Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is a lottery system? What distinguishes a lottery system from guesses, dreams and quick picks?

Topic closed. 918 replies. Last post 6 years ago by mayhem.

Page 41 of 62
PrintE-mailLink
Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
Indiana
United States
Member #48725
January 7, 2007
1953 Posts
Posted: April 15, 2011, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

Gary

Is fish on the menu tonight or do you have to pick something at random.

RL

I just had fish for dinner.

Gonna win.Big Smile

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
    light on my feet
    United States
    Member #356
    May 20, 2002
    2744 Posts
    Posted: April 15, 2011, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

There's no way for anyone to tell whether or not you're doing what the agreed upon terms say. I think the challenge is unnecessary.

so what you are insinuating is that i could "lie",  or fudge my attempt somehow. 

i realize you guys don't like me, and the opposition against the claims of system play,  but resorting to calling into question a persons character just because "you don't want to" ,  and blaming it on me,  well that's a new low.

if anything,  i have been entirely consistent for 9 years without having to lie once in order to keep my position on the radar screen.

not one time have i ever flip flopped on anything,  and i have a 100% track record of doing what i said i would,  so really what you guys ARE afraid of.....is that i will do it,  and that's why you guys keep running the other direction.

let me just save "you guys" the continued embarrassment of me having to constantly underline your rediculous excuses...

....there will never come a time where any one of you can manufacture enough of an excuse to excuse you out of a heads up challenge. 

i will always have the ability to pull you back into what's true / integrity land

you guys are the ones making the claims,  not me,  so it's up to you guys to back it up.....when you make them...

to illustrate my point,  with your latest excuse....TODD could post the QP's on my behalf from the LP RNG,  or some other arrangement can be agreed upon so you guys can't whine / lie about me.....that i might "lie" about what i bring forth.

this constant machine of excuses is an emabarassment to what you guys claim is "true",  backing right out of it just before the curtain rises.

the solid ongoing truth......is that the only observable "consistentcy" that you guys CAN claim,  is your ability to excuse yourselves out of truths intersection.

you have more in the tank integrity-wise than most here in this thread guru,  and you know you can facillitate an equitable challenge based in integrity.

"it's a lesson in humanity,  watching people of integrity,  lose their integrity,  over something as foolish as wishful thinking"

3rd visiondude 3:7

guys like you LIVE for the challenge,  that's exactly why you pursue the lottery because of the foreboding challenge it creates.  so guys like you would normally do 900's on a skate ramp to get the chance at something like this.

truth is,  the only reason you find it "unnecessary",  is because you know in your heart what i could do to your wishful thinking.

that's why you (or anyone else)  claims its "unnecessary"

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7295 Posts
      Posted: April 15, 2011, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

so what you are insinuating is that i could "lie",  or fudge my attempt somehow. 

i realize you guys don't like me, and the opposition against the claims of system play,  but resorting to calling into question a persons character just because "you don't want to" ,  and blaming it on me,  well that's a new low.

if anything,  i have been entirely consistent for 9 years without having to lie once in order to keep my position on the radar screen.

not one time have i ever flip flopped on anything,  and i have a 100% track record of doing what i said i would,  so really what you guys ARE afraid of.....is that i will do it,  and that's why you guys keep running the other direction.

let me just save "you guys" the continued embarrassment of me having to constantly underline your rediculous excuses...

....there will never come a time where any one of you can manufacture enough of an excuse to excuse you out of a heads up challenge. 

i will always have the ability to pull you back into what's true / integrity land

you guys are the ones making the claims,  not me,  so it's up to you guys to back it up.....when you make them...

to illustrate my point,  with your latest excuse....TODD could post the QP's on my behalf from the LP RNG,  or some other arrangement can be agreed upon so you guys can't whine / lie about me.....that i might "lie" about what i bring forth.

this constant machine of excuses is an emabarassment to what you guys claim is "true",  backing right out of it just before the curtain rises.

the solid ongoing truth......is that the only observable "consistentcy" that you guys CAN claim,  is your ability to excuse yourselves out of truths intersection.

you have more in the tank integrity-wise than most here in this thread guru,  and you know you can facillitate an equitable challenge based in integrity.

"it's a lesson in humanity,  watching people of integrity,  lose their integrity,  over something as foolish as wishful thinking"

3rd visiondude 3:7

guys like you LIVE for the challenge,  that's exactly why you pursue the lottery because of the foreboding challenge it creates.  so guys like you would normally do 900's on a skate ramp to get the chance at something like this.

truth is,  the only reason you find it "unnecessary",  is because you know in your heart what i could do to your wishful thinking.

that's why you (or anyone else)  claims its "unnecessary"

"....TODD could post the QP's on my behalf from the LP RNG"

If Todd is busy, you should ask the Pope or Oprah. I'm sure you'll randomly find someone who will run your RNG showing you proved the same nothing you proved in the VD versus RJ and the VD versus Patrick contests.

