Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Welfare & Jackpot Lottery Winners

Topic closed. 167 replies. Last post 5 years ago by RL-RANDOMLOGIC.

Page 4 of 12
PrintE-mailLink

Is It Ethical For $1M+ Lottery Winners to Continue Collecting State Welfare?

Yes, if still unemployed, I'm entitled to it. [ 8 ]  [14.04%]
It depends... [ 8 ]  [14.04%]
No, if you still want more money, get a job! [ 22 ]  [38.60%]
No, those caught doing so should be thrown in jail [ 19 ]  [33.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 57 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Bigheadnick's avatar - badluck
Taunton, Ma
United States
Member #123005
February 11, 2012
136 Posts
Posted: March 8, 2012, 1:24 am - IP Logged

Welp, looks like BigHickNed knows the old lib disappearing trick when he's caught in a whopper.

He was here a minute ago but all I hear is crickets now.

You can come out Ned, I won't make you prove all your nonsense.

Welp, you're an imbecile who assumes anoyone who isn't a rush limbaugh drone must be a moonbat liberal, Sorry if I can't be on here 24/7 to respond to your every half witted post immediately. Some of us have lives outside of our computers.

"Yep, just keep poppin' out them babies and the libs'll give you a raise each time you do.

Just make sure the old man is out of the house when the worker comes.

And teach all your kids that the government is supposed to support them all their lives too"

"

VERY well put, OldSchoolPa.

I agree 100%.   " in response to Pa's wall o text that went in 10 different directions also nothing to do with the original subject save for a couple sentences.

"

LOL, that's just part of their makeup, t*t.

Whining.

Hell hath no fury like a lib that sees something he doesn't agree with.

He wants it censored immediately."

And theres nothing but lib bashing in half of the threads you comment in. I'm not a lib you baffoon. I'm independant and moderate, I take what I believe from both parties. You only believe what sean hannity tells you to just as the libs only believe what michael moore tells them. You're no better because you only acknowledge the faults of the other side.You have no ability to be introspective. People like you offend me as an independant. Why don't you take your crap to a conservative chat forum ? instead of spewing you drivel here? FYI-I would say the same if you were a liberal doing nothing but bashing conservatives.

To th OP: this was obviously a bait thread intended to be a conservative sounding board. You were looking for a flame fest and now you got one. I hope the mods lock this crap.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: March 8, 2012, 2:04 am - IP Logged

Welp, you're an imbecile who assumes anoyone who isn't a rush limbaugh drone must be a moonbat liberal, Sorry if I can't be on here 24/7 to respond to your every half witted post immediately. Some of us have lives outside of our computers.

"Yep, just keep poppin' out them babies and the libs'll give you a raise each time you do.

Just make sure the old man is out of the house when the worker comes.

And teach all your kids that the government is supposed to support them all their lives too"

"

VERY well put, OldSchoolPa.

I agree 100%.   " in response to Pa's wall o text that went in 10 different directions also nothing to do with the original subject save for a couple sentences.

"

LOL, that's just part of their makeup, t*t.

Whining.

Hell hath no fury like a lib that sees something he doesn't agree with.

He wants it censored immediately."

And theres nothing but lib bashing in half of the threads you comment in. I'm not a lib you baffoon. I'm independant and moderate, I take what I believe from both parties. You only believe what sean hannity tells you to just as the libs only believe what michael moore tells them. You're no better because you only acknowledge the faults of the other side.You have no ability to be introspective. People like you offend me as an independant. Why don't you take your crap to a conservative chat forum ? instead of spewing you drivel here? FYI-I would say the same if you were a liberal doing nothing but bashing conservatives.

To th OP: this was obviously a bait thread intended to be a conservative sounding board. You were looking for a flame fest and now you got one. I hope the mods lock this crap.

LOL LOL, there you go again Ned. You just can't cut it, can ya?

I told you to post everything that I posted that wasn't about the topic up to that point and you just can't do it, can ya son?

That's why you chose to respond to a different post, ain't it son?

I told you I would let you go Ned, you didn't have to make a fool of yourself.

Now...

Ya know Ned, you're my favorite kind of lib. Ya know why? Quit pickin' yer nose and I'll tell ya.

