Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is a lottery system? What distinguishes a lottery system from guesses, dreams and quick picks?

Topic closed. 918 replies. Last post 6 years ago by mayhem.

Page 34 of 62
PrintE-mailLink
ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
Denver, Co
United States
Member #103046
December 29, 2010
546 Posts
Posted: April 11, 2011, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

But your not playing on the same field, with equal intent and the same rules. I could take a hardline approach as well and strike down anything. It's fun for a while because you see the dorks start to squirm but in the end it just wastes time that you could be using to improve a system. Some people need to get laid more often...

LOL, I guess if I don't get laid for a while and don't have a life anymore, maybe I'll resolve my issues by going into the mystical forum and disrupt all the dream threads because I don't think dreams produce numbers. Banana

Which gives me an idea, Jimmy4164 and VD (visiondude), why not go bother the dream believers for a while?

Denver, Co
    United States
    Member #103046
    December 29, 2010
    546 Posts
    Posted: April 11, 2011, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

"I mean, if you don't believe, that's fine I have no problem with it.  Go start an anti-system play thread so all you non-believers you all can harp on us system believers.  But I love system play and would like to have an uninterrupted conversation with fellow believers about it."

Probably the most lucid statement on this entire thread, the most rational, the most concise in summarizing the problem with every thread on the math forum.  And the most devoid of an answer anyone could describe as sane.

Why would any rational person feel the need to disrupt attempts by people of like minds to discuss what interests them.  The people of like minds will find plenty to disagree about within the subject of discussion.

As I just said, maybe we can get them to go bother someone else in some other forums for a while. I guess that's just wishful thinking? Unhappy

mayhem's avatar - 142g5yd
      Fort Worth, TX
      United States
      Member #106060
      February 11, 2011
      188 Posts
      Posted: April 11, 2011, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

As I just said, maybe we can get them to go bother someone else in some other forums for a while. I guess that's just wishful thinking? Unhappy

We know that wishful thinking does not work. However, you could develop a strategy, once you observe your opponents patterns, to get them to do what you want. If your smart enough, manipulating people is far easier than the lottery.... Five minutes of MSNBC or Fox News would show you that. 

How you do anything is how you do everything.

Denver, Co
        United States
        Member #103046
        December 29, 2010
        546 Posts
        Posted: April 11, 2011, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

We know that wishful thinking does not work. However, you could develop a strategy, once you observe your opponents patterns, to get them to do what you want. If your smart enough, manipulating people is far easier than the lottery.... Five minutes of MSNBC or Fox News would show you that. 

Yeah, I hear ya. However, manipulating people doesn't pay (unless I can get a job at Fox or MSNBC).

So here I am in a thread which is intended to discuss the difference between systems and guesses/dreams/qp's. Speaking of systems, what do you think of the software (EL5) you recently downloaded? I had a couple of good nights with it. How are you doing with your own system?

United States
          Member #93947
          July 10, 2010
          2180 Posts
          Posted: April 11, 2011, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

"I mean, if you don't believe, that's fine I have no problem with it.  Go start an anti-system play thread so all you non-believers you all can harp on us system believers.  But I love system play and would like to have an uninterrupted conversation with fellow believers about it."

Probably the most lucid statement on this entire thread, the most rational, the most concise in summarizing the problem with every thread on the math forum.  And the most devoid of an answer anyone could describe as sane.

Why would any rational person feel the need to disrupt attempts by people of like minds to discuss what interests them.  The people of like minds will find plenty to disagree about within the subject of discussion.

"Why would any rational person feel the need to disrupt attempts by people of like minds to discuss what interests them."

Very good question, Joey.  Perhaps it can be answered by noting your comments here, the 2nd and 3rd comments made after this thread was initiated.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/229947

Fort Worth, TX
            United States
            Member #106060
            February 11, 2011
            188 Posts
            Posted: April 11, 2011, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I hear ya. However, manipulating people doesn't pay (unless I can get a job at Fox or MSNBC).

So here I am in a thread which is intended to discuss the difference between systems and guesses/dreams/qp's. Speaking of systems, what do you think of the software (EL5) you recently downloaded? I had a couple of good nights with it. How are you doing with your own system?