Good luck!

light on my feet
        United States
        Member #356
        May 20, 2002
        2744 Posts
        Posted: April 15, 2011, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

"what ARE you guys so afraid of?" 

Really? Afraid? You think that is the only reason why someone wouldn't want to accept an internet challenge from a stranger is because they are afraid?

I mean, seriously, who are you that someone even has to consider taking a challenge? Common sense tells me that not everyone wants to get involved with some stranger beyond a conversation. They may not have the time, energy, or desire to post and follow numbers beyond what they are doing already on their own. It probably has nothing to do with 'being afraid'. 

All this time, all you had to do is just post your random picks in the predictions page for everyone to see and show everyone that your random picks can do just as well if not better than everyone else.

Or is the reason you don't do it is because 'you're afraid'? As you said, 'it's just random picks'. What ARE you so afraid of?

Just because you demand a challenge doens't mean that if someone doesn't take you up on it, it's because 'they're afraid'.

It could be that they simply just don't like you.

yep.   truth is,  you guys are afraid.   

and now, especially because i am anonymous (now that you insinuate some other new angle of excuse).

it's pretty simple,  but i will state it again......i don't run around the halls looking for a challenge,  or "challenging" people for sport.

what i do is counter information and claims,  and generally what happens is some one gets ticked when i question their skills,  just like you did above.

you guys make the claims......i don't.

when some one gets a little arrogant,  just because they don't like having their positioned examined under a reality microscope,  out come their fangs. 

so because that's not gonna fly,  i go into "prove it mode"

not everyone.  just the ones that talk trash, the ones that cross the line from a "maybe" proposition,  into "it's true" land.

that's when i break out my highlighter. 

its a discussion board, with varying opinions / views,  so for some reason you think people are supposed to always sing kumbyah with you on your lottery position.

ahhh nope.

one of the worst moments in this thread among the "it's true crowd",  is the schicken factor got so high,  desperation set in,  and selfishness took over the reins as you guys wanted me to go throw a huge wrench in the peaceful predictions page.

since all "you guys" refused to step up,  you didn't mind HOW MUCH havoc that would have caused,  so long as you didn't have to do it.

me "schicken"?    that's a laugh.   vision ain't afraid of nuttin.

since you are,  tell you what,  i will demonstrate how a man in a position of strength operates. 

you go over to the predictions page and get permission ,  in a majority vote,  and i will be glad to do what i say i will do

you know.....so someone else can do it

"It could be that they simply just don't like you".

trust me,  i came to terms 8 1/2 years ago i will never nail down "most popular poster at LP".

which is EXACTLY another highlight that you guys "can't".     

because if anyone could have,  they would have done it by now  -------->  because they don't like me.

take you for instance.  your irritated enough at me that if you could, you would.

"afraid" is right on the money.

it's simple,  make claims,   but don't get arrogant about it,  otherwise the microscope gets to show what it was designed for.

light on my feet
          United States
          Member #356
          May 20, 2002
          2744 Posts
          Posted: April 15, 2011, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

"....TODD could post the QP's on my behalf from the LP RNG"

If Todd is busy, you should ask the Pope or Oprah. I'm sure you'll randomly find someone who will run your RNG showing you proved the same nothing you proved in the VD versus RJ and the VD versus Patrick contests.

Good luck!

i know.......anyone but you.          because your the king (or queen) of excuses.

that's one heck of a resume,  stack

all talk, no stack

maybe you can expound upon what those small "demonstrations" yielded?

pure randomness where neither QP's or systems prevailed.

just exactly what i have always said......neither can produce "better" results.

maybe your insinuating those little demonstrations weren't long enough to prove anything.

remember,  you are the one that won't go the distance it takes TO definitively show what's what.

i will

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
            Dallas, Texas
            United States
            Member #4549
            May 2, 2004
            1655 Posts
            Posted: April 15, 2011, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

and now, especially because i am anonymous (now that you insinuate some other new angle of excuse).

it's pretty simple,  but i will state it again......i don't run around the halls looking for a challenge,  or "challenging" people for sport.

what i do is counter information and claims,  and generally what happens is some one gets ticked when i question their skills,  just like you did above.

when some one gets a little arrogant,  just because they don't like having their positioned examined under a reality microscope,  out come their fangs. 

not everyone.  just the ones that talk trash, the ones that cross the line from a "maybe" proposition,  into "it's true" land.

its a discussion board, with varying opinions / views,  so for some reason you think people are supposed to always sing kumbyah with you on your lottery position.

