Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is a lottery system? What distinguishes a lottery system from guesses, dreams and quick picks?

Topic closed. 918 replies. Last post 6 years ago by mayhem.

Page 45 of 62
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #93947
July 10, 2010
2180 Posts
Posted: April 18, 2011, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

p.s.  Really, I don't know why you have a problem with me as I've even thanked you on occassion. 

p.s.s.  I think that what's going on here is classic and happens when some people receive a message they don't like - shoot the messenger!

The main problem I have with you and perhaps moreso visiondude are the little jabs and put downs you you both like to take at members such as:

"The following only singles out Mr. Perkis to show that you are not reporting facts.  I'm sure there are others who are better at covering their tracks."

And

"When you are unable to answer a question intelligently, I think it would be better to either ignore it, or simply say, "I don't know."  The last three posters here aren't very easily embarrassed, are they?"

And 

"Unfortunately, a "good conversation" for you is only one that supports your belief in an ability to have an effect on how much you can win in the lottery." 

Gee whiz Jimmy, are you shooting the messenger? I thought you don't like that!!!

And, no, that is not how I define a 'good conversation'. I have no problem whatsoever with information that contradicts my information. I found Catlin's article that you posted about the bell curve and how it's used in marketing systems to be quite an eye opener.

So quite the contrary, I have no problem with information that I may not like or may not agree with, so your personal assertion about what I find to be a good conversation is once again wrong and not grounded in fact. What makes a conversation with you and visiondude 'not a good conversation' are exaclty those snippy, b**chy little jabs with that turn a good conversation into one I can do without.

Before you complain about anyone shooting the messenger, you might want to unload your own gun first.

If you go back and check, you'll see I started out here as a newcomer with a sociable, friendly manner.  It wasn't until I had to deal with low blows and attacks involving references to my son, my education, my experience, and my character in general, that I reacted.  If you check out the kind of low-life language and inferences I've had to deal with and were privy to what I've received in PMs, I doubt if you could restrain yourself.  I chose to respond with irony, sarcasm, and metaphor rather than childish or juvenile playground rhetoric.  Instead, I now wish I had disappeared from here after receiving the first nasty post, which is what was suggested to me by people close to me.

I'm sorry Ameriken; I looked back a bit, and you've been reasonable, but believe me, there are some nasty people posting here.  I hope you'll at least look back at my first few posts.  BTW, the question I raised in my first post was never resolved.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/217181/1705801

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1953 Posts
    Posted: April 18, 2011, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

Almost got the picking program done! Testing begins tomorrow!Evil Smile

Gonna win.Big Smile

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
      light on my feet
      United States
      Member #356
      May 20, 2002
      2744 Posts
      Posted: April 18, 2011, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

Stack47 says,"I've never understood the big deal about a system beating chance by 11 to 1 because I did the math. Any old harness racing system player should know the profit margin is about the same as when he bet $4 on an Even money horse and his profit was enough to buy a hot dog."

This is really getting tiring.  You even apply your same illogic trying to joke about my posts in another Forum.  The average player walking into most harness tracks with $100 walks out with about $80.  The fact you don't view outperforming the crowd by a FACTOR of eleven to one as a "Big Deal" speaks volumes about the holidays in your thinking.  And the fact that you are willing to admit it, speaks even more volumes!  When will it sink in that winning one lottery Draw, or one race, tells you nothing about what you can expect over the entire course of your participation in the game[s.]

See the graphs in my new Poll.

"speaks volumes about the holidays in your thinking".

this has nothing to do with the fact that you used that line on stack,   and while standing alone,  that line is brillliant.

i am SO jacking that.

the tragic thing is,  it won't take that long for a legit opportunity TO use it,  given the way the world is going these days Crazy

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
        Denver, Co
        United States
        Member #103046
        December 29, 2010
        546 Posts
        Posted: April 18, 2011, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

If you go back and check, you'll see I started out here as a newcomer with a sociable, friendly manner.  It wasn't until I had to deal with low blows and attacks involving references to my son, my education, my experience, and my character in general, that I reacted.  If you check out the kind of low-life language and inferences I've had to deal with and were privy to what I've received in PMs, I doubt if you could restrain yourself.  I chose to respond with irony, sarcasm, and metaphor rather than childish or juvenile playground rhetoric.  Instead, I now wish I had disappeared from here after receiving the first nasty post, which is what was suggested to me by people close to me.