FANTASTIC. I love it. I no longer think it's expensive either. Worth every penny. I am not exaggerating. 

The custom analyzer is priceless! I do wish it had automatic daily updates of the drawings like other programs have...but oh well. It's good enough. There are rock solid patterns dating back to 1998 that the program helped me see.

Denver, Co
              United States
              Member #103046
              December 29, 2010
              546 Posts
              Posted: April 11, 2011, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

FANTASTIC. I love it. I no longer think it's expensive either. Worth every penny. I am not exaggerating. 

The custom analyzer is priceless! I do wish it had automatic daily updates of the drawings like other programs have...but oh well. It's good enough. There are rock solid patterns dating back to 1998 that the program helped me see.

Yeah, it's got the most analyzers I've ever known existed, many I don't even know what to do with. I just wish I was better at putting all that info to good use to the point where I could come up with a winning package. I gave up all those analyzers and started using their 'winning number history sums'. It is less exhausting, takes less time, and I've had far better luck with it.

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7310 Posts
                Posted: April 11, 2011, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

Stack

I been trying to catch up with this post.   Here's what I don't understand,  If QP's are better then SP's

then where's the math to prove it.  We self pickers are asked to prove our picks are better by people

who offer no proof to support their claim. Hmmmm.  Maybe we should be asking what makes a QP so

darn good and what is the math behind it.  Maybe we can get them to post there QP before the drawing

and we will see how well they do.   I would tell them to keep the dollar in there pocket and I would futher

say that if they do this every day then in just one year they will be at least $350.00 ahead based on a

one dollar bet each day.  Most of the QP players would never do this because that one ticket could be a

winner regardless of the odds being very much against it.  I would also say that at least 95% of QP players

could benifit from this and be better off if at the end of the year had they taken my advice.  I would also

say that a few would come out ahead but that it is nothing but chance and has nothing to do with it being

a QP.   I can say all this by just looking at the odds for the game and feel very secure that no one will prove

me wrong.  Even if 20% of the sales go back to the people as lower prizes what is the odds that any one

person will get back over 100% of their total investment.  They might tell you that they play for entertainment

only and I don't have a problem with that.  As jimmy would say, how else can a person go from "no chance"

to "almost no chance" of getting rich for a few bucks.  Makes sense to me.

RL

RL,

We only have two pro QP players on this thread; one can't believe you or anyone else can show a profit using a system without hitting a jackpot and all the other can add is "prove it" and it's usually about something nobody claimed.

"Even if 20% of the sales go back to the people as lower prizes what is the odds that any one person will get back over 100% of their total investment."

I don't know what the exact secondary prize payoff was when 143 million tickets were sold on one MM drawing when the advertised jackpot was $312 million, but 20% would still be several million. For the fiscal year ending on June 30, 2010 the PA Daily Number game had sales of $387,751,383 and if we give the PA lottery a very generous 60 cents on the dollar edge, $155,100,553 was still paid out to the winners. But Jimmy keeps telling us systems can't work so I guess it's impossible that an incredibly low 5% system players collected $7.8 million in winnings.

Does anybody even know any pick-3 QP only players?

Fort Worth, TX
                  United States
                  Member #106060
                  February 11, 2011
                  188 Posts
                  Posted: April 11, 2011, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, it's got the most analyzers I've ever known existed, many I don't even know what to do with. I just wish I was better at putting all that info to good use to the point where I could come up with a winning package. I gave up all those analyzers and started using their 'winning number history sums'. It is less exhausting, takes less time, and I've had far better luck with it.

Cool. 

I'll have to check out winning number history sums. One thing I wish I could do though is calculate or highlight the number of times a given statistic was at a certain interval. From 1 all the way to the current maximum. That would be awesome.

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7310 Posts
                    Posted: April 11, 2011, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

Stack:  That's a good summation of what you believe to be true.  A lot of members here who've been at it as long as you have, who are at least equally educated, have at least equal experience and are at least as intelligent as you are believe otherwise.  I'm pointing this out because your post went well beyond the bounds of your own personal viewpoint and was more emphatic about what others believe and might have said in the past than you are in a position to know.  There's a concrete body of evidence on this and every other forum on LP that many members as qualified to have opinions as you are to have yours do believe lottery results can be predicted by one method or another, or might be, and that draw histories offer one of the possibilities for achieving it.

