Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:07 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is a lottery system? What distinguishes a lottery system from guesses, dreams and quick picks?

Topic closed. 918 replies. Last post 6 years ago by mayhem.

Page 7 of 62
PrintE-mailLink
mayhem's avatar - 142g5yd
Fort Worth, TX
United States
Member #106060
February 11, 2011
188 Posts
Posted: March 27, 2011, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

It is not so crazy of an idea. Haven't we learned a lot of what we know today by observing natural patterns?

How you do anything is how you do everything.

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
    light on my feet
    United States
    Member #356
    May 20, 2002
    2744 Posts
    Posted: March 27, 2011, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

Been in Jimmy's Magic Ju-Ju, again?

If we apply your rules of comon sense across the table, then NO QP PLAYER HAS WON A JACKPOT either. 

So then the question is relegated to, "Do LP members follow the standard 70QP/30PP breakdown?"

Anonymous board as it is, there are people who would, and could, take the initiative to track you down from something you post here, or anywhere on the internet if you had something that interests them. 

Amend your statement to "There is no verifiable winner at LP."

That is something we can all agree on.

no sir,  i have been here at LP long before jimmy was a glint in todds eye....lol      (9 years at LP to be exact)

as far as we do know,  no QP player has won either,  but.....that doesn't negate my previous factual statements.

it's not a 70/30 thing anyway that precludes successful methodology,  that's just a percentage-wise fact of how the lottery does shake out based in luck.   70% buy QP's.  it's math that 70% would also win in a random event.

trust me when i say i am not just pro QP.  i am not.  i am not opposed to people playing numbers if that floats thier boat.

the point i am making is no one can create an edge,  and if they could,  it would have been proven by now.

it hasn't.

the anonymous arguement still stands.   yes,  if you inhabit a site that lends itself to stealing ones info / identitity, then yes,  you have a valid point.  but LP isn't one of those,  and you know that,  and so does every other systems players who says "it works",  and then resorts to excuse land. 

not trying to be a glutteous,  but that's a fact.  just as soon as someone demonstrates the simplicity of the facts that systems don't work on the repeatability truth scale,  out come the excuses.

you kinda / sorta insulted todd that his site isn't "secure enough" with personal info should someone win.

that's bogus.

put it this way,  i would put my life and my childrens lives on the line by posting on my JP win on LP,  and be none afraid of being in danger because some loon could "extract" my personal info.

i would be a thousand times be more concerned over pyscho family members should they find out.

todd has created a totally secure sight where that can happen,  and yet no one still has.

tell me,  who is gonna hunt down a "successful" pick 3 player?    there isn't even one of those at LP

there is no varifiable winner on LP,  you are right about that,  but for reasons you are not copping to...

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

United States
      Member #105312
      January 29, 2011
      435 Posts
      Posted: March 27, 2011, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure you're not the only one.  Over and over I see systems proposed and lauded for their short term performance, only to eventually settle to the bottom of the LP Topic listings, never to be heard of again.  And the ones that persist seem to EVOLVE over time, making it virtually impossible to nail down a specification.  This is especially true with Pick-3 modulus arithmetic systems.  RickG was the only person I found who was willing to specify a system in detail so it could be back-tested with a computer program.

Have you noticed that the only responses to my assertion that claiming a system is too complex to backtest is a cop out were just more of the same kinds of claims?  I thought that at least someone would challenge my claims of experience writing simulations.  I'm afraid some people don't really want to know the truth.  They just want to believe they have a better chance than the person in front of them in the lottery ticket line.

P.S.  @Joey:  Lottery data to assist in a better understanding of the universe?  Give me a break!

Jimmy:  Every thread on the lottery systems, Pick 3, Pick 4, Pick 5, Jackpots, and probably some others involves attempts by individuals to understand the universe better, whether they believe they're doing it to exploit monetary rewards by winning, or whether they're doing it for some other reason including mine.  I'm aware of at least one other member who rarely plays the lottery but who has made a 20 year study of them and posts regularly on one of the forums about what she's found to be true in her studies.  She's well respected by those who consistently read her posts and threads.  Which is more than I'd say for those of yours I've encountered anywhere on this site.

