Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is a lottery system? What distinguishes a lottery system from guesses, dreams and quick picks?

Topic closed. 918 replies. Last post 6 years ago by mayhem.

Page 35 of 62
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #105312
January 29, 2011
435 Posts
Posted: April 12, 2011, 7:18 am - IP Logged

FANTASTIC. I love it. I no longer think it's expensive either. Worth every penny. I am not exaggerating. 

The custom analyzer is priceless! I do wish it had automatic daily updates of the drawings like other programs have...but oh well. It's good enough. There are rock solid patterns dating back to 1998 that the program helped me see.

How about some details Mayhem?  Probably you posted it somewhere else, but I missed it.  What sort of software?  What all does it do?  Where'd you download it?  Is it a trial version free download, or something a person has to buy blind?

Thanks

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1953 Posts
    Posted: April 12, 2011, 11:41 am - IP Logged

to me,  systems are ALWAYS based in predicting what's coming,  based on what just was.

you may have worded it a different way,  but that's still what you are inferring.

emotionally i wouldn't bet that the same combo will come in,  it probably won't. 

but my realistic mind tells me it could,  evidenced because it has

you stated "It is possible to eliminate millions of combinations that statistically aren't very likely to happen the very next drawing"

"millions"?     i hope you don't remotely believe that's true,  when combo's repeat in the very next drawing.

in the world of probability,  i see what you mean that 5678 most likely won't appear in the same exact order on the very next draw.  probably not.   but extrapolated out any further than that......no way. 

that "extrapolated out" edict i just insisted upon is the reason no one makes consistent headway even in pick 3

for me, i just can't get past that each ball has the same equal chance of making an appearance each draw.

that notion kills future predictability on any level (in my mind)

you would have to convince me on the past due /  future it's coming down the pipe .....to get me on your side about this

"to me,  systems are ALWAYS based in predicting what's coming,  based on what just was.

you may have worded it a different way,  but that's still what you are inferring."

A system that uses solely elimination is just saying "eliminate combinations that aren't very likely to occur based on information I specify, everything else is allowed". However, the "elimination", at least in my case, is on a pick-by-pick basis. My program picks 6 random numbers, and passes them through what I call "filters", which are actually tests. If it fails the tests, those numbers are dropped and a new set is generated. If a set passes all the tests, then it's considered valid and is printed to the screen and/or an output file. This program is just generating sets that are more likely to to come, not using math and formulas to generate specific numbers. Adding and removing filters is as easy as changing an IF statement. Making it just a simple QP generator is as easy as changing that one line to "if(true)". So the goal with this system is "tell me what is more likely to come", not simply "tell me what's coming", because no system will be correct 100% of the time.

" "millions"?     i hope you don't remotely believe that's true,  when combo's repeat in the very next drawing. "

When? Where? In a Pick 3 game? I can believe that. In a Pick 6 game, it's extremely unlikely. Although several numbers from the last drawing are certainly possible, there's a lot more information available from past drawings than just the numbers themselves.So if you specify criteria that must be passed, some criteria may eliminate millions of combinations.

Gonna win.Big Smile

United States
      Member #93947
      July 10, 2010
      2180 Posts
      Posted: April 12, 2011, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

"to me,  systems are ALWAYS based in predicting what's coming,  based on what just was.

you may have worded it a different way,  but that's still what you are inferring."

A system that uses solely elimination is just saying "eliminate combinations that aren't very likely to occur based on information I specify, everything else is allowed". However, the "elimination", at least in my case, is on a pick-by-pick basis. My program picks 6 random numbers, and passes them through what I call "filters", which are actually tests. If it fails the tests, those numbers are dropped and a new set is generated. If a set passes all the tests, then it's considered valid and is printed to the screen and/or an output file. This program is just generating sets that are more likely to to come, not using math and formulas to generate specific numbers. Adding and removing filters is as easy as changing an IF statement. Making it just a simple QP generator is as easy as changing that one line to "if(true)". So the goal with this system is "tell me what is more likely to come", not simply "tell me what's coming", because no system will be correct 100% of the time.

