Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Welfare & Jackpot Lottery Winners

Topic closed. 167 replies. Last post 5 years ago by RL-RANDOMLOGIC.

Page 6 of 12
PrintE-mailLink

Is It Ethical For $1M+ Lottery Winners to Continue Collecting State Welfare?

Yes, if still unemployed, I'm entitled to it. [ 8 ]  [14.04%]
It depends... [ 8 ]  [14.04%]
No, if you still want more money, get a job! [ 22 ]  [38.60%]
No, those caught doing so should be thrown in jail [ 19 ]  [33.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 57 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
Member #59354
March 13, 2008
3962 Posts
Posted: March 8, 2012, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

I think public assistance should be ran like unemployment insurance, If you have not paid in then

there is nothing to draw out.   Exceptions should always be made to protect those who really need

it.  It seems to me that 20 million new jobs could be created if we just cleared the US of illegals. 

On second thought maybe we are looking at this all wrong.  We have people here that won't get

a job and at the same time we have people leaving there own country and families and comming

here to work.  Maybe we need to keep the workers and get rid of the others.

I also agree that a JP winner should have to repay any amount they might have received. 

roaches run for cover when you shine a light on them,  It seems that even a bug that mooches

for a living is ashamed of it's actions.  Some people treat welfare as if it's something owed to them.

For me, It would be very hard to ask for public assistance but I am not starving either.  If I found

myself in that situation I might try starvation putting it off as long as possible.  Who knows, being

hungry might motivate me to look harder for a job and be less picky. 

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: March 8, 2012, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

I think public assistance should be ran like unemployment insurance, If you have not paid in then

there is nothing to draw out.   Exceptions should always be made to protect those who really need

it.  It seems to me that 20 million new jobs could be created if we just cleared the US of illegals. 

On second thought maybe we are looking at this all wrong.  We have people here that won't get

a job and at the same time we have people leaving there own country and families and comming

here to work.  Maybe we need to keep the workers and get rid of the others.

I also agree that a JP winner should have to repay any amount they might have received. 

roaches run for cover when you shine a light on them,  It seems that even a bug that mooches

for a living is ashamed of it's actions.  Some people treat welfare as if it's something owed to them.

For me, It would be very hard to ask for public assistance but I am not starving either.  If I found

myself in that situation I might try starvation putting it off as long as possible.  Who knows, being

hungry might motivate me to look harder for a job and be less picky. 

RL

I agree, RL.

And although I think it's wrong for someone to be drawing public aid when they're not destitute, I also believe that the government helps themselves to waaay too big a share of our jackpot winnings.

And the worst part is when you know they're most likely just going to piss it away on something stupid. Or when you look at the National Debt Counter spinning away, you realize your contribution of millions will be gone in just a few minutes of paying interest on the debt that our leaders keep racking up in our grandchildren's names.

There should be a federal cap of like 5% on jackpots and even that is too much.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
      Member #59354
      March 13, 2008
      3962 Posts
      Posted: March 8, 2012, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

I agree, RL.

And although I think it's wrong for someone to be drawing public aid when they're not destitute, I also believe that the government helps themselves to waaay too big a share of our jackpot winnings.

And the worst part is when you know they're most likely just going to piss it away on something stupid. Or when you look at the National Debt Counter spinning away, you realize your contribution of millions will be gone in just a few minutes of paying interest on the debt that our leaders keep racking up in our grandchildren's names.

There should be a federal cap of like 5% on jackpots and even that is too much.

ridge

I don't think that people understand that they are priming there children for slavery.  Once the bubble

pops slavery will again become a thriving industry.  Many may think this is absurd but once you have 

people depending on handouts they have already bowed down to there master.   The true strength

behind the power of this country has always been the willingness to achive.  People willing to go the

extra mile to get what they want.  I am afraid that the creek is running dry and the day is comming.

About one in 80 people in the US are millionaires and I have no problem with anyone wanting to be

financially free which in todays world takes around 1.5 mill.  Bankers sit around trying to figure out how

to take more and more as there share.  The housing market was a good example of what greed can

do to a free economy.  Someone has to stand up and tell people the truth and I see more of that here

at LP than I do from washington. 

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: March 8, 2012, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

Updated Translation: The post mcginnin was talking about that I commented on was not yours.

But I can see your mistake because my post was made after several of yours and many others. I really don't care if any are off topic or not; I was making a prediction. If only my lottery number predictions were as accurate.

I'm sorry about that Stack.

I misunderstood.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: March 8, 2012, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

ridge

I don't think that people understand that they are priming there children for slavery.  Once the bubble

pops slavery will again become a thriving industry.  Many may think this is absurd but once you have 

people depending on handouts they have already bowed down to there master.   The true strength

behind the power of this country has always been the willingness to achive.  People willing to go the

extra mile to get what they want.  I am afraid that the creek is running dry and the day is comming.

About one in 80 people in the US are millionaires and I have no problem with anyone wanting to be

financially free which in todays world takes around 1.5 mill.  Bankers sit around trying to figure out how

to take more and more as there share.  The housing market was a good example of what greed can

do to a free economy.  Someone has to stand up and tell people the truth and I see more of that here

at LP than I do from washington. 

RL

Roger that RL. 

God help us.

Wait'll the government is the single payer for health care and they start telling these idiots that wanted it what they can eat and start telling restaurants what they can serve and stores what food they can sell. Cuz afterall, they're paying for your healthcare! You'll eat what they tell you to eat and like it. Kashi burgers for everybody!

