Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 110 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
San Fran
United States
Member #150212
December 17, 2013
97 Posts
Posted: May 7, 2014, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

Bye bye Diamond.  With less than 50% of GPs claimed, we never got a chance to know you.

Slim pickings for June as far as new scratchers.  A $1, $3, & $5 game are the only ones coming out.

cakittery June Scratcher games

Thanks for the link.  I like to see what the new tickets are going to look like. 

Whoever is in charge of picking color schemes at CAlottery needs to find a new job.  That person must of come from the Circus or something.  Some of the ugliest tickets have been released these last few months. 

Also, Strange that they haven’t selected the Fortune 1mil 2nd chance drawing yet.  Wonder why it’s taking so long.  Today is the deadline. 

LA CA
    United States
    Member #118691
    November 6, 2011
    416 Posts
    Posted: May 7, 2014, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

On the 2nd chance draws & prizes page, it now has a code submission deadline of 8/19/2014.  It's also found on the scratchers page after using the "Games ending soon" filter.

I have been chasing this puppy at a local gas station. Not sure if I have to keep buying. They were on 016 on the roll sold last night plus the serial number seems old ...you think I should keep buying till it hits the last one?

green sandals's avatar - bxvg
      Costa Mesa
      United States
      Member #150634
      December 27, 2013
      157 Posts
      Posted: May 7, 2014, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

I have been chasing this puppy at a local gas station. Not sure if I have to keep buying. They were on 016 on the roll sold last night plus the serial number seems old ...you think I should keep buying till it hits the last one?

If it helps, highest ticket pack # I've seen for Diamond is 256096.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
        Los Angeles, California
        United States
        Member #149492
        December 2, 2013
        919 Posts
        Posted: May 7, 2014, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

I have a gut feeling that Diamond Millionaire won't pay out anymore top prizes.  As of today, DM top prizes won is on par with sales.  Given its slow sales, I don't think it can support another TP win.

dm

Below is a chart I created with $1M Fortune data I pulled from the CA Lottery website today.  I thought (for sure!  Confused) that game was going to release at least 1 more top prize win before ending, but it didn't and it was in a better position to do so than Diamond Millionaire.  I actually liked $1MF, but I hate to see top tier payout percentages out of whack in the house's favor like that.

pic

LA CA
          United States
          Member #118691
          November 6, 2011
          416 Posts
          Posted: May 7, 2014, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

If it helps, highest ticket pack # I've seen for Diamond is 256096.

The one I am chasing is in the 156*** range..

San Fran
            United States
            Member #150212
            December 17, 2013
            97 Posts
            Posted: May 7, 2014, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering: how many entries in the 2nd chance drawing does everyone have for the Fortune 762 game?  I was able to get in only 393...

United States
              Member #147165
              September 24, 2013
              507 Posts
              Posted: May 7, 2014, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

On the 2nd chance draws & prizes page, it now has a code submission deadline of 8/19/2014.  It's also found on the scratchers page after using the "Games ending soon" filter.

Also would want to add after the end of game date, it is usually a 2 month timeframe where players can enter non-winning codes for the top prize drawing, so it makes sense the game will end in mid June given the mid August submission deadline.

Like mrcraft, I am surprised with the End of Game Selection, I figured 20X Crossword and Lucky "For" Life would be the next ones to end but I guess they will be part of the August end of game draw.

1 top prize remaining for both $10 20x Xword and LFL. I read on the forums here that if all the Top Prizes get claimed, the game is pulled from shelves and the game ends immediately. Not sure if it applies to California Lottery if and when it ever happens.

I stated I do not mind if any scratcher game ends early, since 2nd Chance probably gives you the best chance (even with astronomical odds) at the top prize.

United States
                Member #147165
                September 24, 2013
                507 Posts
                Posted: May 7, 2014, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

The one I am chasing is in the 156*** range..

If it helps mathematically.

With 50 tickets in a pack and with the Top Prize being 1 in 1.2 million, there is 1 Top Prize in every 24,000 packs.

If the CALottery is able to control the distribution of top prizes (no definitive proof) theorethically

Top Prize 1 in Ticket Nos

100000 - 123999

Top Prize 2 in Ticket Nos

124000 - 147999

Top Prize 3 in Ticket Nos

148000 - 171999

Top Prize 4 in Ticket Nos

172000 - 195999

Top Prize 5 in Ticket Nos

196000 - 215999

Top Prize 6 in Ticket Nos

216000 - 239999

Top Prize 7 in Ticket Nos

240000 - 263999

Top Prize 8 in Ticket Nos

264000 - 287999

Probably for newer top prize winners, might have to look for tickets with a 3 digit in the front.

