Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Waiting for Wealth

Topic closed. 404 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 25 of 27
PrintE-mailLink

Should you vote for and support policies that benefit only the rich as you wait to win the lottery?

Yes [ 10 ]  [18.52%]
No [ 44 ]  [81.48%]
Total Valid Votes [ 54 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 9 ]  
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: May 18, 2012, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

If you listen to what Romney wants to do "TODAY", which will change tomorrow, it is nothing more than what George W. Bush shared with America. His policies destroyed this nation for yearrrrrs to come.

rdgrnr be careful what you ask for, we will suffer from it.

Please give the rest of us a break and vote your interest. Many are hurting in America; we can't take much more.US FlagNo Pity!

I won't suffer from what I ask for, but you might.

There might be a cut in your food stamps.

"My interest" is not to increase spending when we're drowning in debt.

And if you had half a brain, you'd know it's not in "your interest" either. You're just being selfish and lazy. 

Well, you better wake up, sonny boy.

Cuz we're goin 90 miles an hour down a dead end road with your messiah (a bungling idiot) at the wheel.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    42185 Posts
    Posted: May 18, 2012, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

If you listen to what Romney wants to do "TODAY", which will change tomorrow, it is nothing more than what George W. Bush shared with America. His policies destroyed this nation for yearrrrrs to come.

Please give the rest of us a break and vote your interest. Many are hurting in America; we can't take much more.US FlagNo Pity!

Your right , many are hurting, right now my feet are hurting, as well as my back, hands, wrists, I spent 9 hours working my a** off.

I was cooler today, my job was to unload the truck pallets and stock shelves, and at the end of the night, weigh meat and cheese and completely pack out the whole cooler, I had 3 and a half pallets, all in all I probably moved about 7000 lbs. of food, from one location to another. I am in real good shape for my age, I am 50 years old, but, let me tell you, I hurt like a son of @itch right now, and I have to be back at 9 am tomarrow, same job...

I 'll be working everyday right up until next friday, when I get my paycheck, it will have been hacked to pieces.

Not to mention, when I get home tomarrow, I have to cook dinner, then throw some laundry in, fold and put that away, the family room, the living room and dining room all need to be dusted and vaccuumed, should probably mop the kitchen floor right quick, my work won't end.

Now because I work sunday, I'll be lucky enough to come home to dinner, hubby loves to bbq, but I'll have weekend homework to check, I'll have to make a quick grocery list, need to run to the store for lunch supplies, so you see my work won't end.

Monday, well I got to work that day, and when I get home, that pesky dinner will need to be made, plus household chores.

This is what people who work go through, now you seem like such a caring guy,

so I propose you start a tax payer appreciation day. You gather up everyone who's getting a handout and you can help with the extra burdens we have, maybe take some of the sting out of my check being smashed to bit with taxes.

Here is a list of things, people who work need help with

lawn mowing, window washing, doggie doo removal, raking, gutter cleaning, car washing, laundry, dusting, vaccuuming, the endless car pooling for kids and their activities, dishes, home work checking, weekend repairs and painting jobs.

dog to the vet, kid to the well check-up, all of us to the dental cleaning,

So you see people who work , could use some help from those we support,

I do have to be honest, I would much rather keep more of my pay check.

HyperBe Happy.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: May 18, 2012, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

Your right , many are hurting, right now my feet are hurting, as well as my back, hands, wrists, I spent 9 hours working my a** off.

I was cooler today, my job was to unload the truck pallets and stock shelves, and at the end of the night, weigh meat and cheese and completely pack out the whole cooler, I had 3 and a half pallets, all in all I probably moved about 7000 lbs. of food, from one location to another. I am in real good shape for my age, I am 50 years old, but, let me tell you, I hurt like a son of @itch right now, and I have to be back at 9 am tomarrow, same job...

I 'll be working everyday right up until next friday, when I get my paycheck, it will have been hacked to pieces.

Not to mention, when I get home tomarrow, I have to cook dinner, then throw some laundry in, fold and put that away, the family room, the living room and dining room all need to be dusted and vaccuumed, should probably mop the kitchen floor right quick, my work won't end.

Now because I work sunday, I'll be lucky enough to come home to dinner, hubby loves to bbq, but I'll have weekend homework to check, I'll have to make a quick grocery list, need to run to the store for lunch supplies, so you see my work won't end.