--Edmund Burke

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
            adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            3300 Posts
            Posted: March 9, 2012, 12:47 am - IP Logged

if i was this winner the 1st thing i would do , is to avail myself  a free eductaion from the state, and  study financial planning.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

kyokushin187's avatar - evildead2
              cornwall,ct
              United States
              Member #102636
              December 23, 2010
              245 Posts
              Posted: March 9, 2012, 8:12 am - IP Logged

I agree that if you win the lottery that public assistance  should stop. but my question is how in the heck did the  media know that this person was getting stamps. when I win you can bet the media won't be doing any story me or this site,local news or anywhere else.no one will know I won but me.the media is to nosey.

Kyokushin karate a.k.a.

" The strongest Karate"

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: March 9, 2012, 10:57 am - IP Logged

I agree that if you win the lottery that public assistance  should stop. but my question is how in the heck did the  media know that this person was getting stamps. when I win you can bet the media won't be doing any story me or this site,local news or anywhere else.no one will know I won but me.the media is to nosey.

It's the whole mood and tone of the country now since the last election. It's a political strategy. Almost like the old British Empire tactic of Divide and Conquer. And the mainstream media is in collusion.

It's Class Warfare. He's divided us all and turned us against each other. 

Anyone who excells or is more successful than you becomes the enemy and must be punished. Everybody should be the same and everybody is entitled to share your wealth whether you like it or not. And the takers are in such large numbers now that they can vote themselves even more free stuff by electing those who promise it.

We're at the point now where the people demanding a free living from the government without working are simply overwhelming the system. It's like the Goose That Laid the Golden Egg. When the goose can't lay those eggs fast enough or in large enough quantities, they'll come for the Goose, kill it and eat it. And then the whole system collapses.

Liberals are like a plague of locusts descending on the Amber Waves of Grain.

--Edmund Burke

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #2448
                  October 4, 2003
                  25875 Posts
                  Posted: March 9, 2012, 11:11 am - IP Logged

You cannot speak for me or other about what the last election has done. Your life is really simpleminded.  Attack the left no matter the subject, and decide you know how the whole world thinks.

You're that guy that bitches about the government meddling in our lives, while you spew your condescending know it all, racist, hate-filled rants, like some robot who's brain function is on constant replay.

I assure you there are sane people who can see the wrongs and incompetence of politicians and people from all sides of the aisles. Then there are people like you who want to just bitch and claim to know it all, when actually showing how ignorant and narrowminded you are.

When did you have the time to travel the US talking to all these people who since the last election, who told you personally Obama has turned us against each other? I know for a fact I never told you that, so already you've proven yourself to be a liar.

Keep spewing your hate and calling names and blaming liberals for everything that is wrong with the world. Eventually, people will figure out just how imbalanced you are.

Every thread you comment on, you break into your tireless rants and idiocy, and its ashamed LP has let people like you sour the taste of the site.

Use your blog, where likeminded people can interact with you and your ignorance. Of course, you won't enjoy that.  It takes away your ability to bully those who disagree with you.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: March 9, 2012, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Uh-oh, somebody got up on the wrong side of bed!

--Edmund Burke

Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #2448
                      October 4, 2003
                      25875 Posts
                      Posted: March 9, 2012, 11:26 am - IP Logged

Uh-oh, somebody got up on the wrong side of bed!

It figures you would make light of the comments, but that is typical of your ilk. You have a nice day.  My time and intellect is too important to argue with someone who doesn't live in reality.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: March 9, 2012, 11:41 am - IP Logged

It figures you would make light of the comments, but that is typical of your ilk. You have a nice day.  My time and intellect is too important to argue with someone who doesn't live in reality.

"My time and intellect is too important to argue with someone who doesn't live in reality."

Actually, that should read "My time and intellect "are" too important to argue with someone who doesn't live in reality."

That would make your intellect a little less questionable anyway. Just sayin'...

You have a nice day too.

--Edmund Burke

Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #2448
                          October 4, 2003
                          25875 Posts
                          Posted: March 9, 2012, 11:50 am - IP Logged

"My time and intellect is too important to argue with someone who doesn't live in reality."

Actually, that should read "My time and intellect "are" too important to argue with someone who doesn't live in reality."

That would make your intellect a little less questionable anyway. Just sayin'...

You have a nice day too.

Thank you for the correction Ridge. That was the best you could do.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                            TX
                            United States
                            Member #121193
                            January 4, 2012
                            1637 Posts
                            Posted: March 9, 2012, 11:55 am - IP Logged

Thank you for the correction Ridge. That was the best you could do.

Jorli, you seem to be making posts of anger by my interpretation. As a platinum member, you do have the option of placing Ridge on ignore. Might be a more feasible option. Hope you have a better day and do some winning in the jackpot department...take good care and drive safely See Ya!

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #2448
                              October 4, 2003
                              25875 Posts
                              Posted: March 9, 2012, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

Jorli, you seem to be making posts of anger by my interpretation. As a platinum member, you do have the option of placing Ridge on ignore. Might be a more feasible option. Hope you have a better day and do some winning in the jackpot department...take good care and drive safely See Ya!

Ahhh just like clockwork, CDana, the follower chimes in. Your interpretation isn't my concern. Also, unless you have become the Webmaster, and I know you ARE NOT, don't tell me how to take advantage of my Platinum Membership. 

And why is it you don't have a Platinum or Gold Membership?

Page 6 of 12