Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 305 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: February 14, 2013, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Get em' , LB

This thread is useless it serves no USE !!! The fact is people who do have verifiable systems , methods or theories careless about this  Thread . They can post this information all day and night it still will not change anyones mind . It does not matter how many screens name these people go under and keep posting and agreeing with them selfs it does not matter to any of US .

I Agree! Perhaps their obsession with LP will give way to medication soon What?

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: February 14, 2013, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

"What is the probability that One(1) of the Lottery's 5 picks is among your 28?

Two(2), Three(3), Four(4), Five(5)?"

With all the free lottery odds calculator on the Internet, that probably has been calculated many times.  Besides, every serious lottery player has one in his tool box as I do.  You just calculate the odds of matching five of fifty-six with 98,280 lines.

I think I saw those results posted earlier in this thread.

I Agree! Everything we have done here has been super simplistic, and 1 in 39 has been a major theme.

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: February 14, 2013, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

I think Jimmy is just jealous of people like Gail Howard, who have developed bonafide systems.

Personally in my opinion the only way to get rid of a nuisance is to not respond to them. 

However much I would love to read catlin book, and the other 273 posted articles by "scholars" provided by those proselytizing, I just dont have the time.

I prefer to not be "mired" with useless information that does not help me to win, but use what little time I have to do a thorough analysis of my game, and not read about statistics and probability.

I chose to not major in "statistics" or "probability" in college, and therefore I do not chose to run to probability and statistical articles by self professed gurus.

If we want to talk odds then we should discuss the Fundamental Formula of Gambling and the following chart.

But oh yeah, as one of the stooges professed, Ion Saliu is another snake oil salesman.  I wonder why Jimmy is here when the stooges believe all Lottery People are fools and snakeoil people. (I wonder if Jimmy feels that way about Todd too)

Here is the chart from "Socrates" website. (just scroll down a little)

Run the best software in its class, including probability, Fundamental Formula of Gambling (FFG), degree of certainty. Run the best software in its class, including probability, Fundamental Formula of Gambling (FFG), degree of certainty. http://saliu.com/Saliu2.htm

There is no cure for emphatic, pathological, obsessive, pontificating jealousy.

Jimmy just curious, have you read the Lottery Master Guide by Gail Howard? or is catlins book your bible?

And Jimmy, also curious, what are your TRUE feelings about Todd?

I shouldn't even be responding to you, because I have blocked your dumb toxic ass, so I wont be able to see your pontificating reply anyway.

Why dont you take the example of the pontificating paedophile priest protecting padre, and just RESIGN.

Nice work LottoBoner, I think LP has become LJ's pontification station for having hyper hallucinations.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19817 Posts
        Posted: February 14, 2013, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

Could you please post the probabilities for matching 1 through 5  of 5 (of 56) with 28 (of 56) ?

You obviously aren't a serious lottery player.  Knowing there are 3818916 possible combinations with 56 numbers, figuring out the odds of matching the five winning numbers with 98280 combinations should be easy for any serious lottery player to figure.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: February 14, 2013, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

You obviously aren't a serious lottery player.  Knowing there are 3818916 possible combinations with 56 numbers, figuring out the odds of matching the five winning numbers with 98280 combinations should be easy for any serious lottery player to figure.

He is not a serious player.  He is one of those terrible allstates pick 3 bettors.  Who bets like that? It is a sign of delirium. He is not serious about lottery, he is serious only about wanting every member on LP to click on his stupid links. He is just a serious loser.

With every pontificating post all you want to do is

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: February 14, 2013, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

He is not a serious player.  He is one of those terrible allstates pick 3 bettors.  Who bets like that? It is a sign of delirium. He is not serious about lottery, he is serious only about wanting every member on LP to click on his stupid links. He is just a serious loser.

With every pontificating post all you want to do is

I Agree! I also made use of the "block" option. Now I don't even have to read the first sentence of pontificating, rambling, hogwash, hallucinatory, babbling, ritualistic, mantra incantation nonsensical gibberish.

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: February 14, 2013, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

However you cant change the fact that some posters are just toxic.

Perhaps we could just ask them to stop posting here and they will stop What? 

It has been suggested several times that they start their own thread and I have even offered suggestion as to how to go about creating a title for their very own thread, but no one seems to be interested in:

"Why I lose every time I play"

or

"Do all combinations lose equally?"

or

There is no such thing as a lottery winner"

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7297 Posts
                Posted: February 14, 2013, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

"Boney discussed STD DEV and the concept of using it to get a slight edge so that leaves you as the only principal posters adding nothing but criticism to Ronnie's discussion."