I'm sorry Ameriken; I looked back a bit, and you've been reasonable, but believe me, there are some nasty people posting here.  I hope you'll at least look back at my first few posts.  BTW, the question I raised in my first post was never resolved.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/217181/1705801

Thanks for the post Jimmy. Thumbs Up

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

light on my feet
          United States
          Member #356
          May 20, 2002
          2744 Posts
          Posted: April 18, 2011, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

"that at least deserves a question mark,  because it possibly sells false hope."

It sells false hope? How does it sell false hope? Anytime you use someone else's strategy or system, you're doing so at your own risk and know this ahead of time, and there is never a guarantee that you will have the same results as that person.

I have to prove my system works to YOU? Why? Have I tried selling it to you? My system isn't costing you a dime right now. The other guys' systems aren't costing you a dime right now. If we say our systems work, you either believe us or don't, and then move on. Challenging us by saying "prove it" is pointless because we are under no obligation to prove to you that it works. We have our self interest in mind. It it ourselves that we are using our system for.

first of all guru,  you are not even on my radar about arrogant "can'ts" in this thread.

while i appreciate the fact you and i are still on the opposite sides of the room philosophically speaking,  you haven't acted like a jerk,  so know that i don't have a "tude" about you.

so far, you and i have been discussing the polar oppposites,  albeit stridently.

as far as when i say that systems can sell "false hope",  it's true,  they contain that component,  and given the desperation found at LP,  that 'quotient' can become ethically uncool.

ethically uncool when a person crosses the line from a "maybe" straight to a "fact".  (as in stacks continous underhanded assertions that he presents as "factual results").

caveat emptor is one thing.  tooling around a "maybe",  acceptable.  helping others chase a "maybe", acceptable.

telling everyone it's a fact, that you can better your odds,  or you can extract a better 'result' than any other methodology..........completely not cool, because it's not true beyond the luck factor.

and that's where selling "false hope" comes in. 

people come to LP looking for "hope".  hope they can manipulate the lottery enough to put money in thier wallets.

you tell people "you can",  that creates 'false hope".......unless of course you can deliver

if you could do it,  and then teach others how to do it,  and it was provable and demonstrative beyond a claim TO do so,  then it wouldn't be false hope.

how many people do you see frothing at the mouth when they see someone look like they have something at LP?

pretty much  everyone

like i said,  the only time i confront someone to "prove it",  is when they try and sell it as repeatable fact.

throw a blanket of arrogance over that "claim",  it just speeds up the process.

for someone who supposedly "can",   it's awefully suspicious that you would cry about someone having you "prove it".

i know one fact in life among many,  and that is when people "have it",   the last thing they would do is cry foul when someone asked them to show it off.

if i "had it",   you sure wouldn't have to ask me twice to bust out my skills.

you think i am wrong about selling false hope?    think about the drool factor among thousands once some body shows they "might" have something.

or,  the amount of unsolicited PM's "you guys" receive from members once someone sniffs lottery system "success"

remember,  i only go into "prove it" mode when i need to demonstrate to the fence sitters it doesn't work.

it's not like i haven't given "you guys" 9 years to prove it does.

why get angry at me,  when i provide a stage TO prove it works.

i know why,  but "you guys" have yet to come to terms as to that "why".

it tain't my fault

light on my feet
            United States
            Member #356
            May 20, 2002
            2744 Posts
            Posted: April 18, 2011, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

The question.

Josephus: "What distinguishes a lottery system and quick picks?"

The answer.

VD: "your "system" against my QP's"

Interesting answer but can VD look at 10 lines of MM numbers and tell us what they are. I asked him that question back on page 41 so maybe his vision isn't as good as he thinks.

1. 05-06-16-34-42  + 26
            2. 15-27-45-48-49  + 22
            3. 02-11-41-45-50  + 33
            4. 10-14-18-28-48  + 39
            5. 05-06-27-30-42  + 04
            6. 04-24-43-44-49  + 25
            7. 06-08-23-40-47  + 17
            8. 20-23-33-35-46  + 37
            9. 06-22-34-42-55  + 45
            10. 12-25-41-43-49  + 46

(A) are they from an RNG?     (B) are they from a system?     (C) are they 10 lines copied from 10 purchased QPs?

Since "your system against my QPs"  is the only answer you ever gave, it's more than obvious you know the distinction. After you give us the correct answer, what exactly it is that distinguishes one set of 10 lines from another?

