Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Welfare & Jackpot Lottery Winners

Topic closed. 167 replies. Last post 5 years ago by RL-RANDOMLOGIC.

Page 11 of 12
PrintE-mailLink

Is It Ethical For $1M+ Lottery Winners to Continue Collecting State Welfare?

Yes, if still unemployed, I'm entitled to it. [ 8 ]  [14.04%]
It depends... [ 8 ]  [14.04%]
No, if you still want more money, get a job! [ 22 ]  [38.60%]
No, those caught doing so should be thrown in jail [ 19 ]  [33.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 57 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: March 10, 2012, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

barbara, you are a beaten woman. Nothing to be ashamed of....you are what you are. As a peace treaty, would you allow me to pay your

next years LP Platinum membership?  I would consider this to be a great honor.    Hyper

Go suck up to somebody else, numbnuts.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Republic of Texas
    United States
    Member #57557
    January 9, 2008
    1095 Posts
    Posted: March 10, 2012, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

Actually it was Dana who first hijacked this thread with the comment about "theses welfare folk" then Pa elaborated and Sully chimed in with another attack on anyone getting welfare not just the abusers. Then mcginn made the point that this isn't the place to be debating the welfare system as whole , because it was supposed to be about people who continue to receive benefits even after winning.  And then of course you chimed in with your hate filled rantings. Something we are all fed up with. Now it's gone completely off the rails and this thread has devolved into a flame fest. You being the biggest instigator.

I believe this is exactly what you wanted it to be. My question is why a lotto site to express your hate for liberals ? Why couldn't you, dana, sully and Pa just left it at the original topic at hand? Why do you feel the need to just attack liberals and even moderates at any opportunity ? I'm pretty sure no one you're attacking even liberals of this sight think what the woman in the story did was ok. And yet your attacking any one who doesnt fit your conservative criteria anyway. It's not good enough that we all agree this woman is a leach, we have to all agree with everything else you say too or we're all America hating limp wristed libs.

My friend of 20 years is a true capitalist, anti welfare, small government conservative and even he would be disgusted by your antics. The difference between you and he is he has the ability to reason and knows theres a time and place. We can disagree without attacking each other. When I'm doing work on his shop, he doesnt start calling me a limp wristed liberal for believing in safety nets. This is not the place for your political agenda. This is my last attempt to reason with you. If nothing I've said can get through to you thick skull then block me now because I'm gonna give you some of your own medicine by trolling all your posts with insults and rantings that have nothing to do with the subject. Good day Barb Wink

It is your choice to respond to Ridge or not. And why is okay for YOU to "get through to your thick skill" but not ok for Ridge to do the same? There are several "hate" filled rants directed at Ridge by multiple people. 

If you don't like what Ridge has to say, either block or don't respond. It's a free country, and to try and censor one poster for his or her opinions is wrong every way you look at it. I see that so often with liberals.. opinions are okay as long as they agree with their own, but if not, shut them down.  Censorship plain and simple and I'm sick and tired of people on the left trying to shut down the right, ESPECIALLY when they themselves are as guilty or more so than the ones they try to shut down.

PS - there is nothing wrong with people taking responsibility for their own lives and not relying on the government to bail them out, or pay their way.

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: March 10, 2012, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

Go suck up to somebody else, numbnuts.

Fat chance  numbnuts.    LOL

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: March 10, 2012, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

It is your choice to respond to Ridge or not. And why is okay for YOU to "get through to your thick skill" but not ok for Ridge to do the same? There are several "hate" filled rants directed at Ridge by multiple people. 

If you don't like what Ridge has to say, either block or don't respond. It's a free country, and to try and censor one poster for his or her opinions is wrong every way you look at it. I see that so often with liberals.. opinions are okay as long as they agree with their own, but if not, shut them down.  Censorship plain and simple and I'm sick and tired of people on the left trying to shut down the right, ESPECIALLY when they themselves are as guilty or more so than the ones they try to shut down.

