Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is a lottery system? What distinguishes a lottery system from guesses, dreams and quick picks?

Topic closed. 918 replies. Last post 6 years ago by mayhem.

Page 40 of 62
PrintE-mailLink
mayhem's avatar - 142g5yd
Fort Worth, TX
United States
Member #106060
February 11, 2011
188 Posts
Posted: April 15, 2011, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Ahead on the system yet? Was the 475 split between random and system?

Edit: Page 40 eh? At 40 are over the hill or just on top of it? lol.

How you do anything is how you do everything.

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
    Denver, Co
    United States
    Member #103046
    December 29, 2010
    546 Posts
    Posted: April 15, 2011, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Ahead on the system yet? Was the 475 split between random and system?

Edit: Page 40 eh? At 40 are over the hill or just on top of it? lol.

The $475 is as if spent on each one. 

The final packages that I come up with in my predictions have anywhere from 100 to 1000 numbers which contain 2/5's, 3/5's and 4/5's. As I refine my predictions I am positive the day will come when the final package has the jackpot #, but it's possible to filter it out as well when I am trying to reduce it to 25 or 50 numbers.

So, when I filter, I could end up including the 4/5's or end up filtering them out. That's part of the process I'm trying to work on improving.

Nevertheless, so far I am ahead (or less behind) on the SP's so far.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19817 Posts
      Posted: April 15, 2011, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Let the terminal pick the numbers. That way we know for sure that it's a QP if you post the ticket. The ticket will say "QP" at the end of the line. Even if we agreed on an RNG such as Random.org, we wouldn't know if the tickets you post are really from that RNG, or numbers from your own system.

The debate of "Quick Picks" versus "System Picks" is going no where because of the tie-up over QPs.  QPs cost real money while an equal amount of predictions cost nothing.   If QPs was changed to "Random Picks" then the debate could move forward without either side having to spend any real money.  I suspect each side already know the outcomes of a few combinations posted at LP aren't going to change their minds because each side base their positions on their experancies over a longer period of time, some going back years.

As a system player I only claim using a system to pick my combinations allows me to do things than can't be done with QPs such as playing all the numbers in a matrix with the smallest amount of lines, avoid picking combinations that have already won, choosing to play only the most or least popular numbers and etc., all of which I believe improve my odds of winning a prize especially when I play more than a couple of lines.

System play is not for everyone especially if they only play one or two lines or play family birthdays, but if they are playing more than a couple of lines then I would think they would want to avoid the things that can happen when a bunch of QPs are bought.

This QP/SP debate should have its own thread since this thread started out to define what a system is.  It seems systems may be nothing more than the ways players pick their numbers other than QPs.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
        Dallas, Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        1665 Posts
        Posted: April 15, 2011, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

The debate of "Quick Picks" versus "System Picks" is going no where because of the tie-up over QPs.  QPs cost real money while an equal amount of predictions cost nothing.   If QPs was changed to "Random Picks" then the debate could move forward without either side having to spend any real money.  I suspect each side already know the outcomes of a few combinations posted at LP aren't going to change their minds because each side base their positions on their experancies over a longer period of time, some going back years.

As a system player I only claim using a system to pick my combinations allows me to do things than can't be done with QPs such as playing all the numbers in a matrix with the smallest amount of lines, avoid picking combinations that have already won, choosing to play only the most or least popular numbers and etc., all of which I believe improve my odds of winning a prize especially when I play more than a couple of lines.

System play is not for everyone especially if they only play one or two lines or play family birthdays, but if they are playing more than a couple of lines then I would think they would want to avoid the things that can happen when a bunch of QPs are bought.

This QP/SP debate should have its own thread since this thread started out to define what a system is.  It seems systems may be nothing more than the ways players pick their numbers other than QPs.

I agree RJOH. It would make more sense to post a challenge thread with everything spelled out and let those who choose too accept, play there.

And then there is the Predictions Board. He could post whatever numbers he wants and play against 4500+ posters everyday.

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
          light on my feet
          United States
          Member #356
          May 20, 2002
          2744 Posts
          Posted: April 15, 2011, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

I'd give it some thought if you'd agree to post Quick Pick tickets. That's the only way I'd even consider it Quick Picks vs System.