" "millions"?     i hope you don't remotely believe that's true,  when combo's repeat in the very next drawing. "

When? Where? In a Pick 3 game? I can believe that. In a Pick 6 game, it's extremely unlikely. Although several numbers from the last drawing are certainly possible, there's a lot more information available from past drawings than just the numbers themselves.So if you specify criteria that must be passed, some criteria may eliminate millions of combinations.

Guru101,

"My program picks 6 random numbers, and passes them through what I call 'filters', which are actually tests. If it fails the tests, those numbers are dropped and a new set is generated. If a set passes all the tests, then it's considered valid and is printed to the screen and/or an output file."

Your program is a perfect start for a Backtester/Simulator of your method.  Once you've selected the sets that pass your tests, either score them by comparing them to the next day's Draw from a file of actual historical Draws, OR, generate a random set and assume it's the winning Draw for that day.  Keep a running total of your equity, and when the run is complete...

...do what JADELottery is proposing in the thread below.  WITHOUT reseting your RNG, rerun the test many, many times, and look at the DISTRIBUTION of the results.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/229884/2020286

--Jimmy4164

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7308 Posts
        Posted: April 12, 2011, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

in your wishful thinking world,  in which you obviously purchased beachfront property at firesale prices,  you somehow convinced yourself my knife was dull enough to accept a dance that included a lucky occurance?

stoop to that new low you must,  but even though my residence here isn't what i hang my existence on,  still i have a reputation to defend,  and defend it i will.

there is no way you are coaxing me into an integrity spillage on your part,  whereby you pull a lucky draw and my presence is caput.

you will have to earn it.

like real men do.....fair and square.

and equitable duel for both sides.

there is a good reason you will never put up "the wheel" against QP's over the longterm,  because you know they both have an equal chance.

you thought you could underhand me into the integrity gutter,  but not so fast,  because the contention all along has been ...

(1)  profit over QP's

(2) what "outperforms" over the LONGTERM

i would appeal to you being a man about this,  but i know that's a chihuahua barking up the wrong tree.

i would be more than willling to put my "exit" on the line for a fair mano a mano.

anytime,  to anyone........because we all know by now you won't

profit over time,  that's the ONLY measuring stick in the what's what race

not some schicken get luck once "gotcha" scam.

by the time you schiken out (again),  you will have exceeded the numerical odds/equivalent of getting one number right in the pick 3

"there is a good reason you will never put up "the wheel" against QP's over the longterm,  because you know they both have an equal chance."

The consensus of this thread has been 1 SP and 1 QP have an equal chance of winning a jackpot or 1000 SPs and 1000 QPs. But I suppose it makes you feel good by being the last one to jump on the bandwagon.

But I never claimed the wheel would win the jackpot or even match 3, 4, or 5 numbers. You demanded proof that the wheel will function exactly as I claimed, but after I suggested a bet that you're now refusing to make, the only logical conclusion is you know you'll lose.

I know for a fact the wheel matched at least 2 numbers on one of the 46 lines in every drawing since the last matrix change and have no reason to believe it won't continue to function as intended until another matrix change. Matching the bonus ball on one of the 46 lines should be irrelevant unless you still believe using all 46 bonus numbers on 46 lines is impossible.

If you don't believe me or still want proof, make the bet.

"(1)  profit over QP's " and "(2) what "outperforms" over the LONGTERM"

Was discussed many times on this thread and hundreds of time on other threads. If you have a point to make on specific statement you disagree with, address it to whomever made it.

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #22395
          September 24, 2005
          1583 Posts
          Posted: April 12, 2011, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

"there is a good reason you will never put up "the wheel" against QP's over the longterm,  because you know they both have an equal chance."