My favorite libs are the ones that make themselves so dadgum easy to peg. It's the ones who always say - "Well, I'm not left or right, I'm not Republican or democrat, I don't care about who's liberal or Conservative, I'm a moderate Independent." And then they go on a big long liberal whining rant. Never fails. What a load of sh*t.

I know it's embarrassing but just admit it Ned, you're just a liberal, America-hating puke like your buddies here.

But the key, the crux, the core, the nucleus of the inner-workings and focus of all you pieces of crap is the same -  to shut up the opposition.

And that, you make abundantly clear in your last statement -  "I hope the mods lock this crap."

And that is the main focus and goal in life of every weasel-like lib like you, Ned - to shut up anybody you disagree with.

Well get over it son, it ain't happenin'.

And please submit your nonsense to mediacrap from now on. He says he can correct all your spelling and change your words so they fit the context and try to explain what you're trying to say. He said he'd translate for ya, Ned.

Thanks ever so much. 

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Bigheadnick's avatar - badluck
      Taunton, Ma
      United States
      Member #123005
      February 11, 2012
      136 Posts
      Posted: March 8, 2012, 3:28 am - IP Logged

LOL LOL, there you go again Ned. You just can't cut it, can ya?

I told you to post everything that I posted that wasn't about the topic up to that point and you just can't do it, can ya son?

That's why you chose to respond to a different post, ain't it son?

I told you I would let you go Ned, you didn't have to make a fool of yourself.

Now...

Ya know Ned, you're my favorite kind of lib. Ya know why? Quit pickin' yer nose and I'll tell ya.

My favorite libs are the ones that make themselves so dadgum easy to peg. It's the ones who always say - "Well, I'm not left or right, I'm not Republican or democrat, I don't care about who's liberal or Conservative, I'm a moderate Independent." And then they go on a big long liberal whining rant. Never fails. What a load of sh*t.

I know it's embarrassing but just admit it Ned, you're just a liberal, America-hating puke like your buddies here.

But the key, the crux, the core, the nucleus of the inner-workings and focus of all you pieces of crap is the same -  to shut up the opposition.

And that, you make abundantly clear in your last statement -  "I hope the mods lock this crap."

And that is the main focus and goal in life of every weasel-like lib like you, Ned - to shut up anybody you disagree with.

Well get over it son, it ain't happenin'.

And please submit your nonsense to mediacrap from now on. He says he can correct all your spelling and change your words so they fit the context and try to explain what you're trying to say. He said he'd translate for ya, Ned.

Thanks ever so much. 

It doesn't matter if it's after or before. 2 of the quotes were before said post and 1 after. The one after still makes my point. You go off on your lib bashing tangents any chance you get. The only one making a fool of themself is you with your blatant off topic rants and your fake bumpkin twist of words.

You're predictable, all you party liners say the same thing when disagreed with "you're on the other side !" but you? you're a rare breed. Even when I've previously bulletpointed my political views for you the last time we disagreed (see the pattern). You still peg me as a liberal all because poor ridge cant get everyone to agree with his political rants Sad Anyone who disagrees with you hates America lol, Do you hear yourself?

If I was a lib, I would tell you. I don't give a flyin fark what you think of me or anyone else for that matter. Tell me; Are libs anti abortion? Are they for border strength and deporting illegals? Are libs pro strong military? Are they pro pre emptive military action? Are they pro flat tax? Yeah didn't think so. Don't think because I disagree with you and your ilk on some things that I'm a liberal. I hate the left and right equally. Oh wait according to you I hate America because I believe in preserving our environment and helping people who need it (so long as they don't abuse it -LIKE THE STORY WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE TALKING ABOUT!!!).

As far as shutting up anyone I disagree with, I'm not trying to shut you up. Rather get you to understand the concept of "time and place".There are thousands of political forums out there made just for people like you. This isn't a political forum. It's supposed to be about the lottery. It's not your personal liberal bashing forum like you're trying to make it. With that said, go pee yourself.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
        Oklahoma
        United States
        Member #82391
        November 12, 2009
        6305 Posts
        Posted: March 8, 2012, 4:58 am - IP Logged

I've seen people get as much as $5000.00 in food and $3000.00 in cash.