You can call it what you like but it's not a Quick Pick unless it has 'QP' at the end of the line.

And you still owe Stack a response.

that's a rediculous demand,  that i have to "purchase tickets" in order for it to be legit.

you must share DNA with stack,  because stack manufactured that lame excuse awhile back when he was dreaming up ways to michael jackson moon walk out of the challenge after i called him out per his arrogance.

call it QP's,  call it whatever you want.......but the LP RNG (or whatever RNG you feel comfortable with) can replicate exactly what i need  it to do,  in order to keep my end of the bargain......without the need for monetary expenditures on either part.

awhile back on another thread,  i called out stack on his rediculousness that they QP's had to be "purchased",  by saying "ok,  if i am going to have to spend money, so are you".      wanna try and guess stacks response ?

then, i told him since his demand for me to purchase was nothing more than an avoidance tactic,  if he really believed i had to "purchase" the tickets,  he could reimburse me if he lost.    you don't have to guess his response to that one.

stack (and now you) both know i don't need to spend squat,  and neither do you to make this a straight up legit heads up.

i think it's once again telling of systems players telling everyone "it works",  and then watching how you stuck your personal foot in the door,  and now you are looking to throw it in reverse.

cut the lame excuses, and lets do this.

where do i "owe" stack a response?    did i miss highlighting another of stacks "inconsistentcies"?   be glad to do that again

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
            Indiana
            United States
            Member #48725
            January 7, 2007
            1953 Posts
            Posted: April 15, 2011, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

Since I live near the Indiana/Kentucky border, I might drive over to Kentucky and play their Pick 3 instead here are the payout structures for the Hoosier Lottery's Daily 3 game and the Kentucky Lottery's Pick 3 game:

Hoosier Lottery(from HoosierLottery.com):

Bet TypeExample #’sPayout*Odds**
            Straight1-2-3$5001: 1,000
            Box1-2-3$801: 167
            Box1-1-2$1601: 333
            Combo1-2-3$290 ($250+$40)1: 1,000
            Combo1-2-3$40 (Box Match Only)1: 200
            Combo1-1-2$330 ($250+$80)1: 1,000
            Combo1-1-2$80 (Box Match Only)1: 500

Kentucky Lottery(from KYLottery.com):

PICK 3MatchPrizeOdds Per Play

$1 per play
            $.50 (half prize)
            Straight$6001:1,000
            Box
            (3 different #s)
            $1001:167
            Box
            (2 same #s)
            $2001:333
            Pair$601:100

Indiana's Daily 3 does not have 50 cent wagers. So if I play Kentucky's Pick 3 I can play 10 sets for $5, which for testing purposes would probably be better. Maybe after I test it out, if it does really good I can up my wager amount. As you can see, KY's Pick 3 has better payouts.

Gonna win.Big Smile

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
              light on my feet
              United States
              Member #356
              May 20, 2002
              2744 Posts
              Posted: April 15, 2011, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

I agree RJOH. It would make more sense to post a challenge thread with everything spelled out and let those who choose too accept, play there.

And then there is the Predictions Board. He could post whatever numbers he wants and play against 4500+ posters everyday.

it would be a ghost town with the sound of crickets playing in the background all day.

i have been around LP for 9 years,  and whenever there was that "arrogance scenario",  and i needed to call someone out on it, no one really would except a small "dance" here or there.

how many thousands of people have seen my challenges to systems players,  and responded to set the record straight?

ZERO.

i already stated many times over,  i am not at LP to cause trouble for sport,  so i am not about to go over and mess with the prediction board when it's perfectly peaceful over there.

i only do it at the intersection of claim and arrogance.

i just another obvious moment that you stuck your foot in the door,  took a peak and decided you didn't want any of that,  and now you are "suggesting" someone else do it. 

4,500 "other people"

anyone but you, right?

what ARE you guys so afraid of?   it's just random picks,  and of course you all know systems "fair better"...

