Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Will debt ceiling be increased?

Topic closed. 260 replies. Last post 5 years ago by joker17.

Page 2 of 18
PrintE-mailLink

Will the U.S debt ceiling be increased?

YES [ 43 ]  [84.31%]
NO [ 8 ]  [15.69%]
Total Valid Votes [ 51 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: July 30, 2011, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

Stay classy rdgrnr!! Dont get so mad and say such terrible things, Karma is a....Cool

What terrible things did I say? I didn't do any namecalling but you referred to American Patriots as teabaggers.

Do you know what teabagging is? That's something Nancy and the princess do and they hate this country.

American Patriots are not teabaggers, little jor-jor. 

You need to apologize.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
    Winning makes me smile.
    bel air maryland
    United States
    Member #90251
    April 24, 2010
    4878 Posts
    Posted: July 30, 2011, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

That's right gr, GE contributes big bucks to obama and the CEO, Immelt, is obama's golfing buddy and close friend and confidante.

GE pays nothing in taxes. NOTHING. Why? Because they give HUGE contributions to obama's campaign fund.

You're right, we gotta vote him out of there.

Its not just him Ridge, its all of them. Everyone of them gets campaign contributions from the big corps. and the"special interest" groups. They get taken care of and we get diddly squat.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Jordans121's avatar - nw bookeep.jpg

United States
      Member #69169
      January 5, 2009
      2122 Posts
      Posted: July 30, 2011, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

What terrible things did I say? I didn't do any namecalling but you referred to American Patriots as teabaggers.

Do you know what teabagging is? That's something Nancy and the princess do and they hate this country.

American Patriots are not teabaggers, little jor-jor. 

You need to apologize.

TEABAGGER! Open up!!LOL

"Many Strategies|One Game"

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: July 30, 2011, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Right now they are signing their death certificates. People are now realizing how irresponsible and ideology driven they are.Evil Smile

It's best to keep quiet when you don't know what you're talking about jor-jor.

Just sayin...

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: July 30, 2011, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

TEABAGGER! Open up!!LOL

Yeah, somehow I knew you were a little swishy.

Don't worry, you're not the first one to come out.

Better PM Nancy and the princess, I think they're having a sleepover this weekend.

It should be a real blowout.

--Edmund Burke

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
            Winning makes me smile.
            bel air maryland
            United States
            Member #90251
            April 24, 2010
            4878 Posts
            Posted: July 30, 2011, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

I think we're getting off the original subject... LOL. Anyway, you guys have a good night. I gotta get up in 5 hrs to go to work and pay my fair share in taxes haha!! Good night.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

United States
              Member #75358
              June 1, 2009
              5345 Posts
              Posted: July 31, 2011, 12:56 am - IP Logged

It's sad how most Americans don't get mad about the 9 trillion the Federal Reserve can't account for since 2003 only because they aren't even aware of this, yet the same old tired cliches of left and right blame continues, while the powerful elite wipe the middle class off the map, and have been planning a mass worldwide depopulation . It's a sad state of affairs folks.

Forget about the debt ceiling.  Everytime the Bilderberg group gets together for their meetings behind closed doors, you can bet your bottom dollar they're not discussing your best interest. Everytime the Federal Reserve doles out money to corporations while cleaning their tracks, and auditing themselves, is not after your best interest either. Everytime the Illuminati has their yearly occult rituals in July for two weeks in San Francisco's Bohemian Grove with the head honchos of Governments, entertainment industry, and heads of major corporations around the world, it isn't because they're discussing how many jobs they can create. Everytime the JP morgans and the Rockefellers get together, it ain't for your benefit folks. Everytime the IMF decides where the money goes....watch out. Everytime the world bank opens their mouths, the world suffers.

Forget everything you've ever learned about what's really going on. This country was bought and paid for a long time ago. The sh*t they shuffle around every four years is just a masquerade. Just enough bickering to keep the masses occupied so they can't see the truth.

Cancer can only be stopped during early diagnosis, so nothing short of a revolution will cure the problems at this point.

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #99032
                October 18, 2010
                1439 Posts
                Posted: July 31, 2011, 2:49 am - IP Logged

This was a response to Rdgrns first post, about spending/Obama/Reid.

Agreed on most points.

But I'd lump John Boener in there, too, and the rest of the Republican Leadership.

As an economic-conservative and libertarian minded individual, I'm only registering (lol yeah, haven't sent in the form yet since I turned 18 there's been 2010 elections, and I feel bad for missing that) as a Republican is because of the Tea Party and to vote in Primaries.