Whatever else he might be or believe the guy you are responding to, isn't misrepresenting himself as spokesman for a composite of viewpoints of the members here.  He's just being didactic based on what he believes is his own common sense.  Seems a point in his favor in that regard.

"I'm pointing this out because your post went well beyond the bounds of your own personal viewpoint and was more emphatic about what others believe and might have said in the past than you are in a position to know."

I don't recall saying what others may or may not believe in my response to Guru.

"Whatever else he might be or believe the guy you are responding to, isn't misrepresenting himself as spokesman for a composite of viewpoints of the members here."

Guru was explaining to VD that some systems like their's "use elimination" and "are not designed to predict what's coming". You must have missed where I told Guru "The Challenge players aren't predicting the results of the next draw either"; I was agreeing with Guru. 

I use the quote feature is to show the entire post I'm responding to and sometimes will quote statements within the post that I'm directly responding to like I just did in this post. If Guru or RL thought I went over the line by misrepresenting what they said, they haven't mentioned it to me.

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7310 Posts
                      Posted: April 11, 2011, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

i will look over your "proposition" with an integrity fine tooth comb later tonight and get back to you.

knowing you aren't exactly an integrity giant when it comes to this stuff,  often attempting underhanded stuff.

even a cursory look indicates your attempting my "exit" on covering one bonus ball.   (laughing)

pretty funny,  and a sad display of desperation. 

nope,  your not that smart or "lucky".

remember,  my desicion making is based in patience,  and not ego.

and unfortunately for you i do contribute to lottery mentality and playing methods,  by reminding fence sitters not to waste their time and money,  to play responsibly,  instead of out of wishful thinking emotionalism.

between the two of us.....your the one that encourages chasing wishful thinking.

"even a cursory look indicates your attempting my "exit" on covering one bonus ball.   (laughing)"

I said the 46 combo wheel will match at least 2 of the next draw WB's numbers on at least one of 46 lines AND one of the lines will match the bonus number. I'll add the same wheel using the same combinations will do the same on any past MM drawing since the last matrix change.

Just to sweeten the pot.

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                        light on my feet
                        United States
                        Member #356
                        May 20, 2002
                        2744 Posts
                        Posted: April 12, 2011, 12:52 am - IP Logged

LOL, I guess if I don't get laid for a while and don't have a life anymore, maybe I'll resolve my issues by going into the mystical forum and disrupt all the dream threads because I don't think dreams produce numbers. Banana

Which gives me an idea, Jimmy4164 and VD (visiondude), why not go bother the dream believers for a while?

why?    tain't my game.   trollingforsport isn't my middle name,  so no thank you.

if i was,  dontcha know i could spend every waking hour i have,  in most every forum,  because sooner rather than later wishful thinking rules the day. 

i only spread my common sense when i know the situation calls for a balanced view,  besides just the majority running amok at that moment, then i add my .03

i extract claims you guys state,  and slice it open for a common sense view

then,  when someone directs something at me personally (such as you did),  i answer justly 

i was trampolining merrily along with my 'common sense' when you must have not liked what i stated,  then you directed an opposing counterpoint.

seems fair to me,  so why are you crying when i return counter intelligence?

it's the "whaaaaa" factor when you guys don't like what you hear,  then you go into silence your critic mode.

seems kinda of incongruent with a person in a position of strength that they can expound at will,  about anything and everything they want,  for as long as they want,  but once the flashlight goes on,  it's "lights out"

it's another feather in the "you guys" cap that you guys can talk about it as if it's a fact,  but once someone says something,  y'all cry about it,  as if there has been a fairness breach.

tells alot about "positional strength"

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

light on my feet
                          United States
                          Member #356
                          May 20, 2002
                          2744 Posts
                          Posted: April 12, 2011, 1:09 am - IP Logged

RL,

We only have two pro QP players on this thread; one can't believe you or anyone else can show a profit using a system without hitting a jackpot and all the other can add is "prove it" and it's usually about something nobody claimed.

"Even if 20% of the sales go back to the people as lower prizes what is the odds that any one person will get back over 100% of their total investment."