This thread is about what a lottery system would be if one exists, can exist.  Differing views of what defines a lottery system have been expressed by a lot of members as intelligent, well educated, adept with computers and determined in whatever they are about as you are in whatever you believe you are about.

But underlying everything contained in whatever a lottery system is if such a thing exists, is a better understanding of the universe.  Maybe only a single facet of the universe, but nevertheless, a better understanding.

If no such system exists the result will possibly still be a better understanding of the universe, but a different understanding.

There is nothing in your history of posts I've bothered to read suggesting you see yourself as not already having a thorough understanding of everything involving lotteries.

What you actually have is a body of material produced by people other than yourself accepted by your peer group as the final answer, repeated backward and forward to one another within your own severely boundaried community, generation after generation, none of whom has had an original thought since you attended your first class somewhere and came home with an A.  From that point forward all you had to do was memorize and produce as a mantra the work of people who did original work and thinking, but almost certainly knew they didn't have the final answers to anything.

That is a human tragedy.  Somewhere under all those layers of concrete and armor there's probably still a seed of the original intelligence that produced the demon in the form of an A on a grade sheet.

light on my feet
        United States
        Member #356
        May 20, 2002
        2744 Posts
        Posted: March 27, 2011, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

This may be a false statement, but since I do not live in a lottery state where I could bring all my knowledge to bare on a daily basis , I will make no further claims, only a statement..

If Memory serves me correctly..Didnt Rickg win littlelotto in Illinois? Rick..if you wanted that kept on the down low I apologise but I do remember reading in the forums something to that effect...

And I also believe that some guy that most LP members did not get along with,ACCORDING TO WHAT I READ when he was posting, hit the 5 white balls on powerball..and there is probably a few other ones that have done quite well also...

I predict that in the next 5 years if that long I will be moving to Georgia..One, they have a lottery and Two...I am a huge BRAVES FAN...hahahaha..Good Luck to everyone today!!!!1

with all due respect,  it doesn't matter if you reside in a state that sells lottery tickets or not.

if you have "the knowledge",  you could display it right here on LP for all the naysayers to see.

the lottery balls have no idea you are using them as an example,  and say if you lived in alabama,  the balls of the georgia lottery would feel honored you used them to make your point.

if it's repeatable,  it doesn't matter what state,  what machine or what balls you use,  you are either can or can't.

that's how it works.

btw,  i used to live in GA,  and i have a braves tattoo, so we have that in common :)

Fort Worth, TX
          United States
          Member #106060
          February 11, 2011
          188 Posts
          Posted: March 27, 2011, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

My dad won the Cash 5 In Texas in 1999. We didn't feel scared. lol. Nobody really cares. People are just paranoid. I feel bad for an already paranoid person to win the lottery....what a hell.

light on my feet
            United States
            Member #356
            May 20, 2002
            2744 Posts
            Posted: March 27, 2011, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

Visiondude:  I've known a lot of people in my life I believed had common sense.  They demonstrated it in various ways involving actually accomplishing things they set out to do by using innovation and sometimes ingenious methods others usually hadn't considered.  Many were poorly educated.  One was mentally deficient, but able to take physical objects in his hands and make them do what needed doing.

They all had one thing in common.  The possession of common sense provided them enough self-doubt to serve as a restraint on the claims they had a right to make about their own common sense.  They didn't strut and posture claiming to anyone willing to listen that they had common sense.

As for your last sentence, where you actually come in is probably not quite in the level of importance you believe it to be where others are concerned.  Most of them will have encountered enough people actually in possession of common sense to recognize it when they see it.

