Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Will debt ceiling be increased?

Topic closed. 260 replies. Last post 5 years ago by joker17.

Page 5 of 18
PrintE-mailLink

Will the U.S debt ceiling be increased?

YES [ 43 ]  [84.31%]
NO [ 8 ]  [15.69%]
Total Valid Votes [ 51 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
ORLANDO, FLORIDA
United States
Member #4924
June 3, 2004
5912 Posts
Posted: July 31, 2011, 11:06 am - IP Logged

I never said I agreed with what he did. I was simply pointing out the mess that was passed on to all Americans. His broker was also his landlord. The true culprit was the broker who suckered my friend to sell his soul for a quick 10 grand while the broker pocketed almost 80 grand. Believe me, my friend was no angel either. He got blood money too.

joker, that happen millions of times. We had a situation in my neighborhood the seller was well aware of, about the buyer. The seller was an attorney and helped the buyer file the paperwork, even though the buyer did not have any proof of income. The attorney was in cahoots with the broker. One year after he moved in, we had him jailed for selling crack. He was a drug dealer.

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: July 31, 2011, 11:10 am - IP Logged

Yeah, they should have to support all the loser cab drivers who ain't got a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out.

Afterall, it's only fair!

Waaaaaaaaaaaah! Waaaaaaaaaah! Where's my free stuff? Waaaaaaaaaaaah!

No, they shouldn't have to support me, just don't whine about paying high taxes when at the end of the day, and most likely the rest of their lives, they will still be living high on the hog.

I work hard for my money Ridge, depite all your pathetic attempts to package me into the same files of the govt. moochers. I've only accepted unemployment benefits one time, and that doesn't even qualify because my my employers and I paid into it. So get your facts straight.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: July 31, 2011, 11:11 am - IP Logged

Hey joker!

You got a Bible Thumping MORON on your side!

You're twisting of words doesn't fool me. You're equating me with a 'MORON'.

You're absolutely right Ridge. I will go back and blame who started the name calling on you. Normally I advise folks to think before they write, but in your case, it wouldn't help to ask you to think.

I called HIM a moron because it's obvious he is one.

And you say I EQUATED you with one so that means I started calling you names.

You're a typical lying liberal, joker.

And a Moron.

A stinky one.

Go take a bath, or do you do that on the 1st of the month whether you need it or not?

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: July 31, 2011, 11:14 am - IP Logged

I called HIM a moron because it's obvious he is one.

And you say I EQUATED you with one so that means I started calling you names.

You're a typical lying liberal, joker.

And a Moron.

A stinky one.

Go take a bath, or do you do that on the 1st of the month whether you need it or not?

Are you going to sit there and tell me there's no way to call someone names unless it's directed specifically by name? I guess you never heard of association?

If I say Ridge agrees with a loser moronic idiot like joe schmo, does this mean I don't mean Ridge is also those things?

Again, try it on someone else !

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: July 31, 2011, 11:20 am - IP Logged

BTW Ridge, stop calling me a liberal. I'm not a liberal, conservative, right, left, ip, down, or anything in between. I only brought the opposite viewpoints to show everyone reading this thread that no one is free from corruption. All you Republicans who point fingers don't realize there are higher powers at work who eclipse anything the president does. He's just a puppet, and If you ask anyone on this site who knows what I've written for countless years regarding this, I don't have any party preferences. I simply play devils advocate to show both sides that they are all wrong and corrupt, and more evil powers in higher places have agendas that are in place.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: July 31, 2011, 11:21 am - IP Logged

Are you going to sit there and tell me there's no way to call someone names unless it's directed specifically by name? I guess you never heard of association?

If I say Ridge agrees with a loser moronic idiot like joe schmo, does this mean I don't mean Ridge is also those things?

Again, try it on someone else !

Let's face facts, joker.

You're 50 some years old in the land of opportunity and you are homeless and helpless but giving advice like you're some kind of wild success story.

You're just a loser cab driver with nothing to show for all the opportunities my country has made available to you.

Let's keep things in perspective, ok?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: July 31, 2011, 11:25 am - IP Logged

BTW Ridge, stop calling me a liberal. I'm not a liberal, conservative, right, left, ip, down, or anything in between. I only brought the opposite viewpoints to show everyone reading this thread that no one is free from corruption. All you Republicans who point fingers don't realize there are higher powers at work who eclipse anything the president does. He's just a puppet, and If you ask anyone on this site who knows what I've written for countless years regarding this, I don't have any party preferences. I simply play devils advocate to show both sides that they are all wrong and corrupt, and more evil powers in higher places have agendas that are in place.

