Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Will debt ceiling be increased?

Topic closed. 260 replies. Last post 5 years ago by joker17.

Page 4 of 18
PrintE-mailLink

Will the U.S debt ceiling be increased?

YES [ 43 ]  [84.31%]
NO [ 8 ]  [15.69%]
Total Valid Votes [ 51 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  

United States
Member #75358
June 1, 2009
5345 Posts
Posted: July 31, 2011, 10:26 am - IP Logged

joker, if they dug deep enough, they would find the 9 trillion, the Fed doesn't talk about, they know where it went. Sully, you may right about jumping off a cliff, but not yet. We haven't hit bottom, yet! The first step in paying down the debt, should be to stop sending money to countries that don't give a <snip> about us.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

They are all a bunch of scoundrels. It's probably funding the NWO's agendas.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: July 31, 2011, 10:34 am - IP Logged

Hey joker!

You got a Bible Thumping MORON on your side!Crazy

How's that make ya feel! HA HA HA HA HA !LOL

His name's jamboogie and he's probably jammin' boogies in his mouth right now!Green laugh

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
      Member #75358
      June 1, 2009
      5345 Posts
      Posted: July 31, 2011, 10:36 am - IP Logged

Joker, Fannie and Freddie are run by the Government , they are directly responsible for HUD and the sub-prime lending. They are responsible for the housing crash.

True, but there was another component that I learned about early on with the derivatives. I don't quite unserstand that whole thing, but read a brilliant article that explained how the lending was all grouped ogether in bunches by individual bankers, which turned around and gambled it away for higher dividends or something like that. I'll try to find the article.

It's true that the govt. lowered their levels to lend more money for housing to people who weren't really qualified to own a home, but that isn't the whole story. It was a runaway fire that got out of control once the greedy rich bankers tried to capitalize on this. They thought they could reinvest the money for higher gains and when it all collapsed, they passed the buck. Everything is interconnected.

That happened to my friend's house. He financed it at 250 grand, and at the end of all it, the house was eroneously valued at about 450 grand. He refinanced it with his broker, they both made a quick profit and got out leaving the bank high and dry, which ultimately gets back to the govt. holding the bag, which in turn comes full circle hurting everyone. All because the rich wanted to get richer.

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40257 Posts
        Posted: July 31, 2011, 10:42 am - IP Logged

True, but there was another component that I learned about early on with the derivatives. I don't quite unserstand that whole thing, but read a brilliant article that explained how the lending was all grouped ogether in bunches by individual bankers, which turned around and gambled it away for higher dividends or something like that. I'll try to find the article.

It's true that the govt. lowered their levels to lend more money for housing to people who weren't really qualified to own a home, but that isn't the whole story. It was a runaway fire that got out of control once the greedy rich bankers tried to capitalize on this. They thought they could reinvest the money for higher gains and when it all collapsed, they passed the buck. Everything is interconnected.

That happened to my friend's house. He financed it at 250 grand, and at the end of all it, the house was eroneously valued at about 450 grand. He refinanced it with his broker, they both made a quick profit and got out leaving the bank high and dry, which ultimately gets back to the govt. holding the bag, which in turn comes full circle hurting everyone. All because the rich wanted to get richer.

Those people who caused this , and I know what your talking about, need to be prosecuted and sent to prison, It was in fact a giant ponzi, what they did hurt every homeowner, rich, middle and poor. It's one great big giant mortgage mess that will take years to sort out.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: July 31, 2011, 10:43 am - IP Logged

Hey joker!

You got a Bible Thumping MORON on your side!Crazy

How's that make ya feel! HA HA HA HA HA !LOL

His name's jamboogie and he's probably jammin' boogies in his mouth right now!Green laugh

The difference between that Bible thumper and you, is that he/she has an open mind. You're nothing but a name calling Christian wannabe hypocrite racist who doesn't even follow his own beliefs. You're a redneck rebel rouser patriotic fake who's cluless.

I hope that helped. Please feel free to ask more questions If you need help.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: July 31, 2011, 10:52 am - IP Logged

"...greedy rich bankers..."

"That happened to my friend's house."

"He refinanced it with his broker, they both made a quick profit and got out leaving the bank high and dry,

"...which in turn comes full circle hurting everyone."

Wow, nice friend ya got there, not much better than your "greedy rich bankers."

And then you blame it on "the rich wanting to get richer"  somehow.

Makes perfect sense to me.  Crazy

--Edmund Burke

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #99032
              October 18, 2010
              1439 Posts
              Posted: July 31, 2011, 10:53 am - IP Logged

Thank you for the truth..What is more disgusting that some would rather accept lies over the truth even when you present the truth to them...Even in the Old Testament of the Bible , God required all to pay them taxes including the "Rich"...

It is shameful disgrace that the "Rich" get off scott free while the weight is carried on the backs of the non rich people...weighing us down...

Once again thank you for the truth..Truth crushed to the ground will rise again.. President Obama and Senator Harry Reid will prevail in spite of the haters..

The Rich get off Scott free, huh?

They get a free ride on the backs of the poor, and the bible requires all to pay taxes?

That's your problem??  Well then I've got great news for you, the fact is the top 1 percent of income earners pay 60 percent of the taxes in this country while the lowest 47-49 percent are elliglible to have all of their taxes returned to them.

Does that sound like the poor pay too much?  What do you think, the bottom half should get their pay doubled by the Federal Government?