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #48725
                January 7, 2007
                1953 Posts
                Posted: April 15, 2011, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

that's a rediculous demand,  that i have to "purchase tickets" in order for it to be legit.

you must share DNA with stack,  because stack manufactured that lame excuse awhile back when he was dreaming up ways to michael jackson moon walk out of the challenge after i called him out per his arrogance.

call it QP's,  call it whatever you want.......but the LP RNG (or whatever RNG you feel comfortable with) can replicate exactly what i need  it to do,  in order to keep my end of the bargain......without the need for monetary expenditures on either part.

awhile back on another thread,  i called out stack on his rediculousness that they QP's had to be "purchased",  by saying "ok,  if i am going to have to spend money, so are you".      wanna try and guess stacks response ?

then, i told him since his demand for me to purchase was nothing more than an avoidance tactic,  if he really believed i had to "purchase" the tickets,  he could reimburse me if he lost.    you don't have to guess his response to that one.

stack (and now you) both know i don't need to spend squat,  and neither do you to make this a straight up legit heads up.

i think it's once again telling of systems players telling everyone "it works",  and then watching how you stuck your personal foot in the door,  and now you are looking to throw it in reverse.

where do i "owe" stack a response?    did i miss highlighting another of stacks "inconsistentcies"?   be glad to do that again

There's no way for anyone to tell whether or not you're doing what the agreed upon terms say. I think the challenge is unnecessary.

Gonna win.Big Smile

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
                  Denver, Co
                  United States
                  Member #103046
                  December 29, 2010
                  546 Posts
                  Posted: April 15, 2011, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

it would be a ghost town with the sound of crickets playing in the background all day.

i have been around LP for 9 years,  and whenever there was that "arrogance scenario",  and i needed to call someone out on it, no one really would except a small "dance" here or there.

how many thousands of people have seen my challenges to systems players,  and responded to set the record straight?

ZERO.

i already stated many times over,  i am not at LP to cause trouble for sport,  so i am not about to go over and mess with the prediction board when it's perfectly peaceful over there.

i only do it at the intersection of claim and arrogance.

i just another obvious moment that you stuck your foot in the door,  took a peak and decided you didn't want any of that,  and now you are "suggesting" someone else do it. 

4,500 "other people"

anyone but you, right?

what ARE you guys so afraid of?   it's just random picks,  and of course you all know systems "fair better"...

"what ARE you guys so afraid of?" 

Really? Afraid? You think that is the only reason why someone wouldn't want to accept an internet challenge from a stranger is because they are afraid?

I mean, seriously, who are you that someone even has to consider taking a challenge? Common sense tells me that not everyone wants to get involved with some stranger beyond a conversation. They may not have the time, energy, or desire to post and follow numbers beyond what they are doing already on their own. It probably has nothing to do with 'being afraid'. 

All this time, all you had to do is just post your random picks in the predictions page for everyone to see and show everyone that your random picks can do just as well if not better than everyone else.

Or is the reason you don't do it is because 'you're afraid'? As you said, 'it's just random picks'. What ARE you so afraid of?

Just because you demand a challenge doens't mean that if someone doesn't take you up on it, it's because 'they're afraid'.

It could be that they simply just don't like you.

United States
                    Member #105312
                    January 29, 2011
                    435 Posts
                    Posted: April 15, 2011, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

Really? Afraid? You think that is the only reason why someone wouldn't want to accept an internet challenge from a stranger is because they are afraid?

I mean, seriously, who are you that someone even has to consider taking a challenge? Common sense tells me that not everyone wants to get involved with some stranger beyond a conversation. They may not have the time, energy, or desire to post and follow numbers beyond what they are doing already on their own. It probably has nothing to do with 'being afraid'. 

All this time, all you had to do is just post your random picks in the predictions page for everyone to see and show everyone that your random picks can do just as well if not better than everyone else.

Or is the reason you don't do it is because 'you're afraid'? As you said, 'it's just random picks'. What ARE you so afraid of?

Just because you demand a challenge doens't mean that if someone doesn't take you up on it, it's because 'they're afraid'.

amerikan:  I don't like him and I don't read his posts but I've got predictions posted for MD Pick 5 and IA Pick 5 for this evening because I'm scared of him.

