Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Welfare & Jackpot Lottery Winners

Topic closed. 167 replies. Last post 5 years ago by RL-RANDOMLOGIC.

Page 10 of 12
PrintE-mailLink

Is It Ethical For $1M+ Lottery Winners to Continue Collecting State Welfare?

Yes, if still unemployed, I'm entitled to it. [ 8 ]  [14.04%]
It depends... [ 8 ]  [14.04%]
No, if you still want more money, get a job! [ 22 ]  [38.60%]
No, those caught doing so should be thrown in jail [ 19 ]  [33.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 57 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  

United States
Member #111442
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: March 10, 2012, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

LOL, calm down lil' fella, I said I wouldn't hurt ya!

Don't commence yourself into a full-blown liberal hissy-fit now.

"Right.  IN PERSON.  They didn't hide behind computer keyboards where no one could find them.  And they didn't stand there hurling insults and hoping that would be enough to defeat the enemy, they used their guns and their fists."

Well, hey now, there, mediacrap, I think you're finally catching on! That's absolutely right! I knew I could straighten you out! Remember all that nonsense you were spouting about "real men" have "intimate conversations" or whatever the hell that liberal crap was? I cured ya, son! I'm glad you're finally wising up! Men act like men, not women. I think you might be actually growin' a pair!

Let's have a look-see what else you said though before we get carried away and declare you a real man and you run off braggin about it and such...

"I don't know if "enforcement" entails a ban or a suspension or merely a stern talking-to..."

Uh-oh, you're a goin' wobbly on me again now, Miss Prissypants. You have to learn how to assert yourself! Say what you mean and mean what you say! Stop watching Pee Wee's Playhouse and get some John Wayne westerns or something, maybe that'll help. Also, little guy, I'm just a little bit concerned about your reference to the modality of "a stern-talking-to" (LMAO!) in handling this crisis of me saying things you disagree with. You better look down there, son, I don't think there's a pair growing there afterall.

"(Oh, I'm sorry, am I using too many big words for you?)"

I don't know, maybe. Which ones did you consider the big ones?

"I'm taking my own advice and never talking to you again."

Well Pilgrim, from what I've seen here, I think that's the best advice you ever got.

barbara, don't get me wrong....you have some great redeeming qualities. Your sense of humor is impeccable. You have a great gift, don't waste

it. You just have to hone it in to the real world. From all the John Wayne movies I've seen (I love them all!), John would never go out of his way

to butcher people the way that you do. Do us proud, respect your peers, were not expected to all agree on everything. Lets just agree to disagree.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: March 10, 2012, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

barbara, don't get me wrong....you have some great redeeming qualities. Your sense of humor is impeccable. You have a great gift, don't waste

it. You just have to hone it in to the real world. From all the John Wayne movies I've seen (I love them all!), John would never go out of his way

to butcher people the way that you do. Do us proud, respect your peers, were not expected to all agree on everything. Lets just agree to disagree.

LOL, you're really obnoxious, ain'tcha? A typical lib.

You're like the politicians who put us into debt and then claim to have "a plan to solve our debt problems" at election time.

Do me a favor, numbnuts.

Go back and look at the beginning of this thread and see who the very first one was to start whining about what OldSchoolPa said in HIS thread.

Who was the very first one to call for censorship in his thread about Welfare & Jackpot Lottery Winners?

Who was upset about us talking about welfare even though it was integral to the topic?

Who was the very first one to tell everybody what should be allowed to be discussed in OldSchoolPa's thread?

You'll find it was YOU!

And now you purport to lecture me on my conduct?

Blow it out your azz, doofus.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: March 10, 2012, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

LOL, you're really obnoxious, ain'tcha? A typical lib.

You're like the politicians who put us into debt and then claim to have "a plan to solve our debt problems" at election time.

Do me a favor, numbnuts.

Go back and look at the beginning of this thread and see who the very first one was to start whining about what OldSchoolPa said in HIS thread.

Who was the very first one to call for censorship in his thread about Welfare & Jackpot Lottery Winners?

Who was upset about us talking about welfare even though it was integral to the topic?

Who was the very first one to tell everybody what should be allowed to be discussed in OldSchoolPa's thread?

You'll find it was YOU!

And now you purport to lecture me on my conduct?

Blow it out your azz, doofus.

Opps...someone definitely got up on the wrong side of the bed today.......three times!     Bed

New York's avatar - 103h4yr
        NYC
        United States
        Member #117984
        October 19, 2011
        1843 Posts
        Posted: March 10, 2012, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

Wow, what's going on!?! 

I come back to LP and see that Ridge has gone on a burning streak! Yikes! 

Let's just be happy that Jackpot winner had her benefits revoked. Why is there so much fighting going on amongst our LP family. 

Why can't we just get along and drink a twelve-pack Cheers. Why so much name calling and why the politics? Come on guys. 

Let's be nice and predict Tuesday's MM Jackpot numbers. Yes Nod

Rant

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: March 10, 2012, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

Wow, what's going on!?! 

Let's just be happy that Jackpot winner had her benefits revoked. Why is there so much fighting going on amongst our LP family. 

Why can't we just get along and drink a twelve-pack Cheers. Why so much name calling and why the politics? Come on guys. 

Rant

Roger that, New York.

And everything was going along swimmingly until mcginnin saw something he didn't want anybody else reading.

It was all downhill after that.

He wants to be the LP Censor because he's on welfare and doesn't want it discussed even if it's the title of the thread topic.

Well, I guess he'll just have to get over it.

--Edmund Burke

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: March 10, 2012, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

Wow, what's going on!?! 

Rant

Good luck New York on your exams! No fighting going on, just a lone poster who wants to bring us all down with his insane hate philosophy.