I know for a fact the results from a test between system picks and QPs can't be your distinction because you have said over and over again "it's random and nobody can predict the results".

my "vision" (unfortunately for you) starts out at 20/20 when it comes to the ethical arena's of life.

it gets "narrower" down the snellen scale of things,  when guys like you attempt to slither "truth" in a side door.

such as your (another) ongoing "example" above.

like i said,  "you guys" automatically think i am going to play this mano a mano they way that you do,  via the ethical fudge-ation of the "intial",  but nope,  vision isn't about to auction his 9 year display of integrity just to "win".

i don't have to.  QP's have an equal chance right out of the starting gate.

you wish i would lie,  that i didn't extract my QP's from the LP RNG,  that way you could feel "better" about your etchical voyage.

sorry,  but vision orders his ethics straight up, and doesn't HAVE to lie his way to the finish line.

it's a nasty display by you stack,  that your game is so weak,  that you have no other choice now but to lie about what i would do.

that move is far beyond what we are discussing here,  that you purposefully lie about another persons character without just cause.

it demonstrates again, the underhanded individual that you are.

i told you that you cannot run with that as an excuse "not to",  because todd could do it (since you tell others i would lie about it),  or someone else can facillitate a fair match based in ethical quality,  that gives the QP's thier mano a mano due.

at LP,  your nothing but a purveayor of excuses,  who has attention issues so bad,  you don't even realize you emabarrass yourself with every consecutive excuse.

you may be good at math,  but ethics is where the real game of life is played.

give yourself an "F" for the class

light on my feet
              United States
              Member #356
              May 20, 2002
              2744 Posts
              Posted: April 19, 2011, 12:14 am - IP Logged

If you're so interested in a challenge, what stops you from organizing one and starting one? What keeps you from any kind of action on your part? Why not prove your own point about QP's? I've seen a lot of talk and no action on your part. Not even one post in the predictions page. Had you been backing up your own BS by posting QP's there, maybe you'd be more believable. But really, you have nothing so none of what you say holds any weight to anyone else. You talk a lot of sh** and insult everyone else here in the forum, but the only thing you've proven is that you yourself are all talk and no action. 

So if you are so much better than us, quit typing page after page after page of your meaningless nonsense and just do it.

Show everyone you're not all talk and excuses and no action. Start a thread in the proper forum, define what your challenge is, post the rules to level the playing field, invite everyone, and have at it. I am sure there will be takers and it could be quite fun.

Otherwise, button it up because all you've done in this entire thread is talk a bunch of crap and you have proven nothing except that you're someone who talks a bunch of crap and has proven nothing.

So quit telling everyone else to man up. Just man up yourself and get the ball rolling.

"I've seen a lot of talk and no action on your part".

sure,  blame me for something "you guys" are afraid of doing.   that does nothing but shore up your "strength" of position.

the hard truth is i am the only one that has stood by my "actions",  by being willing to flesh them out.

"you guys" have schickened out of it,  not me,  so how can you possibly portray me as the one who hasn't "proved anything"?

been at LP 9 years.    offered up the "challenge" many a time when things turned arrogant.

wanna guess how many "takers" there have been?

a little history lesson of my "performance" at LP.

everytime someone has accepted my proposal,  the QP's have either faired equally or better.

so you see amerikan, i have backed up what i claimed QP's do,  which is that they only provide an "equal chance" as systems.

i have done that 100% of the time at LP when that opportunity presented itself.

let's see you dig up a systems player with an identical track record at LP as mine.   plenty of members to cull from.

i have never stated that QP's are better in terms of performance and extracting profit.

i only extol their "virtues" because they give someone their time and money back.

i personally only use them because i only need 1 ticket to find out if i am "meant to",  and 1 QP performs that task sufficiently.

i have never stated that "everyone" only use QP's,   and only bagged on systems when "you guys" keep telling everyone "you can"

i guess you really need a reality check about this,  because if i did start a thread like that.....no one would post a challenge to it.

been here 9 years,  look at the thread count of people watching just this thread alone.  not one person stepping up to "show me".

and now most poignantly............YOU

you are currently crying "foul" the loudest,  why not you?  why make everyone else do it?

listen, like i always do,  i have come up with a simple solution that once again you can't blame me for something "you guys" say you can do.

while i am not going to auction my integrity to the lowest bidder,  because i am not going to start trouble for sport or ego,  i figgggggured out a way for you to flesh out your "concern",  by having YOUstart a thread to make yourself happy over said concern.

YOUstart it,  and my white hat will be more than obliged to finish the race.   i am a "finisher".

see,  if YOU start it,  i don't get blamed for causing trouble for sport.

you suggested it,  so bring it,   or we get to witness another rediculous excuse why "you can't"

remember, thousands  watch these mini mano a mano's and say nothing

how embarrassing would it be if i was the only one that showed up at the rodeo?

it's arrogant stuff like this that sets the stage for "what i do".

that's on you

Denver, Co
                United States
                Member #103046
                December 29, 2010
                546 Posts
                Posted: April 19, 2011, 12:48 am - IP Logged

"I've seen a lot of talk and no action on your part".

sure,  blame me for something "you guys" are afraid of doing.   that does nothing but shore up your "strength" of position.

the hard truth is i am the only one that has stood by my "actions",  by being willing to flesh them out.