WOW!!!!!!  that's crazy

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
          adelaide sa
          Australia
          Member #37136
          April 11, 2006
          3315 Posts
          Posted: March 8, 2012, 5:03 am - IP Logged

IS THAT 8K A MONTH OR A YEAR.  thats go<snip> 96k a year! what are they planning a football team?

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

United States
            Member #94616
            July 24, 2010
            4735 Posts
            Posted: March 8, 2012, 6:12 am - IP Logged

I voted - NO, dump them in jail.  The easy answer is have the state put in the paperwork a winner signs that they are now 'dropped' or kicked out of any and all welfare/food stamp programs for winning OVER  'X'.  That way THIS can't happen. 

Also, I VOTE and have been (and will continue) to vote for people who are for smaller government - another great thing about America, voting for who you want! 

Milwaukee, WI
              United States
              Member #3131
              December 27, 2003
              665 Posts
              Posted: March 8, 2012, 6:18 am - IP Logged

Random thoughts:

We are seeing the worst of liberal attitudes and the worst of conservative attitudes.

Some people Do NEED welfare, and I don't want to paint all of them like this beetch.

I equate her with rich <snip>s who take tax cuts so they can "create jobs" and they  don't create any, and just let the tax cuts go to the bottom line.

Not only should she stop receiving walfare she should pay SOME of it back. If you win a super jackpot then you should pay ALL of it back, willingly whether they ask for it or not.

She sounds sooo brainless that she will lose all of it anyway. She will be back on welfare.

I am surprised that anybody selected the top line. Sometimes these poor girl liberals are sick and only dirty the good liberal name.

BUT I have had some disgusting arguements with some "conservatives" they have spew out some full racist comments and I catch them in a FULL LIE and they throw some nasty names at you.

This winner-take-all is crap.

Yes she DOES have a "entitlement attitude" but then again so do rich folks that don't want to pay a decent percentage. We deserve that big tax cut!

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                41978 Posts
                Posted: March 8, 2012, 7:48 am - IP Logged

WOW!!!!!!  that's crazy

The woman I am referring to has 11 kids, plus her teenage kids are having kids and she's now a foster grandmother, it takes 2 suv's to haul away her groceries , she is not married nor has she ever worked.

Other instances are group homes, and there are many different types of adult care facilities, which this is something these people need.

Another is drug rehab centers, we are now feeding people who are in rehab that don't have insurance,thats a double edge sword, most of these people were probably involved with crime to pay for their habit, I think it's great they are cleaning their lives up, but I really don't feel like paying for their pop-tarts, another example of being forced to pay for other people bad choices in life.

If drug rehab centers created a charity, they would most likely find themselves ahead of the game, and not be required to waste tax payer dollars, Americans are charitable and these people could even give back to society by helping out.

HyperBe Happy.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7341 Posts
                  Posted: March 8, 2012, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

Wow! this seems more like a debate about political and financial reform, than the proposed forum about the effects on jackpot lottery winners.

LOT'S of information on Obamacare and veterans rights, might be better suited for a Blog discussion.   Roll Eyes

I Agree!

But non-lottery topics are still being discussed 3 pages later in this thread and on many more.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: March 8, 2012, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

It doesn't matter if it's after or before. 2 of the quotes were before said post and 1 after. The one after still makes my point. You go off on your lib bashing tangents any chance you get. The only one making a fool of themself is you with your blatant off topic rants and your fake bumpkin twist of words.

You're predictable, all you party liners say the same thing when disagreed with "you're on the other side !" but you? you're a rare breed. Even when I've previously bulletpointed my political views for you the last time we disagreed (see the pattern). You still peg me as a liberal all because poor ridge cant get everyone to agree with his political rants Sad Anyone who disagrees with you hates America lol, Do you hear yourself?

