Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 10 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: June 16, 2012, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

Sorry you thought I was an authority on lotteries, all I did was post information that you could have gotten yourself as a premium LP member.  You are the typical example of why I've turned down requests like yours to team up with you.  If it doesn't matter what others think then stop blaming their negativity.

RJ, I'm not "blaming" anybody for anything. I accept responsibility for my own actions at all times. AS far as all the negativity I'm just pointing it out in hopes that some of you would realize how totally unnecessary it is. I come up with a creative way to POSSIBLY hit a JP and about a half a dozen people are going out of there way to tell me all kinds of negativity that I have already outlined............

And the sceptics say "a fluke" "just luck" "your wasting your time" "your confused"

All I asked for was a little help moving forward with some of my ideas and you guys act like I'm a invasionary force here to disrupt the harmony of the warm loving LP family?????

Really???

YOU ALL ARE JOKING, RIGHT??? LOL.

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: June 16, 2012, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Besides....... SO WHAT if I'm totally WRONG about everything IM saying...........

IT IS IMPOSIBLE TO CREATIVE BY MEANS OF TRIAL AND ERROR

WITHOUT BEING WRONG A FEW TIMES...........................

Smash

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: June 16, 2012, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

And another thing, I never said I was "working with a team" what I said was that "I have some friends"

The ONLY person I ask to "team up" with me is RJ and I never said I thought you were an "expert" at LP.   

All I wanted was a list of lines 

NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90535
        April 29, 2010
        11979 Posts
        Posted: June 16, 2012, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

I enjoy the "rigged" games, makes it even more gratifying when you finally hit that jackpot!   Banana

Paying for a fantasy of wealth until the day of the drawing when reality sets in.I know that you are playing the lottery to relive the fact that you won $200k playing Powerball.Good luck

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: June 16, 2012, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Paying for a fantasy of wealth until the day of the drawing when reality sets in.I know that you are playing the lottery to relive the fact that you won $200k playing Powerball.Good luck

I'm not trying to "re-live" anything THRIFTY.  What I would like, is to win 2-nites jackpot and "live" happily ever after!  Lovies

Thanks for the well wishes.  Cheers

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: June 16, 2012, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

It is obvious from this thread that Ronnie is an elaborate troll and should be ignored by all.

Oh look, Pastor med tells the congregation to avoid the big, bad, mean troll. Evil Looking

The troll could huff and puff and tell you how to win a JP.

Take heed and run for your life.

Hide sheep.

BS

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
              Lavender Rocket

United States
              Member #124616
              March 16, 2012
              2642 Posts
              Posted: June 16, 2012, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

I'm not trying to "re-live" anything THRIFTY.  What I would like, is to win 2-nites jackpot and "live" happily ever after!  Lovies

Thanks for the well wishes.  Cheers

I would LOVE to re-live my jackpot win.  that of course would require me to live it first.  a 2-fer would be amazing! 

what would be even better would be back to back MM/PB wins!  (one with self-select and one with qp's)

whoo-hoo! 

of course - once again that would be difficult since I dont play qps... (although after my FIRST win I promise to play a qp each drawing till I will #2! - how is THAT for compromise?)

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: June 16, 2012, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

Yous guys sky-jack a thread even worse than you play the lottery.

If there is a person out there who understands The Positive Energy Flow System and wants to help Ronnie hit 5 out of 5 again, please let me know. Please, no government worker trolls or members of The Church of the Negativity. 

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: June 17, 2012, 10:37 am - IP Logged

Sorry you thought I was an authority on lotteries, all I did was post information that you could have gotten yourself as a premium LP member.  You are the typical example of why I've turned down requests like yours to team up with you.  If it doesn't matter what others think then stop blaming their negativity.

No problem RJ, I am grateful for the assistance you offered. However I do not think you are correct about the information I needed being available here at LP. I went over this several times but will go over it again just for clarification.

The LP premium key wheel feature will key UP TO 16 numbers (4368 lines) NOT 28 numbers.

Which is the reason I was asking if anyone could help me accomplish this task (and other similar tasks)

I do understand that 4368 lines is way more than enough for most people, just not enough for my task.

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #99032
                    October 18, 2010
                    1439 Posts
                    Posted: June 17, 2012, 11:14 am - IP Logged

I think that I know a site has one, but I'm unsure, because their tools don't work on my PC, and I'm not allowed to post the site's name on LP.

Worth a shot to check, I guess.  Just search google for Full lottery wheel, I think the first site to pop up should be it.  (Unless that's just google knowing that I've been to the site.

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: June 17, 2012, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

I think that I know a site has one, but I'm unsure, because their tools don't work on my PC, and I'm not allowed to post the site's name on LP.

Worth a shot to check, I guess.  Just search google for Full lottery wheel, I think the first site to pop up should be it.  (Unless that's just google knowing that I've been to the site.

Thanks Boney,

Thats exacty what I did. (have to love google) I moved the list to Notepad where line 47,406 was the winner.

