Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 2:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is a lottery system? What distinguishes a lottery system from guesses, dreams and quick picks?

Topic closed. 918 replies. Last post 6 years ago by mayhem.

Page 4 of 62
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #93947
July 10, 2010
2180 Posts
Posted: March 27, 2011, 2:53 am - IP Logged

history bears out the truth about what "works" within a specific pursuit about the lottery,  and so far after personal observation of 9 years plus of watching the most talented minds postulate daily that they canno one has.  

like i have stated before many times over - not even with any consistentcy in a 3 number game,  let alone run amok JP odds.

if it could be done,  it would have been accomplished right here,  and it hasn't.  so long as the drawings have integrity,  they never will.

given the latest JP binge,  it got my common sense wheels a thunkin again about the ....."well 70% of the purchases are QP's,  so yeah,  that's why so many JP's are won by QP's".....etc.

which leads to my latest / greatest dismissal via common sense of that non fact,  is that what makes it even more glaringly obvious,  is that if system picks really worked,  they would over take that "70%" like a speeding bullet.

the fact that it remains a 70/30 split tells anyone with common sense  it's pure random, and there is no way to create an edge via any methodology.

history and common sense.  excellant traveling companions on the way to truthville...

I Agree!

Glad to see you weighing in on this visiondude.  It gets lonely here sometimes.  Smiley

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
    light on my feet
    United States
    Member #356
    May 20, 2002
    2744 Posts
    Posted: March 27, 2011, 3:19 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

Glad to see you weighing in on this visiondude.  It gets lonely here sometimes.  Smiley

i saw the subject matter in the "recent posts" column with your sig reply,  and i figured it had juicy potential,  so i read the thread and decided to throw my common sense hat into the ring.

then,  after i jumped on the bandwagon,  i discover it was in the mathematics forum. 

yikes,  i really stink at math.  lol

it's cool,  there isn't enough "math" to overtake common sense concerning the subject matter. 

not when each event is upredictable,  based upon a game designed around integrity,  with built in unbeatable randomness...

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

United States
      Member #105312
      January 29, 2011
      435 Posts
      Posted: March 27, 2011, 6:19 am - IP Logged

i saw the subject matter in the "recent posts" column with your sig reply,  and i figured it had juicy potential,  so i read the thread and decided to throw my common sense hat into the ring.

then,  after i jumped on the bandwagon,  i discover it was in the mathematics forum. 

yikes,  i really stink at math.  lol

it's cool,  there isn't enough "math" to overtake common sense concerning the subject matter. 

not when each event is upredictable,  based upon a game designed around integrity,  with built in unbeatable randomness...

Hi Visiondude:  The uplifting thing about having common sense is that everyone else has it who agrees with each of us and nobody who disagrees with us has any.  Thanks for the post.

United States
        Member #105312
        January 29, 2011
        435 Posts
        Posted: March 27, 2011, 6:29 am - IP Logged

Everything being equal, that means the 30% of tickets bought by players picking their own numbers and playing birthdays are doing equally well/bad. Picking their own numbers hasn't been an advantage or a disadvantage.

I'd say you summed it up.  The purchase of a set of picked numbers instead of quick pick, no matter how the buyer arrived at those numbers would be the only indicator as to whether a system was used.  If a person picked the numbers and won someone would be bound to ask why those numbers were picked.  The answer given might be true, or might not.

If a person bought a hundred tickets at a time, all picked numbers, it would probably be assumed a system was used.

United States
          Member #105312
          January 29, 2011
          435 Posts
          Posted: March 27, 2011, 6:49 am - IP Logged

"But if the investigation bears fruit it's also inevitable the investigator will reciprocate."

I'm not sure who the investigator is in this sentence, and what reciprocate means in this context.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or cute; I just want to understand what you're trying to say.

Hi Jimmie.  Despite the fact Greenfox is always courteous in his posts and mild in his assertions concerning what he's attempting to do and believes he observes he's been attacked by innuendo, ad hominen statements, displays of personal contempt by a number of members.  He's remained mild and courteous, continuing to post his work and ideas without indulging outwardly in reciprocal sarcasm and disdain.

