Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is a lottery system? What distinguishes a lottery system from guesses, dreams and quick picks?

Topic closed. 918 replies. Last post 6 years ago by mayhem.

Page 42 of 62
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #105312
January 29, 2011
435 Posts
Posted: April 16, 2011, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Ok guys. I made a program that can convert the Pick 3 history to it's same pool equivalent. For example, an input file containing:

is printed to an output file which will contain:

08 16 29
09 15 22
10 16 26
01 11 25
05 16 29
07 20 29
03 19 24
08 20 25
07 14 25
07 18 27
02 19 22
03 13 24
04 17 28
03 12 25
01 14 25
08 13 30
06 19 23
08 18 21
01 15 26
04 20 27
01 19 21
09 15 24
01 16 27
02 19 22
01 17 27
02 18 27
07 18 23
08 16 21
05 13 25
06 11 21
05 17 28
07 11 29
07 15 29
08 13 28
07 12 26
05 16 22
08 18 23
10 17 21
01 17 23
10 16 24

Now I can generate the Pick 3 history to it's converted form quickly. Now I can do my paperwork, then I'll be able to test it out with my system! Wish me luck!Big Grin

Good luck on it Guru

United States
    Member #93947
    July 10, 2010
    2180 Posts
    Posted: April 16, 2011, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

Jimbooble-looble!!!!

Went through three scenarios on this earlier this evening.

1. If it is an honest to goodness scanned QP, with QP at the end of the line, then the winner could only claim Lady Luck shone on them.

2. If it was an RNG there would be no QP at the end of the line, so there would be nothing to say.

3. Either way somebody would be making changes in their lifestyle.

The above reply is to my earlier post below.

Does anyone understand what garyo1954 is talking about?

Was he really addressing MY POST?

Does anyone see the THIRD scenario he refers to?

----------------My earlier Post------------------

If visiondude posted a QP scan and it hit the jackpot, what would that prove?

Alternatively, if someone else posted a scan of a SP and IT hit the jackpot, what would THAT prove?

In which case could we assume the purchaser "went the distance?"

Which one could we call the "bully in the schoolyard playground?"

--Jimmy4164

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1953 Posts
      Posted: April 17, 2011, 12:00 am - IP Logged

Alternatively, if someone else posted a scan of a SP and IT hit the jackpot, what would THAT prove?

--Jimmy4164

It only goes to show that system players have no more obligation to prove anything than what quick pick players do.

Gonna win.Big Smile

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
        Dallas, Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        1701 Posts
        Posted: April 17, 2011, 12:28 am - IP Logged

--Jimmy4164

Jimbooble-looble!!!

The troublesome things about this is they don't put enough strawberries in strawberry ice cream anymore. That's a real concern you should look into.

I missed the 'MY POST' you are referring too. You should post a link. But by now you've used up your link quota for the month, so I'm safe.

Hey! Why not pull your old obfusication routine and ramble for two paragraphs about something else?

You realize you are slipping? I made a grievous error in the Excel file I posted yesterday and you didn't say anything. I made two actually.

I got PMs telling me INDIVIDUAL was not spelled INDIVIDUL. How many were from you?

The major error, you should have caught. I left out one variable that changed the INDIVIDUAL DIGIT count.

I corrected it if you, or any, of the QuickPick Digit Midgets would like to look it over.

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
          Denver, Co
          United States
          Member #103046
          December 29, 2010
          546 Posts
          Posted: April 17, 2011, 12:37 am - IP Logged

It only goes to show that system players have no more obligation to prove anything than what quick pick players do.

I never understood why anyone had to prove anything to begin with.

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
            Indiana
            United States
            Member #48725
            January 7, 2007
            1953 Posts
            Posted: April 17, 2011, 12:48 am - IP Logged

I never understood why anyone had to prove anything to begin with.

Me neither, but apparently, people who you don't even know think they can tell you what you are and aren't obligated to prove to them. What makes their demands even worse is the fact that this is the lottery, which is a form of gambling. When you play, you're playing at your own risk, for your own benefit, and for your own entertainment. So there's people who want you to prove your system works, which you're using for yourself. Green laugh

Gonna win.Big Smile

United States
              Member #93947
              July 10, 2010
              2180 Posts
              Posted: April 17, 2011, 1:18 am - IP Logged

When you are unable to answer a question intelligently, I think it would be better to either ignore it, or simply say, "I don't know."  The last three posters here aren't very easily embarrassed, are they?

As for requirements of proof of the efficacy of lottery systems on an anonymous website, there are none.  However, it remains anyone's right to warn people considering the purchase of lottery system software that they may be throwing their money away, and that THEY should demand proof!   And since unsupported anonymous claims of stupendous winnings can subliminally cause people to have faith in the stuff that IS being sold, I don't feel it is inappropriate to expect proof from those people as well.

Of course, anonymous posters on a public website can choose to ignore or ridicule requests for proof of their claims, and as long as they don't care about their online reputations for integrity, they will!

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                Dallas, Texas
                United States
                Member #4549
                May 2, 2004
                1701 Posts
                Posted: April 17, 2011, 2:42 am - IP Logged

When you are unable to answer a question intelligently, I think it would be better to either ignore it, or simply say, "I don't know."  The last three posters here aren't very easily embarrassed, are they?