Not a chance, Sparky.

I know a liberal when I see one.

You may not be politically astute enough to even know it, but you're a liberal.

Oh yes, you're a liberal.

To the core.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                Member #75358
                June 1, 2009
                5345 Posts
                Posted: July 31, 2011, 11:29 am - IP Logged

joker, that happen millions of times. We had a situation in my neighborhood the seller was well aware of, about the buyer. The seller was an attorney and helped the buyer file the paperwork, even though the buyer did not have any proof of income. The attorney was in cahoots with the broker. One year after he moved in, we had him jailed for selling crack. He was a drug dealer.

Yup, it was rampant.

I also want to say that here where I live now (but moving to California on Monday), 6 to 12 years ago, the snowbirds would come to Southwest Florida to buy houses, NOT to live in, but to flip them for a profit. That's what drove the prices of the homes eroneously higher. Had they planned on living here, they would've contributed to the local economy year round, but all they did was tell their friends who were also rich, and wanted to get richer, to also flip houses. At the end, the many who didn't realize the collapse was approaching, and jumped on the bandwagon lost their shirts. Now they had to continually lower the prices of the homes just to get some of their money back.

My friends home I talked about earlier is still vacant. It's been well over 4 years now.

This is why I'm moving out of this town. It's a tourist town which is seasonal and the seasons haven't even been all that great anymore. Plus the housing market crisis which is still lingering here, and overall bad economy has hit us from 3 directions.

6 years ago and back, 40% of the airport service reservations my boss got was nothing but people coming down to look at real estate. 40%....Almost half !......Now it's like a ghost town in waste...

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11982 Posts
                  Posted: July 31, 2011, 11:32 am - IP Logged

I hope not.

I'd rather see the country go down fighting than surrendering with a whimper to the likes of weasels like obama and harry reid and then see it go down anyway.

They just want to kick the can down the road some more and keep spending like there's no tomorrow. Like they've been doing for decades.

I say it's time to draw the line - right here and right now.

If they won't stop the reckless spending then we have to force them to.

They should all go to prison for what they've done to this country.

And the fact of the matter is that they'll still have plenty of income to pay all our major obligations anyway. They would just have to cut out all their pet projects and the looniest of all the loony things they spend our borrowed money on.

Screw 'em, we have to live on a budget and so should they.

Let 'em start now.

Just do it.

CHINA OWNS THE UNITED STATES AND IT FOLLOWS THE FOLLOWING PHILOSOPHY .OH in Cuba any child can become a DOCTOR OR WHATEVER HE OR SHE WANTS PAID BY THE GOVERNMENT OTHERWISE YOUR CHILD GOES TO CUT SUGAR CANE.

"Communism is a sociopolitical movement that aims for a classless and stateless society structured upon common ownership of the means of production, free access to articles of consumption, and the end of wage labour and private property in the means of production and real estate.["

We have been a communist society in the united states since the creation of the IRS.We do not own anything, everything has been owned by the government through taxation.You can lose the lease on any property through taxes for example lands.I said lease because when you buy any property including a house, you do not own anything if you stop paying taxes.

So we have two choices here.CONTINUE WITH OUR COMMUNIST SYSTEM OF PAYING HIGH TAXES OR LET THE GOVERNMENT DEFAULT BY NOT PAYING OUR DEBT AND BECOME A 100% FREE SOCIETY BY GETTING RID OF THE IRS and THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANK.NO TAXES.But again i have no problem with paying taxes to the system the way it is regardless of how much i make.

United States
                    Member #75358
                    June 1, 2009
                    5345 Posts
                    Posted: July 31, 2011, 11:33 am - IP Logged

Let's face facts, joker.

You're 50 some years old in the land of opportunity and you are homeless and helpless but giving advice like you're some kind of wild success story.

You're just a loser cab driver with nothing to show for all the opportunities my country has made available to you.

Let's keep things in perspective, ok?

I don't have to know how to build a car engine to know how it works. Unlike you, I've done my homework. All you do is repeat what Rush Bimbo throws up everyday like a Myna bird, as If it's truth.