However, maintaining an actual respect for those who use those methods of attempting to badger, bludgeon, shame and otherwise encourage others not to express any opposing viewpoints becomes a challenge.  I was suggesting it's worth continuing to read, consider and encourage the views of others, whatever their methods of suppressing free thought.

United States
            Member #105312
            January 29, 2011
            435 Posts
            Posted: March 27, 2011, 7:38 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

Visiondude says he stinks at math.  He says he has common sense instead.  LP doesn't have a common sense forum so I can see why he chose the math forum as an outlet for his frustrations.  Sorry learning you are lonely.  Hopefully you and visiondude will keep posting here as a means of comfort to you.

United States
              Member #105312
              January 29, 2011
              435 Posts
              Posted: March 27, 2011, 7:49 am - IP Logged

I hadn't noticed it before, but that's what's missing on Lottery Post.  A forum provided exclusively for members to say, "It's all luck!"  "It's all random!"  "No system works!"  "No system can work!" "I have common sense and nobody who disagrees with me has common sense!" back and forth to one another.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10392 Posts
                Posted: March 27, 2011, 9:48 am - IP Logged

I hadn't noticed it before, but that's what's missing on Lottery Post.  A forum provided exclusively for members to say, "It's all luck!"  "It's all random!"  "No system works!"  "No system can work!" "I have common sense and nobody who disagrees with me has common sense!" back and forth to one another.

One system advocate here hitting one jackpot would back you up but it hasn't happened yet.

Considering the number of members of this board, the number of drawings gone by, and the number of tickets played, it should have happened already. So where is it?

Anyone discussing anything to do with any form of gambling that negates the LUCK FACTOR has no credibility.

United States
                  Member #105312
                  January 29, 2011
                  435 Posts
                  Posted: March 27, 2011, 10:14 am - IP Logged

One system advocate here hitting one jackpot would back you up but it hasn't happened yet.

Considering the number of members of this board, the number of drawings gone by, and the number of tickets played, it should have happened already. So where is it?

Anyone discussing anything to do with any form of gambling that negates the LUCK FACTOR has no credibility.

Coin Toss:  You and I have no way of knowing whether some current member or some member in the past has won a jackpot.  The supposition that a member would announce a jackpot won here isn't necessarily supported by any reasonable set of expectations.  Some might actually consider the winning of a jackpot a reason not to shout it from the rooftops on these forums or anywhere else.

Anyone discussing anything to do with any form of gambling that negates the LUCK Factor probably isn't concerned with growing credibility in the eyes of others.  The luck factor is hardly worth discussing in any guise.  Every human being alive is acutely aware of the luck factor in every facet of his or her life. 

Reading through past posts on these forums it's surprising to me how many members believe themselves to be exclusively in possession of an awareness luck exists and plays a part in life and they need to explain it to help others get through more easily.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                    Dallas, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #4549
                    May 2, 2004
                    1848 Posts
                    Posted: March 27, 2011, 10:49 am - IP Logged

Coin Toss:  You and I have no way of knowing whether some current member or some member in the past has won a jackpot.  The supposition that a member would announce a jackpot won here isn't necessarily supported by any reasonable set of expectations.  Some might actually consider the winning of a jackpot a reason not to shout it from the rooftops on these forums or anywhere else.

Anyone discussing anything to do with any form of gambling that negates the LUCK Factor probably isn't concerned with growing credibility in the eyes of others.  The luck factor is hardly worth discussing in any guise.  Every human being alive is acutely aware of the luck factor in every facet of his or her life. 

Reading through past posts on these forums it's surprising to me how many members believe themselves to be exclusively in possession of an awareness luck exists and plays a part in life and they need to explain it to help others get through more easily.

I Agree! This validates CT's signature. "There are two kinds of lottery winners: Those who remained anonymous and those who wished they had."

Very strange turn for this thread Josephus. Yes, it is very possible, a member or a guest has won a jackpot and reading all the horror stories (here) has kept them from posting about it. Since there appear to be enough crooks thieves and scammers who find winners in real life, who would want to invite a whole internet of the same?

The point about the many members should be taken with a grain of salt. RJOH is member #9 in 2001, visiondude #357 in 2002, takeitez #5406 in 2004. LP didn't reach 35000 members until 2006 (lotteybraker is  #34977).

