Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is a lottery system? What distinguishes a lottery system from guesses, dreams and quick picks?

Topic closed. 918 replies. Last post 6 years ago by mayhem.

Page 47 of 62
PrintE-mailLink
Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
Indiana
United States
Member #48725
January 7, 2007
1953 Posts
Posted: April 19, 2011, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

361 tonight, so no hits tonight guys. That's alright. We're just getting started.Smile

Gonna win.Big Smile

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7302 Posts
    Posted: April 20, 2011, 12:09 am - IP Logged

"VD calls them QPs even when the discussion is about purchased SPs vs.purchased QPs"

well that's another lie.   being slimey is a comfortable zip code for stack now.

it was never about "purchased" anything,  you just tried that underhanded tactic to slither away from the challenge.

i told you money didn't have to enter the equation to make it legit,  and demonstrated several times how we could without the "purchase factor",  and still have a totally fair scenario.   you ran from that.

then when i called you on it (that i would purchase my QP's),   you ran from that.

you lie for sport now,  and think we are all dumb enough to buy your underhanded senmantics game

"so when VD demanded proof that a mathematically designed wheel functioned as intended, I gave easy to follow instructions for anyone to see".

the only thing i "demanded" was that you demonstrate your claim that they can produce better "results" than QP's by actually putting them UP against QP's over time to prove you were blowing smoke.    you ran from that.

" When he still wanted proof by way of a useless contest, I upped the steaks and that when his yellow feathers really started flying'

that's a lying joke.  i am still here begging you to do it,    but all stack can do is cry to the thin air poleece that "he can".

i called your bluff on your "raise",  and you wussed out

"that's another reason why VD gets zero credibility from anyone except Jimmy".

if you think by "credibility" that i need to be like you in order to BE "credible"?   ...... i would rather be "the only one"

it's a joke when people have to lie,  to tell themselves they are on the right side of the fence

bring it stack,  just like i invited you to do in other threads,  and you wussed out in all of those

"and think we are all dumb"

Nope, just you, Woodie and every time you post, you keep on proving it!

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #22395
      September 24, 2005
      1583 Posts
      Posted: April 20, 2011, 10:26 am - IP Logged

Here's a blog that might be of interest to someone here.

http://www.lotterypost.com/blog/41911

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19824 Posts
        Posted: April 20, 2011, 10:37 am - IP Logged

361 tonight, so no hits tonight guys. That's alright. We're just getting started.Smile

Over the years, many pick3 players after reading my posts about trying to develop a winning system for the jackpot games, PM me to ask why I never tried doing the same for a pick3 game which had much better odds of winning the top prize.  Many of them even thought it would be easier to work with a pick3 game first and move up to the pick4, pick5 and jackpot games after some success.

What they failed to realize is the 50% payback in prize money for all lottery games means winning money back is equally hard and so is being successful no matter which game you play regardless of the odds of winning the top prize.  Good luck on your efforts.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
          Denver, Co
          United States
          Member #103046
          December 29, 2010
          546 Posts
          Posted: April 20, 2011, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Here's a blog that might be of interest to someone here.

http://www.lotterypost.com/blog/41911

I'll be interested to see how she does, I think she's a regular system player?

Thanks to this thread, I decided 3 weeks ago to do my own private test on a Cash 5 using my system picks vs the RNG picks in LP.

I wanted to see for myself whether I was wasting my time or if there really is an advantage to system play over QP's.

My next test will be a Lotto 6/42.

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
            Indiana
            United States
            Member #48725
            January 7, 2007
            1953 Posts
            Posted: April 20, 2011, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

Over the years, many pick3 players after reading my posts about trying to develop a winning system for the jackpot games, PM me to ask why I never tried doing the same for a pick3 game which had much better odds of winning the top prize.  Many of them even thought it would be easier to work with a pick3 game first and move up to the pick4, pick5 and jackpot games after some success.