If I was a lib, I would tell you. I don't give a flyin fark what you think of me or anyone else for that matter. Tell me; Are libs anti abortion? Are they for border strength and deporting illegals? Are libs pro strong military? Are they pro pre emptive military action? Are they pro flat tax? Yeah didn't think so. Don't think because I disagree with you and your ilk on some things that I'm a liberal. I hate the left and right equally. Oh wait according to you I hate America because I believe in preserving our environment and helping people who need it (so long as they don't abuse it -LIKE THE STORY WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE TALKING ABOUT!!!).

As far as shutting up anyone I disagree with, I'm not trying to shut you up. Rather get you to understand the concept of "time and place".There are thousands of political forums out there made just for people like you. This isn't a political forum. It's supposed to be about the lottery. It's not your personal liberal bashing forum like you're trying to make it. With that said, go pee yourself.

You're a funny lib, BigHickNed, but oh so typical and oh so predictable.

And oh, how you love to drone on and on and on about how you're not a lib (Methinks he doth protest too much). Ya think?

No Ned, you're a lib and you know it, I know it, everybody knows it. Deal with it, son.

And no, Ned, I don't think you hate America because you believe in "preserving our environment". I just think you're a dope for falling for Al Gore and every agenda-driven lib scientist's nonsense about man-made global warming. If you don't believe that the earth has been going through ice ages and warming periods and cooling periods for it's entire history before cow farts and your dumbass arrived, well, I can't help ya, Ned. You just go on believing Al (the bloated one) Gore, cuz he knows best and makes tons of money when schmucks like you go hysterical and volunteer to put corks in all the cows asses. Have at it, Ned, do your part to "save the environment", son. Hug those trees, buddy. Send Al some more money.

"As far as shutting up anyone I disagree with, I'm not trying to shut you up."

LOL, that's rich, Ned. The thing you want to do most is the thing you most vehemently deny you want to do. You just keep repeating it, Ned. Over and over.

I'm convinced,  Wink now all you have to do is convince yourself.

That must have been me that said I wanted the "mods" to shut the thread down, right?

Alrighty then.

In conclusion, try to keep one thing straight, Ned. This thread was titled "Welfare & Jackpot Lottery Winners." If someone talking about the topic of welfare is going to "offend" you, then please don't read it. Just because you and a couple other lib weirdos don't like the topic doesn't mean it should be locked down. I doubt very much that the Welfare people are watching this thread if you're worried they might take yall's foodie cards away. Your food stamps are safe, I'm sure.

Oh yeah, one more thing.

"...go pee yourself."

Now, that wasn't nice at all, Ned.

You're gonna hurt my feelin's if you keep up all that macho talk.

That is macho talk where you come from, ain't it Ned?   LOL

--Edmund Burke

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                      TX
                      United States
                      Member #121193
                      January 4, 2012
                      1637 Posts
                      Posted: March 8, 2012, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

You're a funny lib, BigHickNed, but oh so typical and oh so predictable.

And oh, how you love to drone on and on and on about how you're not a lib (Methinks he doth protest too much). Ya think?

No Ned, you're a lib and you know it, I know it, everybody knows it. Deal with it, son.

And no, Ned, I don't think you hate America because you believe in "preserving our environment". I just think you're a dope for falling for Al Gore and every agenda-driven lib scientist's nonsense about man-made global warming. If you don't believe that the earth has been going through ice ages and warming periods and cooling periods for it's entire history before cow farts and your dumbass arrived, well, I can't help ya, Ned. You just go on believing Al (the bloated one) Gore, cuz he knows best and makes tons of money when schmucks like you go hysterical and volunteer to put corks in all the cows asses. Have at it, Ned, do your part to "save the environment", son. Hug those trees, buddy. Send Al some more money.

"As far as shutting up anyone I disagree with, I'm not trying to shut you up."

LOL, that's rich, Ned. The thing you want to do most is the thing you most vehemently deny you want to do. You just keep repeating it, Ned. Over and over.

I'm convinced,  Wink now all you have to do is convince yourself.

That must have been me that said I wanted the "mods" to shut the thread down, right?

Alrighty then.

In conclusion, try to keep one thing straight, Ned. This thread was titled "Welfare & Jackpot Lottery Winners." If someone talking about the topic of welfare is going to "offend" you, then please don't read it. Just because you and a couple other lib weirdos don't like the topic doesn't mean it should be locked down. I doubt very much that the Welfare people are watching this thread if you're worried they might take yall's foodie cards away. Your food stamps are safe, I'm sure.

