Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Welfare & Jackpot Lottery Winners

Topic closed. 167 replies. Last post 5 years ago by RL-RANDOMLOGIC.

Page 8 of 12
PrintE-mailLink

Is It Ethical For $1M+ Lottery Winners to Continue Collecting State Welfare?

Yes, if still unemployed, I'm entitled to it. [ 8 ]  [14.04%]
It depends... [ 8 ]  [14.04%]
No, if you still want more money, get a job! [ 22 ]  [38.60%]
No, those caught doing so should be thrown in jail [ 19 ]  [33.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 57 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
NY
United States
Member #23835
October 16, 2005
3474 Posts
Posted: March 10, 2012, 1:20 am - IP Logged

Even if the numbers on the usgovernmentspending site are accurate, the biggest problem is in what gets lumped into the "welfare" category. Ridge will be among the first to tell you that the constitution's general welfare clause isn't about public assistance. Well, neither is a lot of what's in that pie chart claiming how much is spent on "welfare". The fact is, the federal government doesn't have a spending category called welfare.

Ridge will also tell you what a great guy Ronald Reagan was, but instead of reducing welfare reagan devoted his energy to increased military spending (and consulting his astrologer). Not being a tax and spend liberals Reagan didn't spend our tax money on that, though. He just borrowed to finance his spending, because borrowing money let's you tell people you're keeping their taxes down. It was Bill Clinton who brought about the first substantial overhaul of welfare in 30 years, when he signed the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act in 1996. Since then the number of people (not families) on the welfare rolls has dropped from over 12 million to about 4 million (2009 figures). That's about 1.3% of the population.

Now let's use Ridge's claim of $74 billion to see what the real percentage is. According to the World Bank, the US GDP for 2010 was $14.59 trillion, or $14,590 billion.  74/14,590=0.0051   That's 0.51%. That's right, just a hair over 1/2 of 1% of GDP.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: March 10, 2012, 2:23 am - IP Logged

Even if the numbers on the usgovernmentspending site are accurate, the biggest problem is in what gets lumped into the "welfare" category. Ridge will be among the first to tell you that the constitution's general welfare clause isn't about public assistance. Well, neither is a lot of what's in that pie chart claiming how much is spent on "welfare". The fact is, the federal government doesn't have a spending category called welfare.

Ridge will also tell you what a great guy Ronald Reagan was, but instead of reducing welfare reagan devoted his energy to increased military spending (and consulting his astrologer). Not being a tax and spend liberals Reagan didn't spend our tax money on that, though. He just borrowed to finance his spending, because borrowing money let's you tell people you're keeping their taxes down. It was Bill Clinton who brought about the first substantial overhaul of welfare in 30 years, when he signed the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act in 1996. Since then the number of people (not families) on the welfare rolls has dropped from over 12 million to about 4 million (2009 figures). That's about 1.3% of the population.

Now let's use Ridge's claim of $74 billion to see what the real percentage is. According to the World Bank, the US GDP for 2010 was $14.59 trillion, or $14,590 billion.  74/14,590=0.0051   That's 0.51%. That's right, just a hair over 1/2 of 1% of GDP.

LOL What a dope.

Hey! K-Y Jelly Floyd! I thought I smelled something! How ya doin' numbnuts? I was thinkin' about ya today. 

I always think about ya on these windy days when I know you have to deal with your comb-over flopping back and forth in the breeze on your bald head.

Maybe you should use some of that K-Y Jelly to grease that sonofab*tch down real good.

Ya look goofy when it's standin' straight up when ya walk in that New York Bath House, floydie. Your hair that is, floydie, your hair.

Well, jellyman, it's just as I predicted, ain't it? You ran away and hid for a while after I caught you in another one of your big fat lies, didn't ya?

I called you out on it and you ran and hid like the gutless lib weasel you are.

And I told everybody exactly what you would do and you did it, didn't ya? Ya ran and hid.

And now you come crawling back on your hands and knees like you always do and think you can suck up to me?    LOL

I did look at your post though, floydie. LOL 

Floydie, floydie, floydie, somebody's gotta tell ya, numbnuts...