I feel way worse for saying this, but I may even change my affiliation to Democrat (not that I think I'd ever vote Democrat) just to vote in their primaries assuming Obama gets defeated because I would try to get a sane non-spending crazy guy in office.  IDK about whether their's an R or D next to their name, just that the R makes it more likely they can do simple arithmetic.  We can't spend more that we take in, sure, but do you really think the mainstream Republican party is any better with that than the Ds?

Bush only set the course for Obama.  Obama may be worse, but this unprecedented level of spending wouldn't have ran it's course the way it did without Bush.  Expansions of Medicaid, DOE, etc.  Easily makes a conservative weary of the Repubilcan party.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                  Ringleader
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #81740
                  October 28, 2009
                  40564 Posts
                  Posted: July 31, 2011, 7:47 am - IP Logged

TEABAGGER! Open up!!LOL

This Teabagger will open up,

Here's what is going to happen if they raise the debt ceiling, They will borrow money from the fed, but guess what, the money doesn't actually exist , so the fed will print some more , and our dollar won't be worth .52 cents like it is now it will only be worth .48 cents.

When the fed prints bogus money, it becomes less valuable and they loan it the the U.S. AT HIGH INTEREST RATES.

The Federal reserve bank is a privetly owned bank.

Raising Taxes, isn't the answer, they have to stop the spending.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                    ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                    United States
                    Member #4924
                    June 3, 2004
                    5912 Posts
                    Posted: July 31, 2011, 8:55 am - IP Logged

I hope not.

I'd rather see the country go down fighting than surrendering with a whimper to the likes of weasels like obama and harry reid and then see it go down anyway.

They just want to kick the can down the road some more and keep spending like there's no tomorrow. Like they've been doing for decades.

I say it's time to draw the line - right here and right now.

If they won't stop the reckless spending then we have to force them to.

They should all go to prison for what they've done to this country.

And the fact of the matter is that they'll still have plenty of income to pay all our major obligations anyway. They would just have to cut out all their pet projects and the looniest of all the loony things they spend our borrowed money on.

Screw 'em, we have to live on a budget and so should they.

Let 'em start now.

Just do it.

ridge,

re-think this statement!

"They just want to kick the can down the road some more and keep spending like there's no tomorrow. Like they've been doing for decades"

They haven't been there for decades. When Clinton left, he left a surplus!

They don't have a choice, but to raise the limit. They have backed themselves in the corner. When I say, "They", I mean every single politican that held office since Clinton left. Don't think I voted for him, I didn't.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: July 31, 2011, 9:03 am - IP Logged

ridge,

re-think this statement!

"They just want to kick the can down the road some more and keep spending like there's no tomorrow. Like they've been doing for decades"

They don't have a choice, but to raise the limit. They have backed themselves in the corner. When I say, "They", I mean every single politican that held office since Clinton left. Don't think I voted for him, I didn't.

No, actually, the Republican Congress left a surplus with a balanced budget that Slick Willy had to be dragged in kicking and screaming to sign.

The same thing is trying to be done now by the freshmen class of Republicans (The Tea Party). They want a balanced budget amendment added to any bill and Obama and the dems are fighting tooth and nail against it.

If they have to accept it though and Obama signs it, they will of course then take credit for balancing the budget like it was their idea just like Slick Willy did.

Just like the weasels they are.

--Edmund Burke

Ringleader
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #81740
                        October 28, 2009
                        40564 Posts
                        Posted: July 31, 2011, 9:06 am - IP Logged

ridge,

re-think this statement!

No Carbob, thats not true, The congressional budget office projected a surplus that never happened, when Clinton left office there was actually a 69 billion dollar deficit.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: July 31, 2011, 9:14 am - IP Logged

The R's are saying they'll give the ok for the debt ceiling to be raised and all they're asking for in return is that the D's don't keep spending like idiots and make it necessary to raise the debt ceiling again down the road.

Sounds like common sense to me.

--Edmund Burke

Ringleader
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #81740
                            October 28, 2009
                            40564 Posts
                            Posted: July 31, 2011, 9:18 am - IP Logged

I will try to explain this in the simplest terms I can,

If they borrow more money from the Fed, the dollar loses value, that means everything we pay for becomes more expensive,

If they raise taxes that means we have less to spend on more expensive goods and services,

3 important things are harder to pay for, Food, housing and utilities.

They tell you the rich don't pay their fair share, smokescreen

most of the polititions are in fact millionaires.are they telling us they themselves don't pay their fair share? of course not.

They are using class warfair to pull in votes and garner support.

They are not looking out for the little guy, if they were there would be more small business.

Ringleader
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #81740
                              October 28, 2009
                              40564 Posts
                              Posted: July 31, 2011, 9:20 am - IP Logged

ps, nobody had to pm me to say what I said.

Page 2 of 18