Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mathematics and the Lottery

650 replies. Last post 6 hours ago by RJOh.

Page 33 of 44
PrintE-mailLink

Can a winning lottery system be created with existing math formulas?

Yes-It's all in the math books. [ 228 ]  [43.02%]
No-Anew math for will have to be created. [ 78 ]  [14.72%]
Math won't beat the lottery regularly. [ 224 ]  [42.26%]
Total Valid Votes [ 530 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 54 ]  

Guests cannot vote  ( Log In | Register )

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
Member #5599
July 13, 2004
1185 Posts
Posted: May 8, 2014, 12:00 am - IP Logged

RL-RANDOMLOGIC said above,

"Most serious system players are not going to just give away that which they have worked on for years."

This raises a serious question.  If he subscribes to what he said here, WHY would he go to such great lengths, sometimes going into excrutiating detail, trying to teach people how his "system" works, how to use it, and how they can expect to profit from it?  WHY?

WHY?

--Jimmy4164

Jimmy,

Give RL some space on that point. He is the only one who had the guts to fully put himself and his system out there. Not only that, he provided and application for every body then supported it. I for one am grateful for everything he did. Please note that I didn't agree with the approach he used, but the thoroughness and support he gave was simply outstanding. I dare anyone to try to match it or better it.

Serge,

Your right, I should have not made it difficult on you...sorry.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

United States
    Member #93947
    July 10, 2010
    2180 Posts
    Posted: May 8, 2014, 2:17 am - IP Logged

RL-RANDOMLOGIC said above,

"Most serious system players are not going to just give away that which they have worked on for years."

This raises a serious question.  If he subscribes to what he said here, WHY would he go to such great lengths, sometimes going into excrutiating detail, trying to teach people how his "system" works, how to use it, and how they can expect to profit from it?  WHY?

WHY?

--Jimmy4164

JKING,

I didn't question the fact that RL-RANDOMLOGIC put himself and his system out there.  This should be clear from my post above.

My question was WHY he would do that.

bobby623,

Have you Googled "math detective lottery"?

--Jimmy4164

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
      mississippi
      United States
      Member #34478
      March 3, 2006
      5903 Posts
      Posted: May 8, 2014, 6:13 am - IP Logged

There was some added remarks on that thread so I am not sure who wrote this...but I wanted to correct it..because if I read this right...I KNOW ITS WRONG...

(The only record of lottery digit history is the pairs) 

NOW that STATEMENT is ABSOLUTELY WRONG...I will INFORM YOU that there are 2 other FIELDS running with your PAIRS....AND YOU HAVE.....

0-9  SINGLE DIGITS...AND THEY HOLD AS MUCH needed INFORMATION AS YOUR pairs..

00-99...A PAIR...those to also have much needed information for the game you are playing...

000-999...NOW THIS IS THE set I like to work in...it gives me all 3 digits so I dont have to worry about trying to find the x in 27x...

NOW all 3 are important to every player...and not trying to put your system down...but REALLY AND TRUELY you should try to INCORPORATE anything and everything you can find that will PRODUCE ALL 3 DIGITS AT ONCE so you dont have to GUESS WHAT X will be...or you could buy STEVE PLAYERS SYSTEM where he, she or they PROBABLY PLAYS 100'S of numbers at a time...like that man in FLORIDA who owned his on Biz....a profitable one at that...had the finacial means to PURCHASE LARGE AMOUNTS OF TICKETS and won a couple of jackpots like STEVE PLAYER DOES...then he decided to write a book and tell everyone how to win....if you have DEEP POCKETS LIKE THAT...YOU WILL WIN money everyday betting on something..

AND YES I have been very vocal about MATH and the LOTTERY...and to be honest...I DONT THINK I AM WRONG...THERE IS NOWAY ON THIS EARTH a mathematical formula can account for all the movements of the balls...FOR THE PAYING DRAW...which ever drawing that turns out to be...then TAKE INTO ACCOUNT...all the draws they take out of the machines that they dont pay any money on...now..do any of you honestly think MATH can compensate for all of that stuff going on....I dont think there is anyway possible!!!!!