The consensus of this thread has been 1 SP and 1 QP have an equal chance of winning a jackpot or 1000 SPs and 1000 QPs. But I suppose it makes you feel good by being the last one to jump on the bandwagon.

But I never claimed the wheel would win the jackpot or even match 3, 4, or 5 numbers. You demanded proof that the wheel will function exactly as I claimed, but after I suggested a bet that you're now refusing to make, the only logical conclusion is you know you'll lose.

I know for a fact the wheel matched at least 2 numbers on one of the 46 lines in every drawing since the last matrix change and have no reason to believe it won't continue to function as intended until another matrix change. Matching the bonus ball on one of the 46 lines should be irrelevant unless you still believe using all 46 bonus numbers on 46 lines is impossible.

Was discussed many times on this thread and hundreds of time on other threads. If you have a point to make on specific statement you disagree with, address it to whomever made it.

OMG, you aren't talking to the Rock Of Gibraltar that hasn't faltered even once in 9 years, are you?  The one that  stood up to every self-pick person on the planet and never ran away from a challenge? 

And HE is turning down (or wiggling out of) a bona fide offer?  Alert the news media!  ROFL

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7308 Posts
            Posted: April 12, 2011, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

"We only have two pro QP players on this thread; one can't believe you or anyone else can show a profit using a system without hitting a jackpot and all the other can add is "prove it" and it's usually about something nobody claimed".

he can't.

and neither can you.

neither can anyone else.

not over the long haul,  can anyone demonstrate they can gain an edge by using systems over ANY methodology of play.

i never said QP's were the bomb diggity......just that they are equal to system play,  as far as a money extraction device.

i have consistently stated (and made it the absolute easiest on you guys TO prove it),  by  watching you or anyone else  extract a profit out of pick 3 that demonstrates it was skill, and not luck.

i stated many times over,  i could care less about hitting a JP.

no one can wrangle the pick 3,   so why would i "hound you"  over not reeling in a JP?   lol

just show you can even "lose less" than QP's,  and the discussion is over ......you guys would win,   because THAT proves the lottery CAN be manipulated personally,  over a random generator,  or any other "methodology"

you guys keep saying "we can".....but no one demonstrates it.

just "losing less"

i made it the easiest possible scenario per your own claims,  short of being on the inside,  and "fixing" the drawings

"neither can anyone else"

I specifically mentioned the over $155 million the PA Lottery paid out on their Daily Numbers game in the fiscal year 2010. I'm not going to ask you to prove not even one player showed profit for the year, just show us the mathematical probabilities making it impossible for 10 or a 100 players to make a profit for the year.

If one year isn't what you mean by "over the long haul", The PA Lottery paid out more than $155 million in each of the previous four years.

"i stated many times over,  i could care less about hitting a JP."

The majority of players probably could care less about NOT hitting a JP, but I'm positive every player that hits a jackpot really cares. I forgot, did you say you were the bastion of common sense or making no sense?

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7308 Posts
              Posted: April 12, 2011, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

OMG, you aren't talking to the Rock Of Gibraltar that hasn't faltered even once in 9 years, are you?  The one that  stood up to every self-pick person on the planet and never ran away from a challenge? 

And HE is turning down (or wiggling out of) a bona fide offer?  Alert the news media!  ROFL

"i will look over your "proposition" with an integrity fine tooth comb later tonight and get back to you."

The "Rock" continued to demand I show him the proof after I gave him easy to follow instructions so he could examine the wheel himself over ten pages ago. I accepted his challenge but now he needs more time.

I believe the "Great One's" self proclaimed winning streak has come to end!

And unless he can show a statistical probability making it impossible for 100 PA pick-3 to show a yearly profit from a one year payout of $155 million or a 5 year profit on over $755 million in payouts, he will lose again. Do you think VD will acknowledge he foolishly took my remarks out of context or will he continue to pretend he never made those foolish remarks "neither can anyone else" and refuse again to accept my challenge and forfeit?

