Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Welfare & Jackpot Lottery Winners

Topic closed. 167 replies. Last post 5 years ago by RL-RANDOMLOGIC.

Page 3 of 12
PrintE-mailLink

Is It Ethical For $1M+ Lottery Winners to Continue Collecting State Welfare?

Yes, if still unemployed, I'm entitled to it. [ 8 ]  [14.04%]
It depends... [ 8 ]  [14.04%]
No, if you still want more money, get a job! [ 22 ]  [38.60%]
No, those caught doing so should be thrown in jail [ 19 ]  [33.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 57 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: March 7, 2012, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

Funny when you agree with someone how you don't question they're word choices or spelling. see "irregardless"

Maybe it was a bad use of the word "moratorium" however, to a degree my use of the word applies as you seek to use this forum to push your ultra conservative agenda. Part of this agenda is a halt on welfare all together. The word is defined as a halt on a particular activity until it can be further discussed. I hope you understand the context. Try not to cherry pick arguments like that when you know aht I'm talking about. It only implies you can't make a good argument on the subject at hand.

And exactly as you said the topic of this thread is "welfare & jackpot lottery winners" which refers to the practice of some lowlives of continuing to get benefits after winning a jackpot. You would have this thread turn into a complete bash of welfare itself and liberals which has no place in this forum. Do I have to post quotes you have made in this thread which have zero to do with the subject at hand?

"Do I have to post quotes you have made in this thread which have zero to do with the subject at hand?"

Yes, please do post all the quotes I've made in this thread that don't concern Welfare or Jackpot Lottery Winners.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: March 7, 2012, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

I agree with most of this... This site is dominated by conservatives and many will use any subject to pile on the libs. I don't like either side of the aisle. It amuses me that both right and left continue to demonize eachother never acknowledging the good policies of the other side and simultaneously ignoring they're own party's faults. That's not to say I disagree with everything they're saying in here but this subject should not be a moritorium on liberal welfare policies.

As to the OP: Any lottery winnings that amount to as much as a years income for the average family of their particular size should automatically boot you off whatever assistance you recieve nevermind a million! With the one exception (permanant disability) In that case it should be a hold on the benefits for a year or if more, the years would equal the amount won. Just my opninion.

The site doesn't seem all that conservative to me.

Thinking of...

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: March 7, 2012, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

The site doesn't seem all that conservative to me.

Thinking of...

LOL, that's just part of their makeup, t*t.

Whining.

Hell hath no fury like a lib that sees something he doesn't agree with.

He wants it censored immediately.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: March 7, 2012, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

"Do I have to post quotes you have made in this thread which have zero to do with the subject at hand?"

Yes, please do post all the quotes I've made in this thread that don't concern Welfare or Jackpot Lottery Winners.

Welp, looks like BigHickNed knows the old lib disappearing trick when he's caught in a whopper.

He was here a minute ago but all I hear is crickets now.

You can come out Ned, I won't make you prove all your nonsense.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: March 7, 2012, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

Funny when you agree with someone how you don't question they're word choices or spelling. see "irregardless"

Maybe it was a bad use of the word "moratorium" however, to a degree my use of the word applies as you seek to use this forum to push your ultra conservative agenda. Part of this agenda is a halt on welfare all together. The word is defined as a halt on a particular activity until it can be further discussed. I hope you understand the context. Try not to cherry pick arguments like that when you know aht I'm talking about. It only implies you can't make a good argument on the subject at hand.

And exactly as you said the topic of this thread is "welfare & jackpot lottery winners" which refers to the practice of some lowlives of continuing to get benefits after winning a jackpot. You would have this thread turn into a complete bash of welfare itself and liberals which has no place in this forum. Do I have to post quotes you have made in this thread which have zero to do with the subject at hand?

Oh, and btw Ned, irregardless was spelled right.

It's in the dictionary, you should check one out sometime.

--Edmund Burke

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
            Florida
            United States
            Member #104435
            January 14, 2011
            2244 Posts
            Posted: March 7, 2012, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Once saw a guy buying multiple $20 scratch offs and then buy some food items with food stamps. unbelievable !!!

2014 Highest Winner: $500

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
              TX
              United States
              Member #121193
              January 4, 2012
              1637 Posts
              Posted: March 7, 2012, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

Once saw a guy buying multiple $20 scratch offs and then buy some food items with food stamps. unbelievable !!!

Well James...He could have been given the money to buy the tix for someone else....Just a possibility.....

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                upstate NY
                United States
                Member #108791
                March 31, 2011
                549 Posts
                Posted: March 7, 2012, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

"this subject should not be a moritorium on liberal welfare policies."

What?  I don't think that'd make sense even if it was spelled right.

OldSchoolPa started the thread and articulated his position on it very well.

It's called "Welfare & Jackpot Lottery Winners"

I don't see the problem.

I believe he meant to use "referendum", as that would make sense in the context of his post.

At any rate, I agree with ACPutz and Bigheadnick.  Far too many threads here devolve into a liberal-bashing festival.  But I suppose that opinion makes me a limp-wristed, pansy-ass liberal in the eyes of the hard-core conservatives on the site, eh? Roll Eyes

Quoting ACPutz for emphasis: "I think you'd have to look long and hard to find a liberal who agrees with what this woman is doing, but that doesn't matter to someone pushing their own agenda."