I don't know what the exact secondary prize payoff was when 143 million tickets were sold on one MM drawing when the advertised jackpot was $312 million, but 20% would still be several million. For the fiscal year ending on June 30, 2010 the PA Daily Number game had sales of $387,751,383 and if we give the PA lottery a very generous 60 cents on the dollar edge, $155,100,553 was still paid out to the winners. But Jimmy keeps telling us systems can't work so I guess it's impossible that an incredibly low 5% system players collected $7.8 million in winnings.

Does anybody even know any pick-3 QP only players?

"We only have two pro QP players on this thread; one can't believe you or anyone else can show a profit using a system without hitting a jackpot and all the other can add is "prove it" and it's usually about something nobody claimed".

he can't.

and neither can you.

neither can anyone else.

not over the long haul,  can anyone demonstrate they can gain an edge by using systems over ANY methodology of play.

i never said QP's were the bomb diggity......just that they are equal to system play,  as far as a money extraction device.

i have consistently stated (and made it the absolute easiest on you guys TO prove it),  by  watching you or anyone else  extract a profit out of pick 3 that demonstrates it was skill, and not luck.

i stated many times over,  i could care less about hitting a JP.

no one can wrangle the pick 3,   so why would i "hound you"  over not reeling in a JP?   lol

just show you can even "lose less" than QP's,  and the discussion is over ......you guys would win,   because THAT proves the lottery CAN be manipulated personally,  over a random generator,  or any other "methodology"

you guys keep saying "we can".....but no one demonstrates it.

just "losing less"

i made it the easiest possible scenario per your own claims,  short of being on the inside,  and "fixing" the drawings

light on my feet
                            United States
                            Member #356
                            May 20, 2002
                            2744 Posts
                            Posted: April 12, 2011, 1:28 am - IP Logged

"even a cursory look indicates your attempting my "exit" on covering one bonus ball.   (laughing)"

I said the 46 combo wheel will match at least 2 of the next draw WB's numbers on at least one of 46 lines AND one of the lines will match the bonus number. I'll add the same wheel using the same combinations will do the same on any past MM drawing since the last matrix change.

Just to sweeten the pot.

in your wishful thinking world,  in which you obviously purchased beachfront property at firesale prices,  you somehow convinced yourself my knife was dull enough to accept a dance that included a lucky occurance?

stoop to that new low you must,  but even though my residence here isn't what i hang my existence on,  still i have a reputation to defend,  and defend it i will.

there is no way you are coaxing me into an integrity spillage on your part,  whereby you pull a lucky draw and my presence is caput.

you will have to earn it.

like real men do.....fair and square.

and equitable duel for both sides.

there is a good reason you will never put up "the wheel" against QP's over the longterm,  because you know they both have an equal chance.

you thought you could underhand me into the integrity gutter,  but not so fast,  because the contention all along has been ...

(1)  profit over QP's

(2) what "outperforms" over the LONGTERM

i would appeal to you being a man about this,  but i know that's a chihuahua barking up the wrong tree.

i would be more than willling to put my "exit" on the line for a fair mano a mano.

anytime,  to anyone........because we all know by now you won't

profit over time,  that's the ONLY measuring stick in the what's what race

not some schicken get luck once "gotcha" scam.

by the time you schiken out (again),  you will have exceeded the numerical odds/equivalent of getting one number right in the pick 3

Singapore
                              Member #106441
                              February 19, 2011
                              2 Posts
                              Posted: April 12, 2011, 2:46 am - IP Logged

When playing QP you do not need to know of the elements & components of the data,

each line generated on the ticket comes from different methods.

When you are playing on a System, depending on how you set up, 10 line generated can come from only 1 method.

That is why QP has most winners because, when comparing to a System player with a few methods.

QPickers have many methods with higher chances that the line will be the winner.

A good lottery System should generate the Jackpot numbers on the next draw, and that should be the objective.

The best lottery System should make use of the elements of data & use only 1 method to find the next Jackpost.

Unfortunately, it is not easy, but you can if you can find the correct approach & methods.

And that is why, if I am not wrong, a Jackpot QP winner today has not been  a winner again on the very next draw.

And from my opinion, with a lottery system, a System winner today, can be a winner again on the very next draw.

Page 34 of 62