PS - there is nothing wrong with people taking responsibility for their own lives and not relying on the government to bail them out, or pay their way.

Thank you Piaceri, I appreciate it.

I wouldn't waste too much time on that guy though.

His front porch light is kinda dim if you know what I mean.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Republic of Texas
          United States
          Member #57557
          January 9, 2008
          1095 Posts
          Posted: March 10, 2012, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

You're welcome Ridge. I'm pretty sure you can take care of yourself, but I just hate seeing people bullied and ganged up on.

face

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: March 10, 2012, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

Thanks barbara for clarifying everything. Now all is well again...until tomorrow.    Bat        Rant

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
              upstate NY
              United States
              Member #108791
              March 31, 2011
              549 Posts
              Posted: March 10, 2012, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

You miss the point.  It's not his opinions that are the problem.  There are many people who share his opinions and are left alone; this is because they manage to remain civil when expressing said opinions.  The problem with Ridge is that he consistently takes threads off-topic in violation of forum rules in order to spew his bile.  He regularly trolls and name-calls in violation of forum rules.  He often posts personal attacks in violation of forum rules.  His signature contains multiple blank lines in violation of forum rules.  In short, he has no respect for this site, its owners and administrators, and its users.  The fact that he is being "ganged-up upon" simply means that multiple people are sick and tired of his antics.

PS - I'm quite certain no one in this thread said there was anything wrong with people taking responsibility for their own lives.  I could be wrong, though.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                TX
                United States
                Member #121193
                January 4, 2012
                1637 Posts
                Posted: March 10, 2012, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

Actually it was Dana who first hijacked this thread with the comment about "theses welfare folk" then Pa elaborated and Sully chimed in with another attack on anyone getting welfare not just the abusers. Then mcginn made the point that this isn't the place to be debating the welfare system as whole , because it was supposed to be about people who continue to receive benefits even after winning.  And then of course you chimed in with your hate filled rantings. Something we are all fed up with. Now it's gone completely off the rails and this thread has devolved into a flame fest. You being the biggest instigator.

I believe this is exactly what you wanted it to be. My question is why a lotto site to express your hate for liberals ? Why couldn't you, dana, sully and Pa just left it at the original topic at hand? Why do you feel the need to just attack liberals and even moderates at any opportunity ? I'm pretty sure no one you're attacking even liberals of this sight think what the woman in the story did was ok. And yet your attacking any one who doesnt fit your conservative criteria anyway. It's not good enough that we all agree this woman is a leach, we have to all agree with everything else you say too or we're all America hating limp wristed libs.

My friend of 20 years is a true capitalist, anti welfare, small government conservative and even he would be disgusted by your antics. The difference between you and he is he has the ability to reason and knows theres a time and place. We can disagree without attacking each other. When I'm doing work on his shop, he doesnt start calling me a limp wristed liberal for believing in safety nets. This is not the place for your political agenda. This is my last attempt to reason with you. If nothing I've said can get through to you thick skull then block me now because I'm gonna give you some of your own medicine by trolling all your posts with insults and rantings that have nothing to do with the subject. Good day Barb Wink

BigHeadNick
                The debate has begun and lets debate with facts shall we ?
                    Dana who first hijacked the thread with the comment about " theses" welfare folk".....
                Page 1 of the thread  asked if it was ethical to win a million and keep receiving state welfare.
                       FACTS:
                (1) I stated, "While I agree with CARBOB on the public officials pensions, it seems to me that there is an integrity issue with these welfare folks as well." I did also continue by stating,"I would like to see a ruling where these people who win a jackpot of lets say $200,000.00 or more are removed from the program. "these welfare folks" is refering the title of the thread in the poll and I quote, "Is It Ethical For $1M+ Lottery Winners to Continue Collecting State Welfare? "not going off on the whole system. Just the winners........ WINNERS is plural which means more than one, hence "these welfare folks"
                (2) I based my opinion on personal integrity and morals regarding honesty and being self relient.
                (3) Definition of "hijacked"----to seize (a vehicle) by force or threat of force.to engage in such stealing or seizing.