What we can extrapolate is there were less than 1000 members at the end of 2002. We don't know that all of them were buying tickets. But if they were, the numbers were smaller than one rural community out of the thousands in America.

By 2004, there were less than 10000 members. Some of the others have moved on for various reasons. Still not many tickets on the global scale.

By 2006, LP is finally reaching small city status of say 37,000. Many were likely buying QPS too!

The numbers don't add up when someone claims "as many members as LP has someone should have won by now."

Interesting, but it is not something to lose sleep over. I won't.

Josephus, a QP discussion forum would be a hoot!

Discussion would be, "What QP will win this time?"

"Where will the winning QP be sold?"

"What is your favorite QP numbers?"

Hmmmmm........maybe not.

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
                      mississippi
                      United States
                      Member #34478
                      March 3, 2006
                      5906 Posts
                      Posted: March 27, 2011, 11:10 am - IP Logged

well those figures would CHANGE AND CHANGE DRASTICALLY if powerball and mega millions and every state , HOW CAN I PUT THIS SO YOU WILL UNDERSTAND IT..!!!!.. WERE NOT SCAMMING THE PUBLIC...its simple..RANDOM WILL run MUCH FASTER when not tampered with..I have already proven this..

That means all variables missing from the past will run faster BECAUSE RIGHT NOW THEY are showing in those SO CALLED PRETEST DRAWS, WHICH IS WHY THEY DESIGNED IT THAT WAY ..and then..I SAY AGAIN..THEN..people WOULD ACTUALLY BE ABLE to use past data to generate their tickets and have a HIGHER chance of winning...

Take Florida for example..NEVER did pretest the draws until just several years ago ACCORDING TO LP MEMBERS THAT LIVE IN FLORIDA,..but what happened...WHY..well they started their lottery in the 1980's to a little over the year 2000 that created a MASSIVE AMOUNT of data..or what I call a huge RANDOM FIELD..ONE COULD find lots of missing variables from the past ESPECIALLY STRAIGHTS if you knowwhat you are doing..Floridas payouts began to rise..the State began to make less money..so the answer was to destroy the random field that was created from 1980's by start pretesting the draws..

Now I will bet you all the money you have that as soon as Florida started doing that..their profits incresaed and the players payouts went down..BECAUSE the EXACT ANSWER IS RIGHT THERE..why would a state go for years and years and not tamper with the draws..then decide to start tampering with the draws..it was to increase their profits and take from the lottery playing public...

And if MEMORY SERVES ME CORRECTLY..mega millions will not even tell the public how many combinations they take out before each draw..that alone is DECIEVING THE PUBLIC and THERE IS NO JUDGE ON THIS PLANET that has an IQ higher than this artificial plant in the corner of room, that I could not show up in his court room and show him just how MUCH THE LOTTERIES ARE STEALING from the public...

Check this out..

2005 resident population est.: 9,072,576

That is 2005 now 2011 it is 10 mill or VERY CLOSE TO IT..now how many underage lottery players in Georgia..subtract those and all religious people that refuse to play if any..and you will have the lottery playing public..now..just several years ago 2-4..it was stated on the internet somewhere I READ..that the STATE OF GEORGIA MADE FOR THAT FISCAL YEAR PROFIT..was 1 billion dollars...that is a BILLION WITH A  B!!!!..and I dont care how many trips or quads showed that year or how many pic 5's that were were won..you are not going to get anywhere near a BILLION DOLLARS..

so to say every state is SCAMMING THE PLAYERS is a gross understatement..its as simple as adding 2+2 an coming up with 4..if you use data and find missing stuff THAT HAS TO SHOW, then they take out all thosedraws they do not pay people for..well what do you think it is going to do with your research..its going to mess it up and Mess it up BIGTIME..

oh yeah...do this..and this is  just another example and I truely dont believe you would do this unless you want to go to JAIL for a very long time..go to Florida and break in the National Hurricane Center and change the tracts and dates on all the hurricanes that has hit the UNITED STATES past 100 years and see how many people will want to have you tarred and feathered...hahahaha

THAT IS UNTAMPERED DATA that they use to predict the future..oh yeah..they would be BEYOND FURIOUS..and so should the lottery playing public for being taken advantage of..!!!!! The Lotteries answer would be..well these are our laws and noone forces you to play and if you want to play..you will play by our rules..EVEN THAT does not give them the right to tamper with the draws..that is STEALING and has been and always will be AGAINST THE LAW!!!!

