Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Waiting for Wealth

Topic closed. 404 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 26 of 27
PrintE-mailLink

Should you vote for and support policies that benefit only the rich as you wait to win the lottery?

Yes [ 10 ]  [18.52%]
No [ 44 ]  [81.48%]
Total Valid Votes [ 54 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 9 ]  
maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
Lavender Rocket

United States
Member #124616
March 16, 2012
2642 Posts
Posted: May 19, 2012, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

Sully, you are so wrong about practically everything that you said. I think that are more interested in the tone and general direction of what you read or listen to than really digging for facts. That is dangerous.

I'm out, my participation in this thread end here. Someone is doing you a great disservice.

Googler, are you one of those folks who just talk louder - thinking volume makes up for ... anything and everything?  your fonts keep getting larger... are you doing so thinking you are going to out font-size everyone else into submission?  is this a subliminal act or purposeful?

Virginia Beach, Virginia
    United States
    Member #110060
    April 25, 2011
    115 Posts
    Posted: May 19, 2012, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

From your writing, it sounds to me like you're really young, idealistic and impressionable, googler.

I think after you've matured and wised up a little, you'll realize how loony your views are right now.

Consider the following quote by Winston Churchill comparing values instilled by liberal teachers vis-a-vis dealing with the realities of the real world:

"Anyone who isn't a Liberal by the age of 20 has no heart, and anyone who isn't a Conservative by the age of 40 has no brain."

Truer words were never spoken.

Pffffffffffffffffffffftttt!  US Flag   I'm just glad that i'm not filled with your strange and misdirected bitterness and that my brain hasn't calcified like many in this forum.

I'm out!     Calcium can't hear nor speak.

God bless American and let us pray that right wing nutjobs don't destroy this great nation.

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      42070 Posts
      Posted: May 19, 2012, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

Sully, you are so wrong about practically everything that you said. I think that are more interested in the tone and general direction of what you read or listen to than really digging for facts. That is dangerous.

I'm out, my participation in this thread end here. Someone is doing you a great disservice.

What facts am I wrong about ?, you make a blanket statement with nothing to back it up, who is doing me a dis-service ? who ?

I am not the one struggling to survive, you are,

you want to live under a dictatorship ? if so, your just a f***ing idiot.

If you think the people in this country are just going to standby and watch a government confiscate their stuff, you'd be real wrong.

This country grew on the free market system, it's being destroyed by elected officials who believe they are above the laws and the constitution,

Clearly, your jealous of those who have more, and in your sick twisted way, you feel if the government takes away their stuff and gives it to you, you'll have some kind of pay-back, or come-uppance, is that what you think ?

Grow up.

HyperBe Happy.

Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        42070 Posts
        Posted: May 19, 2012, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Pffffffffffffffffffffftttt!  US Flag   I'm just glad that i'm not filled with your strange and misdirected bitterness and that my brain hasn't calcified like many in this forum.

I'm out!     Calcium can't hear nor speak.

God bless American and let us pray that right wing nutjobs don't destroy this great nation.

Oh, but you are, you are one mis-guided, bitter little whelp.

HyperBe Happy.

Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          42070 Posts
          Posted: May 19, 2012, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

By the way a**HOLE, WHATEVER IT IS YOUR PHISHING FOR, YOU WON'T GET.

YOU WON'T GET IT...

HyperBe Happy.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: May 19, 2012, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

By the way a**HOLE, WHATEVER IT IS YOUR PHISHING FOR, YOU WON'T GET.

YOU WON'T GET IT...

Sully, I'm gonna call you the Clock Cleaner cuz you cleaned his clock again!

Yeeeeeee haaaaaaaa! Weeeeeeeeee dogies!

His mommy can probably hear him in the basement: "No mas! No mas! No mas!"

I love a good shutout!

Shutout hell, a no-hitter!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: May 19, 2012, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like hard work, most of us know hard work. That is why, all of my life I have work for the"least of these." I personally have reason for bitterness from working in various jobs, but the destruction that I witness daily from the Bush economy, leaves me little room for bitterness. I just don't want us to repeat the mistake of thinking that all we need to do is to continue this lop-sided economy of supporting tax policies that benefit just the wealthy and thinking that that is the way to economic salvation. Been there, done that!

The axiom of communism is based on thinking that working collectively leads to prosperity for all. The truth is that a man or women will always work harder if they own it. That is a truth.

It works the same way with making the wealth, wealthier. That person will hire, not one person more than needed. They work harder to keep every dollar for themselves. The wealthy, rightly to some degree look after their own interest. There is no trickle down and no job creation by the wealthy. That is also a truth.

So, who creates jobs and increases the GDP? It isn't big business, small business nor the wealthy. It is you and I--hard working folk that just need a fair wage for a days work. When you go to the movies or buy a new TV, you want to feel like you earned enough to justify all of those days of lifting 7000 lbs of cheese and meat. When you and hubby make a purchase, you just created millions of jobs!

The more money in your pockets, the more jobs will be created.

Please rest more. Make sure that hubby helps around the house. My mother raise me to work hard, then come home and help with the cooking and everything else. I was spoiled at home, because my wife does far less at home than my mother. She told me, "I'm a business women!" Bash

"My mother raise me to work hard, then come home and help with the cooking and everything else. I was spoiled at home, because my wife does far less at home than my mother."

We all saw it googley.

You're just a spoiled brat mama's boy, who's used to getting his way.

Well guess what son, your wife and the world ain't gonna baby you like your mommy did.