New York's avatar - 103h4yr
              NYC
              United States
              Member #117984
              October 19, 2011
              1843 Posts
              Posted: March 10, 2012, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

@ mcginnin - Thanks! 

@ Ridge - Zero tolerance perhaps? I see your point.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: March 10, 2012, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

@ mcginnin - Thanks! 

@ Ridge - Zero tolerance perhaps? I see your point.

Yeah, like a book-burning ordered by a latter-day nazi.

--Edmund Burke

Bigheadnick's avatar - badluck
                  Taunton, Ma
                  United States
                  Member #123005
                  February 11, 2012
                  136 Posts
                  Posted: March 10, 2012, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

Actually it was Dana who first hijacked this thread with the comment about "theses welfare folk" then Pa elaborated and Sully chimed in with another attack on anyone getting welfare not just the abusers. Then mcginn made the point that this isn't the place to be debating the welfare system as whole , because it was supposed to be about people who continue to receive benefits even after winning.  And then of course you chimed in with your hate filled rantings. Something we are all fed up with. Now it's gone completely off the rails and this thread has devolved into a flame fest. You being the biggest instigator.

I believe this is exactly what you wanted it to be. My question is why a lotto site to express your hate for liberals ? Why couldn't you, dana, sully and Pa just left it at the original topic at hand? Why do you feel the need to just attack liberals and even moderates at any opportunity ? I'm pretty sure no one you're attacking even liberals of this sight think what the woman in the story did was ok. And yet your attacking any one who doesnt fit your conservative criteria anyway. It's not good enough that we all agree this woman is a leach, we have to all agree with everything else you say too or we're all America hating limp wristed libs.

My friend of 20 years is a true capitalist, anti welfare, small government conservative and even he would be disgusted by your antics. The difference between you and he is he has the ability to reason and knows theres a time and place. We can disagree without attacking each other. When I'm doing work on his shop, he doesnt start calling me a limp wristed liberal for believing in safety nets. This is not the place for your political agenda. This is my last attempt to reason with you. If nothing I've said can get through to you thick skull then block me now because I'm gonna give you some of your own medicine by trolling all your posts with insults and rantings that have nothing to do with the subject. Good day Barb Wink

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: March 10, 2012, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, like a book-burning ordered by a latter-day nazi.

Comin' babara I knew you'd say that......stop being so dam predictable.  Hippy

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: March 10, 2012, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

Actually it was Dana who first hijacked this thread with the comment about "theses welfare folk" then Pa elaborated and Sully chimed in with another attack on anyone getting welfare not just the abusers. Then mcginn made the point that this isn't the place to be debating the welfare system as whole , because it was supposed to be about people who continue to receive benefits even after winning.  And then of course you chimed in with your hate filled rantings. Something we are all fed up with. Now it's gone completely off the rails and this thread has devolved into a flame fest. You being the biggest instigator.

I believe this is exactly what you wanted it to be. My question is why a lotto site to express your hate for liberals ? Why couldn't you, dana, sully and Pa just left it at the original topic at hand? Why do you feel the need to just attack liberals and even moderates at any opportunity ? I'm pretty sure no one you're attacking even liberals of this sight think what the woman in the story did was ok. And yet your attacking any one who doesnt fit your conservative criteria anyway. It's not good enough that we all agree this woman is a leach, we have to all agree with everything else you say too or we're all America hating limp wristed libs.

My friend of 20 years is a true capitalist, anti welfare, small government conservative and even he would be disgusted by your antics. The difference between you and he is he has the ability to reason and knows theres a time and place. We can disagree without attacking each other. When I'm doing work on his shop, he doesnt start calling me a limp wristed liberal for believing in safety nets. This is not the place for your political agenda. This is my last attempt to reason with you. If nothing I've said can get through to you thick skull then block me now because I'm gonna give you some of your own medicine by trolling all your posts with insults and rantings that have nothing to do with the subject. Good day Barb Wink

Blah, blah, blah...

You do what you think is best, princess.

Now run along.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                        Member #111442
                        May 25, 2011
                        6323 Posts
                        Posted: March 10, 2012, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

Blah, blah, blah...

Now run along.

Your boring barbara....so exceedingly boring that you have no relevance. Now take your lady out for vittles. Give us LP'ers a chance to

get over your lunacy for at least an hour or so...........please barbara.......please!!!! Have mercy.    Crying

Bigheadnick's avatar - badluck
                          Taunton, Ma
                          United States
                          Member #123005
                          February 11, 2012
                          136 Posts
                          Posted: March 10, 2012, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

Blah, blah, blah...

Now run along.

And the troll has been defeated. You've been reduced to nothing more than a puddle barbara, incapable of even putting together an argument, merely random insults. pathetic.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: March 10, 2012, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

And the troll has been defeated. You've been reduced to nothing more than a puddle barbara, incapable of even putting together an argument, merely random insults. pathetic.

You're absolutely right, BigHickNed.

How could I... How could anybody possibly come out on top when going up against people like you and numbnuts and mediacrap and the putz and the pie-lady?

You guys are The Dream Team!

I'm a beaten man.

Oh, the humanity!

--Edmund Burke

United States
                              Member #111442
                              May 25, 2011
                              6323 Posts
                              Posted: March 10, 2012, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

You're absolutely right, BigHickNed.

How could I... How could anybody possibly come out on top when going up against people like you and numbnuts and mediacrap and the putz and the pie-lady?

You guys are The Dream Team!

I'm a beaten man.

Oh, the humanity!

barbara, you are a beaten woman. Nothing to be ashamed of....you are what you are. As a peace treaty, would you allow me to pay your

next years LP Platinum membership?  I would consider this to be a great honor.    Hyper

Page 10 of 12