8 - 12 - 18 - 28 - 52 ** 1
                      8 - 12 - 18 - 28 - 54 ** 1
                      8 - 12 - 18 - 28 - 56 ** 1
                      8 - 12 - 18 - 30 - 32 ** 1
                      8 - 12 - 18 - 30 - 34 ** 1
                      8 - 12 - 18 - 30 - 36 ** 1
                      8 - 12 - 18 - 30 - 38 ** 1
                      8 - 12 - 18 - 30 - 40 ** 1
                      8 - 12 - 18 - 30 - 42 ** 1
                      8 - 12 - 18 - 30 - 44 ** 1
                      8 - 12 - 18 - 30 - 46 ** 1
                      8 - 12 - 18 - 30 - 48 ** 1
                      8 - 12 - 18 - 30 - 50 ** 1
                      8 - 12 - 18 - 30 - 52 ** 1
                      8 - 12 - 18 - 30 - 54 ** 1

New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #99032
                        October 18, 2010
                        1439 Posts
                        Posted: June 17, 2012, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

No problem.

You should know I'm not trying to hate, and I'm certainly not trying to be negative, I'm just trying to spread knowledge.  And I know there's no way to better your odds, but there are ways to increase Expected Value.  Whenever I play Lottery, I choose lots of high numbers to avoid splitting the JP if I do win.  That's my 2 cents.  That's just the gambler in me.  When I gamble, I only do so at an advantage, but I consider lottery entertainment rather than gambling. I still try to maximize EV when playing lottery.

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: June 17, 2012, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

No problem.

You should know I'm not trying to hate, and I'm certainly not trying to be negative, I'm just trying to spread knowledge.  And I know there's no way to better your odds, but there are ways to increase Expected Value.  Whenever I play Lottery, I choose lots of high numbers to avoid splitting the JP if I do win.  That's my 2 cents.  That's just the gambler in me.  When I gamble, I only do so at an advantage, but I consider lottery entertainment rather than gambling. I still try to maximize EV when playing lottery.

Ok, but just one question. Where did you learn "there's no way to better your odds"?

New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #99032
                            October 18, 2010
                            1439 Posts
                            Posted: June 17, 2012, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

The math, and the physical means of the draw.  Because of the way the draw happens, you can conclude that every combination is equally likely, so long as there is no physical biases going on in the way the balls are drawn.

Now if we found out that some balls were heavier than others, or differently shaped, missing or something of that sort, then you can find that bias and combos would be more likely.

The best thing I can compare it to is a roulette wheel.  So long as there is no bias in the wheel's shape, or the dealers spinning, the physical process to draw the game results in a normal distribution.  In other words, it is fair and random every spin.  No slots are gone, and the ball and wheel have no memory.

I guess it's mainly because I trust the Lottery to draw a fair game.  As long as they are doing that, the math is simple.  56*55*54*53*52*46=175,711,536 equally likely combos.  Because the balls are replaced and each draw is independent, this holds true everytime.  If there was any other factor, like heavy balls, the math would become significantly more complex, and certarin combos would be more likely.

However, a game like Blackjack isn't like that.  The odds are the same for the first hand of every deck.  But after that, the deck's composition changes, so the odds do, as well.  (B/C certain cards favor the house, and others the player, you can track what cards are left in play and bet bigger when there is an advantage.  You don't have to do the math, just know the strategies.  Someone else can do that math)

I don't really know how else to explain it.  It's fairly simple.  If the balls are all the same, just numbered, and are drawn by a random method, all the combos have the same odds.  It's purely math and logic.  There is nothing to suggest bias in the drawing, so the math has to be based off of unbiased draws.  In an unbiased draw, every combo is equally likely to be drawn.

Plus, the only way to determine bias from an outsiders persepective would be to take a large sample size and run a statistical test on it.  But there are less drawings than would be required for even a small confidence level.  A roulette wheel takes about 20,000 spins to deteremine bias to a 99% confidence level.  Imagine a Lottery.

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: June 17, 2012, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

The math, and the physical means of the draw.  Because of the way the draw happens, you can conclude that every combination is equally likely, so long as there is no physical biases going on in the way the balls are drawn.

Now if we found out that some balls were heavier than others, or differently shaped, missing or something of that sort, then you can find that bias and combos would be more likely.

The best thing I can compare it to is a roulette wheel.  So long as there is no bias in the wheel's shape, or the dealers spinning, the physical process to draw the game results in a normal distribution.  In other words, it is fair and random every spin.  No slots are gone, and the ball and wheel have no memory.

I guess it's mainly because I trust the Lottery to draw a fair game.  As long as they are doing that, the math is simple.  56*55*54*53*52*46=175,711,536 equally likely combos.  Because the balls are replaced and each draw is independent, this holds true everytime.  If there was any other factor, like heavy balls, the math would become significantly more complex, and certarin combos would be more likely.

However, a game like Blackjack isn't like that.  The odds are the same for the first hand of every deck.  But after that, the deck's composition changes, so the odds do, as well.  (B/C certain cards favor the house, and others the player, you can track what cards are left in play and bet bigger when there is an advantage.  You don't have to do the math, just know the strategies.  Someone else can do that math)

I don't really know how else to explain it.  It's fairly simple.  If the balls are all the same, just numbered, and are drawn by a random method, all the combos have the same odds.  It's purely math and logic.  There is nothing to suggest bias in the drawing, so the math has to be based off of unbiased draws.  In an unbiased draw, every combo is equally likely to be drawn.

Plus, the only way to determine bias from an outsiders persepective would be to take a large sample size and run a statistical test on it.  But there are less drawings than would be required for even a small confidence level.  A roulette wheel takes about 20,000 spins to deteremine bias to a 99% confidence level.  Imagine a Lottery.

Ok, and that's a great logical conclusion. But you just figured that out logically, without doing any trial and error testing, no scientific model, no hypothesis and experimental analysis? Just logic?

I'm not trying to have a problem with anyone either. Just asking.

Page 10 of 353