Rush might end around the end of 2014. Looking forward to the next $20 game...hope its as good as Gold Rush was.

Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #74096
                              May 2, 2009
                              22980 Posts
                              Posted: January 7, 2014, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

Tried my first max a million today ticket 006 $30.00

Owner of store told me #3,4,5 were also winners in the $20 to $30 range so that was 3 winners in a row. I took my $20 back and bought 2 lucky hearts $5 games, lost on one hit for $10 # 22.

I like ticket with #6...WTG on your hit!

The Lucky tickets throw out double the prize hearts but only have been giving $10 for $20 total on the hearts.

The Christmas gift ticket I had was the first I found with 10 presents lol, I like symbols but like MULTI symbols

even more. I found a ticket once with all bursts on the Spectacular, that was pretty stinkin' awesome.

Good luck on your next try!

Page 634 of 908