Even though you do it all the time, you really suck at lying.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Bigheadnick's avatar - badluck
      Taunton, Ma
      United States
      Member #123005
      February 11, 2012
      136 Posts
      Posted: March 10, 2012, 3:30 am - IP Logged

LOL What a dope.

Hey! K-Y Jelly Floyd! I thought I smelled something! How ya doin' numbnuts? I was thinkin' about ya today. 

I always think about ya on these windy days when I know you have to deal with your comb-over flopping back and forth in the breeze on your bald head.

Maybe you should use some of that K-Y Jelly to grease that sonofab*tch down real good.

Ya look goofy when it's standin' straight up when ya walk in that New York Bath House, floydie. Your hair that is, floydie, your hair.

Well, jellyman, it's just as I predicted, ain't it? You ran away and hid for a while after I caught you in another one of your big fat lies, didn't ya?

And I told everybody exactly what you would do and you did it, didn't ya? Ya ran and hid.

And now you come crawling back on your hands and knees like you always do and think you can suck up to me?    LOL

Wow barbara, that's some rebuttal there. No comments to what he's actually saying huh? Just random insults and calling him a liar. Wow I'm impressed with those dabate skills you got there. Such a supreme intellect. You're just so witty. How could anyone possibly disagree with you ? You block me yet? Pwetty pwease don't bwock me, I'm sooo scared you overgrown troll.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
        Member #59354
        March 13, 2008
        3971 Posts
        Posted: March 10, 2012, 4:44 am - IP Logged

It's the whole mood and tone of the country now since the last election. It's a political strategy. Almost like the old British Empire tactic of Divide and Conquer. And the mainstream media is in collusion.

It's Class Warfare. He's divided us all and turned us against each other. 

Anyone who excells or is more successful than you becomes the enemy and must be punished. Everybody should be the same and everybody is entitled to share your wealth whether you like it or not. And the takers are in such large numbers now that they can vote themselves even more free stuff by electing those who promise it.

We're at the point now where the people demanding a free living from the government without working are simply overwhelming the system. It's like the Goose That Laid the Golden Egg. When the goose can't lay those eggs fast enough or in large enough quantities, they'll come for the Goose, kill it and eat it. And then the whole system collapses.

Liberals are like a plague of locusts descending on the Amber Waves of Grain.

Ridge

The best I can describe our current situation, It's like a bunch of people partying on a ship at

sea, They have ran out of wood to build their bonfires so now their tearing the ship apart and

burning it piece by piece.   Party tell they drown, party tell they drown.   I wish it would end that

way but I know once they burn their ship they will want mine.  <snip>ed loaded and waiting.  It's

said that a mind is a terrible thing to waste, I think whats even worse to keep someone on life

support when they would die without it. 

RL

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: March 10, 2012, 7:09 am - IP Logged

LOL What a dope.

Wow. I think you just about eroded whatever shred of credibility you had remaining ridge. Is there anyone out there you don't hate?   Roll Eyes

If you were to appear in a public debate using that demented language and pointless rage, you'd be booed or laughed off the podium.     Puke

I'm sure the administrators of this site must be extremely proud of your destructive behavior and accomplished bullying skills.   Jester Laugh

Rage and rant on ridge.......of that much we can all predict you'll continue doing. Wait.......are those crickets I hear.........crickets???      Green laugh

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: March 10, 2012, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Wow. I think you just about eroded whatever shred of credibility you had remaining ridge. Is there anyone out there you don't hate?   Roll Eyes

If you were to appear in a public debate using that demented language and pointless rage, you'd be booed or laughed off the podium.     Puke

I'm sure the administrators of this site must be extremely proud of your destructive behavior and accomplished bullying skills.   Jester Laugh

Rage and rant on ridge.......of that much we can all predict you'll continue doing. Wait.......are those crickets I hear.........crickets???      Green laugh

Well, well, well...

I wondered how long it would take for you to drop your phony "Conservative" facade and charade, you liberal pansy.

Was it the thought of K-Y Jelly floyd and the new liberal NY marriage law that set your heart all aflutter?

Has he been whispering sweet nothings via PM?

Are you just dying to get together and paint each other's toenails?

"...you just about eroded whatever shred of credibility you had..."