Thank you for the post

knowing common sense,  but then blatantly ignoring it in favor of desperation isn't something to be admired. 

you won't catch me casting the net of restraint,  or being the killer of dreams,  that ain't my deal.

if anything, i push people toward attainable goals,  and not just the ones that were attained previously by another.

i have a fondness for the "previously unattained".          i LOVE that scenario

however,  i don't rule my decision making by emotions,  and that's what we are dealing with here in all factual reality.

the reason no one has demonstrated sustained repeatability,  is because it's impossible in an integrity controlled purely random event.

bears repeating,  i see a ton of excuses,  but no solid proof in all the history of LP just in the 3 number games.

it's an intellectual denial for anyone to attempt to equate it as a "possibility",  by attempting to turn an impossibility into a maybe,  based solely in wishful thinking.

it has everything to do with attainability,  or unattainability in this case.

unattainability is a waste of effort and time.

common sense tells a reasonable man that is the truth.

can you bring us an example of sustained repeatability to prove your point it is "attainable" ?

United States
              Member #93947
              July 10, 2010
              2180 Posts
              Posted: March 27, 2011, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

It is not so crazy of an idea. Haven't we learned a lot of what we know today by observing natural patterns?

Observing natural patterns IS a fruitful enterprise.  The scientific method urges it, but also requires follow up tests of repeatability.  Observing patterns formed by arbitrarily displaying digit counts of RANDOM numbers is not a worthwhile endeavor, IMHO.  I was referring to Joey's alluding to finding knowledge in all the lottery results available here and other places.  If you believe there is something "going on" beneath the visual appearance of the digits being tracked above, then I guess you might believe there is something to be learned from the data.  With the possible exception of studying the popularity of various player selections, I don't think there is any more information in the lottery data than could be gleaned from a database generated with a good RNG.

Note that Joey seems reticent to put his Double Helix observation to the [back]test.

United States
                Member #105312
                January 29, 2011
                435 Posts
                Posted: March 27, 2011, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

knowing common sense,  but then blatantly ignoring it in favor of desperation isn't something to be admired. 

you won't catch me casting the net of restraint,  or being the killer of dreams,  that ain't my deal.

if anything, i push people toward attainable goals,  and not just the ones that were attained previously by another.

i have a fondness for the "previously unattained".          i LOVE that scenario

however,  i don't rule my decision making by emotions,  and that's what we are dealing with here in all factual reality.

the reason no one has demonstrated sustained repeatability,  is because it's impossible in an integrity controlled purely random event.

bears repeating,  i see a ton of excuses,  but no solid proof in all the history of LP just in the 3 number games.

it's an intellectual denial for anyone to attempt to equate it as a "possibility",  by attempting to turn an impossibility into a maybe,  based solely in wishful thinking.

it has everything to do with attainability,  or unattainability in this case.

unattainability is a waste of effort and time.

common sense tells a reasonable man that is the truth.

can you bring us an example of sustained repeatability to prove your point it is "attainable" ?

Visiondude:  You evidently haven't read my past posts, which is okay because I've never read any of yours before you first posted on this thread.  Repeatability would be a favorable outcome to what I'm doing.  But while non-repeatability wouldn't be as personally satisfying, it will be convincing to me, which is sufficient to justify the effort and time involved within my value system and priorities.

The fact you believe you have common sense and that common sense tells you something about lottery draws probably impresses all the members who don't believe they have common sense and need you to explain what common sense says about lotteries.  In all likelihood there's nobody in their circle of physical acquaintances, friends, family, to whom they can turn for a solid view of what common sense says about the lotteries.  They are driven to seek the advice of complete strangers about whom they know nothing to explain what is printed on the backs of their betslips, published on every FAQ of a lottery website and sung as vespers by people similar to yourself in every restaurant, barbershop and jobsite in America.

Maybe you are correct in saying lottery systems cannot exist.  If so it won't be because you've arrived at the belief through anything approaching an unbiased study of the subject.  It will be because you believe you have common sense, of which the people posting here who believe otherwise have none.

That says a lot about you as a person, but it says absolutely nothing about lotteries and it says nothng about common sense.