AND YES IT IS TRUE...no one likes to share what they have spent years on researching.....ever since 2006 when I joined this site I have read story after story about people taking information from this site to other sites...some of them claiming it as their own...that is ONE REASON WHY I didnt want to release anything I had...the internet is full of thieves and liars...just google lottery systems and see what comes up...there is more bullcrap out there than you can shake a stick at...and 99% of them people couldnt find their own a$$ if they used both of their hands...

NOW FOR ALL YOU PIC 3 AND PIC 4 PLAYERS...I AM GOING TO MAKE A BOX RUN FOR EVERY STATE THERE IS..IT WILL BE IN THE PIC 3 FORUM...LIKE I SAID...ITS JUST A BOX RUN....BUT IF YOU HAVE A HARD TIME PICKING OUT NUMBERS TO PLAY...HAVE A LOOK AT YOUR STATE...WRITE THEM DOWN AND KEEP THEM WITH YOU WHEN YOU GO TO THE STORE..AND IF YOU FEEL LIKE IT...PLAY SOME OF THEM...YOU MIGHT GET LUCKY...BECAUSE...I WILL TELL  YOU ONETHING FOR CERTAIN!!!!!!!I WILL NOT MISS THEM ALL...YOU CAN BET ON THAT!!!!!

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

bobby623's avatar - abstract
        San Angelo, Texas
        United States
        Member #1097
        January 31, 2003
        1394 Posts
        Posted: May 8, 2014, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Jimmy4164

Yes, I visited the math detective lottery page.
        I agree that Steve Player's Pick 4 wins in N.H. could be a composite.
        Lotteries involve ton of money, ton of money attracts the Mob and other thieves.
        But, it would be impossible to prove.
        Folks should read the company literature carefully. There is a gimmick in every letter I've ever received from them.
        Boasting about wins not a good idea, in my opinion.
        My point is that people are winning lotteries with self picks based on some sort of method.
        Consider this:
        Recently, 892 winning tickets were sold in a Texas Pick 3 drawing, according to a public sales report.
        There were 49 Exact winners, 497 Box winners, 74 Exact/Box winners and 16 Combo winners.
        The report doesn't differentiate between Quick Pick and Self Pick winners, but it would be rather stupid to think
        all the wins were generated by terminal RNGs, particularly because I bought several self picks for the drawing,
        and won $40, I might add.

Substitution Methods

You were quick to condemn substitution, which means, you are so anti-lottery that you didn't give it any real
        thought.
        So be it.
        I need some help with my data base. I doubt you have any to offer.
        Thanks, anyway.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
          Member #59354
          March 13, 2008
          3972 Posts
          Posted: May 8, 2014, 11:17 am - IP Logged

JKING,

I didn't question the fact that RL-RANDOMLOGIC put himself and his system out there.  This should be clear from my post above.

My question was WHY he would do that.

bobby623,

Have you Googled "math detective lottery"?

--Jimmy4164

Guys

Just tossing out a few bones, I have said it many times, I only post stuff that is a couple generations old.

I still use digits and most likely always will but when I post something it's old news to me.  Stick around a

few more years maybe I will toss out something a little newer.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

San Angelo, Texas
            United States
            Member #1097
            January 31, 2003
            1394 Posts
            Posted: May 8, 2014, 11:23 am - IP Logged

Lotterybraker

You took the "only record of lottery digit  history is the pairs" out of context.

I was writing about substitution where, in practical terms, the winning lottery digits drive the workout.
            The action is by the 'substitute digits' which are divided into three major groups.
            The only record needed of winning combinations is one that tracks the lottery digits.
            There are NO mathematics because the workout is based on tracking charts and data TRENDS.
            There are no whole combinations, triples or pairs to analyze.
            Combinations are 'hand made, digit by digit, as dictated by base structures.
            The workout is not a prediction system.