What they failed to realize is the 50% payback in prize money for all lottery games means winning money back is equally hard and so is being successful no matter which game you play regardless of the odds of winning the top prize.  Good luck on your efforts.

I don't plan on playing the numbers I post until I start to see really good results. Honestly, I'd rather put my money towards the jackpot games, but I've never come up with a system for Pick 3 or Pick 4, so I would like to test it out a bit, see if it's worth while, depending on how often I can get a box hit.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Michigan
              United States
              Member #22395
              September 24, 2005
              1583 Posts
              Posted: April 20, 2011, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

I'll be interested to see how she does, I think she's a regular system player?

Thanks to this thread, I decided 3 weeks ago to do my own private test on a Cash 5 using my system picks vs the RNG picks in LP.

I wanted to see for myself whether I was wasting my time or if there really is an advantage to system play over QP's.

My next test will be a Lotto 6/42.

Yes, she is a prolific writer of systems.  Been here almost 5 yrs And a nice person, also.Wink

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19824 Posts
                Posted: April 20, 2011, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

Yes, she is a prolific writer of systems.  Been here almost 5 yrs And a nice person, also.Wink

Since she is a PLATINUM member and a prolific writer of systems, I was surprised she had never posted on the prediction board.  I'll have to check her blog in a month and see how she rates herself.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19824 Posts
                  Posted: April 20, 2011, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

I don't plan on playing the numbers I post until I start to see really good results. Honestly, I'd rather put my money towards the jackpot games, but I've never come up with a system for Pick 3 or Pick 4, so I would like to test it out a bit, see if it's worth while, depending on how often I can get a box hit.

I Agree! As long as I'm loosing money, I prefer to lose it chasing a $10M+ jackpot rather than $50.

Evil Looking       

Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #22395
                    September 24, 2005
                    1583 Posts
                    Posted: April 20, 2011, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

[O.T.]

That would make a good signature:

"As long as I'm losing money, I prefer to lose it chasing a $10M+ jackpot rather than $50"

pick4hawk's avatar - Trek HAND3.gif

United States
                      Member #19982
                      August 9, 2005
                      226 Posts
                      Posted: April 20, 2011, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

So after 47 pages have we answered what the initial topic was supposed to be about?

Is there agreement upon what exactly is a lottery system ?

I believe guesses and QP are no thought decisions done out of a hat--so to speak.

I believe a system consists of actions made because of certain events.

Hawk

*We may see something that isn’t there because of what we expect to see

Or conversely, we may not see something because we don’t expect to see it.*

United States
                        Member #105312
                        January 29, 2011
                        435 Posts
                        Posted: April 20, 2011, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

So after 47 pages have we answered what the initial topic was supposed to be about?

I believe guesses and QP are no thought decisions done out of a hat--so to speak.

Hawk

Seems to me the question has been answered sufficiently to satisfy my reasons for asking.  There's clearly no consensus on what a system is, but evidently each individual has a firm definition of the concept as it applies to his/her efforts to anticipate future lottery draws, which actually narrows it down considerably while spreading it out over a lot of possible areas of human thought.

A system might involve statistics, internal math, remembering license tag numbers and buying tickets based on them, lucid dreaming of numbers, astrology such as libra dave posts on the mystical forum, sums, roots, splits, Lottery Bibles, anything that anyone chooses to use for the purpose of selecting a group of numbers targeting a future lottery draw result.

A lot of more narrowly defined definitions have expressed and argued for or against, but the number of lottery enthusiasts involved in the discussions on the thread is miniscule compared to the number of people posting 'systems', both in the Lottery Systems Forum, and in other forums including Mystical.  Even the users of the mystical forum believe they are using systems to arrive at numbers they hope will hit.

Meanwhile, no poster on this thread has claimed to be in possession of any math-related 'system' capable of producing results clearly more likely to more consistently hit tonight or any other time than those posted by libra in his astrology thread.  Many believe they can, including me. 