(4) I stated," gotta relax and be mature about things. I am not like YOUR representative Barney Frank and will never be when it comes to those male -on-male activities....I feel sorry for ya Nick ....Hope your day goes better and you get some assistance with your sexual overtones/comments..After all this is a post about Welfare & Lottery Winners...God Bless America & take care. Hope you have a winning ticket soon. Patriot"////
                         Your reply," ah because you're the picture of maturity with your big bright colorful f ont to draw attention to your post's instead of actually making a valid point about anything. And I suppose your never failing to stroke ridge's ego is also the mature thing to do as well. You two should get a room....and invite Barney to join you LOL Don't feel sorry for me bud, I actually have friends outside of the internet."
                (5) "Why couldn't you, dana, sully and Pa just left it at the original topic at hand?
                A copy of your statement and I quote from Page 5

And everyone is aware of the "natural" warming and cooling processes of this planet, this doesn't mean humans aren't capable of speeding up the process you dolt. Why don't you do some independant research instead of just regurgitating what the right wing talk shows tell you? Because you're a f#cking idiot who hasn't the slightest clue where to start. You're incapable of thinking for yourself. You vote republican so you must adhere to all their agenda because your god Rush Limbaugh tells you so. Ask yourself;How much exactly is gore making off global warming? then ask How much are oil companies making by denying it? "

NON FACTS involving me in your above statement:
                (1) Not stating the word "theses"..see above copy
                (2) I did not force or threaten to force or steal  or seize anything.
                (3) I have never once posted a comment about," attack liberals and even moderates at any opportunity"

In closing, your show falseness and vulgarity in a number of postings through this thread. You sir are simply " Gormless and Nibbish" when it comes to stating FACTS about me and my postings in this thread. To which this will be my last in here.  I do wish you good luck with your lottery picks .
                Take care and God Bless those who play the lottery tonight...Heres hoping anyone of us has a jackpot soon

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: March 10, 2012, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

You miss the point.  It's not his opinions that are the problem.  There are many people who share his opinions and are left alone; this is because they manage to remain civil when expressing said opinions.  The problem with Ridge is that he consistently takes threads off-topic in violation of forum rules in order to spew his bile.  He regularly trolls and name-calls in violation of forum rules.  He often posts personal attacks in violation of forum rules.  His signature contains multiple blank lines in violation of forum rules.  In short, he has no respect for this site, its owners and administrators, and its users.  The fact that he is being "ganged-up upon" simply means that multiple people are sick and tired of his antics.

PS - I'm quite certain no one in this thread said there was anything wrong with people taking responsibility for their own lives.  I could be wrong, though.

I'ts OK mediabrat, and it doesn't really matter what you or I think, including the administrators, since they haven't been following the

threads in a while. So many violations have incurred in just the past few days, that it's obvious that  these protocols are not even

being remotely adhered to. But that's what makes this so much fun.  Get away with as much as you can without being caught!    Cheers

Republic of Texas
                    United States
                    Member #57557
                    January 9, 2008
                    1095 Posts
                    Posted: March 10, 2012, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

I am not going t argue with you mediabrat because it's not worth my time. However, I will say I disagree with at least one of your points of "in violation of forum rules", and if you do think Ridge is "in violation of forum rules", then report him to Todd and let Todd decide. Todd is judge and jury, you are not.

Like I said before, you do not have to respond to Ridge if you do not like what he says. He's like a bear when you poke him, he bites back. Put him on ignore and your problem is solved.

And btw, if you are going to use quotes in regards to what I've stated, please be sure to quote correctly. 