And what are you? A brainwashed racist Christian wannabe hypocrite Bigot who can't abide by the Bible which he rules as gloden. A redneck backward mountain hillbilly who humps goats. Yeah, you got credentials....Crazy

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: July 31, 2011, 11:36 am - IP Logged

I don't have to know how to build a car engine to know how it works. Unlike you, I've done my homework. All you do is repeat what Rush Bimbo throws up everyday like a Myna bird, as If it's truth.

And what are you? A brainwashed racist Christian wannabe hypocrite Bigot who can't abide by the Bible which he rules as gloden. A redneck backward mountain hillbilly who humps goats. Yeah, you got credentials....Crazy

Wow, I must have touched a nerve!

I better be careful before you say something that hurts my feelings.

You're still a loser though. LOL

And the sad part?

You know it.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                        Member #75358
                        June 1, 2009
                        5345 Posts
                        Posted: July 31, 2011, 11:44 am - IP Logged

Wow, I must have touched a nerve!

I better be careful before you say something that hurts my feelings.

You're still a loser though. LOL

And the sad part?

You know it.

No, you didn't touch a nerve. I just always try to remind everyone here who the real Ridge is.

Surely, I may not have  done the best I can in life to better my financial status, but one thing I cherish the most above all is that I'm not brainwashed like you. That to me is worth more than a million bucks.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: July 31, 2011, 11:45 am - IP Logged

No, you didn't touch a nerve. I just always try to remind everyone here who the real Ridge is.

Surely, I may not have  done the best I can in life to better my financial status, but one thing I cherish the most above all is that I'm not brainwashed like you. That to me is worth more than a million bucks.

Yeah, that and $3 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
                            Ringleader
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #81740
                            October 28, 2009
                            40566 Posts
                            Posted: July 31, 2011, 11:51 am - IP Logged

CHINA OWNS THE UNITED STATES AND IT FOLLOWS THE FOLLOWING PHILOSOPHY .OH in Cuba any child can become a DOCTOR OR WHATEVER HE OR SHE WANTS PAID BY THE GOVERNMENT OTHERWISE YOUR CHILD GOES TO CUT SUGAR CANE.

"Communism is a sociopolitical movement that aims for a classless and stateless society structured upon common ownership of the means of production, free access to articles of consumption, and the end of wage labour and private property in the means of production and real estate.["

We have been a communist society in the united states since the creation of the IRS.We do not own anything, everything has been owned by the government through taxation.You can lose the lease on any property through taxes for example lands.I said lease because when you buy any property including a house, you do not own anything if you stop paying taxes.

So we have two choices here.CONTINUE WITH OUR COMMUNIST SYSTEM OF PAYING HIGH TAXES OR LET THE GOVERNMENT DEFAULT BY NOT PAYING OUR DEBT AND BECOME A 100% FREE SOCIETY BY GETTING RID OF THE IRS and THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANK.NO TAXES.But again i have no problem with paying taxes to the system the way it is regardless of how much i make.

Thrifty, they won't default on any loans, or lose the triple A rating, it's a scare tactic.

Come August 3, it will be business as usual, there may be a sell off in the markets and gold will hedge higher.

Remember there are many countries who owe us money, they could call in those markers if they really wanted to.

If they were so afraid, they would have stopped the foreign aide months ago.

They just promised millions to 4 African countries yesterday, meanwhile, Texas is facing one of the most devasting droughts ever. hmmmm.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
                              Member #75358
                              June 1, 2009
                              5345 Posts
                              Posted: July 31, 2011, 11:54 am - IP Logged

There is absolutely nowhere else I'd rather live than in the U.S., but If people only knew what they truly own as you stated, there would've been a second revolt a long time ago. Most of the working slobs in this country think that because they have a house and a couple of cars, they've got it made. They don't realize what the evil gangsters have in store for them. It's a prison planet for sure.

As long as there are plenty of malls to shop in and football games to watch, the masses are happy. The masses are oblivious to what's about to happen in the near future because they're too busy buying the latest gadgets to fool around with while driving on the roads. They're too busy arguing over which party is to blame for what. They're too busy listening to Rush, Glen Beck, Sean Hannity, and the bubble headed bleached blondes on the 6 O'clock news to get their info. And the few who who speak out are labeled as conspiracy idiots, and fear mongers.

By the time the people finally wake up, it'll be too late.

Page 5 of 18