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: March 7, 2012, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

I believe he meant to use "referendum", as that would make sense in the context of his post.

At any rate, I agree with ACPutz and Bigheadnick.  Far too many threads here devolve into a liberal-bashing festival.  But I suppose that opinion makes me a limp-wristed, pansy-ass liberal in the eyes of the hard-core conservatives on the site, eh? Roll Eyes

Quoting ACPutz for emphasis: "I think you'd have to look long and hard to find a liberal who agrees with what this woman is doing, but that doesn't matter to someone pushing their own agenda."

So I guess the lesson to walk away with mediabrat, is to not take a stand against the hard-core conservatives. Better to just let them   Rant

on,  push their agendas and get it out of their systems. We all want to be good well behaved LP'ers, and not rock their cute conservative boats.

Deviating from forum topics seems to be a favorite pastime for some of our posters, so why spoil their fun? That just wouldn't be right.   No No    No Nod

Now.....what were we talking about again?......oh yeah.........the lottery winners. Got carried away there for a few moments. So sorry!    No Pity!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: March 7, 2012, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

"I believe he meant to use "referendum", as that would make sense in the context of his post."

Ok, thanks, I'll come to you from now on when I'm trying to figure out what the hell he's trying to say. BTW, did he make you his "official" translator or are you just taking on those duties of your own volition?

"At any rate, I agree with ACPutz and Bigheadnick."

Yeah, you and everybody else who hates this country. What else is new?

"Far too many threads here devolve into a liberal-bashing festival."

Like wow dude, I know. How do you put up with it?

"But I suppose that opinion makes me a limp-wristed, pansy-ass liberal in the eyes of the hard-core conservatives on the site, eh? Roll Eyes"

Don't worry little fella, lib women like mealy-mouthed, weasel-like, effeminate men. You know, the dashing Harry Reid/Bawney Fwank type.

"Quoting ACPutz for emphasis..." blah blah blah...

For emphasis? LMAO! I have that blather blocked, I thought everybody did. 

--Edmund Burke

United States
                      Member #79057
                      August 26, 2009
                      70 Posts
                      Posted: March 8, 2012, 12:16 am - IP Logged

Thanks for proving my point Ridge about your real intentions.

Yeah, you did block me last time I pasted you up and down the blog for being such an internet bully.   I guess your such a true American you don't believe in free speech.  Or you just know you can't mount any type of intelligent comeback so why let others embarrass you when you do a great job on your own.

Enjoy your hate and predjudices, and keep commenting - you might be the best example of what happens when you vote for an ideology (look it up) instead of a man.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: March 8, 2012, 12:18 am - IP Logged

So I guess the lesson to walk away with mediabrat, is to not take a stand against the hard-core conservatives. Better to just let them   Rant

on,  push their agendas and get it out of their systems. We all want to be good well behaved LP'ers, and not rock their cute conservative boats.

Deviating from forum topics seems to be a favorite pastime for some of our posters, so why spoil their fun? That just wouldn't be right.   No No    No Nod

Now.....what were we talking about again?......oh yeah.........the lottery winners. Got carried away there for a few moments. So sorry!    No Pity!

"Deviating from forum topics seems to be a favorite pastime for some of our posters..."

The forum topic is Welfare & Jackpot Lottery Winners.

That's exactly what was being discussed before you started whining about it.

The problem with you libs is that if you disagree with something you won't just stop reading it or block the person you don't like. No. No way. Not good enough. 

You don't want anybody reading it.

You want it stopped. You want it removed.

Why do you keep coming back to this thread? Nobody forces you to read it.

Why?

I'll tell you why.

Cuz you're a lib and you don't want any side of any story heard but yours.

Get over it.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: March 8, 2012, 12:37 am - IP Logged

"Deviating from forum topics seems to be a favorite pastime for some of our posters..."

The forum topic is Welfare & Jackpot Lottery Winners.

That's exactly what was being discussed before you started whining about it.

The problem with you libs is that if you disagree with something you won't just stop reading it or block the person you don't like. No. No way. Not good enough. 

You don't want anybody reading it.

You want it stopped. You want it removed.

Why do you keep coming back to this thread? Nobody forces you to read it.

Why?

I'll tell you why.

Cuz you're a lib and you don't want any side of any story heard but yours.

Get over it.

There's nothing to get over ridge. Where do you come up with this conclusion that I won't stop reading, or want to block the posters of any

forum? Pretty much everyone on this site has the right (within the rules), to say whatever they please without any recourse.

You were pissed off because I took the side of mediabrat on some of his issues. If you don't like what I said, fine lets agree to disagree. I certainly

would not and could care less about your posts, and it would never occur to me to block any of your comments...why? This is what makes this site

engaging and interesting. Your branding me a "lib" is interesting......since I voted for McCain, and disapprove completely of this current administration.

Anyhow...have a good night...see you you in the forums partner.    Cheers

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: March 8, 2012, 12:57 am - IP Logged

No those wern't crickets.

NoShame's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                              Indiana
                              United States
                              Member #104853
                              January 21, 2011
                              159 Posts
                              Posted: March 8, 2012, 12:58 am - IP Logged

Unless buying the new house and the new car were ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, I can't see how desperate she was to pay her bills or otherwise she wouldn't have splurge on something other than bills the moment she got the check.

Page 3 of 12