United States
                  Member #147165
                  September 24, 2013
                  507 Posts
                  Posted: May 7, 2014, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering: how many entries in the 2nd chance drawing does everyone have for the Fortune 762 game?  I was able to get in only 393...

I put in 503

Winner just posted. Someone from Santa Clarita got it

4847997 Total Entries

Bummer, I put in so much into this game. This was going to be the last game I will ever go big on replay on. Gave myself better than 1 in 10,000 chances to win.

LA CA
                    United States
                    Member #118691
                    November 6, 2011
                    416 Posts
                    Posted: May 7, 2014, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

I put in 503

4847997 Total Entries

Bummer, I put in so much into this game. This was going to be the last game I will ever go big on replay on. Gave myself better than 1 in 10,000 chances to win.

Ouch. I am in Stevenson Ranch ..so close to Santa Clarita :-( In fact I am in the SC Valley..

San Fran
                      United States
                      Member #150212
                      December 17, 2013
                      97 Posts
                      Posted: May 7, 2014, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

I put in 503

4847997 Total Entries

I knew it was going to have a lot of entries because this game was around when the Lotto didnt put a cap on the amount of entries per month. I was really hoping they would of ended the LFL $10 game sooner rather than later.  I have almost 3k entries.  But im sure that game will have a lot of entries as well.

United States
                        Member #147165
                        September 24, 2013
                        507 Posts
                        Posted: May 7, 2014, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

I knew it was going to have a lot of entries because this game was around when the Lotto didnt put a cap on the amount of entries per month. I was really hoping they would of ended the LFL $10 game sooner rather than later.  I have almost 3k entries.  But im sure that game will have a lot of entries as well.

True with everything you said. The game has been out for a very long time since July 2012 and also there were just 2 $10 games available at the time (the other being the Orange $250Million Spectacular). They had a separate drawing for the game in its debut, and there were 700k entries for it. The Lottery put the cap I believe near the end of October 2012.

Both this game and LFL has 30 million tickets in print. With 3000 entries, you will give youself better than 1 in 2500 odds. But it will be the highest number of entries due to its top prize value.

Diamond Millionaire had 21.6 million and only half are sold for its end of game, that is the reason I do not mind having bunch of games end early, close to 2 years for 1MF.

Costa Mesa
                          United States
                          Member #150634
                          December 27, 2013
                          157 Posts
                          Posted: May 7, 2014, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

If it helps mathematically.

With 50 tickets in a pack and with the Top Prize being 1 in 1.2 million, there is 1 Top Prize in every 24,000 packs.

If the CALottery is able to control the distribution of top prizes (no definitive proof) theorethically

Top Prize 1 in Ticket Nos

100000 - 123999

Top Prize 2 in Ticket Nos

124000 - 147999

Top Prize 3 in Ticket Nos

148000 - 171999

Top Prize 4 in Ticket Nos

172000 - 195999

Top Prize 5 in Ticket Nos

196000 - 215999

Top Prize 6 in Ticket Nos

216000 - 239999

Top Prize 7 in Ticket Nos

240000 - 263999

Top Prize 8 in Ticket Nos

264000 - 287999

Probably for newer top prize winners, might have to look for tickets with a 3 digit in the front.

Anyone know if pack and ticket #s for tier 1 prizes is available from CAlottery?  I recently got a data list from CAlottery for tier 1 winners (500 & over) from Nov 2013 to April 2014 & info provided was basically game, prize amount, date, & location.

United States
                            Member #147165
                            September 24, 2013
                            507 Posts
                            Posted: May 7, 2014, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

Anyone know if pack and ticket #s for tier 1 prizes is available from CAlottery?  I recently got a data list from CAlottery for tier 1 winners (500 & over) from Nov 2013 to April 2014 & info provided was basically game, prize amount, date, & location.

I do not know, I would like to know myself too. I suspect that if they release that information, I think it will hurt their sales more than anything.

Noticed you got Premium Membership, awesome!

Going to play draw games with wheels or prediction systems?

Costa Mesa
                              United States
                              Member #150634
                              December 27, 2013
                              157 Posts
                              Posted: May 7, 2014, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

I do not know, I would like to know myself too. I suspect that if they release that information, I think it will hurt their sales more than anything.

Noticed you got Premium Membership, awesome!

Going to play draw games with wheels or prediction systems?

Information might be considered public.  If nobody knows here, I'll send an email to CAlottery & find out.  Takes about 3 weeks to get a response, unfortunately.

Yup, gonna look @ those wheels.

Page 110 of 182