Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Take5 NY

13050 replies. Last post 2 hours ago by ElinaSammy2081.

Page 355 of 871
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3690 Posts
Posted: June 23, 2013, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

Good morning!  This story below I do not recall but if anyone down in the Big City might of heard of this BIG Take 5 winner back in March 22,1999. I have been playing the Take 5 since the beginning in 1992 but this one just slips by me, I think in the beginning NY was promoting the Take 5 jackpots to be up in the $250K range and in the beginning it was only on Fridays then Tue/Fri and so on over the years.  So this guy wins $156K in the Take 5 dam if anyone recalls this high a jackpot let me know this is on the Gail Howard site.  Going with low single digits and some teens tonight. GL all

MINK 

$156,926.50 JACKPOT WON IN NEW YORK

Biggest Secret in Town is Out as Man Comes Forward with Winning Lottery Ticket

LIMESTONE - For one week, Clarence Clawson kept the biggest secret in town.

Some people suspected that he was the person who bought the winning Take 5 New York State Lottery ticket at the New Cow Palace on March 22. But no one knew for sure.

Not his friends. Not his neighbors. Not his family.

"Even my wife doesn't know for sure yet that I won," he said.

She does now.

Mr. Clawson ended the speculation Monday, when his winning ticket was scanned into the Lotto computer at the New Cow Palace. It came up as the sole winner of March 22's Take 5 jackpot.

He waited a week to avoid dealing with the hassle and harassment common with large lottery winners.

"Logic and common reasoning will tell you that," he said. "It was true to a point, but I rarely answer the phone myself."

Mr. Clawson said he liked keeping people guessing as much as he liked winning the money.

"What I have enjoyed most so far is that no one knew exactly who the winner was," he said. "I enjoyed that very much. When people would ask me if I was the winner, I'd tell them, 'If you think I am, I am, If you think I'm not, I'm not.'"

Mr, Clawson's winning numbers - 12, 25, 26, 34, 36 - are worth $156,926.50. He said he has a three-step spending plan.

"First, I'm going to set aside the necessary amount to pay all the federal, state and county taxes," Mr. Clawson said. "Then I'll pay for some necessary items: paying off my doctors' bills, put in new sidewalks, a new roof and new siding. As far as my buying a new vehicle or taking a vacation, we'll see about that."

The Mt. Jewett, Pa., man retired from Dresser-Rand in 1995, where he worked in maintenance for 44 years. One of his friends and co-workers was Harry Stoltz, who won a $25 million Lotto jackpot in 1997. Ironically, Stoltz also bought his winning ticket at the New Cow Palace.

Mr. Clawson plays Take 5 four times a week, spending $26 each week on lottery tickets. He only plays the Pennsylvania Lotto "when it's worth my while," he said.

Monday, Mr. Clawson gave a group of reporters, photographers and customers at the New Cow Palace a lesson in playing the lottery while drinking his morning coffee.

He bristled when someone mentioned playing the numbers of birthdays and anniversaries.

"That's the worse thing you can do," he said. "Some people do win using those, but it's very rare."

He said he gets his information from the magazine Lotto News and from Lottery Masters Guide a book by Gail Howard.

"This is what made me a winner," he said. "I'm not promoting her, but believe me, she knows what she's doing. She really knows her onions."

Mr. Clawson methodically studies the winning numbers, charting each day's winners on a white legal pad. He uses this to spot trends in numbers, to see which ones are hot?get picked often? and which are not.

"I'm a retiree, I've got lots of time," he said. "I like to play the percentages.'"

Even with all the preparation he does, Mr. Clawson knows that he is as much a slave to chance as any other lottery player.

"The bottom line of all this is that you have to be lucky," he said. "If you ain't lucky, you ain't gonna win."

I've no recollection of the story at all.  I remember higher jackpots just 4 years ago.  Friday nite used to be good for over 100G's  (100 to 105 was typical.)  Not any more.  Even with the current promotion they dont get north of 100G.  Dont ask me where all the T5 players went. I aint got a clue.

I too have been playing T5 since 1992, but from '92 to 2009 I didnt play regularly like I do now.  I'd play here and there, and I didnt pay any attention to numbers or track them etc.  Prior to T5, I'd play NY's CASH40 a lot. That JP started at 100G's and rolled over when not hit.  It usually was hit when it got to 300G.

The bottom line of all this is that you have to be lucky," he said. 

He's right about that.  Guess I'm NOT lucky.