VD is on a bona fide losing streak.

(the talking heads will be discussing this for days)

United States
                Member #105312
                January 29, 2011
                435 Posts
                Posted: April 12, 2011, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

LOL, I guess if I don't get laid for a while and don't have a life anymore, maybe I'll resolve my issues by going into the mystical forum and disrupt all the dream threads because I don't think dreams produce numbers. Banana

Which gives me an idea, Jimmy4164 and VD (visiondude), why not go bother the dream believers for a while?

amerikan:  I don't think they'd let them in over there.  Evidently they start threads they're allowed to control what type of posts go onto the threads..

Harve$t Moon Billionaires Club - Members Only

You are considered a candidate for HMBC membership, when you participate in this club.  Just requesting membership is a waste of time, yours and ours! You must participate! Then you will be invited to join HMBC.  Moneymakers participate from their own initiative.

Post your billionaire mentor choice and post your winning investments numbers with details including dates, states and game type.

Remember you will be using only the numbers posted by Empress-N or Harve$t Moon.

Your personal numbers selections from your non club related workouts and systems are not to be posted in this thread.  We will keep this topic and thread strictly dedicated to the Billionaire Club business!  Thank you for respecting this Club!

Now lets make that mega money!  Have fun and laugh all the way to the bank!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/228824/2020656

I haven't come across anything of that sort on any of the other forums, so maybe it's something only allowed there. 

Or maybe they'd be willing to move it to the math forum to test the metal of the demon spirits haunting the place.

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
                  Denver, Co
                  United States
                  Member #103046
                  December 29, 2010
                  546 Posts
                  Posted: April 12, 2011, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

amerikan:  I don't think they'd let them in over there.  Evidently they start threads they're allowed to control what type of posts go onto the threads..

Harve$t Moon Billionaires Club - Members Only

You are considered a candidate for HMBC membership, when you participate in this club.  Just requesting membership is a waste of time, yours and ours! You must participate! Then you will be invited to join HMBC.  Moneymakers participate from their own initiative.

Post your billionaire mentor choice and post your winning investments numbers with details including dates, states and game type.

Remember you will be using only the numbers posted by Empress-N or Harve$t Moon.

Your personal numbers selections from your non club related workouts and systems are not to be posted in this thread.  We will keep this topic and thread strictly dedicated to the Billionaire Club business!  Thank you for respecting this Club!

Now lets make that mega money!  Have fun and laugh all the way to the bank!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/228824/2020656

I haven't come across anything of that sort on any of the other forums, so maybe it's something only allowed there. 

Or maybe they'd be willing to move it to the math forum to test the metal of the demon spirits haunting the place.

Interesting Joe. I wouldn't mind something like that where we can do a serious thread with only certain members and discuss the various kinds of systems and system play. RL-RANDOMLOGIC can have a digit thread for serious users only. I wonder if that's possible?

Then we can do without the head butting and actually get something accomplished.

Denver, Co
                    United States
                    Member #103046
                    December 29, 2010
                    546 Posts
                    Posted: April 12, 2011, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

How about some details Mayhem?  Probably you posted it somewhere else, but I missed it.  What sort of software?  What all does it do?  Where'd you download it?  Is it a trial version free download, or something a person has to buy blind?

Thanks

Joe...it's Expert Lotto. I bought it 3 months ago and have had good results. They do have a free download so you can check it out.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                      Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #48725
                      January 7, 2007
                      1953 Posts
                      Posted: April 13, 2011, 12:15 am - IP Logged

Guru101,

"My program picks 6 random numbers, and passes them through what I call 'filters', which are actually tests. If it fails the tests, those numbers are dropped and a new set is generated. If a set passes all the tests, then it's considered valid and is printed to the screen and/or an output file."

Your program is a perfect start for a Backtester/Simulator of your method.  Once you've selected the sets that pass your tests, either score them by comparing them to the next day's Draw from a file of actual historical Draws, OR, generate a random set and assume it's the winning Draw for that day.  Keep a running total of your equity, and when the run is complete...