Just about everything you say in your post is applicable to "traditional" lottery analysis.
            The stuff that people have been using for 40 plus years.
            Substitution is not a 'traditional' means of playing the lottery.
            You should try it.

Bobby623

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
              Athens
              Greece
              Member #133234
              September 24, 2012
              188 Posts
              Posted: May 8, 2014, 11:26 am - IP Logged

I would *really like* to participate in this conversation extensively... express fluently my point of view, quote, debate, etc... but I don't have the 'luxury' of free time to do so right now.

Long story short...

Double Kudos to RL for his ideas in general regarding 'Lottery', his programs and, the fact that he made them available for 'all'. As a programmer I know how it is to 'bleed' you fingers on keyboards. I've been doing it for 33 years since I started when I was a kid at the age of 10. Last but no least. DMP is a *great program* should you know how to use it; causing 'conflicts' between some, or 'specific' filters with their high / low values for instance, won't really help... just an example. Besides, it is not the car that makes the difference - the driver does.

Life is Math; plain and simple.

I strongly believe - and I've written this here before - that LOTTERY POST is the best 'community' for folks who like and enjoy playing Lottery Games in general. It is also the biggest 'Library' that contains all the information a Lottery Player could ever ask for; not to mention the benefits that are second to none of course. Some people 'copy & paste' material found here elsewhere; I am *AGAINST* that sort of thing by all means; but, knowledge is where the true power lies hidden and, there will be always some who will try to take advantage of it...

The Internet is full of BS 'Lottery Gurus, Analysts, Advisors, Amazing Discoveries & Systems'... you name it - the list goes on and on... and on. Think twice before doing something you might later regret...

y'all take care for now... best wishes...

6/49 dis(assembly)

San Angelo, Texas
                United States
                Member #1097
                January 31, 2003
                1394 Posts
                Posted: May 8, 2014, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

About every 2 or 3 months, I get the notion that there might be someone who visits LP regularly who would offer to help
                those of us who aren't so smart - when it comes to lottery games, workouts, schemes, coding, and what not.
                I've done this before.
                And like before, I'm going to step back because, with a few exceptions, it's clear that folks are not here to help anyone - just themselves.
                But, that's life. Self preservation and self interest rule the day.
                One of my grand kids got me a Netflix account.
                Wow! Lots of TV shows and movies. Think I'll watch all the old Breaking Bad and Walking Dead shows.
                I'm going to be busy. I just hope my eyesight doesn't fail!
                I've pretty well stated the reasons for my current participation in this comedy. No sense in repeating anything.
                I have a paper and pencil workout. It works, now and then.
                Automation would help.
                RJOH suggests I learn programming, as he did.
                Well, I tried that but one needs a pretty sharp memory for that. Mine seems to fail, now and then.

I realize, as riscknight said, that there is danger in offering anything of value at this site.
                I've never intended to present the whole workout. I've deliberately omitted some important procedures.
                There are other, more confidential means of communicating, when needed.

Again, like riscknight said: Y'all take care for now ... best wishes.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19830 Posts
                  Posted: May 9, 2014, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

About every 2 or 3 months, I get the notion that there might be someone who visits LP regularly who would offer to help
                  those of us who aren't so smart - when it comes to lottery games, workouts, schemes, coding, and what not.
                  I've done this before.
                  And like before, I'm going to step back because, with a few exceptions, it's clear that folks are not here to help anyone - just themselves.
                  Wow! Lots of TV shows and movies. Think I'll watch all the old Breaking Bad and Walking Dead shows.
                  I've pretty well stated the reasons for my current participation in this comedy. No sense in repeating anything.
                  Automation would help.
                  Well, I tried that but one needs a pretty sharp memory for that. Mine seems to fail, now and then.

I realize, as riscknight said, that there is danger in offering anything of value at this site.
                  I've never intended to present the whole workout. I've deliberately omitted some important procedures.

"RJOH suggests I learn programming, as he did."