United States
                  Member #105312
                  January 29, 2011
                  435 Posts
                  Posted: March 27, 2011, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

Observing natural patterns IS a fruitful enterprise.  The scientific method urges it, but also requires follow up tests of repeatability.  Observing patterns formed by arbitrarily displaying digit counts of RANDOM numbers is not a worthwhile endeavor, IMHO.  I was referring to Joey's alluding to finding knowledge in all the lottery results available here and other places.  If you believe there is something "going on" beneath the visual appearance of the digits being tracked above, then I guess you might believe there is something to be learned from the data.  With the possible exception of studying the popularity of various player selections, I don't think there is any more information in the lottery data than could be gleaned from a database generated with a good RNG.

Note that Joey seems reticent to put his Double Helix observation to the [back]test.

Jimmy:  Feel free to put it to the test.  I made no claims about it except how to produce it.  I certainly didn't claim it provided a lottery system.  I might have claimed it produced another way to examine lottery draw results.  It does.  And after I've examined it more closely I will certainly test it if I believe testing is justified.

Your fetish about how other people should expend their energies and what they should post is duly noted and assigned the level of respect it has earned.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                    San Angelo, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #1097
                    January 31, 2003
                    1405 Posts
                    Posted: March 27, 2011, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

WOW!

You guys really know how to keep a topic going.

While no specific systems, or persons, have been mentioned, I've noticed some negative comments about
                    the value, or lack of value, of the systems and workouts that are posted here in LP.

I created a workout I call Gap Strategy.
                    It's a workout that used draw results to generate a series of data streams that I know will help a player
                    pick numbers to play.

GS is not a lottery number generator per se. That is, it doesn't have a feature that can be activated
                    to produce combinations ready for play.

I may be a little paranoid today, but if any of the comments pertain to Gap Strategy, I wish you  would
                    be more specific.  If you have tried and found the workout to be a waste of time, etc., please
                    tell me where the faults are. Maybe I can fix them.

Otherwise, keeping shooting at one another. These circular arguments get interesting at times.

Thanks for a reply

Bobby623

United States
                      Member #105312
                      January 29, 2011
                      435 Posts
                      Posted: March 27, 2011, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

WOW!

You guys really know how to keep a topic going.

While no specific systems, or persons, have been mentioned, I've noticed some negative comments about
                      the value, or lack of value, of the systems and workouts that are posted here in LP.

I created a workout I call Gap Strategy.
                      It's a workout that used draw results to generate a series of data streams that I know will help a player
                      pick numbers to play.

GS is not a lottery number generator per se. That is, it doesn't have a feature that can be activated
                      to produce combinations ready for play.

I may be a little paranoid today, but if any of the comments pertain to Gap Strategy, I wish you  would
                      be more specific.  If you have tried and found the workout to be a waste of time, etc., please
                      tell me where the faults are. Maybe I can fix them.

Otherwise, keeping shooting at one another. These circular arguments get interesting at times.

Thanks for a reply

Bobby623

Bobby623:  Thank you.  I can't describe how much I've been enjoying the exchanges between visiondude, jimmie and myself, but you are correct.  It's unconscionable thread drift.

I apologize for my end of it.

I've read and enjoyed your posts on the other forum about the gap system.  I consider it a commendable effort on your part, an interesting series of threads and entirely worthy of applause.  I haven't posted there because I couldn't think of anything I considered capable of adding to what was already being posted.

Thanks for pointing out the morass I was allowing myself to become submerged in.

And thanks for the Gap System threads which are far more worth the time in reading.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                        Dallas, Texas
                        United States
                        Member #4549
                        May 2, 2004
                        1844 Posts
                        Posted: March 27, 2011, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

no sir,  i have been here at LP long before jimmy was a glint in todds eye....lol      (9 years at LP to be exact)

as far as we do know,  no QP player has won either,  but.....that doesn't negate my previous factual statements.

it's not a 70/30 thing anyway that precludes successful methodology,  that's just a percentage-wise fact of how the lottery does shake out based in luck.   70% buy QP's.  it's math that 70% would also win in a random event.

trust me when i say i am not just pro QP.  i am not.  i am not opposed to people playing numbers if that floats thier boat.