...do what JADELottery is proposing in the thread below.  WITHOUT reseting your RNG, rerun the test many, many times, and look at the DISTRIBUTION of the results.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/229884/2020286

--Jimmy4164

Don't worry. I will win a jackpot.

Gonna win.Big Smile

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                        light on my feet
                        United States
                        Member #356
                        May 20, 2002
                        2744 Posts
                        Posted: April 13, 2011, 12:34 am - IP Logged

now see,  this is how a person of a polar opposite opinion handles themselves,  by esplainin as much as they can, while acting like a civilized member of LP.

i don't have a problem with the "GURU101's"  of LP,  just the arrogant / sarcastic semblances that require a little spotlight now and again,  to highlight they can't live up to their own bravado

GURU, i do understand a program that spits out info that portends a more "likely" scenario,  i just can't get past the each-ball-has-the-same-equal-chance-each-draw to appear reality,  and to me that eliminates any "more likely" scenarios.

to me that's still forecasting what balls will do, and when

"there's a lot more information available from past drawings than just the numbers themselves".

you see,  it's notations like these that really bother my "it's all just random" simplicity.

why?   because in insinuations like the one above,  where you insinuate that there is some sort of an observable pattern that can be detected,  so that you can now have "tools" to capitalize ON those patterns.

you would have to explain how that is remotely possible in machine / ball drawings for me to flip on this issue.

and thanks for keeping your cool.

VISION

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Denver, Co
                          United States
                          Member #103046
                          December 29, 2010
                          546 Posts
                          Posted: April 13, 2011, 1:04 am - IP Logged

When playing QP you do not need to know of the elements & components of the data,

each line generated on the ticket comes from different methods.

When you are playing on a System, depending on how you set up, 10 line generated can come from only 1 method.

That is why QP has most winners because, when comparing to a System player with a few methods.

QPickers have many methods with higher chances that the line will be the winner.

A good lottery System should generate the Jackpot numbers on the next draw, and that should be the objective.

The best lottery System should make use of the elements of data & use only 1 method to find the next Jackpost.

Unfortunately, it is not easy, but you can if you can find the correct approach & methods.

And that is why, if I am not wrong, a Jackpot QP winner today has not been  a winner again on the very next draw.

And from my opinion, with a lottery system, a System winner today, can be a winner again on the very next draw.

"each line generated on the ticket comes from different methods."

"That is why QP has most winners because, when comparing to a System player with a few methods.

QPickers have many methods with higher chances that the line will be the winner."

Fairytale, that is by far the most reasonable and common sense explanation supporting quickpicks I've heard. I am not sure I fully agree with it, because QP's can also give you some of the worst in their combinations, and I don't necessarily agree that systems only use 1 method.

However still, your the first to make me pause and think about the value of QP's, I never looked at them in that way. Great post. Thumbs Up

light on my feet
                            United States
                            Member #356
                            May 20, 2002
                            2744 Posts
                            Posted: April 13, 2011, 1:06 am - IP Logged

"But I never claimed the wheel would win the jackpot or even match 3, 4, or 5 numbers".

who can remember what you have bloviated in here.  you change your "game" as much as lady gaga changes outfits.  your on-the-fly costume changes are well documented in comparison to when i call you out on your chameleon act.

the premise i always called you on was that your arrogance could never match what you were bloviating,  and any variation of your on-the-fly chameleon act was met with the get down to business of a straight up mano a mano.

nothing worse than a bloviator who can't.

thus,  i was always consistent with you,  and went straight to the ultimate tell all,  your whatever against the LP RNG,  whenever you threup your "variations" to avoid it at all costs.

no one cares if it's 2if anything.  so what if you get lucky,  or i get lucky,  that means squat diddly in the ultimate realm.

you can spend your days making excuse after excuse,  truth is you totally ran the other direction whenever i suggested the ultimate tell all.   the tell all that would also tell that you can "lessen" your losses,  etc.

remember stack,  this is not the only thread in which you totally took the train out of truthville,  this just ANOTHER thread in which you have.   -------> multiple ones by now.