Monday, well I got to work that day, and when I get home, that pesky dinner will need to be made, plus household chores.

so I propose you start a tax payer appreciation day. You gather up everyone who's getting a handout and you can help with the extra burdens we have, maybe take some of the sting out of my check being smashed to bit with taxes.

lawn mowing, window washing, doggie doo removal, raking, gutter cleaning, car washing, laundry, dusting, vaccuuming, the endless car pooling for kids and their activities, dishes, home work checking, weekend repairs and painting jobs.

Taxpayer Appreciation Day, great idea, sully!

Let all the parasites pay homage to us that day.

That's the least they can do for us supporting them all their lazy lives.

I like that idea!

--Edmund Burke

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
        Lavender Rocket

United States
        Member #124616
        March 16, 2012
        2642 Posts
        Posted: May 19, 2012, 12:03 am - IP Logged

wow.  just wow... Hurray!

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #99032
          October 18, 2010
          1439 Posts
          Posted: May 19, 2012, 1:03 am - IP Logged

Vote my interest?

Are you kidding me?

Tell me, mister vote your interest, where did your hero, Mr President Barack Obama get his campaign finacned from?

Did Goldman Sachs, and the rest of the BIG BANKS not pay for his campaign?  It's all in the public records, and it's all information that I saw.  The big banks fund Obama, and the Democrats along with the Republicans.

Get a grip on reality, brother.  The people who fincance campiaigns have little concern for a little R or D next to the name.  They just want to make sure there is money in both the coffers, so when one gets in charge they can be reminded of the "little million dollar favor" they gave the soon to be president.

BTW, I won't be voting for Romney, but Obama sure as hell won't get my vote.  Both of the sides here can tell me I'm "wasting my vote" but you're both wrong.  You are wasting your votes on people who will take away your freedom.

Good luck getting your bull<snip> policiticans elected, Mr and Mrs Obama and Romney.  They are both going to screw you, and you all know it.  So tell me I'm wasting my vote on Gary Johnson.  I'm voting for Liberty.  You are all voting for slavery, whether it be R or D. 

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
            United States
            Member #110060
            April 25, 2011
            115 Posts
            Posted: May 19, 2012, 6:40 am - IP Logged

You are correct, during his first run for office, he received major Wall St. funding. This election, Romney is getting around 90% of the Wall St. dollars. Why, because Romney said that on his first day in office he will remove all of the regulations that Pres. Obama and a democratically led Congress placed on Wall St. Romney will continue the funneling of money to the wealthy few, that is Bush all over again.

It is easy to say that D and R are all the same, but a few degrees of difference, makes a big difference. We as citizen have failed this nation more than any politician. Moneyed interest are pulling our strings and we allow it happen.

As far as you not voting; that is the real reason for the acrimony in politics, it is to make us so disillusioned that we don't think or vote. The fewer voters the easier and cheaper it is to minipulate the system.

Vote wisely!!!US Flag

Virginia Beach, Virginia
              United States
              Member #110060
              April 25, 2011
              115 Posts
              Posted: May 19, 2012, 7:49 am - IP Logged

Sounds like hard work, most of us know hard work. That is why, all of my life I have work for the"least of these." I personally have reason for bitterness from working in various jobs, but the destruction that I witness daily from the Bush economy, leaves me little room for bitterness. I just don't want us to repeat the mistake of thinking that all we need to do is to continue this lop-sided economy of supporting tax policies that benefit just the wealthy and thinking that that is the way to economic salvation. Been there, done that!

The axiom of communism is based on thinking that working collectively leads to prosperity for all. The truth is that a man or women will always work harder if they own it. That is a truth.

It works the same way with making the wealth, wealthier. That person will hire, not one person more than needed. They work harder to keep every dollar for themselves. The wealthy, rightly to some degree look after their own interest. There is no trickle down and no job creation by the wealthy. That is also a truth.

So, who creates jobs and increases the GDP? It isn't big business, small business nor the wealthy. It is you and I--hard working folk that just need a fair wage for a days work. When you go to the movies or buy a new TV, you want to feel like you earned enough to justify all of those days of lifting 7000 lbs of cheese and meat. When you and hubby make a purchase, you just created millions of jobs!

The more money in your pockets, the more jobs will be created.

Please rest more. Make sure that hubby helps around the house. My mother raise me to work hard, then come home and help with the cooking and everything else. I was spoiled at home, because my wife does far less at home than my mother. She told me, "I'm a business women!" Bash

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                TX
                United States
                Member #121193
                January 4, 2012
                1637 Posts
                Posted: May 19, 2012, 9:01 am - IP Logged

I wonder if this guy is waiting for wealth ?  Maybe BHO will open up his checkbook to help a brother in need out.