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

United States
                        Member #105312
                        January 29, 2011
                        435 Posts
                        Posted: March 27, 2011, 11:10 am - IP Logged

I Agree! This validates CT's signature. "There are two kinds of lottery winners: Those who remained anonymous and those who wished they had."

Very strange turn for this thread Josephus. Yes, it is very possible, a member or a guest has won a jackpot and reading all the horror stories (here) has kept them from posting about it. Since there appear to be enough crooks thieves and scammers who find winners in real life, who would want to invite a whole internet of the same?

The point about the many members should be taken with a grain of salt. RJOH is member #9 in 2001, visiondude #357 in 2002, takeitez #5406 in 2004. LP didn't reach 35000 members until 2006 (lotteybraker is  #34977).

What we can extrapolate is there were less than 1000 members at the end of 2002. We don't know that all of them were buying tickets. But if they were, the numbers were smaller than one rural community out of the thousands in America.

By 2004, there were less than 10000 members. Some of the others have moved on for various reasons. Still not many tickets on the global scale.

By 2006, LP is finally reaching small city status of say 37,000. Many were likely buying QPS too!

The numbers don't add up when someone claims "as many members as LP has someone should have won by now."

Interesting, but it is not something to lose sleep over. I won't.

Josephus, a QP discussion forum would be a hoot!

Discussion would be, "What QP will win this time?"

"Where will the winning QP be sold?"

"What is your favorite QP numbers?"

Hmmmmm........maybe not.

garyo1954:  I hadn't noticed we have membership numbers nor that the numbers and dates of becoming members reflect anything.  An obliquely unsettling piece of information considering the types of posts made and the durations of memberships of those making them.

I like your suggestion about a QP forum..  Those RNG machines at the outlet stores are each a microcosm of a lottery.  Quickpickers could exchange all kinds of suggestions about where and when the best quickpicks could be purchased.

I'm fascinated by the lady multiple jackpot winner living in Nevada, but who won her jackpots in Texas, one from the lotto, others from scratchers.  It's her PHD in math that fascinates me.

The news articles have offered enough details of what she was doing, along with what she was trying to do and they didn't allow it done, along with room to speculate what she might do anyway, to give a person pause for thought.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn she was a previous, possibly current LP member.

United States
                          Member #105312
                          January 29, 2011
                          435 Posts
                          Posted: March 27, 2011, 11:20 am - IP Logged

well those figures would CHANGE AND CHANGE DRASTICALLY if powerball and mega millions and every state , HOW CAN I PUT THIS SO YOU WILL UNDERSTAND IT..!!!!.. WERE NOT SCAMMING THE PUBLIC...its simple..RANDOM WILL run MUCH FASTER when not tampered with..I have already proven this..

That means all variables missing from the past will run faster BECAUSE RIGHT NOW THEY are showing in those SO CALLED PRETEST DRAWS, WHICH IS WHY THEY DESIGNED IT THAT WAY ..and then..I SAY AGAIN..THEN..people WOULD ACTUALLY BE ABLE to use past data to generate their tickets and have a HIGHER chance of winning...

Take Florida for example..NEVER did pretest the draws until just several years ago ACCORDING TO LP MEMBERS THAT LIVE IN FLORIDA,..but what happened...WHY..well they started their lottery in the 1980's to a little over the year 2000 that created a MASSIVE AMOUNT of data..or what I call a huge RANDOM FIELD..ONE COULD find lots of missing variables from the past ESPECIALLY STRAIGHTS if you knowwhat you are doing..Floridas payouts began to rise..the State began to make less money..so the answer was to destroy the random field that was created from 1980's by start pretesting the draws..