It's high time you do what sully told you to do:

Grow up! 

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: May 19, 2012, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

Googler, are you one of those folks who just talk louder - thinking volume makes up for ... anything and everything?  your fonts keep getting larger... are you doing so thinking you are going to out font-size everyone else into submission?  is this a subliminal act or purposeful?

LOL, I think he comes from one of those families where whoever yells the loudest wins the argument.

--Edmund Burke

Ringleader
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #81740
                  October 28, 2009
                  42070 Posts
                  Posted: May 19, 2012, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

"My mother raise me to work hard, then come home and help with the cooking and everything else. I was spoiled at home, because my wife does far less at home than my mother."

We all saw it googley.

You're just a spoiled brat mama's boy, who's used to getting his way.

Well guess what son, your wife and the world ain't gonna baby you like your mommy did.

It's high time you do what sully told you to do:

Grow up! 

Yep, grow up and move out....out of the country that is !

You don't like it here goo, ya nut-less wonder, move on out to a new country

Here are some suggestions, since your all for communism and dictatorships,

I mean why try to change us, when tierny and oppression are already at your fingertips.

North Korea, what a lovely place, we'll never have to hear from you again, no internet, no communicating out-side the country unless you have permission, and some really great walls for keeping people in.

Iran- when your wife doesn't baby you enough, you can just pour some gas on her and set her on fire, teach her to make you help out around the house.

Venezuela, Hope you know how to play baseball, cause if you don't your pretty much useless.

Albania, the government decides your fate from cradle to grave, you'll never have to make a decision again. you will do what your told, or you will rot in prison.

Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it.

HyperBe Happy.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: May 20, 2012, 12:00 am - IP Logged

Yep, grow up and move out....out of the country that is !

You don't like it here goo, ya nut-less wonder, move on out to a new country

Here are some suggestions, since your all for communism and dictatorships,

I mean why try to change us, when tierny and oppression are already at your fingertips.

North Korea, what a lovely place, we'll never have to hear from you again, no internet, no communicating out-side the country unless you have permission, and some really great walls for keeping people in.

Iran- when your wife doesn't baby you enough, you can just pour some gas on her and set her on fire, teach her to make you help out around the house.

Venezuela, Hope you know how to play baseball, cause if you don't your pretty much useless.

Albania, the government decides your fate from cradle to grave, you'll never have to make a decision again. you will do what your told, or you will rot in prison.

Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it.

Nut-less wonder, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh...

That's it in a nutshell (An empty one!) heh, heh, heh, heh, heh...

--Edmund Burke

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #99032
                      October 18, 2010
                      1439 Posts
                      Posted: May 20, 2012, 2:40 am - IP Logged

Googler, you simply misquote everyone all the time.

For example, I did not say I will not be voting, but that I will not be voting for Obama or Romney.

You also have little understanding of the principles of a free society, capitalism or economics in general.

United States
                        Member #124493
                        March 14, 2012
                        7023 Posts
                        Posted: May 20, 2012, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

Googler, you simply misquote everyone all the time.

For example, I did not say I will not be voting, but that I will not be voting for Obama or Romney.

You also have little understanding of the principles of a free society, capitalism or economics in general.

Googler it appears you like to misquote people...

You would be perfect to run as a Republican candidate for president...with your lottery millions you could fund your own superpac.

All you have to do is wave a rainbow flag and you are sure to win!!

@boney...from my experience...i do not think ANYBODY has any understanding of the principles of a free society, capitalism, ecomomics or history...

whether it be the history of humans or just the history of earth itself.

All i know is they print the money...i work for the money...i spend the money...people fight for the money...steal for the money...kill for the money...and surely argue about the money...

When I have my own printing press churning out hundreds, and coin stamper making quarters...then i might truly understand capitalism.

Its all about the golden rule.  He who has the gold, makes the rules.

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: May 21, 2012, 12:15 am - IP Logged

I was driving on the freeway today and I approached a Prius from behind that was traveling about 62 mph in a 65 zone. As I got closer I could see the Obama bumper stickers for 08' and 12'. There were also ASU stickers in the back window. As I drove past going 67 mph I saw a white middle aged man driving with a negro in the front seat and a dog in the back. 

And I thought, this is exactly what goober is trying to tell us we are all supposed to be like. Here is someone who is living out the left wing dream. Saving fuel, helping someone less fortunate, saving a forsaken animal, promoting higher education, and voting for obama.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                            Lavender Rocket

United States
                            Member #124616
                            March 16, 2012
                            2642 Posts
                            Posted: May 21, 2012, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

I was driving on the freeway today and I approached a Prius from behind that was traveling about 62 mph in a 65 zone. As I got closer I could see the Obama bumper stickers for 08' and 12'. There were also ASU stickers in the back window. As I drove past going 67 mph I saw a white middle aged man driving with a negro in the front seat and a dog in the back. 

And I thought, this is exactly what goober is trying to tell us we are all supposed to be like. Here is someone who is living out the left wing dream. Saving fuel, helping someone less fortunate, saving a forsaken animal, promoting higher education, and voting for obama.

Ronnie - what makes you think the passenger was less fortunate than the driver?

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: May 21, 2012, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

Ronnie - what makes you think the passenger was less fortunate than the driver?

They were going toward ASU and the passanger looked much younger, as if to be a student catching a ride. 

You know, affirmative action.

"A policy or a program that seeks to redress past discrimination through active measures to ensure equal opportunity, as in education and employment"

Page 26 of 27