PS - I never said anyone said it was ok, I was expressing my opinion in regards to the original topic of this thread. Is that okay with you, or would you like to censor me, too? Should I first inquire with you before I make a response to threads in the future? Should I edit my responses so that they have a liberal slant to agree with your opinions?

face

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: March 10, 2012, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

BigHeadNick
                          Dana who first hijacked the thread with the comment about " theses" welfare folk".....
                      Page 1 of the thread  asked if it was ethical to win a million and keep receiving state welfare.
                             FACTS:
                      (1) I stated, "While I agree with CARBOB on the public officials pensions, it seems to me that there is an integrity issue with these welfare folks as well." I did also continue by stating,"I would like to see a ruling where these people who win a jackpot of lets say $200,000.00 or more are removed from the program. "these welfare folks" is refering the title of the thread in the poll and I quote, "Is It Ethical For $1M+ Lottery Winners to Continue Collecting State Welfare? "not going off on the whole system. Just the winners........ WINNERS is plural which means more than one, hence "these welfare folks"
                      (2) I based my opinion on personal integrity and morals regarding honesty and being self relient.
                      (3) Definition of "hijacked"----to seize (a vehicle) by force or threat of force.to engage in such stealing or seizing.

(4) I stated," gotta relax and be mature about things. I am not like YOUR representative Barney Frank and will never be when it comes to those male -on-male activities....I feel sorry for ya Nick ....Hope your day goes better and you get some assistance with your sexual overtones/comments..After all this is a post about Welfare & Lottery Winners...God Bless America & take care. Hope you have a winning ticket soon. Patriot"////
                               Your reply," ah because you're the picture of maturity with your big bright colorful f ont to draw attention to your post's instead of actually making a valid point about anything. And I suppose your never failing to stroke ridge's ego is also the mature thing to do as well. You two should get a room....and invite Barney to join you LOL Don't feel sorry for me bud, I actually have friends outside of the internet."
                      (5) "Why couldn't you, dana, sully and Pa just left it at the original topic at hand?

And everyone is aware of the "natural" warming and cooling processes of this planet, this doesn't mean humans aren't capable of speeding up the process you dolt. Why don't you do some independant research instead of just regurgitating what the right wing talk shows tell you? Because you're a f#cking idiot who hasn't the slightest clue where to start. You're incapable of thinking for yourself. You vote republican so you must adhere to all their agenda because your god Rush Limbaugh tells you so. Ask yourself;How much exactly is gore making off global warming? then ask How much are oil companies making by denying it? "

(3) I have never once posted a comment about," attack liberals and even moderates at any opportunity"

In closing, your show falseness and vulgarity in a number of postings through this thread. You sir are simply " Gormless and Nibbish" when it comes to stating FACTS about me and my postings in this thread. To which this will be my last in here.  I do wish you good luck with your lottery picks .
                      Take care and God Bless those who play the lottery tonight...Heres hoping anyone of us has a jackpot soon

Hey CDana,

Sorry, I just don't have the time to review your entire post. I'm heading for my bed. Are we still on welfare and lottery issues? Are all

LP members still on good terms? Did anyone hit the PB or MM? Is barbara coping well with her identity crisis?

Thanks CDana,

Yours Truly     Cheers

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: March 10, 2012, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

You are so predictable Tiggs.  Always got your face close to Ridge's backside.

Careful Jorli...tiggs lived in Ypsilanti for 30 years and never took a dime in a handout..of any kind...tiggs did get smart and moved from Michigan....you still there..:):)...

Pure luck

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: March 10, 2012, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

Careful Jorli...tiggs lived in Ypsilanti for 30 years and never took a dime in a handout..of any kind...tiggs did get smart and moved from Michigan....you still there..:):)...

Go back to Ypsilanti tiggs.......and don't ever come back. See Ya!