"You demanded proof that the wheel will function exactly as I claimed, but after I suggested a bet that you're now refusing to make, the only logical conclusion is you know you'll lose."

you got that right,  but not how you tried to weezel out of it when it's demonstrated with integrity........over time.

vision will meet you on main street anytime,  but there is no way you are pulling your underhanded one lucky shot scam.

you trying to pull that once again demonstrates the slime factor attached to your counter.

the logical conclusion is i know i have an EQUAL CHANCE in a straight heads up challenge over time,  so the last thing you will ever see me emoting is "worrying" what a guy like you has.

multiple threads  and multiple posts wearing your swiftest track shoes,  and i am schicken.

there is only one kind of man that makes me even take note of what they claim they are.....the ones that always do what they say they can.

you aren't remotely "that man".

just to be clear on our "history" together.....all i ever have done is throw my common sense blanket over the threads i have been in.   somewhere along the line you took exception to that,  and high on mtn dew decided your were gonna throw rocks in my direction.

good by me,  just you still won't back it up with the "ultimate" i always sent your way

your assertion from day1 was that SP's "outperformed" QP's.....and my aim has always been to show that isn't true,  not in an integrity based over time test

light on my feet
                              United States
                              Member #356
                              May 20, 2002
                              2744 Posts
                              Posted: April 13, 2011, 1:28 am - IP Logged

"i will look over your "proposition" with an integrity fine tooth comb later tonight and get back to you."

The "Rock" continued to demand I show him the proof after I gave him easy to follow instructions so he could examine the wheel himself over ten pages ago. I accepted his challenge but now he needs more time.

I believe the "Great One's" self proclaimed winning streak has come to end!

And unless he can show a statistical probability making it impossible for 100 PA pick-3 to show a yearly profit from a one year payout of $155 million or a 5 year profit on over $755 million in payouts, he will lose again. Do you think VD will acknowledge he foolishly took my remarks out of context or will he continue to pretend he never made those foolish remarks "neither can anyone else" and refuse again to accept my challenge and forfeit?

VD is on a bona fide losing streak.

(the talking heads will be discussing this for days)

yep,  and this is where you cop to your slimey attempt at a one shot lucky punch,  so you could walk out of dodge "claiming" victory.

i think you put too much of your "feigned hope" in my lack of english language handling skills,  and my math depravity,  "thinking" you could slide it under the door,  but au contraire,  vision has just enough in the bag to highlight what you really are.

"Do you think VD will acknowledge he foolishly took my remarks out of context or will he continue to pretend he never made those foolish remarks "neither can anyone else" and refuse again to accept my challenge and forfeit?".

take your comments out of context?   nope,  i read right thru your variations of slime everytime you manufactured one on the fly.

"neither can anyone else"   an accurate statement,  that no one can over time,  in demonstrating they can sustain anything more than a momentary luck streak.  nor can they demonstrate they can "minimize their losses" over QPs

we all know you can't,  because you keep refusingthe ultimate test that WOULD demonstrate "it does".

"and refuse again to accept my challenge and forfeit?".

you sure are no billboard for the advent of system player king of LP.

anyone who has to lie about "victory" via a slimeball version of a "challenge" is weaker than previously demonstrated.

you sunk to a new low stack,  but knowing people like i know,  this isn't your lowest rung yet.

when it comes to my residence at LP,  the word "forefeit" is not a word i will ever HAVE to use.

forfeit would only be applicaable in a situation where that's a statistical / ethical possibility,  and there hasn't been one of "those" in 9 years.

you sure don't have anything to stand up against QP's over time for the profit and losses game

Page 35 of 62