Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Post your scratch ticket results

13603 replies. Last post 1 day ago by reddog.

Page 772 of 907
PrintE-mailLink
PA
United States
Member #129849
June 29, 2012
308 Posts
Posted: December 31, 2014, 9:10 am - IP Logged

@ MattFromPA

PA lottery is tough, I think I've just been extremely lucky these past two or three months by pulling in these

$500 winning tickets. Odds on finding one are pretty bad, maybe it's just luck or maybe it's just making up for

the dozens of those $20 tickets I bought in years past without a single winning ticket? I dunno, but please don't

take my "streak" as the norm. I hope you do have a few nice winners come your way.

As far as only playing $20 tickets, I wouldn't go that route. $20 tickets can be very unforgiving, but the bigger winners

are there. My current strategy for playing $20 tickets is to never buy less than 2 at a time and to never buy more than 5.

If I buy three or five, I usually select a $20 ticket that I don't normally play as  the odd ticket.

$100 worth of instants is a lot for me to spend in one shot, not necessarily from a financial standpoint of not having the 

money to spend but from a standpoint of considering that a lot of money to gamble with at one time. 5 is usually my limit

and the only times I've ever gone over that is when I got stupid and started to chase after a big string of $20 losers. I think

the worst streak I had been on was something like 11 or 12 losers in a row before finding a $500 ticket on golden ticket, all from the same

roll in a matter of about ten min. Your best bet is to buy what your going to buy, take them home and let the chips fall where they may.

Standing in the store scratching with more cash in your pocket can be a bad thing. Also, usually if I hit decent on a roll of tickets I won't play

that roll anymore.

I don't recall really ever winning anything significant on a $1, $2, or $3 ticket. I really don't play them all that often, but I rarely ever

win more than a free ticket or a few dollars on them. In the past two months, I know of a guy in town who hit 1K twice on the $3 christmas ticket.

I mainly play $5, $10, and $20 tickets. I buy $5's in groups of 4 and usually go with groups of 2 in the 10's and 20's. I also go on to PA Lottery and

look at the prizes remaining for each game. Unless it's a game that I really like to play for one reason or another, I go with the tickets that have the

most amount of top prizes left. Right now, for me, the new $20 is the only one worth playing as it has all of its top prizes still out there and about

double the amount of $250 and $500 winners which is a much more likely prize to win. Honorable mention would go to Peppermint Payout because

I can imagine that thousands of books of tickets were sold over the Christmas holiday. Gives you slightly better odd's I would think at a top prize.

Everyone plays differently though, this is just the way I think and play. 

@Omiller

Ouch man, I've been there though and was nearly there yesterday. If I had stuck to my original plan of only trying two of the new $20's

I'd have walked out with zip and the next guy to grab tickets would have got at least the $500 winner. The scenario I keep playing out

in my head is where I play tickets from a pack that someone else wins a big prize from. It's strange, like the next time I play the $30 ticket

someone else will win 300K or 3 Million from that roll. Would just make me sick! 

Nice wins on those tickets btw, esp the $30 ticket. I usually never win on that, I almost never buy them anymore.

SE PA
    United States
    Member #93582
    July 3, 2010
    1866 Posts
    Posted: December 31, 2014, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

@ MattFromPA

PA lottery is tough, I think I've just been extremely lucky these past two or three months by pulling in these

$500 winning tickets. Odds on finding one are pretty bad, maybe it's just luck or maybe it's just making up for

the dozens of those $20 tickets I bought in years past without a single winning ticket? I dunno, but please don't

take my "streak" as the norm. I hope you do have a few nice winners come your way.

As far as only playing $20 tickets, I wouldn't go that route. $20 tickets can be very unforgiving, but the bigger winners

are there. My current strategy for playing $20 tickets is to never buy less than 2 at a time and to never buy more than 5.

If I buy three or five, I usually select a $20 ticket that I don't normally play as  the odd ticket.

$100 worth of instants is a lot for me to spend in one shot, not necessarily from a financial standpoint of not having the 

money to spend but from a standpoint of considering that a lot of money to gamble with at one time. 5 is usually my limit

and the only times I've ever gone over that is when I got stupid and started to chase after a big string of $20 losers. I think

the worst streak I had been on was something like 11 or 12 losers in a row before finding a $500 ticket on golden ticket, all from the same

roll in a matter of about ten min. Your best bet is to buy what your going to buy, take them home and let the chips fall where they may.