ahhh nope.

one of the worst moments in this thread among the "it's true crowd",  is the schicken factor got so high,  desperation set in,  and selfishness took over the reins as you guys wanted me to go throw a huge wrench in the peaceful predictions page.

since all "you guys" refused to step up,  you didn't mind HOW MUCH havoc that would have caused,  so long as you didn't have to do it.

since you are,  tell you what,  i will demonstrate how a man in a position of strength operates. 

you go over to the predictions page and get permission ,  in a majority vote,  and i will be glad to do what i say i will do

trust me,  i came to terms 8 1/2 years ago i will never nail down "most popular poster at LP".

because if anyone could have,  they would have done it by now  -------->  because they don't like me.

take you for instance.  your irritated enough at me that if you could, you would.

it's simple,  make claims,   but don't get arrogant about it,  otherwise the microscope gets to show what it was designed for.

I can't believe this is still going.

Nag, nag, nag, whine, whine, whine, complain, complain, complain and now berate?

Wonder if it was the bully on the schoolyard playground?

Going the distance = posting Quick Picks.

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7295 Posts
              Posted: April 15, 2011, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

i know.......anyone but you.          because your the king (or queen) of excuses.

that's one heck of a resume,  stack

all talk, no stack

maybe you can expound upon what those small "demonstrations" yielded?

pure randomness where neither QP's or systems prevailed.

just exactly what i have always said......neither can produce "better" results.

maybe your insinuating those little demonstrations weren't long enough to prove anything.

remember,  you are the one that won't go the distance it takes TO definitively show what's what.

i will

And why not me?

Any one of you QPs experts could tell in second if manipulated the results.

1. 05-06-16-34-42  + 26
              2. 15-27-45-48-49  + 22
              3. 02-11-41-45-50  + 33
              4. 10-14-18-28-48  + 39
              5. 05-06-27-30-42  + 04
              6. 04-24-43-44-49  + 25
              7. 06-08-23-40-47  + 17
              8. 20-23-33-35-46  + 37
              9. 06-22-34-42-55  + 45
              10. 12-25-41-43-49  + 46

Are they from a RNG or did I carefully construct them to fool you?

"maybe you can expound upon what those small "demonstrations" yielded?"

I already did a couple of pages ago and gave you my sincere congratulations!

*Edited to add: Feel free to play those combos in your next MM drawing; just be aware if you do, they fall into the SP statistic.

*Re-edited to ask: How can a QP become a SP when and SP can't be a QP?

United States
                Member #93947
                July 10, 2010
                2180 Posts
                Posted: April 15, 2011, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

I can't believe this is still going.

Nag, nag, nag, whine, whine, whine, complain, complain, complain and now berate?

Wonder if it was the bully on the schoolyard playground?

Going the distance = posting Quick Picks.

If visiondude posted a QP scan and it hit the jackpot, what would that prove?

Alternatively, if someone else posted a scan of a SP and IT hit the jackpot, what would THAT prove?

In which case could we assume the purchaser "went the distance?"

Which one could we call the "bully in the schoolyard playground?"

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7295 Posts
                  Posted: April 15, 2011, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

Alternatively, if someone else posted a scan of a SP and IT hit the jackpot, what would THAT prove?

What are the expected results if I posted that 46 combo wheel using all 46 bonus numbers that is hiding in plain sight from VD under the systems tab and VD posted 46 RNG picks?

What is the system's ROI, what is the RNG picks ROI, and finally what are the odds against producing a definitive winner?

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                    Dallas, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #4549
                    May 2, 2004
                    1655 Posts
                    Posted: April 16, 2011, 12:20 am - IP Logged

Jimbooble-looble!!!!

Went through three scenarios on this earlier this evening.

1. If it is an honest to goodness scanned QP, with QP at the end of the line, then the winner could only claim Lady Luck shone on them.

2. If it was an RNG there would be no QP at the end of the line, so there would be nothing to say.

3. Either way somebody would be making changes in their lifestyle.

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7295 Posts
                      Posted: April 16, 2011, 12:20 am - IP Logged

The debate of "Quick Picks" versus "System Picks" is going no where because of the tie-up over QPs.  QPs cost real money while an equal amount of predictions cost nothing.   If QPs was changed to "Random Picks" then the debate could move forward without either side having to spend any real money.  I suspect each side already know the outcomes of a few combinations posted at LP aren't going to change their minds because each side base their positions on their experancies over a longer period of time, some going back years.

As a system player I only claim using a system to pick my combinations allows me to do things than can't be done with QPs such as playing all the numbers in a matrix with the smallest amount of lines, avoid picking combinations that have already won, choosing to play only the most or least popular numbers and etc., all of which I believe improve my odds of winning a prize especially when I play more than a couple of lines.