Bigheadnick's avatar - badluck
                            Taunton, Ma
                            United States
                            Member #123005
                            February 11, 2012
                            136 Posts
                            Posted: March 10, 2012, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

BigHeadNick
                                   FACTS:

As painful as it was to read your response, I did. If your intent was indeed to only refer to the people on welfare who won jackpots and not all people on welfare then I stand corrected ON THAT. However, You cannot deny that the bashing and insults started to fly with Ridge, or as I like to call him/her barbara.

He started the insults when I tried to reason with him , It is only natural for me to retaliate. I am not easily pushed around in life and certainly not on an internet forum. When you responded to his post with "you sure are hard on the help aint ya" effectively stroking his ego, You also became my target of retaliation. Only thing I hate more than bullies is "hype men" , Those that encourage bullying while trying to remain "out of it". Then after I responded you attempted to equate myself with Barney Frank a man who pushes gay marriage (something I'm strongly opposed to) further adding fuel to my anger.

The very first person to take us off topic was PA with his wall of text conservative rant then Time Treat with the comment "Is it ethical for there to be a welfare system in the first place?" < a topic that should not have any place here and that's when the piling on the entire welfare system began. Then Barbara made a comment about the libs giving welfare if u keep popping out babies. Something I actually agree with but that doesn't mean the whole system should be abolished merely reformed in my opinion, but neither of these opinions belong on these forums period. It's just not the place for it.

Ac, mcginn and myself attempted to call the situation out for what it was becoming ( a lib and welfare bashing thread ) and we tried to put a stop to it and get onto the original topic, Which mind you, we all agreed was a terrible abuse of the system. That's when all hell broke loose and barbara made his spell check rebuttal and I responded in kind. His first rebuttal of what I said was an attempt to bully me out of the thread. He did not argue the point or the body of my post merely cherry picked one word. Then a couple posts later the insults started to fly. Starting with guess whom? yeah that's right  BARBARA insulted me 5 straight posts before I finally started to fire back.

@ Piaceri- No one is bullying barbara, That's laughable. Go ahead and read the thread and see where all the insults started. Agree or disagree with his politics, he's a punk, a troublemaker and a very bad example of a conservative. The conservatives I know don't resort to insults. The conservatives I know don't push they're politics down everyone's throat and furthermore don't go on forums completely unrelated to politics and try to push they're agenda.  I can actually agree on many issues with the man but his tactics and complete lack of respect for others is detestable.

Republic of Texas
                              United States
                              Member #57557
                              January 9, 2008
                              1095 Posts
                              Posted: March 11, 2012, 12:19 am - IP Logged

@ Piaceri- No one is bullying barbara, That's laughable. Go ahead and read the thread and see where all the insults started. Agree or disagree with his politics, he's a punk, a troublemaker and a very bad example of a conservative. The conservatives I know don't resort to insults. The conservatives I know don't push they're politics down everyone's throat and furthermore don't go on forums completely unrelated to politics and try to push they're agenda.  I can actually agree on many issues with the man but his tactics and complete lack of respect for others is detestable.

I did read the thread, and I know who brought up politics first (it's not who you think it is), outside of the OP. Regardless, 3 or 4 individuals name calling and making threats of banishment if 1 individual does not stop posting about a topic is bullying in my book. The fact that Ridge did not give in, and in fact gave as good as he got, does not mean it was not bullying.

btw, Ridge is not shoving anything down anyone's throats that does not let him shove it down their throats. You don't have to respond and you don't even have to read his posts. Ridge usually makes me chuckle, and so usually does the responses, but y'all took it too far in this thread. And it leaves a bitter taste. Chalk it up to election year or whatever. As a conservative, I can say that we are not going to take liberal bullying in politics this year, we are not going to take the double standard from liberals, and we are not going to let liberals, as hard as they have tried, shut down conservative talk. From all outward appearances, to liberals free speech only extends to common ideology, everyone else is hate speech, racist, or breaking some vague rule that apparently only applies to conservatives.

face

Page 11 of 12