But it hasn't been put to the test in any way allowing verification.

My view is that if such a system exists, or is developed sometime in the future it will not possess ownership of the phrase 'lottery system' any more than it does now.

Something that allows people to predict numbers is a lottery system.

Something that allows people to predict numbers successfully is a different creature of a species all its own.

Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #22395
                          September 24, 2005
                          1583 Posts
                          Posted: April 20, 2011, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Hawk

I have to strongly disagree with any other poster that says otherwise:

A system is something that does NOT involve subjective decisions.  A system is mechanical and it has logical rules that must be followed.  One person enters whatever information or rules are needed and gets the numbers "123."  Another person (or persons) does the same and ends up with the identical numbers "123."  They duplicate exactly your results.

A methodology is partially system and partially subjective.  Something where judgment is applied, even if there are rules in place for part of the method.

Playing a license plate or number that catches your eye is not a system - other than by luck, no one else will come up with the same number(s) to play.  That falls under hunch or lucky guess.  It would be the same as using random numbers. You are randomly walking by a license plate and randomly out of the 100s that you see you pick one to play.

Your choices when buying tickets is a Quick Pick - as identified on every ticket by the lottery commision(s).  Personal Picks can be from a system, methodology, dreams, license plates, RNG, whatever you want.  Those are the two "official" categories the lottery commisions have setup.

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
                            Denver, Co
                            United States
                            Member #103046
                            December 29, 2010
                            546 Posts
                            Posted: April 20, 2011, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

I have to strongly disagree with any other poster that says otherwise:

A system is something that does NOT involve subjective decisions.  A system is mechanical and it has logical rules that must be followed.  One person enters whatever information or rules are needed and gets the numbers "123."  Another person (or persons) does the same and ends up with the identical numbers "123."  They duplicate exactly your results.

A methodology is partially system and partially subjective.  Something where judgment is applied, even if there are rules in place for part of the method.

Playing a license plate or number that catches your eye is not a system - other than by luck, no one else will come up with the same number(s) to play.  That falls under hunch or lucky guess.  It would be the same as using random numbers. You are randomly walking by a license plate and randomly out of the 100s that you see you pick one to play.

Your choices when buying tickets is a Quick Pick - as identified on every ticket by the lottery commision(s).  Personal Picks can be from a system, methodology, dreams, license plates, RNG, whatever you want.  Those are the two "official" categories the lottery commisions have setup.

After reading pick4hawks post today, it got me to thinking about this, I remember you posted this a few pages back. While I agree with you, for the purposes of the lottery I think this is splitting hairs and is a matter of semantics. I mean, you are correct, however I highly doubt there will be a day when lottery players will discuss 'methodologies', or when software will be packaged as such. I think anything that uses data and has a means to filter and package that data is going to be known as a system, regardless of whether it has some subjective elements or not.

IMO, anything other than guesses or quickpicks will probably remain known as a system.

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

United States
                              Member #105312
                              January 29, 2011
                              435 Posts
                              Posted: April 20, 2011, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

After reading pick4hawks post today, it got me to thinking about this, I remember you posted this a few pages back. While I agree with you, for the purposes of the lottery I think this is splitting hairs and is a matter of semantics. I mean, you are correct, however I highly doubt there will be a day when lottery players will discuss 'methodologies', or when software will be packaged as such. I think anything that uses data and has a means to filter and package that data is going to be known as a system, regardless of whether it has some subjective elements or not.

IMO, anything other than guesses or quickpicks will probably remain known as a system.

If, as time*treat suggests, there's an 'official meaning' of what a lottery system is there's been no mention of it previously in this thread.  Certainly the official lottery systems aren't admitting such a thing fitting the definition he's given exists, might exist, or could exist.

Absent an official document from a verifiable source defining what a lottery system is by someone with the authority to define it the definition is left to accepted dictionaries of English usage, which probably haven't gotten around to exploring the concept.

I agree with your last sentence.

Page 47 of 62