Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is a lottery system? What distinguishes a lottery system from guesses, dreams and quick picks?

Topic closed. 918 replies. Last post 6 years ago by mayhem.

Page 48 of 62
PrintE-mailLink
truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
Michigan
United States
Member #22395
September 24, 2005
1583 Posts
Posted: April 20, 2011, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

After reading pick4hawks post today, it got me to thinking about this, I remember you posted this a few pages back. While I agree with you, for the purposes of the lottery I think this is splitting hairs and is a matter of semantics. I mean, you are correct, however I highly doubt there will be a day when lottery players will discuss 'methodologies', or when software will be packaged as such. I think anything that uses data and has a means to filter and package that data is going to be known as a system, regardless of whether it has some subjective elements or not.

IMO, anything other than guesses or quickpicks will probably remain known as a system.

There are words used incorrectly everyday and I would concede that "system" will be the catchall for something not a quick pick.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1954 Posts
    Posted: April 20, 2011, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

I didn't have time to make another filter today, but I did make the one filter a tad more aggressive. Here's tonight's predictions:

7-0-4
    2-6-5
    2-5-4
    1-4-2
    8-2-4
    0-3-0
    8-2-5
    1-8-7
    9-0-8
    4-1-8

Gonna win.Big Smile

Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1954 Posts
      Posted: April 20, 2011, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

415. No hits tonight either. I'll try to have another filter for tomorrow night's drawing.

Gonna win.Big Smile

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
        light on my feet
        United States
        Member #356
        May 20, 2002
        2744 Posts
        Posted: April 20, 2011, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

"i told you that you cannot run with that as an excuse "not to",  because todd could do it"

Why would Todd fill in for me because I won't run with an excuse, even if he could?

Can't really comment on the rest of your post because what I could read made even less sense. Now that I'm fully satisfied your reading comprehension is nonexistent because you can't understand the topic, I won't ask you again to identify the ten lines of MM numbers so you could explain what distinguishes a SP from a QP and a RNG.

"Why would Todd fill in for me because I won't run with an excuse, even if he could?"

somebody needs to,  because your sure not man enough to do it yourself.

i put todd's name into the hat knowing he isn't about to involve himself in this mess,  nor should he.

i put him in there to demonstrate there will never come a day where guys like you can dream up an excuse "good enough" to slither out the side door on a test of integrity against the things you say or claim.

you made the lame excuse i "couldn't be trusted" with my offering being "random enough".

i proved that was a lying excuse,  by offering to go as far as i needed to go to demonstrate my integrity,  because afterall,  you aren't that yellow  to question todd if the numbers he brings are "random enough".

that's where my "expertise" comes in........serving up a helping of what your real integrity looks like, once you begin to spill it.

i have no personal knowledge of how you handle yourself outside lottery post,  but in here,  you are the dictionary definition of exuse-itis.

a real man of integrity never auctions off his integrity,  even in an anoymous place

your current "excuse"  ---------->  you "cannot" make sense of what i wrote.

even someone like you can understand this.......integrity and non conscience lying are an incongruent pair.   

"I won't ask you again to identify the ten lines of MM numbers so you could explain what distinguishes a SP from a QP and a RNG".

that would be a good move on your part,  except you inadvertantly gave me another chance to highlight your "another excuse-itis".

i already answered it before,  but hey........your little "example" above is nothing more than another slimey move on your part to insinuate that i am "incapable" of being trusted to bring pure QP numbers to the challenge.

you used that as another "reason" to avoid it,  and that after i demonstrated i was more than able.

go ahead and pull the string on the back of my neck.   your ego thinks it can keep pumping out lame excuses,  and you are going to ride off into integrity land.

not if you keep stepping onto the stage.

maybe you can come up with some more "reasons" why you won't flesh out your claim,  that the system you mentioned will (according to you) overtake QP's over time.

you always hoped and pushed for a quick get-lucky "proof",   where i always steered you into the ultimate test of time.

YOU made the claim that system could outperform QP's,   and even underhandedly insinuated it was superior to QP's over time.

that's when i called you on it,   you developed another case of stage fright.

i hope this is just a phenomenom that happens only at LP with how you handle yourself,  otherwise you are going to have alot of alone "quiet time" on your hands in your latter years

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7322 Posts
          Posted: April 21, 2011, 12:21 am - IP Logged

Me:  I won't ask you again to identify the ten lines of MM numbers so you could explain what distinguishes a SP from a QP and a RNG.

visiondude:  "i already answered it before,  but hey........your little "example" above is nothing more than another slimey move on your part to insinuate that i am "incapable" of being trusted to bring pure QP numbers to the challenge."

Nope, I said it because you're incapable of answering a question that's directly related to the topic of this thread.

I won't be quoting your entire text if and when I decide to respond either. It's difficult enough on the readers when I quote a line or two of yours.

FYI http://hotword.dictionary.com/capitals/

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7322 Posts
            Posted: April 21, 2011, 12:37 am - IP Logged

415. No hits tonight either. I'll try to have another filter for tomorrow night's drawing.

Don't know what filters you're using but 3 of your 10 lines had two digit matches and you did say you're starting out by trying to get box hits.