A 33-year-old Knoxville, Tenn. man with 30 children appeared in court this week to ask the state for child-support help, Memphis news station WREG reported Wednesday.

Desmond Hatchett has fathered 30 children -- which is believed to be the record in Knox county, according to the Los Angeles Times -- with 11 different women. His youngest children are toddlers and his oldest is 14.

Hatchett reportedly asked the court to give him a break on his payments, claiming that he's struggling to make ends meet with his minimum-wage job. Currently, the state requires him to divide 50 percent of his earnings among the 11 women, some of whom receive as little as $1.49 a month, WREG reports.

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: May 19, 2012, 11:22 am - IP Logged

I wonder if this guy is waiting for wealth ?  Maybe BHO will open up his checkbook to help a brother in need out.

A 33-year-old Knoxville, Tenn. man with 30 children appeared in court this week to ask the state for child-support help, Memphis news station WREG reported Wednesday.

Desmond Hatchett has fathered 30 children -- which is believed to be the record in Knox county, according to the Los Angeles Times -- with 11 different women. His youngest children are toddlers and his oldest is 14.

Hatchett reportedly asked the court to give him a break on his payments, claiming that he's struggling to make ends meet with his minimum-wage job. Currently, the state requires him to divide 50 percent of his earnings among the 11 women, some of whom receive as little as $1.49 a month, WREG reports.

No CD, obummer wont open his checkbook.

He is too busy "waiting" on his own wealth by selling "Obama Pride" and "my two dads support Obama" t-shirts on his web site. A $40. package deal includes a bummer sticker.

Im sure goober will want to order at least 10 packs.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: May 19, 2012, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Sounds like hard work, most of us know hard work. That is why, all of my life I have work for the"least of these." I personally have reason for bitterness from working in various jobs, but the destruction that I witness daily from the Bush economy, leaves me little room for bitterness. I just don't want us to repeat the mistake of thinking that all we need to do is to continue this lop-sided economy of supporting tax policies that benefit just the wealthy and thinking that that is the way to economic salvation. Been there, done that!

The axiom of communism is based on thinking that working collectively leads to prosperity for all. The truth is that a man or women will always work harder if they own it. That is a truth.

It works the same way with making the wealth, wealthier. That person will hire, not one person more than needed. They work harder to keep every dollar for themselves. The wealthy, rightly to some degree look after their own interest. There is no trickle down and no job creation by the wealthy. That is also a truth.

So, who creates jobs and increases the GDP? It isn't big business, small business nor the wealthy. It is you and I--hard working folk that just need a fair wage for a days work. When you go to the movies or buy a new TV, you want to feel like you earned enough to justify all of those days of lifting 7000 lbs of cheese and meat. When you and hubby make a purchase, you just created millions of jobs!

Please rest more. Make sure that hubby helps around the house. My mother raise me to work hard, then come home and help with the cooking and everything else. I was spoiled at home, because my wife does far less at home than my mother. She told me, "I'm a business women!" Bash

From your writing, it sounds to me like you're really young, idealistic and impressionable, googler.

I think after you've matured and wised up a little, you'll realize how loony your views are right now.

Consider the following quote by Winston Churchill comparing values instilled by liberal teachers vis-a-vis dealing with the realities of the real world:

"Anyone who isn't a Liberal by the age of 20 has no heart, and anyone who isn't a Conservative by the age of 40 has no brain."

Truer words were never spoken.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: May 19, 2012, 11:39 am - IP Logged

From your writing, it sounds to me like you're really young, idealistic and impressionable, googler.

I think after you've matured and wised up a little, you'll realize how loony your views are right now.

Consider the following quote by Winston Churchill comparing values instilled by liberal teachers vis-a-vis dealing with the realities of the real world:

"Anyone who isn't a Liberal by the age of 20 has no heart, and anyone who isn't a Conservative by the age of 40 has no brain."

Truer words were never spoken.

I think the t-shirts should read:

Bumm Bumpers

unite

Vote for Obummer

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: May 19, 2012, 11:49 am - IP Logged

I think the t-shirts should read:

Bumm Bumpers

unite

Vote for Obummer

LOL

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
                          Ringleader
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          42185 Posts
                          Posted: May 19, 2012, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

Nobody and I mean Nobody, has sent more dollars to the wealthy then Obama, that stimulas package of his was the biggest joke of all jokes, Solyndra was the biggest yet. Bam bailed out GM, BANKS, MORTGAGE COMPANIES, AND THE WHO'S WHO OF THESE COMPANIES, SPEAKS VOLUMES.