I won 4 FP's last nite, I just cashed 'em in.  The 4 lines I got dont look half bad.  That tells me they wont win anything.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3690 Posts
    Posted: June 23, 2013, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

I've no recollection of the story at all.  I remember higher jackpots just 4 years ago.  Friday nite used to be good for over 100G's  (100 to 105 was typical.)  Not any more.  Even with the current promotion they dont get north of 100G.  Dont ask me where all the T5 players went. I aint got a clue.

I too have been playing T5 since 1992, but from '92 to 2009 I didnt play regularly like I do now.  I'd play here and there, and I didnt pay any attention to numbers or track them etc.  Prior to T5, I'd play NY's CASH40 a lot. That JP started at 100G's and rolled over when not hit.  It usually was hit when it got to 300G.

I won 4 FP's last nite, I just cashed 'em in.  The 4 lines I got dont look half bad.  That tells me they wont win anything.

Ya DO have to be lucky.

As I've said before in previous posts, I win a lot of FP's.  I dont think it's all that hard to pick lines with two winning numbers. (It cant be.  I do it all the time.)

I guess what the best I can hope for is that I'll pick two winning numbers, and then get super lucky and pick the other 3 winning numbers.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
      Member #94616
      July 24, 2010
      4735 Posts
      Posted: June 23, 2013, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

I remember CASH 40!  That was a cool game.  Dont think I hit much as you would think I would remember hitting for some money - LOL!

SO! Do we see any singles show TONIGHT ???

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
        Watervliet, New York
        United States
        Member #1100
        February 2, 2003
        3186 Posts
        Posted: June 23, 2013, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

Yeah the Cash 40 was a good game back then until they came up with Sweet Millions and screwed up the payouts.  One game I like back in the day was Keno before it changed to Pick 10  I was good at getting 3 numbers for a set $25 payout but NY must of lost money on that game the A holes! LOL  Cannot play Take 5 tonight two more days til payday but I would be on the single and teen digits tonight  12 as a Power Number.  Good luck guys/gals!   Hey Ms Feisty when you hit the Take 5 JP it was all odd or all even correct and was the JP amount you won? 

MINK

"Bet with your head..... not over it!" 

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: June 23, 2013, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

I did a hella workout today.  I made a custom abbreviated hit chart by months for 2013. I am burnt.

I know I want the units or single digits to come out, but I will stay high and wait till i start seeing some units. (Especially since kapla is probably playing lowBig Grin)

I have a few of cages numbers mainly 10 11, (which i had power a couple days back, but I am not really trusting the 11 anymore), However I think he is suffering from oneoffitiis also so not really keeping a strong eye on his sets.

Anyway here are my lines.  Staying in budget and i will also redeem three freeplays tonite.  Good luck everybody.

P.S.

Was not the cash 40 the original lotto game before it became 6/59?.

NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3690 Posts
            Posted: June 23, 2013, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

I did a hella workout today.  I made a custom abbreviated hit chart by months for 2013. I am burnt.

I know I want the units or single digits to come out, but I will stay high and wait till i start seeing some units. (Especially since kapla is probably playing lowBig Grin)

I have a few of cages numbers mainly 10 11, (which i had power a couple days back, but I am not really trusting the 11 anymore), However I think he is suffering from oneoffitiis also so not really keeping a strong eye on his sets.

Anyway here are my lines.  Staying in budget and i will also redeem three freeplays tonite.  Good luck everybody.

P.S.

Was not the cash 40 the original lotto game before it became 6/59?.

Nah.  Cash40 was a 1/40 matrix.  JP's started at 100k and rolled another 100K if not won.  It would go to 200K, then 300K etc until somebody had all six numbers.  I can remember one time when it got up to 800K.  Those were the days...  The game was sunset when the NY Lottery brought out Take5. 

I remember one time I played it and the grouchy Old Bag behind the counter says to me; "What good is THAT?  That isnt much money you could win!"   I told her I'd pay off my mortgage if i won.   She thought 800G's isnt "much money"?  It was a liquor store, but it isnt there anymore.  I wonder if the Old Bag is still alive and kickin'. That had to be at least 21 years ago...

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3690 Posts
              Posted: June 23, 2013, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

I remember CASH 40!  That was a cool game.  Dont think I hit much as you would think I would remember hitting for some money - LOL!

SO! Do we see any singles show TONIGHT ???

I HOPE so!  God knows I hammered the shxx out of 'em.

Upstate NY
                United States
                Member #140390
                March 17, 2013
                224 Posts
                Posted: June 23, 2013, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

Ever have buyers remorse with your numbers?   Obviously they looked good when I picked them.   But as the drawing gets closer I am not so sure.   Tonight I hope the numbers are 30 and under.