Dallas, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #4549
                      May 2, 2004
                      1665 Posts
                      Posted: April 15, 2011, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

Josephus,

Thanks for the laugh. I needed it after looking at all those numbers. Still see them. Double, triple. In color!

RL,

Salvaged enough to put a new Texas Cash 5 spreadsheet together for the "Digital Dream Team." Thanks Jimbooble-looble for the moniker!

This one includes the totals for sums, digits, spreads, individual digits, mixed digits, prime numbers, etc.....

AND I got totals for the first two back digits and the last two back digits. For those who don't know what we are talking about, last nights Cash 5 was 12, 15, 22, 25, 28.

The Red (1,1,2,2,2) is the front digit pattern. The Blue (2,5,2,5,8) is the back digit pattern.

I don't know what it means yet, but I have totals for the first two back digits and last two back digits from 00 - 99. A lot of 7s come up as the back digit. Might run a 5/39 and see if 9s do the same thing.

Debating on whether to carry it forward and do totals on the first three, middle three, or back three. I'm thinking middle three offhand. Might just do them all.

Soon as I put the boat away, get the trolling motor battery off charge, and find some food, I'll start another mess.

Here's the link.

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7297 Posts
                        Posted: April 15, 2011, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

"awhile back on another thread,  i called out stack on his rediculousness that they QP's had to be "purchased",  by saying "ok,  if i am going to have to spend money, so are you".      wanna try and guess stacks response ?"

Don't blame me because your reading comprehension skills are very suspect and your mathematical skills are nonexistent.

I said it then and I'll say it again, anyone can use all 46 bonus numbers using a wheel with 46 lines and only a fool would dispute that fact. The question then became can anyone get the same coverage with 46 QPs. Even though that topic was about purchased SPs versus purchased QPs you demanded a test between 46 SPs and 46 RNG lines of your choosing. We don't need to ask if any QPs players got multiple same number bonus numbers purchasing $5 or $10 worth of QPs because that's been discussed many times in Jackpot and Discussion forums. We need to look no farther than page 29 in thread to see where Jimmy scanned 3 QPs and the bonus number 19 was on two of the three lines. If you can't get 3 different bonus numbers on just 3 QPs, how could you expect to get all 46 bonus numbers on 46 QPs?

Maybe you expected to get all 46 bonus numbers on your RNG results or maybe hit the reset button until you found favorable results. Nobody knows or frankly cares, but I do know you won't find a lottery clerk that will continue to void 46 QPs until you find the perfect set.

You also conveniently forgot to mention the result of that contest between RJ's 46 self picks and your 46 RNG picks. RJ's set used all 56 numbers so all of the drawn numbers were found somewhere in his sets while your sets missed one of the drawn numbers making it impossible for you to win the imaginary jackpot. I asked you several pages ago to post the result of your imaginary win, but you never did.

The results showed your RNG picks failed to match all 5 WBS, but you caught a fantastic 1 + 1 for a fabulous imaginary loss of of only 43 play money dollars. Since RJ's SPs only matched the bonus number, that earth shattering test you begged for proved your RNGs really kicked some SP butt because RJ's SPs lost one imaginary dollar more.

Congratulations on your amazing win!

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7297 Posts
                          Posted: April 15, 2011, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

"It could be that they simply just don't like you."

Naw, every message board forum has a toy that posters with little or no effort can make the toy look really silly. Don't know why this toy doesn't understand his role after 9 years, but let's not tell him.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                            Member #59354
                            March 13, 2008
                            3962 Posts
                            Posted: April 15, 2011, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

Gary

Is fish on the menu tonight or do you have to pick something at random.

RL

Dallas, Texas
                              United States
                              Member #4549
                              May 2, 2004
                              1665 Posts
                              Posted: April 15, 2011, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

Gary

Is fish on the menu tonight or do you have to pick something at random.

RL

No fish tonightRL. Picked ravioli at random.

Fishing comes tomorrow. Was expecting my son to come up, but he had other plans. Means he has a date.

Page 40 of 62