LOL, I'm so glad to hear you say that Twinkletoes, because if there's one thing I've been wanting to tell you for a while now, it's this - "Please don't be on my side" (I'm sure that's not the first time you've ever heard that). Your mindless banter and your endless, boring, small-talk, happy-talk drivel with the ever-present, happy little emoticons after every other word really start to creep me out after a while. Have you ever considered acting like a man instead of a woman? Do all men act feminine like you up there? Creepy, dude, really CREEPY.

"I'm sure the administrators of this site must be extremely proud of your destructive behavior and accomplished bullying skills."

Wow pansyman, how original! Another lib using rhetoric to try to get me bounced or to shut me up. Why don't you muster up all the courage in your weasel-like little persona and act like a man for once and just tell the administrators what you want done instead of using rhetoric? Just say it. Stop being a typical liberal gutless coward.

I never did cotton to mindless babblers like you but I've always tried to be polite and not hurt their feelings cuz I know that guys like you get all emotional and such. But the older I get, the less patience I find I can muster to put up with it. And I ain't apologizin' for it. I've listened to enough mindless babblers drone on and on without telling them to shut up to last me 10 lifetimes. Well enough. Like the old saying goes - "Some people speak because they have something to say and some people speak because they have to say something." You're in the latter group.

But it's a free country (well, somewhat) and you can go on flappin' your gums and babbling about nothing to your heart's content.

Because lucky for you, there's no law against being an insufferable moron.

Have a nice day.     

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: March 10, 2012, 11:44 am - IP Logged

Wow barbara, that's some rebuttal there. No comments to what he's actually saying huh? Just random insults and calling him a liar. Wow I'm impressed with those dabate skills you got there. Such a supreme intellect. You're just so witty. How could anyone possibly disagree with you ? You block me yet? Pwetty pwease don't bwock me, I'm sooo scared you overgrown troll.

" Wow I'm impressed with those dabate skills you got there. Such a supreme intellect. You're just so witty."

"dabate"

LMAO!

Hey everybody!

Anybody wanna "dabate" BigHickNed?

Someone PLEASE "dabate" him! It'll be so intellectually stimulating for you! LOL!

Hey BigHick, maybe this is how you're supposed to spell it ------>  "Duh-bate"

Woooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo!

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: March 10, 2012, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

Ridge

The best I can describe our current situation, It's like a bunch of people partying on a ship at

sea, They have ran out of wood to build their bonfires so now their tearing the ship apart and

burning it piece by piece.   Party tell they drown, party tell they drown.   I wish it would end that

way but I know once they burn their ship they will want mine.  <snip>ed loaded and waiting.  It's

said that a mind is a terrible thing to waste, I think whats even worse to keep someone on life

support when they would die without it. 

RL

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Good analogy, RL.

Keep your powder dry, brother.

--Edmund Burke

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #2448
                  October 4, 2003
                  25893 Posts
                  Posted: March 10, 2012, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

How childish, immature and sad you are. What is sadder that people of all walks of life on this site have to endure this nonsense babble.  You are clearly a homophobic, racist, sexist individual and that says a lot about you. How sad you are that you can only insult, call names and lie, to push your extremist agenda. You have your faithful followers to keep you feeling secure in the pod of ignorance where you reside. You have violated rules of Lottery Post and you get away with it. Trolling, personal attack and hijacking threads.

Where is your life? You spend a predominant amount of time on the LP doing nothing but being insulting, political and a bully. Your anger about liberals and gays and people of color and people on welfare is only going to erupt into you calling these people you rant about, the stronger more incendiary names that face to face with these folks could finally silence your big bigoted, hateful mouth.

You've become quite a celebrity..to those who obviously are as pathetic as you are. Its okay for people to agree with you, but if they agree with the personal attacks as well, then LP has not been hijacked by a lot of divisive racists, homophobes and sexists. I doubt that was the intent of the owner.

You have no shame for the impression you are giving others about who you are and how you seem to be owning this type of disgusting and despicable agenda.  You have posted more than 30 comments on this one thread, and its all about the same BS.

When you can't handle someone else's comments, you insult, call names, perform a spellcheck on their comment, instead of addressing their comment like a real human.