Now I will bet you all the money you have that as soon as Florida started doing that..their profits incresaed and the players payouts went down..BECAUSE the EXACT ANSWER IS RIGHT THERE..why would a state go for years and years and not tamper with the draws..then decide to start tampering with the draws..it was to increase their profits and take from the lottery playing public...

And if MEMORY SERVES ME CORRECTLY..mega millions will not even tell the public how many combinations they take out before each draw..that alone is DECIEVING THE PUBLIC and THERE IS NO JUDGE ON THIS PLANET that has an IQ higher than this artificial plant in the corner of room, that I could not show up in his court room and show him just how MUCH THE LOTTERIES ARE STEALING from the public...

Check this out..

2005 resident population est.: 9,072,576

That is 2005 now 2011 it is 10 mill or VERY CLOSE TO IT..now how many underage lottery players in Georgia..subtract those and all religious people that refuse to play if any..and you will have the lottery playing public..now..just several years ago 2-4..it was stated on the internet somewhere I READ..that the STATE OF GEORGIA MADE FOR THAT FISCAL YEAR PROFIT..was 1 billion dollars...that is a BILLION WITH A  B!!!!..and I dont care how many trips or quads showed that year or how many pic 5's that were were won..you are not going to get anywhere near a BILLION DOLLARS..

so to say every state is SCAMMING THE PLAYERS is a gross understatement..its as simple as adding 2+2 an coming up with 4..if you use data and find missing stuff THAT HAS TO SHOW, then they take out all thosedraws they do not pay people for..well what do you think it is going to do with your research..its going to mess it up and Mess it up BIGTIME..

oh yeah...do this..and this is  just another example and I truely dont believe you would do this unless you want to go to JAIL for a very long time..go to Florida and break in the National Hurricane Center and change the tracts and dates on all the hurricanes that has hit the UNITED STATES past 100 years and see how many people will want to have you tarred and feathered...hahahaha

THAT IS UNTAMPERED DATA that they use to predict the future..oh yeah..they would be BEYOND FURIOUS..and so should the lottery playing public for being taken advantage of..!!!!! The Lotteries answer would be..well these are our laws and noone forces you to play and if you want to play..you will play by our rules..EVEN THAT does not give them the right to tamper with the draws..that is STEALING and has been and always will be AGAINST THE LAW!!!!

Lottobraker:  I'm glad you are posting here, but I believe you are mistaken about the lottery administrations scamming anyone.  They aren't in the business to make it easier for someone such as yourself, believing you have a system, to succeed in beating them.  The opposite is true.  Whatever they do to keep you from anticipating future numbers drawn is entirely within the range of responsibilities they're charged to maintain.

But, having said that, I also have a host of reasons supported by a body of evidence that in fact, the .... nevermind, I'm not going to finish that thought.  My credibility would suffer in the eyes of so many from whom I hunger for respect.

I enjoy reading your posts.  Thanks for another one.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19903 Posts
                            Posted: March 27, 2011, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Are you saying considering the number of LP members and the numbers of drawings they have had a chance to play, if they had acknowledged the LUCK FACTOR, one of them would have won a jackpot by now?

Assuming you have included yourself in that group too, all LUCK is not GOOD LUCK.  Millions of folks  have played the lotteries for years and the best some of them have done is to get within one number of winning a jackpot.  That's the kind of luck most don't talk about or others don't care to hear about.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19903 Posts
                              Posted: March 27, 2011, 11:39 am - IP Logged

Lottobraker:  I'm glad you are posting here, but I believe you are mistaken about the lottery administrations scamming anyone.  They aren't in the business to make it easier for someone such as yourself, believing you have a system, to succeed in beating them.  The opposite is true.  Whatever they do to keep you from anticipating future numbers drawn is entirely within the range of responsibilities they're charged to maintain.

But, having said that, I also have a host of reasons supported by a body of evidence that in fact, the .... nevermind, I'm not going to finish that thought.  My credibility would suffer in the eyes of so many from whom I hunger for respect.

I enjoy reading your posts.  Thanks for another one.

.... nevermind, I'm not going to finish that thought.  My credibility would suffer in the eyes of so many from whom I hunger for respect.

Go ahead and express your thoughts knowing that unless you've won a jackpot, nothing you post is creditable.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Page 4 of 62