System play is not for everyone especially if they only play one or two lines or play family birthdays, but if they are playing more than a couple of lines then I would think they would want to avoid the things that can happen when a bunch of QPs are bought.

This QP/SP debate should have its own thread since this thread started out to define what a system is.  It seems systems may be nothing more than the ways players pick their numbers other than QPs.

"It seems systems may be nothing more than the ways players pick their numbers other than QPs."

QPs are generally defined as computer terminal picks and can be played using playslips. If a player wants 46 QPs and wants all 46 bonus numbers too, they can mark all the WBs as QP and manually enter all the bonus numbers.

I've talked about payoff potential using some methods, but at the end of the day, it's the player's choice what they feel is the better bet.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                        Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #48725
                        January 7, 2007
                        1953 Posts
                        Posted: April 16, 2011, 11:45 am - IP Logged

Ok guys. I made a program that can convert the Pick 3 history to it's same pool equivalent. For example, an input file containing:

is printed to an output file which will contain:

08 16 29
                        09 15 22
                        10 16 26
                        01 11 25
                        05 16 29
                        07 20 29
                        03 19 24
                        08 20 25
                        07 14 25
                        07 18 27
                        02 19 22
                        03 13 24
                        04 17 28
                        03 12 25
                        01 14 25
                        08 13 30
                        06 19 23
                        08 18 21
                        01 15 26
                        04 20 27
                        01 19 21
                        09 15 24
                        01 16 27
                        02 19 22
                        01 17 27
                        02 18 27
                        07 18 23
                        08 16 21
                        05 13 25
                        06 11 21
                        05 17 28
                        07 11 29
                        07 15 29
                        08 13 28
                        07 12 26
                        05 16 22
                        08 18 23
                        10 17 21
                        01 17 23
                        10 16 24

Now I can generate the Pick 3 history to it's converted form quickly. Now I can do my paperwork, then I'll be able to test it out with my system! Wish me luck!Big Grin

Gonna win.Big Smile

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
                          Denver, Co
                          United States
                          Member #103046
                          December 29, 2010
                          546 Posts
                          Posted: April 16, 2011, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

ahhh nope.

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
                            Denver, Co
                            United States
                            Member #103046
                            December 29, 2010
                            546 Posts
                            Posted: April 16, 2011, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

Ok guys. I made a program that can convert the Pick 3 history to it's same pool equivalent. For example, an input file containing:

08 16 29
                            09 15 22
                            10 16 26
                            01 11 25
                            05 16 29
                            07 20 29
                            03 19 24
                            08 20 25
                            07 14 25
                            07 18 27
                            02 19 22
                            03 13 24
                            04 17 28
                            03 12 25
                            01 14 25
                            08 13 30
                            06 19 23
                            08 18 21
                            01 15 26
                            04 20 27
                            01 19 21
                            09 15 24
                            01 16 27
                            02 19 22
                            01 17 27
                            02 18 27
                            07 18 23
                            08 16 21
                            05 13 25
                            06 11 21
                            05 17 28
                            07 11 29
                            07 15 29
                            08 13 28
                            07 12 26
                            05 16 22
                            08 18 23
                            10 17 21
                            01 17 23
                            10 16 24

Now I can generate the Pick 3 history to it's converted form quickly. Now I can do my paperwork, then I'll be able to test it out with my system! Wish me luck!Big Grin

Good luck Guru. Maybe one day Colorado will get a P3 o P4 game and I can join in on the fun. There's a lot more good stuff out there for 3's and 4' than for 5 and 6 # games. I've got enough info to stay ahead of QP's in a Cash 5, but of course I'd like to do far better.

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7295 Posts
                              Posted: April 16, 2011, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

08 16 29
                              09 15 22
                              10 16 26
                              01 11 25
                              05 16 29
                              07 20 29
                              03 19 24
                              08 20 25
                              07 14 25
                              07 18 27
                              02 19 22
                              03 13 24
                              04 17 28
                              03 12 25
                              01 14 25
                              08 13 30
                              06 19 23
                              08 18 21
                              01 15 26
                              04 20 27
                              01 19 21
                              09 15 24
                              01 16 27
                              02 19 22
                              01 17 27
                              02 18 27
                              07 18 23
                              08 16 21
                              05 13 25
                              06 11 21
                              05 17 28
                              07 11 29
                              07 15 29
                              08 13 28
                              07 12 26
                              05 16 22
                              08 18 23
                              10 17 21
                              01 17 23
                              10 16 24

Looks like you're on to something good and I think it will show some nice results!

Page 41 of 62