Oh yeah, one more thing.

"...go pee yourself."

Now, that wasn't nice at all, Ned.

You're gonna hurt my feelin's if you keep up all that macho talk.

That is macho talk where you come from, ain't it Ned?   LOL

Man oh Man RIDGE,,, you sure are hard on the help !!!!

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: March 8, 2012, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

Man oh Man RIDGE,,, you sure are hard on the help !!!!

I'm just tryin' to take the knucklehead under my wing, CD.

The poor soul...

He's just too high strung is all...

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: March 8, 2012, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

But non-lottery topics are still being discussed 3 pages later in this thread and on many more.

"But non-lottery topics are still being discussed 3 pages later in this thread and on many more."

Translation:   "OMG! Somebody shut Ridge up! He's saying things that I don't agree with for God sakes! I know I don't have to read it and I know I could block him if I wanted to, but I don't want to! I can't stop myself from reading it! And I don't want anyone else reading it!  I want somebody to shut him up!"

"Teacher! Teacher!"    LOL 

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: March 8, 2012, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

Memo to Self:

Get a hold of OldSchoolPa and ask him to submit his topics to the Board of Liberal Censors before he posts them to see if they're acceptable to them.

Remind him to throw in a few glowing compliments about Bawney Fwank, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi in all his posts.

And something about the rich not paying their fair share.

And how great socialism is.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                              Member #79057
                              August 26, 2009
                              70 Posts
                              Posted: March 8, 2012, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

You're such a hypocritical coward.   You're the one afraid of other opinions... which is why your first option is to always attack.  You lack the intelligence to form a conhessive argument so it's easier to just bash every one as a "lib" or a "bad American"   Or when you can, block them.  Great that you are the purveyor of who's a real American and who isn't... you're a chip off the old McCarthy block.   A big internet bully sitting their in cyber space ripping everyone else while probably having a wank at pictures of sailors.

Yeah, the subject was Welfare and Jackpot lottery winners - in this instance some theiving woman who doesn't deserve a helping hand.   But you can't stay on topic about this single woman, or others who abuse the system... you're so brilliant and expansive  (sarcasm) it has to become a whole political agenda.   Same old story with you... Ridge is right, everyone else is unamerican and stupid.

Trust me, no one wants to stop you from speaking... anyone who forms their own opinions and doesn't just get them off Fox News (Republican and Democrat) sees right through you.   The question I have, which you've never bothered to answer is why post your political feelings here???   Do you troll new mother sites and post your ultra conservative leanings there?   How bout sites about lawn care.. spew any hatred there??? 

I go to the lottery web site for LOTTERY talk.   As far as I'm concerned, you're politics are as welcome here as KKK postings, anti-semitism rants and information about hard wood floors... you big dummy.  I don't begrudge you your opinion (once again unlike you) I just want to know why your compelled to post here instead of on a political site... is it because you know your brand of hatred would be demonized by standup Republicans and knowledgable liberals would destroy you?  That's the only reason I can come up with... once again we're back to coward.   I mean, once Bighead didn't respond you immediately started telling everyone he was afraid of you... that may work in 1st grade, and probably in the bait shop where you tell your stories of grandeur, but really, do you think anyone else is buying that.

I'm all for free speech... but you dont' go to a PTA meeting and discuss sexual positions.   I'm surprised Todd even allows this to go on... I mean who is going to sign up for a premium membership so you can call them a dummy?   You do the site a disservice... but I guess it's more imporant to you to impart all you've learned in your miserable life.   Or are you doing it in support of the Republican party... because if you really felt that strongly about it maybe instead of sitting at the keyboard in your underwear you'd go out and work on a campaign.   But that's not for you is it?   It's easier to be the all-knowing b*stard at the end of the phone line than actually putting your money where your mouth is.   Oh yeah, plus if someone disagrees with you there's always that blocking option.

Like I said, I don't think a lottery website is the place for political rhetoric... especially your hateful kind... but keep posting and proving what a knot head you are.

Page 4 of 12