Standing in the store scratching with more cash in your pocket can be a bad thing. Also, usually if I hit decent on a roll of tickets I won't play

that roll anymore.

I don't recall really ever winning anything significant on a $1, $2, or $3 ticket. I really don't play them all that often, but I rarely ever

win more than a free ticket or a few dollars on them. In the past two months, I know of a guy in town who hit 1K twice on the $3 christmas ticket.

I mainly play $5, $10, and $20 tickets. I buy $5's in groups of 4 and usually go with groups of 2 in the 10's and 20's. I also go on to PA Lottery and

look at the prizes remaining for each game. Unless it's a game that I really like to play for one reason or another, I go with the tickets that have the

most amount of top prizes left. Right now, for me, the new $20 is the only one worth playing as it has all of its top prizes still out there and about

double the amount of $250 and $500 winners which is a much more likely prize to win. Honorable mention would go to Peppermint Payout because

I can imagine that thousands of books of tickets were sold over the Christmas holiday. Gives you slightly better odd's I would think at a top prize.

Everyone plays differently though, this is just the way I think and play. 

@Omiller

Ouch man, I've been there though and was nearly there yesterday. If I had stuck to my original plan of only trying two of the new $20's

I'd have walked out with zip and the next guy to grab tickets would have got at least the $500 winner. The scenario I keep playing out

in my head is where I play tickets from a pack that someone else wins a big prize from. It's strange, like the next time I play the $30 ticket

someone else will win 300K or 3 Million from that roll. Would just make me sick! 

Nice wins on those tickets btw, esp the $30 ticket. I usually never win on that, I almost never buy them anymore.

I think that's a good strategy. My area is likely particularly bad and you've had a lucky streak, so things are in the middle somewhere. Here though the tickets clearly have gotten worse over time. More losers, harder to win $100, not as many hot parts of a roll. Hope everyone gets some good ones in the New Year!

PA
      United States
      Member #129849
      June 29, 2012
      308 Posts
      Posted: December 31, 2014, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

Got stupid today, feeling like I couldn't lose and took a beating and a half.

I got a check for the $500, and while I was there at the beer store I was browsing over the tickets. Only things that caught my interest were

that a fresh pack of peppermint payout (20 dollar christmas ticket) was just put in and still on 000 and that the $20 Golden Ticket roll that 

I hit $100 on 001 was on 006 now.... so they sold one more ticket since yesterday (and four total since I bought the $100 winner).

I get 000 from the roll with the only money I have on me, scratch it and it's a dud. I go to the bank, cash the $500 check, deposit $300 into

my checking account and take $200 back with me to the beer store. I decide to keep going at the new pack of peppermint payout.

This is how it played out.

000 - Loser

001 - Loser

002 - Loser

003 - Loser

004 - Loser ( I didn't buy this one, another player did)

005 - $50 winner

006 - $20 winner

007- Loser

008 - $25 winner

009 - $30 winner

010 - $20 winner

011 - Loser

012 - Loser

013 - Loser

014 - Loser

015 - $25 winner

016 - Loser

017 - Loser

018 - Loser

Golden Ticket 

007 - Loser (from the roll that I hit $100 on ticket 001)

$5 Love to win

058 - Loser

059 - Loser

Summary: I played 19 $20 lottery tickets and 2 $5 lottery tickets today. $390 in and $170 out. A net loss of $220 for the day.

What a beat down, if only I'd follow my own advice! Could have saved myself quite a bit of cash if I had stopped after the first five tickets.

I'd have only lost $50 if I did that, but I guess that's why they call it gambling. You can't lose if you don't play, but you won't win either.

Still up about $200 total from the $500 win yesterday

Houston, TX
        United States
        Member #145644
        August 10, 2013
        121 Posts
        Posted: December 31, 2014, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

I don't like holiday tickets but still buy few from time to time. This one was one and done! This is a Christmas book...........6 tickets in a book for 20$, all one game though.