You want Communism, really? Take a good long look at Cuba, China, Russia,

Nobody, needs a government that forces people to do what they say,

You want to talk about being bitter, How are you going to feel, if the government tells you, that you will dig ditches, or you won't eat?

You will live where they tell you, you will buy what they tell you,

Baby boy, do not be willing to trade your Freedom for scraps off the government table.

Big business. small business, do create jobs, it's government rules , regulations and taxes that kill them.

Nothing wrong with prosperity, if buying a hamburger created jobs, we'd all be working.

The only thing stopping you from prosperity is you.

The nice thing about free markets is you can have a piece of that pie.

My husband and I both have 401k's, we benefit everytime someone buys a coke or a car, I own stock in Phillip Morris, bought that for 14 dollars a share way back in the early 90's, I get paid a quarterly dividend , you too can have that, you just don't know how to get that.

My mom must have been ahead of her time, back when I graduated in 79, she told me, you need more than one source of income.

We do googler, but we sacrificed to get where we are, no one handed it to us, and we asked for sound advice along the way.

You can, have a piece of that pie, with communism, you'll have bread crumbs.

I sincerly wish you prosperity, today at my job, the peak of welfare week, not one person asked for an application for employment. NOT ONE.

You cannot tax the working class, not matter what size their income is, into making those who refuse to work or refuse to make good choices into prosperity.

If you want a government thats going to force us into giving away our rights, money and freedom for the sake of giving handouts to lazy, or unwilling people.

well, let me put it this way, if we go completely communist, It is my personal opinion, that the free lunch crowd, who are being used, with class, or even with race warfare, will no longer be needed, if they refuse to comply.

In fact, that may be true for anyone who refuses.

Do you really want Americans fighting for their freedom , to die or be jailed for the sake of communism ?

HyperBe Happy.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                            United States
                            Member #112968
                            June 29, 2011
                            3857 Posts
                            Posted: May 19, 2012, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

@ sully16, yes your mom was ahead of her time.

GOD bless her.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
                              United States
                              Member #110060
                              April 25, 2011
                              115 Posts
                              Posted: May 19, 2012, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

Nobody and I mean Nobody, has sent more dollars to the wealthy then Obama, that stimulas package of his was the biggest joke of all jokes, Solyndra was the biggest yet. Bam bailed out GM, BANKS, MORTGAGE COMPANIES, AND THE WHO'S WHO OF THESE COMPANIES, SPEAKS VOLUMES.

You want Communism, really? Take a good long look at Cuba, China, Russia,

Nobody, needs a government that forces people to do what they say,

You want to talk about being bitter, How are you going to feel, if the government tells you, that you will dig ditches, or you won't eat?

You will live where they tell you, you will buy what they tell you,

Baby boy, do not be willing to trade your Freedom for scraps off the government table.

Big business. small business, do create jobs, it's government rules , regulations and taxes that kill them.

Nothing wrong with prosperity, if buying a hamburger created jobs, we'd all be working.

The only thing stopping you from prosperity is you.

The nice thing about free markets is you can have a piece of that pie.

My husband and I both have 401k's, we benefit everytime someone buys a coke or a car, I own stock in Phillip Morris, bought that for 14 dollars a share way back in the early 90's, I get paid a quarterly dividend , you too can have that, you just don't know how to get that.

My mom must have been ahead of her time, back when I graduated in 79, she told me, you need more than one source of income.

We do googler, but we sacrificed to get where we are, no one handed it to us, and we asked for sound advice along the way.

You can, have a piece of that pie, with communism, you'll have bread crumbs.

I sincerly wish you prosperity, today at my job, the peak of welfare week, not one person asked for an application for employment. NOT ONE.

You cannot tax the working class, not matter what size their income is, into making those who refuse to work or refuse to make good choices into prosperity.

If you want a government thats going to force us into giving away our rights, money and freedom for the sake of giving handouts to lazy, or unwilling people.

well, let me put it this way, if we go completely communist, It is my personal opinion, that the free lunch crowd, who are being used, with class, or even with race warfare, will no longer be needed, if they refuse to comply.

In fact, that may be true for anyone who refuses.

Do you really want Americans fighting for their freedom , to die or be jailed for the sake of communism ?

Sully, you are so wrong about practically everything that you said. I think that are more interested in the tone and general direction of what you read or listen to than really digging for facts. That is dangerous.

I'm out, my participation in this thread end here. Someone is doing you a great disservice.

Page 25 of 27