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
              Denver, Co
              United States
              Member #103046
              December 29, 2010
              546 Posts
              Posted: April 21, 2011, 12:54 am - IP Logged

Me:  I won't ask you again to identify the ten lines of MM numbers so you could explain what distinguishes a SP from a QP and a RNG.

visiondude:  "i already answered it before,  but hey........your little "example" above is nothing more than another slimey move on your part to insinuate that i am "incapable" of being trusted to bring pure QP numbers to the challenge."

Nope, I said it because you're incapable of answering a question that's directly related to the topic of this thread.

I won't be quoting your entire text if and when I decide to respond either. It's difficult enough on the readers when I quote a line or two of yours.

"I won't be quoting your entire text if and when I decide to respond either. It's difficult enough on the readers when I quote a line or two of yours."

You are too kind, Stack Wink

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

Indiana
                United States
                Member #48725
                January 7, 2007
                1954 Posts
                Posted: April 21, 2011, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

Alright. I have added another filter. I ran the program with just that filter and generated 10 lines for today's midday drawing. Unfortunately, I was 5 minutes late when I went to post them on the prediction board lol. Here they are anyway:

5-4-8
                1-6-3
                3-7-1
                4-3-7
                4-4-7
                5-3-3
                3-6-2
                5-9-6
                8-9-0
                8-6-2

Gonna win.Big Smile

Denver, Co
                  United States
                  Member #103046
                  December 29, 2010
                  546 Posts
                  Posted: April 21, 2011, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

Good luck Guru

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #48725
                    January 7, 2007
                    1954 Posts
                    Posted: April 21, 2011, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

145 on the midday. No hit. That's alright. This is just the beginning.

Gonna win.Big Smile

light on my feet
                      United States
                      Member #356
                      May 20, 2002
                      2744 Posts
                      Posted: April 21, 2011, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

despite my purposeful lack of capitalization (et al),   both the "readers" and you can understand perfectly this is but another lame excuse on your part.

Your just a trite bit miffed i was able to call you on your little underhanded "Number Verification Comparison".

The notation that neither of the combo's had "QP" next to it had no bearing on your "inability" to participate in a fair mano a mano.   

That was pathetic

You have a PM function.  if your too yellow  to put up,  PM someone else to do it.

Since you are so industrious with your excuseology,  maybe you can create a new account, and under a new username you could appear "brave",  and then do it.

Yeah,  "no one" can understand my ability to point out you can't back anything up.   ROFL

I am still here Stack,  waiting for you to serve something up long term. <------------

Your lottery "claim" is like the issing birth certificate of lottery post

Noticed how i capitailized this time,  except the first sentence?   What excuse do you have for us now?

light on my feet
                        United States
                        Member #356
                        May 20, 2002
                        2744 Posts
                        Posted: April 21, 2011, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

145 on the midday. No hit. That's alright. This is just the beginning.

GuRu,  at least you have the guts to throw up your system / numbers for scrutiny in the midst of all this drivel.

i applaud you Hurray! for that

VISION

Denver, Co
                          United States
                          Member #103046
                          December 29, 2010
                          546 Posts
                          Posted: April 21, 2011, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

I thought about starting a new thread, but then decided that my question still perhaps falls under this thread. How do you determine if the system or methodology that you are using is successful as opposed to buying an equivelant amount of QP's or randomly generated numbers? Do you base it on number of hits, on $$ returned, or some other method? How do you know if you're doing worse than, equal to, or better than what you would do if you were just playing random numbers or quick picks? How long of a period of time (or how many draws) would you consider to be a fair enough test?

I'm still new and trying to figure this out, and any input is appreciated.

Indiana
                            United States
                            Member #48725
                            January 7, 2007
                            1954 Posts
                            Posted: April 21, 2011, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

Ok. 10 lines for Kentucky's Pick 3 evening drawing tonight. Once again, just the second filter applied:

6-4-7
                            2-4-8
                            8-7-5
                            3-6-3
                            6-8-0
                            2-7-3
                            8-8-7
                            1-5-8
                            8-2-1
                            0-8-5

Gonna win.Big Smile

light on my feet
                              United States
                              Member #356
                              May 20, 2002
                              2744 Posts
                              Posted: April 21, 2011, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

I thought about starting a new thread, but then decided that my question still perhaps falls under this thread. How do you determine if the system or methodology that you are using is successful as opposed to buying an equivelant amount of QP's or randomly generated numbers? Do you base it on number of hits, on $$ returned, or some other method? How do you know if you're doing worse than, equal to, or better than what you would do if you were just playing random numbers or quick picks? How long of a period of time (or how many draws) would you consider to be a fair enough test?

I'm still new and trying to figure this out, and any input is appreciated.

there are only 2 factors in determining efficientcy,  and that's a side by side comparison for profit over time.

how much time?    that's up for debate,   but at least enough time to be able to legitimately say it was enough time.

probably at least a month in a daily based game.

profit is king on the qualification scale,  because no one here is expending energy toward "loss".

even "less loss" to be honest.

Page 48 of 62