the point i am making is no one can create an edge,  and if they could,  it would have been proven by now.

it hasn't.

the anonymous arguement still stands.   yes,  if you inhabit a site that lends itself to stealing ones info / identitity, then yes,  you have a valid point.  but LP isn't one of those,  and you know that,  and so does every other systems players who says "it works",  and then resorts to excuse land. 

not trying to be a glutteous,  but that's a fact.  just as soon as someone demonstrates the simplicity of the facts that systems don't work on the repeatability truth scale,  out come the excuses.

you kinda / sorta insulted todd that his site isn't "secure enough" with personal info should someone win.

that's bogus.

put it this way,  i would put my life and my childrens lives on the line by posting on my JP win on LP,  and be none afraid of being in danger because some loon could "extract" my personal info.

i would be a thousand times be more concerned over pyscho family members should they find out.

todd has created a totally secure sight where that can happen,  and yet no one still has.

tell me,  who is gonna hunt down a "successful" pick 3 player?    there isn't even one of those at LP

there is no varifiable winner on LP,  you are right about that,  but for reasons you are not copping to...

Wow! I leave for a nice lunch and the firecrackers come out!

FIRST, let me be very clear, on the asinine statement that I 'kinda/sorta insulted Todd.'

This site is ONE small blip of the internet, and most certainly Todd is aware of the pitfalls, the scammers, spammers and con artists who use the internet to find victims. Whatever securities Todd has in place are with good reason. The improvements Todd has made over the years, and the precautions he continues to make are with good reason.

THERE WAS NO INTENT TO INSULT THIS SITE, OR TODD, IN ANYTHING I SAID. And anything you misread is your personal misconception. Noting you used the term "extract personal information" leads me to believe you are, perhaps, more aware than you care to admit.

Two years ago the Dallas Cowboys Forum was literally wiped out by, what was thought, a rival team fan obliterating member records. Members had to sign up again. At the ABC forum, a forum for fans to discuss television shows no less, an individual obtained and POSTED, names, addresses and phone numbers of some of its members. Yahoo? Service interrupted by hackers. Google? Service interrupted by hackers. Credit card companies. Been hacked. Use that common sense. 

A couple of months ago there was a post here where a guy learned a friend's family was getting a new home and checked the state lottery winners suspecting they had won a considerable amount of money. With some states posting your info on the internet, it isn't like someone would have to search terribly hard (unless they live in another country). You can read the News fo about the Mexican national stalking $27 million winners in Montreal; or the lottery winner being buried in concrete.

As for the rest of your post, the only thing you can say with any degree of certainty is there has been no verifiable jackpot winner. There are plenty of winners posted in the Post Your Winning Ticket Here thread in Discussion fo.

Sheesh. I had a great time at lunch. Ended up picking up a hitchhiker who had vehicle trouble and taking him home. He may be an LP member too, but I'm not telling him if I win a jackpot.

light on my feet
                          United States
                          Member #356
                          May 20, 2002
                          2744 Posts
                          Posted: March 27, 2011, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

Visiondude:  You evidently haven't read my past posts, which is okay because I've never read any of yours before you first posted on this thread.  Repeatability would be a favorable outcome to what I'm doing.  But while non-repeatability wouldn't be as personally satisfying, it will be convincing to me, which is sufficient to justify the effort and time involved within my value system and priorities.

The fact you believe you have common sense and that common sense tells you something about lottery draws probably impresses all the members who don't believe they have common sense and need you to explain what common sense says about lotteries.  In all likelihood there's nobody in their circle of physical acquaintances, friends, family, to whom they can turn for a solid view of what common sense says about the lotteries.  They are driven to seek the advice of complete strangers about whom they know nothing to explain what is printed on the backs of their betslips, published on every FAQ of a lottery website and sung as vespers by people similar to yourself in every restaurant, barbershop and jobsite in America.

Maybe you are correct in saying lottery systems cannot exist.  If so it won't be because you've arrived at the belief through anything approaching an unbiased study of the subject.  It will be because you believe you have common sense, of which the people posting here who believe otherwise have none.