Olney, MD
          United States
          Member #121536
          January 11, 2012
          450 Posts
          Posted: December 31, 2014, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

Wow that is a really cool winning ticket playernumbertwo!  Thank you for sharing!  Happy new year everyone!

Pittsburgh
            United States
            Member #130933
            July 28, 2012
            249 Posts
            Posted: December 31, 2014, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

Hopefully my luck is changing.

bought a $3 Daily Crossword last night got 9 words!!!!!

$1000 winner!!!!! Nearly passed out lol

Mass
              United States
              Member #68073
              December 12, 2008
              217 Posts
              Posted: December 31, 2014, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Sweet, congrats! What would a tenth word have paid? Pic?

Pittsburgh
                United States
                Member #130933
                July 28, 2012
                249 Posts
                Posted: December 31, 2014, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

$50,000. No way to post pic. If u want to pm me I can email u.

SE PA
                  United States
                  Member #93582
                  July 3, 2010
                  1866 Posts
                  Posted: December 31, 2014, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

Congrats Lee! I don't buy many $3 tickets as I do not do well on them. But this shows some gems can be found in the smaller tickets. I haven't played again and only have enough for a couple $20s later. I am so disgusted with what I see in my area that I am not very motivated to play.

Olney, MD
                    United States
                    Member #121536
                    January 11, 2012
                    450 Posts
                    Posted: January 1, 2015, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

I tried a few more of the $10 Crossword tickets at the same store and no more tickets were sold since I last played.  I played #12, 11, 10, and #9 and #9 won $10.  That was kind of insane so I had played previously through #24-13 with only 1 $20 winner and then #12, 11, 10, and #9 with 1 $10 win.  So out of 16 tickets played there were 2 winners.

SE PA
                      United States
                      Member #93582
                      July 3, 2010
                      1866 Posts
                      Posted: January 1, 2015, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Trying a new place tomorrow - it's still in the area but have to do something. Got a new $2 and new $5 that lost - not much but they added to the misery. My area is obviously a perpetual dead zone like allowselftowin's, and that is not fair.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                        Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #74096
                        May 2, 2009
                        22874 Posts
                        Posted: January 2, 2015, 9:11 am - IP Logged

As always, the new ones are hot and finding they are sold out at places. A LOT of places. I went to one

store, nothing....another store, gone....another store....gone again WTH? They're scooping them up like

crazy it seems. I got lucky and found one in an IVM at Giant and it was the last one. I was hopeful.

I scratched it and found a moneyroll...that's win underneath automatically..$250.00 I got! Big Smile #029.

I'll play both numbers in pick 3, really, really like 029.

GL all players and WTGGGGG all winners!!

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

United States
                          Member #124304
                          March 11, 2012
                          62 Posts
                          Posted: January 2, 2015, 11:59 am - IP Logged

Hi Playernumbertwo,

That is a great looking ticket! Congratulations to you!! I have not had any luck on that ticket or any other holiday tickets. I'm still playing, but not as much as before. I wish you more good luck in the New Year! Lets get a big one!!!

Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #109275
                            April 9, 2011
                            1495 Posts
                            Posted: January 2, 2015, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

I was feeling good about my recent wins. Chased yesterday and lost my winnings and then some. Felt good today. Got 2-$30 tickets and the last 2 Peppermint on 1 roll and the last one on another. Grabbed a $5 ticket also. $145 in and they were all duds.. Amazing how the lottery can def kill your confidence.lol

SE PA
                              United States
                              Member #93582
                              July 3, 2010
                              1866 Posts
                              Posted: January 2, 2015, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

I was feeling good about my recent wins. Chased yesterday and lost my winnings and then some. Felt good today. Got 2-$30 tickets and the last 2 Peppermint on 1 roll and the last one on another. Grabbed a $5 ticket also. $145 in and they were all duds.. Amazing how the lottery can def kill your confidence.lol

Amazingly I feel happy that I even got a win, lol.

Bought the last 3 Love To Wins at Giant and surprise! All losers. What have they done to these tickets? Even if someone won before they could have a nice one in the last 3 of a new roll.

Bought one more Love To Win at Wawa and won $10. Felt good even though small.

I'll check in only if I get a good one with my sporadic spending. Otherwise it's the same old bad tickets here.

Page 772 of 907