I suggested you learn programming as I'm doing all over again since everything I learned in the older versions of Basic(GWBasic) isn't worth knowing now that Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft. 

I down loaded a free copy of JustBasic and after a couple of days studying it tried to covert one of GWBasic program and found out they may look similar but they're very different lanuages, for one thing there is no way to covert the DATA and READ instructions in GWBasic to JustBasic.  The program has to be rewritten in a completely different way. JB came with a six week tutorial and I'll probably need every bit of those weeks and then some before I start converting any of my programs to run in the newer versions of Windows.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                    Member #59354
                    March 13, 2008
                    3972 Posts
                    Posted: May 9, 2014, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

I've done this before.
                    Automation would help.

Bobby

I don't think it's a lack of interest, it's a lack of time.  Most lottery programmers have a very long to do list.

It's not easy bouncing around trying to understand something new let alone start another new project

that may or may not pan out.  I have about a dozen projects going right now and several more coming.

A small portion of these are lottery related and I have had to put most of my stuff on hold.  The lottery

is just a hobby but if I could afford it I would crunch numbers full time.   Many past attempts have gone 

south but it's amazing how much one can gain from these failures.  Don't give up on what your doing 

even if you have to go it alone using pen and paper.   Writing stuff down has advantages that you can't

get using software.  I buy spiral notebooks by the dozen and fill them front and back with little hand

workouts.  There's Something about eye/hand coordination that just can't be matched with software. 

Some of the most successful lottery players I know don't use software at all.   

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                      Economy class
                      Belgium
                      Member #123700
                      February 27, 2012
                      4035 Posts
                      Posted: May 9, 2014, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

I won without a program first not even knowing about wheels. Later I won using my own program and making my own wheels, knowing little about chances. I never played without knowing the last drawing.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19830 Posts
                        Posted: May 9, 2014, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

I won without a program first not even knowing about wheels. Later I won using my own program and making my own wheels, knowing little about chances. I never played without knowing the last drawing.

When you say you won twice do you mean you won one of the lower tier prizes twice?  Or do you mean you won something worth mentioning?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Economy class
                          Belgium
                          Member #123700
                          February 27, 2012
                          4035 Posts
                          Posted: May 9, 2014, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

I mean that I won something. When I started, I played break even. I stopped playing after a few months and didn't loose.

Many years later I had a 5/6 and 8/10, not using huge systems. (...)

United States
                            Member #93947
                            July 10, 2010
                            2180 Posts
                            Posted: May 10, 2014, 1:28 am - IP Logged

"RJOH suggests I learn programming, as he did."

I suggested you learn programming as I'm doing all over again since everything I learned in the older versions of Basic(GWBasic) isn't worth knowing now that Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft. 

I down loaded a free copy of JustBasic and after a couple of days studying it tried to covert one of GWBasic program and found out they may look similar but they're very different lanuages, for one thing there is no way to covert the DATA and READ instructions in GWBasic to JustBasic.  The program has to be rewritten in a completely different way. JB came with a six week tutorial and I'll probably need every bit of those weeks and then some before I start converting any of my programs to run in the newer versions of Windows.

Give DOSBOX a try.  It will allow you to continue using most of your familiar DOS environment, even GWBASIC.  If it seems to run too slow, check out the "cycles=nnnnn" command.  And you can seamlessly use Windows tools, like Notepad, Excel, etc.  accessing your output files from DOSBOX.  So no worries about emailing or posting your results.

Click here for more info...

Economy class
                              Belgium
                              Member #123700
                              February 27, 2012
                              4035 Posts
                              Posted: May 10, 2014, 4:34 am - IP Logged

Give DOSBOX a try.  It will allow you to continue using most of your familiar DOS environment, even GWBASIC.  If it seems to run too slow, check out the "cycles=nnnnn" command.  And you can seamlessly use Windows tools, like Notepad, Excel, etc.  accessing your output files from DOSBOX.  So no worries about emailing or posting your results.

Click here for more info...

RJoh, you might want to start by installing Visual Studio.

Page 33 of 44