"you guys" have schickened out of it,  not me,  so how can you possibly portray me as the one who hasn't "proved anything"?

been at LP 9 years.    offered up the "challenge" many a time when things turned arrogant.

wanna guess how many "takers" there have been?

a little history lesson of my "performance" at LP.

everytime someone has accepted my proposal,  the QP's have either faired equally or better.

so you see amerikan, i have backed up what i claimed QP's do,  which is that they only provide an "equal chance" as systems.

i have done that 100% of the time at LP when that opportunity presented itself.

let's see you dig up a systems player with an identical track record at LP as mine.   plenty of members to cull from.

i have never stated that QP's are better in terms of performance and extracting profit.

i only extol their "virtues" because they give someone their time and money back.

i personally only use them because i only need 1 ticket to find out if i am "meant to",  and 1 QP performs that task sufficiently.

i have never stated that "everyone" only use QP's,   and only bagged on systems when "you guys" keep telling everyone "you can"

i guess you really need a reality check about this,  because if i did start a thread like that.....no one would post a challenge to it.

been here 9 years,  look at the thread count of people watching just this thread alone.  not one person stepping up to "show me".

and now most poignantly............YOU

you are currently crying "foul" the loudest,  why not you?  why make everyone else do it?

listen, like i always do,  i have come up with a simple solution that once again you can't blame me for something "you guys" say you can do.

while i am not going to auction my integrity to the lowest bidder,  because i am not going to start trouble for sport or ego,  i figgggggured out a way for you to flesh out your "concern",  by having YOUstart a thread to make yourself happy over said concern.

YOUstart it,  and my white hat will be more than obliged to finish the race.   i am a "finisher".

see,  if YOU start it,  i don't get blamed for causing trouble for sport.

you suggested it,  so bring it,   or we get to witness another rediculous excuse why "you can't"

remember, thousands  watch these mini mano a mano's and say nothing

how embarrassing would it be if i was the only one that showed up at the rodeo?

it's arrogant stuff like this that sets the stage for "what i do".

that's on you

"i guess you really need a reality check about this,  because if i did start a thread like that.....no one would post a challenge to it"

I Agree! Based on your own excuse for chickening out, I guess you're right. No one would respond and it would be a waste of time. 

Thanks for the reality check and for thinking up an excellent lame excuse. Thumbs Up

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

light on my feet
                  United States
                  Member #356
                  May 20, 2002
                  2744 Posts
                  Posted: April 19, 2011, 2:31 am - IP Logged

"i guess you really need a reality check about this,  because if i did start a thread like that.....no one would post a challenge to it"

I Agree! Based on your own excuse for chickening out, I guess you're right. No one would respond and it would be a waste of time. 

Thanks for the reality check and for thinking up an excellent lame excuse. Thumbs Up

listen,  i know you can read and comprehend,  so would you like to lie to the reading audience once again that I "chickened out"?

i told you in the last post i am all about it,  ------> should you start it.

YOUsuggested it,  so make it happen,  since you are blathering about it so.

when and if i "chicken out" of that,  then you can righteously call me a chicken.

funny,  you posted in an agressive manner just because you don't like my polar opposite,  and then when i call you on your own bravado,  you run out the back door..... and attempt to blame me.

figures.  it's all congruent behavior.   making claims and insinuations you aren't able to follow thru on (when the meat and potatoe's are put on the table),  makes for pretty common dinner conversations.

in case you "forgot" what i said the last time about your suggestion....

do it, and you can bet your life i will be there...

amerikan,  thanks for illustrating the "why" of what i need to do in here (on occasion),  when arrogance raises it's inability head.

it (semi-unfortunately) falls in my lap to demonstrate it's all smoke,  and no mirrors

9 years.   i have never once been afraid of the chicken farmer.   you can bet my resolve doesn't fade.    ever

there is only one kind of man that even gives me pause......the one that can actually do what they say they will.

so far......you are not "one of those"

you came at me,  so finish what you intended.

United States
                    Member #93947
                    July 10, 2010
                    2180 Posts
                    Posted: April 19, 2011, 3:26 am - IP Logged

@Visiondude:

"speaks volumes about the holidays in your thinking".