- Wow you really did not understand a thing I posted.  You can't "use" standard deviation, and you certainly don't use it to gain an edge.

Do you really believe every one of the 56 MM numbers will be drawn exactly five times each in the next 56 drawings or do know because of STD DEV some numbers will be drawn more and some numbers will be drawn less?

You're criticism has passed the boring point and you have nothing useful to add to the discussion.

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: February 14, 2013, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

Do you really believe every one of the 56 MM numbers will be drawn exactly five times each in the next 56 drawings or do know because of STD DEV some numbers will be drawn more and some numbers will be drawn less?

You're criticism has passed the boring point and you have nothing useful to add to the discussion.

But stack, there is no reason to make observations and create expectations, because even if you do and you somehow win the lottery it will all be "just luck" anyway. Understand?

And they thought I didn't understand what they have been saying. How foolish of them.

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                    Whiskey Island
                    United States
                    Member #90216
                    April 24, 2010
                    12729 Posts
                    Posted: February 14, 2013, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

It's really time to bury this Thread 6 feet under !!!!

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: February 14, 2013, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

Its not going to happen CajunWin4. Are you giving a vote of support to Jimmy and Boney?

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: February 14, 2013, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

How bout this? As soon as someone uses "better odds" to win a jackpot AND gives Todd the story, I will stop posting on this thread and it can go to the archives. How does that sound?

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: February 14, 2013, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

Have a good night everyone. Sleep

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7297 Posts
                            Posted: February 14, 2013, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

I think Jimmy is just jealous of people like Gail Howard, who have developed bonafide systems.

Personally in my opinion the only way to get rid of a nuisance is to not respond to them. 

However much I would love to read catlin book, and the other 273 posted articles by "scholars" provided by those proselytizing, I just dont have the time.

I prefer to not be "mired" with useless information that does not help me to win, but use what little time I have to do a thorough analysis of my game, and not read about statistics and probability.

I chose to not major in "statistics" or "probability" in college, and therefore I do not chose to run to probability and statistical articles by self professed gurus.

If we want to talk odds then we should discuss the Fundamental Formula of Gambling and the following chart.

But oh yeah, as one of the stooges professed, Ion Saliu is another snake oil salesman.  I wonder why Jimmy is here when the stooges believe all Lottery People are fools and snakeoil people. (I wonder if Jimmy feels that way about Todd too)

Here is the chart from "Socrates" website. (just scroll down a little)

Run the best software in its class, including probability, Fundamental Formula of Gambling (FFG), degree of certainty. Run the best software in its class, including probability, Fundamental Formula of Gambling (FFG), degree of certainty. http://saliu.com/Saliu2.htm

There is no cure for emphatic, pathological, obsessive, pontificating jealousy.

Jimmy just curious, have you read the Lottery Master Guide by Gail Howard? or is catlins book your bible?

And Jimmy, also curious, what are your TRUE feelings about Todd?

I shouldn't even be responding to you, because I have blocked your dumb toxic ass, so I wont be able to see your pontificating reply anyway.

Why dont you take the example of the pontificating paedophile priest protecting padre, and just RESIGN.

"Personally in my opinion the only way to get rid of a nuisance is to not respond to them."

LMAO!

Just counting the responses Jimmy's threads get, it's easy to see that not many members are interested in his topics. This topic started on June 4, has 305 pages, was very active, and the topic he started lasted three weeks and is now on Page 3. 

"But oh yeah, as one of the stooges professed, Ion Saliu is another snake oil salesman.  I wonder why Jimmy is here when the stooges believe all Lottery People are fools and snakeoil people. (I wonder if Jimmy feels that way about Todd too)"

Some of the state lotteries are 30 years old and lottery systems went on sale the day after the lotteries started. We're being lectured because we're talking about other ways to play the same games people have played for all those years; free information for anyone logging onto this site. I don't know the percentage of members with Gold and Premium memberships, but know there are more non-members than members online right now.

There are currently 4751 active users: 4533 guests and 218 members.

"There is no cure for emphatic, pathological, obsessive, pontificating jealousy."

Or for delusions of grandeur.

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7297 Posts
                              Posted: February 14, 2013, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

But stack, there is no reason to make observations and create expectations, because even if you do and you somehow win the lottery it will all be "just luck" anyway. Understand?

And they thought I didn't understand what they have been saying. How foolish of them.

Is luck the reason when the birthday numbers the player selected are drawn or is luck the reason the people they know were born on those dates?

Page 305 of 353