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
                  Watervliet, New York
                  United States
                  Member #1100
                  February 2, 2003
                  3186 Posts
                  Posted: June 23, 2013, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

NY Take 5 results for 6/23/13

12-14-21-30-39  My power # 12 popped!

Congrats to all the winners!

MINK

"Bet with your head..... not over it!" 

United States
                    Member #124493
                    March 14, 2012
                    7023 Posts
                    Posted: June 24, 2013, 12:23 am - IP Logged

Nah.  Cash40 was a 1/40 matrix.  JP's started at 100k and rolled another 100K if not won.  It would go to 200K, then 300K etc until somebody had all six numbers.  I can remember one time when it got up to 800K.  Those were the days...  The game was sunset when the NY Lottery brought out Take5. 

I remember one time I played it and the grouchy Old Bag behind the counter says to me; "What good is THAT?  That isnt much money you could win!"   I told her I'd pay off my mortgage if i won.   She thought 800G's isnt "much money"?  It was a liquor store, but it isnt there anymore.  I wonder if the Old Bag is still alive and kickin'. That had to be at least 21 years ago...

I didn't start playing the lotto until 2005.  Let me get this straight you had to pick 1 number correct out of 40?

Congrats mink on your pwr number being right.  I  hope you played the 21 with it.  I think thats right out of the gang of 23's playbook.

I had 3 numbers of 16 correct and  I got one free play.  (I was one off Eek)  A double repeater, >>> 0 0 .  I was looking for >> 0 1 2.

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                      Kunming
                      China
                      Member #57910
                      January 23, 2008
                      3626 Posts
                      Posted: June 24, 2013, 2:23 am - IP Logged

It's the same pattern over and over. 12 & 21 are lovers. You play 12 then always play the 21.

Play to win!

United States
                        Member #124493
                        March 14, 2012
                        7023 Posts
                        Posted: June 24, 2013, 2:40 am - IP Logged

It's the same pattern over and over. 12 & 21 are lovers. You play 12 then always play the 21.

Is this some metaphysical loverage?  According to my not very well up to date companion chart,   The 12 has better lovers, the 21 is down below in red (however there are a lot of ties on the way down.

My out dated data has 12 with 23  eighty five times and 12 with 21 seventy three times.

But I have not updated my companion data in ages in excel so many of these numbers have most likely shifted a little up or down.

I only really consider it now because you mentioned it so many times.  However I played 20 22 and did not expect the 21 to squeeze in between. And overlooked the 12 at skip 19 (not too cold) for the 10/11

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                          Kunming
                          China
                          Member #57910
                          January 23, 2008
                          3626 Posts
                          Posted: June 24, 2013, 3:15 am - IP Logged

I don't follow the stats on Take 5 but I've notice that it's a pattern on all the lotteries. For example last night you guys had the 30. Look out for 10-20 or 30 but especially33. Look for the last time 30 & 33 came out and what other numbers came out with it. Chances are that not the same other 3 numbers will fall with it. The problem is that we tend to change the numbers all the time thereby missing the chance to get beyond just the 2 to 3 number wins. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

Play to win!

NY State
                            United States
                            Member #92609
                            June 10, 2010
                            3690 Posts
                            Posted: June 24, 2013, 4:35 am - IP Logged

I didn't start playing the lotto until 2005.  Let me get this straight you had to pick 1 number correct out of 40?

Congrats mink on your pwr number being right.  I  hope you played the 21 with it.  I think thats right out of the gang of 23's playbook.

I had 3 numbers of 16 correct and  I got one free play.  (I was one off Eek)  A double repeater, >>> 0 0 .  I was looking for >> 0 1 2.

Nope.  The range of numbers was 1 thru 40.

You had to have all 6 numbers drawn to win the JP.  There were also lower tier prizes but I  dont remember what they were.

NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3690 Posts
                              Posted: June 24, 2013, 4:47 am - IP Logged

I don't follow the stats on Take 5 but I've notice that it's a pattern on all the lotteries. For example last night you guys had the 30. Look out for 10-20 or 30 but especially33. Look for the last time 30 & 33 came out and what other numbers came out with it. Chances are that not the same other 3 numbers will fall with it. The problem is that we tend to change the numbers all the time thereby missing the chance to get beyond just the 2 to 3 number wins. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

It's been a long time gone since the 33 came out with the 30 in Take5.  (They''ve come out together at least 68 times. The last time was almost 6 months ago.   That's according to US Lottieries, but they probably came out together more times than that because US Lotteries doesn't have the full T5 history back to 1992.  GH's Smartluck has a complete T5 history.)

As for the 10: 77 times, last seen 72 drawings ago

The 20: 69 times, 40 drawings ago.

Page 355 of 871