The first time I heard that used was by an old painter describing his helper's work.  I'm probably not the first one to use it in this way.  Feel free to copy it!  Smile

Denver, Co
                      United States
                      Member #103046
                      December 29, 2010
                      546 Posts
                      Posted: April 19, 2011, 7:34 am - IP Logged

listen,  i know you can read and comprehend,  so would you like to lie to the reading audience once again that I "chickened out"?

i told you in the last post i am all about it,  ------> should you start it.

YOUsuggested it,  so make it happen,  since you are blathering about it so.

when and if i "chicken out" of that,  then you can righteously call me a chicken.

funny,  you posted in an agressive manner just because you don't like my polar opposite,  and then when i call you on your own bravado,  you run out the back door..... and attempt to blame me.

figures.  it's all congruent behavior.   making claims and insinuations you aren't able to follow thru on (when the meat and potatoe's are put on the table),  makes for pretty common dinner conversations.

in case you "forgot" what i said the last time about your suggestion....

do it, and you can bet your life i will be there...

amerikan,  thanks for illustrating the "why" of what i need to do in here (on occasion),  when arrogance raises it's inability head.

it (semi-unfortunately) falls in my lap to demonstrate it's all smoke,  and no mirrors

9 years.   i have never once been afraid of the chicken farmer.   you can bet my resolve doesn't fade.    ever

there is only one kind of man that even gives me pause......the one that can actually do what they say they will.

so far......you are not "one of those"

you came at me,  so finish what you intended.

"there is only one kind of man that even gives me pause......the one that can actually do what they say they will.

so far......you are not "one of those" "

Oh me oh my, what will I ever do now.

If I don't give you any pause, then don't waste any more time with me, as I will do both of us a favor and I won't waste any more time with you and your challenge as well. Cheers and good luck in your lottery endeavors.

United States
                        Member #105312
                        January 29, 2011
                        435 Posts
                        Posted: April 19, 2011, 8:46 am - IP Logged

Almost got the picking program done! Testing begins tomorrow!Evil Smile

Hoping you success on it Gruu

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                          Dallas, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #4549
                          May 2, 2004
                          1665 Posts
                          Posted: April 19, 2011, 11:30 am - IP Logged

My thinking would have to be on holiday to consider RNG picks the same as Quick Picks.

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #22395
                            September 24, 2005
                            1583 Posts
                            Posted: April 19, 2011, 11:53 am - IP Logged

Just to set the record straight:

This wasn't the first time he chickened out.  EVERY proposal by the "system pick guys" has been rejected.  He has chickened out over and over.

I don't care how many sentences he starts with lower case letters, I don't care how many misspelled words he uses, I don't care how many times he repeats that he never chickened out - he has.  EVERY proposal.  He hasn't done one single test following the rules the "system pick guys" setup. 

They're here in black and white, he can check back to see that he chickened out - but I am sure in his heart he already knows, being he is such an upright guy. 

The odd thing is there are 100s if not 1000s of people that are really pushing their system picks and they are not in this thread.  There are people that think tic-tac-toe is a money maker.  You can find many varieties and they insist on continuing to post them   The wildest push here is that RL said he made a profit for his efforts.  No one here, in this thread, insists that their system outperforms QPs and will do so for anyone using it. 

Rediculous Ridiculous as he would say!

Denver, Co
                              United States
                              Member #103046
                              December 29, 2010
                              546 Posts
                              Posted: April 19, 2011, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Just to set the record straight:

This wasn't the first time he chickened out.  EVERY proposal by the "system pick guys" has been rejected.  He has chickened out over and over.

I don't care how many sentences he starts with lower case letters, I don't care how many misspelled words he uses, I don't care how many times he repeats that he never chickened out - he has.  EVERY proposal.  He hasn't done one single test following the rules the "system pick guys" setup. 

They're here in black and white, he can check back to see that he chickened out - but I am sure in his heart he already knows, being he is such an upright guy. 

The odd thing is there are 100s if not 1000s of people that are really pushing their system picks and they are not in this thread.  There are people that think tic-tac-toe is a money maker.  You can find many varieties and they insist on continuing to post them   The wildest push here is that RL said he made a profit for his efforts.  No one here, in this thread, insists that their system outperforms QPs and will do so for anyone using it. 

Rediculous Ridiculous as he would say!

LOL, what makes this sad is this 'mano a mano' he's been demanding is not someone elses proposal, it's his own. He's the one who demanded the 'mano a mano', not just once, but several times. But where is the platform to accept? What are the rules and guidelines? What games and for how long? What are the criteria to determine 'the winner'? 

If he's serious about challenging the system players on LP, I am sure he'll set it up and invite the system players to participate. But, I'm not doing it for him, this is his challenge, his 'mano a mano'.

Page 45 of 62