As for requirements of proof of the efficacy of lottery systems on an anonymous website, there are none.  However, it remains anyone's right to warn people considering the purchase of lottery system software that they may be throwing their money away, and that THEY should demand proof!   And since unsupported anonymous claims of stupendous winnings can subliminally cause people to have faith in the stuff that IS being sold, I don't feel it is inappropriate to expect proof from those people as well.

Of course, anonymous posters on a public website can choose to ignore or ridicule requests for proof of their claims, and as long as they don't care about their online reputations for integrity, they will!

Jimbooble-looble!!!!

You need to be more specific on who sold you the software and why it was so bad.

Blanket statements like you make is the same as saying, since one cop is bad, they are all bad.

I don't believe that. Do you?

Asking for prove is your prerogative. Providing it is up to the other person. Demanding it is rude. Trashing someone who doesn't meet your demands is, well, like reading customer service return reports where the person trashs, the store, employees, service, and products and then replies 'YES' when asked if they would still shop there.

Likewise, you negate eveything you say because you still post.

Like the little boy who cried, "Wolf!" eventually people won't even pay attention, if any are now.

United States
                  Member #93947
                  July 10, 2010
                  2180 Posts
                  Posted: April 17, 2011, 3:08 am - IP Logged

Jimbooble-looble!!!!

You need to be more specific on who sold you the software and why it was so bad.

Blanket statements like you make is the same as saying, since one cop is bad, they are all bad.

I don't believe that. Do you?

Asking for prove is your prerogative. Providing it is up to the other person. Demanding it is rude. Trashing someone who doesn't meet your demands is, well, like reading customer service return reports where the person trashs, the store, employees, service, and products and then replies 'YES' when asked if they would still shop there.

Likewise, you negate eveything you say because you still post.

Like the little boy who cried, "Wolf!" eventually people won't even pay attention, if any are now.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/229338/2025391

Regarding "Blanket Statements:"

One bad cop does not imply all cops are bad.

ALL software claiming it can make you rich from lottery winnings is a FRAUD!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19828 Posts
                    Posted: April 17, 2011, 8:10 am - IP Logged

ALL commercial lottery software that I've ever seen has a disclaimer somewhere that says "for entertainment only" regardless of the impression you think their advertisements conveys.   I think you should assume a similar disclaimer applies to the posts you read at LP too even if the poster doesn't say it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Denver, Co
                      United States
                      Member #103046
                      December 29, 2010
                      546 Posts
                      Posted: April 17, 2011, 9:48 am - IP Logged

My God, Jimmy, get over it.

How did this thread go from "What is a lottery system?" to"software will make you rich?".

No one here is selling software. This is a lottery system thread in a lottery site and most of us have been trying to disuss that very subject.  No one is selling lottery systems or even claiming that lottery systems will make you rich so there is no need for anyone to 'prove' anything.

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7313 Posts
                        Posted: April 17, 2011, 11:34 am - IP Logged

"If visiondude posted a QP scan and it hit the jackpot, what would that prove?"

It would prove the lotteries are giving away free tickets!

"ALL software claiming it can make you rich from lottery winnings is a FRAUD!"

I've never saw that type of claim but I saw where Steve Player claimed anyone could win $5000 a month using his system. There is a big difference between what a player could do and a guarantee.

Jimmy, you're slipping back into that mode where you're making statements that have been common knowledge for years.

United States
                          Member #105312
                          January 29, 2011
                          435 Posts
                          Posted: April 17, 2011, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

How did this thread go from "What is a lottery system?" to"software will make you rich?".

No one here is selling software. This is a lottery system thread in a lottery site and most of us have been trying to disuss that very subject.  No one is selling lottery systems or even claiming that lottery systems will make you rich so there is no need for anyone to 'prove' anything.

ameriken:  It's gone further than that.  It's gone to,

1] either you recognize my authority to demand you spend your time and effort doing what I demand you do, or

2]  you are a scaredy cat.

One way you've accepted the precedent of his authority to demand you prove you're not a scaredy cat, the other, you're a scaredy cat.

That's some high-level logic and math at work, that is.

United States
                            Member #93947
                            July 10, 2010
                            2180 Posts
                            Posted: April 17, 2011, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

"No one here is selling software."

Are you sure about that?

The following only singles out Mr. Perkis to show that you are not reporting facts.  I'm sure there are others who are better at covering their tracks.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/179425/1997126

If you look up the LP bio of BobP, you will find:

http://www.lotto-logix.com

Could someone explain to me how a "Half Price DONATION" translates into FREE?

BTW, Margate is a more likely place to find this character, not Dumpwater.

Denver, Co
                              United States
                              Member #103046
                              December 29, 2010
                              546 Posts
                              Posted: April 17, 2011, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

ameriken:  It's gone further than that.  It's gone to,

1] either you recognize my authority to demand you spend your time and effort doing what I demand you do, or

2]  you are a scaredy cat.

One way you've accepted the precedent of his authority to demand you prove you're not a scaredy cat, the other, you're a scaredy cat.

That's some high-level logic and math at work, that is.

You nailed it Joe.

This whole thing somehow got turned around. I mean, we're having this great conversation about lotteries and systems and quickpicks, and somewhere in the course of the conversaion someone makes the remark "I've had some success using such and such system". 

A remark like that somehow gets turned into "If you're going claim that the software your selling us will produce a winning jackpot ticket, then you have to prove your claim, and if you don't then you are a chicken and a liar and have no integrity".  Confused

Page 42 of 62