I'll never understand how someone can say the rich pay too little in taxes and the poor pay too much.  The rich pay a much higher tax rate than the average person, and if you're poor you don't pay Federal Taxes.  (Or rather, they can get them all back.)

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                United States
                Member #4924
                June 3, 2004
                5893 Posts
                Posted: July 31, 2011, 10:53 am - IP Logged

Those people who caused this , and I know what your talking about, need to be prosecuted and sent to prison, It was in fact a giant ponzi, what they did hurt every homeowner, rich, middle and poor. It's one great big giant mortgage mess that will take years to sort out.

Your statement is very true, but I will lay odds, not one individual will be prosecuted!!

just saw this in an LP ad

http://www.kennetheclark.com/?gclid=CKaowfbqq6oCFYHs7QodQmfs_w

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: July 31, 2011, 10:58 am - IP Logged

The difference between that Bible thumper and you, is that he/she has an open mind. You're nothing but a name calling Christian wannabe hypocrite racist who doesn't even follow his own beliefs. You're a redneck rebel rouser patriotic fake who's cluless.

I hope that helped. Please feel free to ask more questions If you need help.

Wow, here comes the namecalling already.

But later on you'll say I called you names first as usual, won't you?

Snort some curry powder and dream about all the women you used to beat in the old country or something. 

Just calm down dude.

No need to get hysterical just cuz I mentioned a deranged person thinks you're smart. LOL

--Edmund Burke

United States
                    Member #75358
                    June 1, 2009
                    5345 Posts
                    Posted: July 31, 2011, 10:59 am - IP Logged

"...greedy rich bankers..."

"That happened to my friend's house."

"He refinanced it with his broker, they both made a quick profit and got out leaving the bank high and dry,

"...which in turn comes full circle hurting everyone."

Wow, nice friend ya got there, not much better than your "greedy rich bankers."

And then you blame it on "the rich wanting to get richer"  somehow.

Makes perfect sense to me.  Crazy

I never said I agreed with what he did. I was simply pointing out the mess that was passed on to all Americans. His broker was also his landlord. The true culprit was the broker who suckered my friend to sell his soul for a quick 10 grand while the broker pocketed almost 80 grand. Believe me, my friend was no angel either. He got blood money too.

Ringleader
                      Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #81740
                      October 28, 2009
                      40257 Posts
                      Posted: July 31, 2011, 11:00 am - IP Logged

one more tidbit to share, people who are in financial messes, are most likely because they caused it themsleves.

1. they purchased homes they couldn't afford.

2. they purchased vehicles to go with those homes

3.they used credit cards as income

4. most never even attempted to save or invest money

5. they lost their job, stayed on unemployment because it paid more than Mcdickies

6. have no financial savvy at all

7. became lazy , it's easy to blame others.

8. lived beyond their means, because they were entitled to have it all, whether they could afford it or not.

United States
                        Member #75358
                        June 1, 2009
                        5345 Posts
                        Posted: July 31, 2011, 11:02 am - IP Logged

The Rich get off Scott free, huh?

They get a free ride on the backs of the poor, and the bible requires all to pay taxes?

That's your problem??  Well then I've got great news for you, the fact is the top 1 percent of income earners pay 60 percent of the taxes in this country while the lowest 47-49 percent are elliglible to have all of their taxes returned to them.

Does that sound like the poor pay too much?  What do you think, the bottom half should get their pay doubled by the Federal Government?

I'll never understand how someone can say the rich pay too little in taxes and the poor pay too much.  The rich pay a much higher tax rate than the average person, and if you're poor you don't pay Federal Taxes.  (Or rather, they can get them all back.)

At the end of the day, the rich are still rich after they pay the high taxes. Hmmmmmm

I feel so bad for the rich and the tax burden they all have to endure....awwww ....those poor rich folks.....

Ringleader
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          40257 Posts
                          Posted: July 31, 2011, 11:04 am - IP Logged

Your statement is very true, but I will lay odds, not one individual will be prosecuted!!

just saw this in an LP ad

http://www.kennetheclark.com/?gclid=CKaowfbqq6oCFYHs7QodQmfs_w

I would be very wary, of buying a foreclosed home, in some cases, no one is sure who holds title, and in some cases, not all the foreclosures were legal.

The mortgages were bought and sold so many times, it is one big giant paper mess.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: July 31, 2011, 11:05 am - IP Logged

At the end of the day, the rich are still rich after they pay the high taxes. Hmmmmmm

I feel so bad for the rich and the tax burden they all have to endure....awwww ....those poor rich folks.....

Yeah, they should have to support all the loser cab drivers who ain't got a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out.

Afterall, it's only fair!

Waaaaaaaaaaaah! Waaaaaaaaaah! Where's my free stuff? Waaaaaaaaaaaah!

--Edmund Burke

United States
                              Member #75358
                              June 1, 2009
                              5345 Posts
                              Posted: July 31, 2011, 11:05 am - IP Logged

Wow, here comes the namecalling already.

But later on you'll say I called you names first as usual, won't you?

Snort some curry powder and dream about all the women you used to beat in the old country or something. 

Just calm down dude.

No need to get hysterical just cuz I mentioned a deranged person thinks you're smart. LOL

Hey joker!

You got a Bible Thumping MORON on your side!

You're twisting of words doesn't fool me. You're equating me with a 'MORON'.

You're absolutely right Ridge. I will go back and blame who started the name calling on you. Normally I advise folks to think before they write, but in your case, it wouldn't help to ask you to think.

Page 4 of 18