That says a lot about you as a person, but it says absolutely nothing about lotteries and it says nothng about common sense.

"If so it won't be because you've arrived at the belief through anything approaching an unbiased study of the subject".

well that's not even in the ballpark as far as a truthful statement. 

granted,  you don't know me,  or until yesterday,  you have never encountered my fact based "common sense",  but i will factually lay it out again,  knowing you didn't miss it the first time.

i made the factual  statement that in all of the history of LP...... no one ........has ever demonstrated sustained repeatability, not even in the minor leagues of pick 3 games.    not one.

trust me,  i have devoted tons of time and pages to allow for the opportunity for someone to prove that assertion wrong.

no one ever has. 

can't count how many times i gave the invitation to anyone to go outside of LP,  and showcase the skills of anyone, including the so called wizards of systems sellers.  still no one.

what a stage for a system seller to have,  common sense wispers to itself.

still no one

so you see,  much to your assertion,  i have actually arrived at common sense land because OF the study of the subject matter,  having proved my assertion time again for years with zero challenge by people who claim they can.

and nope,  you cannot assert a blanket of bias over my position,  because i already stated i am not pro QP,  nor am i opposed to numbers players,  nor am i opposed to the furtherance of thought and accomplishment.

i would LOVE for someone to prove me wrong,  and wouldn't mind at all when i need to change my position on it,  should someone accomplish their claim.

" That says a lot about you as a person, but it says absolutely nothing about lotteries and it says nothng about common sense". 

i sure does say alot about me,  that i am not ruled by emotion or worse yet,  wishful thinking.

and it says everything that needs to be said about how common sense can be congruent with lottery play.

you chase things in life that are attainable,  and you steer clear of things that aren't,   that way you have a more efficient life,  and more efficientcy in your peripheral relationships.

think of all the money and time people waste chasing something they can't manufacture or manipulate on outcome to.

you wanna be a partner to that?   fine,  but at least find these people the "person" you say can do this.

let's go further back than LP's inception,  all the way back in history as far as wikipedia will take you......still there has never been one person that can demonstrate sustained repeatability in an integrity based lottery in all of history.

history adores my "common sense"

my facts of observational history back up my claims,  while you do not have one example to the contrary in your possession. 

all you possess (at this conversation) is wishful thinking

Fort Worth, TX
                            United States
                            Member #106060
                            February 11, 2011
                            188 Posts
                            Posted: March 27, 2011, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

I picked up a hitchhiker once on my way home from Plano. It was in the middle of the night and he was barefoot. Walking down the edge of 121 no less. I pulled over and let him in. Turns out he was 20 and woke up in jail not knowing how he got there. The logical thing to do at this point was to get liquored up and go four-wheeling on front lawns of suburbia. lol. That and make jokes about being a serial killer. I love hitchhikers...

light on my feet
                              United States
                              Member #356
                              May 20, 2002
                              2744 Posts
                              Posted: March 28, 2011, 12:04 am - IP Logged

Bobby623:  Thank you.  I can't describe how much I've been enjoying the exchanges between visiondude, jimmie and myself, but you are correct.  It's unconscionable thread drift.

I apologize for my end of it.

I've read and enjoyed your posts on the other forum about the gap system.  I consider it a commendable effort on your part, an interesting series of threads and entirely worthy of applause.  I haven't posted there because I couldn't think of anything I considered capable of adding to what was already being posted.

Thanks for pointing out the morass I was allowing myself to become submerged in.

And thanks for the Gap System threads which are far more worth the time in reading.

oh geeze,  here comes the excuses now because we have brought you to the intersection of truth vs wishful thinking.

this always happens when you present the "other side" that systems don't work,  and then you get accused of going off topic, or some sort of diversionary tactic.

what jimmy and i stated with you is 100% right on topic pertinent to the threads title.

"we" have yet to be presented with any factual information that leads us to believe anything works beyond luck or fate.

that was our "hat" into this ring,  so to speak...

Page 7 of 62