All I know is, you're pathetic and you are someone who is quite comfortable sitting at a computer, typing incendiary and hateful things to people you don't know. I am confident you're too much of a coward to do it face to face.

Again, I am amazed at the many violations of the rules you seem to be getting away with. I'm more amazed at the lack of respect you have for LP, all people and yourself.

ChaosX's avatar - dnf
                    Morris County, NJ
                    United States
                    Member #114357
                    July 29, 2011
                    656 Posts
                    Posted: March 10, 2012, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

I don't know who to believe now...

"If you really want something in this life you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the lottery numbers." - Homer J. Simpson

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: March 10, 2012, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

How childish, immature and sad you are. What is sadder that people of all walks of life on this site have to endure this nonsense babble.  You are clearly a homophobic, racist, sexist individual and that says a lot about you. How sad you are that you can only insult, call names and lie, to push your extremist agenda. You have your faithful followers to keep you feeling secure in the pod of ignorance where you reside. You have violated rules of Lottery Post and you get away with it. Trolling, personal attack and hijacking threads.

Where is your life? You spend a predominant amount of time on the LP doing nothing but being insulting, political and a bully. Your anger about liberals and gays and people of color and people on welfare is only going to erupt into you calling these people you rant about, the stronger more incendiary names that face to face with these folks could finally silence your big bigoted, hateful mouth.

You've become quite a celebrity..to those who obviously are as pathetic as you are. Its okay for people to agree with you, but if they agree with the personal attacks as well, then LP has not been hijacked by a lot of divisive racists, homophobes and sexists. I doubt that was the intent of the owner.

You have no shame for the impression you are giving others about who you are and how you seem to be owning this type of disgusting and despicable agenda.  You have posted more than 30 comments on this one thread, and its all about the same BS.

When you can't handle someone else's comments, you insult, call names, perform a spellcheck on their comment, instead of addressing their comment like a real human.

All I know is, you're pathetic and you are someone who is quite comfortable sitting at a computer, typing incendiary and hateful things to people you don't know. I am confident you're too much of a coward to do it face to face.

Again, I am amazed at the many violations of the rules you seem to be getting away with. I'm more amazed at the lack of respect you have for LP, all people and yourself.

Sounds like somebody needs a hug!   Love

OK, one quick hug and then it's off to the kitchen with ya and make me a pie!   Big Grin

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: March 10, 2012, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

I don't know who to believe now...

Let it hinge on whether you love this country or not, ChaosX.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                          Member #79057
                          August 26, 2009
                          70 Posts
                          Posted: March 10, 2012, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

What yerself Floyd!

Read between the lines when Barbara speaks:

KY Jelly

I was thinking about you yesterday

Grease that sonofab*tch down real good

hair flopping over in the breeze

New York bath house

Crawling on your hands and knees to suck up to me??

Sounds like Barbara's got a crush.   It's always the guys who protest too much that are hiding some latent feeling.   I guess if you call enough people "limp wristed" no one looks down at your own wrists.   Sounds like if Ridgy ever met ya "down in the holla" he'd try and make you do some real screaming ala Deliverance style.   I think Barbara might be the perfect name for this perfect lady we all call Ridge (among other names).

Barbie... you need to see someone and come to grips with your feelings.  Don't worry most libs will accept you as this is America and you should be free to love who you want.  As for you're buddies down the bait shack... they might love you as well.   It can be just like when you graduated 7th grade - drink enough moonshine and it never happened.  Now I understand all those "Paint your nails" comments.   You poor closeted little man.

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #2448
                            October 4, 2003
                            25893 Posts
                            Posted: March 10, 2012, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like somebody needs a hug!   Love

OK, one quick hug and then it's off to the kitchen with ya and make me a pie!   Big Grin

You are one ignorant son of a bitch.

ChaosX's avatar - dnf
                              Morris County, NJ
                              United States
                              Member #114357
                              July 29, 2011
                              656 Posts
                              Posted: March 10, 2012, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

Let it hinge on whether you love this country or not, ChaosX.

Love is a pretty strong word.  Can't we just be really good friends with benefits?

"If you really want something in this life you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the lottery numbers." - Homer J. Simpson

Page 8 of 12