Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 5:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 8 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: June 15, 2012, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

Is there something in the water here?  Why are Lottery Post members always so flippin' obsessed with bringing politics into everything?  Even if you were correct about my political leanings -- which you're not -- that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the discussion at hand.

Everybody thinks they've got the perfect system, but strangely enough, they all clam up when you ask them to show their results.  Turns out that even the "best" systems lose much more money than they get back.

With over 175 million combinations, figuring out the one winner is pure luck.  It's practically the very definition of "needle in a haystack".

It is true that some combinations have better odds than others, but only in the most general terms.  I highly doubt this can be broken down specifically enough to be of any real (i.e. big-money winning) use.  But, like RJOh said, if you really think you're on to something, participate in Maddog's challenges and show us what you've got.

Ok, thank you. In the most broad and "general terms" is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not saying its the holy grail or that I can hit the JP playing 3168 combinations. I'm talking about play 49,000 lines only because its the smallest, easy to define group I could think of off the top of my head.

Here's the thing. The results are WAY too consistent with each groups overall odds "in general terms" to NOT be predictable IN SOME SMALL WAY. I use caps to emphasize that I'm not talking about some miracle system. I'm talking about any tiny, small advantage that could (maybe, possibly) be built on later.

In the example of all even numbers that RJ posted for me to see. Notice that the odds as a group (98,280 lines) are 2.6% overall. Also notice the consistency of the results of 41 times out of 1572 draws, which equal 2.6081%

That is consistant down to I/100th of a percent.

But of course, I'm sure it will just be a "fluke" if I hit 5 out of 5 in the next few weeks?

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #99032
    October 18, 2010
    1439 Posts
    Posted: June 15, 2012, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

Ok, thank you. In the most broad and "general terms" is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not saying its the holy grail or that I can hit the JP playing 3168 combinations. I'm talking about play 49,000 lines only because its the smallest, easy to define group I could think of off the top of my head.

Here's the thing. The results are WAY too consistent with each groups overall odds "in general terms" to NOT be predictable IN SOME SMALL WAY. I use caps to emphasize that I'm not talking about some miracle system. I'm talking about any tiny, small advantage that could (maybe, possibly) be built on later.

In the example of all even numbers that RJ posted for me to see. Notice that the odds as a group (98,280 lines) are 2.6% overall. Also notice the consistency of the results of 41 times out of 1572 draws, which equal 2.6081%

That is consistant down to I/100th of a percent.

But of course, I'm sure it will just be a "fluke" if I hit 5 out of 5 in the next few weeks?

Not a fluke.  Luck.

I wish you good luck lol.  I just want you to realize it gives you no advantage, not even a small one, in terms of the odds of hitting.

topnail's avatar - Lottery-021.jpg
      Boise
      United States
      Member #127183
      April 25, 2012
      394 Posts
      Posted: June 16, 2012, 1:40 am - IP Logged

wow

Mega million draw

are all even tonight 6/15

08-12-18-30-40

MB 04

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: June 16, 2012, 5:54 am - IP Logged

wow

Mega million draw

08-12-18-30-40

MB 04

Good observation Topnail! Ronnie these are the numbers you should have played last evening.  Eek     LOL

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: June 16, 2012, 11:01 am - IP Logged

Good observation Topnail! Ronnie these are the numbers you should have played last evening.  Eek     LOL

RONNIE HITS 5 OUT OF 5 PLAYING ALL EVEN NUMBERS 

Thank you topnail and mc for your positive energy flow.

And the sceptics say "a fluke" "just luck" "your wasting your time" "your confused"

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #99032
            October 18, 2010
            1439 Posts
            Posted: June 16, 2012, 11:34 am - IP Logged

Did you hit 5/5?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19891 Posts
              Posted: June 16, 2012, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

Did you hit 5/5?

According to the story at USAMega 6 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $250,000 prize: 1 from California, 1 from Illinois, 1 from New Jersey, 2 from Texas, and 1 from Wisconsin.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
                NEW YORK
                United States
                Member #90535
                April 29, 2010
                12094 Posts
                Posted: June 16, 2012, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

wow

Mega million draw

08-12-18-30-40

MB 04

Mega Millions, Powerball all lottery games are rigged. I am playing less often for less lines.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
                  NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  12094 Posts
                  Posted: June 16, 2012, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

According to the story at USAMega 6 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $250,000 prize: 1 from California, 1 from Illinois, 1 from New Jersey, 2 from Texas, and 1 from Wisconsin.

6 lucky players chosen by the lottery.The lottery always choose When & Where a prize is given out.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: June 16, 2012, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

RONNIE HITS 5 OUT OF 5 PLAYING ALL EVEN NUMBERS 

Thank you topnail and mc for your positive energy flow.

And the sceptics say "a fluke" "just luck" "your wasting your time" "your confused"

Consider our services the "LIQUID DRANO", of unclogging the negative energy flows which surround us daily. The sceptics are very sceptical, as

far as I'm concerned.  Angry

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: June 16, 2012, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions, Powerball all lottery games are rigged. I am playing less often for less lines.

I enjoy the "rigged" games, makes it even more gratifying when you finally hit that jackpot!   Banana

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: June 16, 2012, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

Consider our services the "LIQUID DRANO", of unclogging the negative energy flows which surround us daily. The sceptics are very sceptical, as

far as I'm concerned.  Angry

All yous guys at LP who tell people they cant win the lottery should start your own church, and recuit med as your Pastor.

You can call it The Church of the Negitivity.

Your doctrine can be "Negativism"                                                                           

You can write into your constitution things such as:                                                   

MORE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT                               Jester Laugh

MORE REGULATIONS

MORE TAXES

ABOLISH 1%ER'S

ABOLISH STATE LOTTERIES IN FAVOR OF FEDERAL LOTTEY WITH NO JACKPOTS

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: June 16, 2012, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

All yous guys at LP who tell people they cant win the lottery should start your own church, and recuit med as your Pastor.

You can call it The Church of the Negitivity.

Your doctrine can be "Negativism"                                                                           

You can write into your constitution things such as:                                                   

MORE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT                               Jester Laugh

MORE REGULATIONS

MORE TAXES

ABOLISH 1%ER'S

ABOLISH STATE LOTTERIES IN FAVOR OF FEDERAL LOTTEY WITH NO JACKPOTS

Great post Ronnie!

If they take donations at this "church," wonder if they ever consider spending any of it on lotto tickets?

Probably not, because their to afraid of the long-shot odds of winning.   Eek   Green laugh

topnail's avatar - Lottery-021.jpg
                            Boise
                            United States
                            Member #127183
                            April 25, 2012
                            394 Posts
                            Posted: June 16, 2012, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

RONNIE !

I Agree!

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: June 16, 2012, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

As a matter of fact, my friends and I didn't play in the live drawing last night because you and the other LP members advised us not to. What was it you said?........

you might want to run some of the past winning numbers to see how you would have done in the past had you bought all 46000 lines.

Of course. we are not the least bit concerned or fretful, and there are 3 reasons why:

1. We are playing for entertainment purposes only.

2. Winning or losing will not effect our lifestyle or outlook.

3. We are confident that we can play and win when the optimal conditions arises again. 

Page 8 of 353