Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 113 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
Los Angeles, California
United States
Member #149492
December 2, 2013
919 Posts
Posted: May 13, 2014, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

Next month's Scratchers will be Wheel of Fortune based with a special 2nd chance drawing.

The standard number matching

$2 - $20K

$5 - $100K

$10 - $1M

I wonder if the 2nd chance for this game will similar to Massachusetts's Wheel of Fortune 2nd chance which included a trip to Hollywood for 4 and a chance to spin the wheel for $1 million. 

https://www.masslotteryplayersclub.com/scbz/wheeloffortune/prizes.php 

green sandals's avatar - bxvg
    Costa Mesa
    United States
    Member #150634
    December 27, 2013
    157 Posts
    Posted: May 13, 2014, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Bought 2 5MJP today.  40 in 0 out.  However, the pack # was 1952777.  That's really high, based on my estimates, pack #'s sold should be @ 1602839.

LA CA
      United States
      Member #118691
      November 6, 2011
      416 Posts
      Posted: May 13, 2014, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

I went to my regular gas station to pick my Diamond and it was all gone. I picked 023 yesterday so it had more than half of it left. It looks like store owners were asked to pull it off shelf. Can someone confirm? I tried asking him but he spoke little English and did not understand a word. So I picked  up a $5M scratcher for $20..I got the last one 029 and haven't scratched it yet....wish me luck..

Costa Mesa
        United States
        Member #150634
        December 27, 2013
        157 Posts
        Posted: May 13, 2014, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

I went to my regular gas station to pick my Diamond and it was all gone. I picked 023 yesterday so it had more than half of it left. It looks like store owners were asked to pull it off shelf. Can someone confirm? I tried asking him but he spoke little English and did not understand a word. So I picked  up a $5M scratcher for $20..I got the last one 029 and haven't scratched it yet....wish me luck..

I remember when 1,000,000 Fortune was getting close to the end.  One store owner I spoke with told me CALottery had asked them to pull it.

coolac5's avatar - 1 Million-Fortune_event_page.jpg
          Oakland, CA
          United States
          Member #138260
          January 23, 2013
          42 Posts
          Posted: May 14, 2014, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

good luck mn....i know that CA Lottery has a specific day assigned every other week (per literature)  that the retailer can reorder // most likely swap out rolls -  you probably visited after that occurred...or perhaps the lotto rep stopped into the gas station.....  Lots of winners coming from the LA basin...good luck all!!!

Seaside, CA
            United States
            Member #155292
            May 14, 2014
            1 Posts
            Posted: May 14, 2014, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

Good Morning!  I just signed up as a member so yes I am new and here is my first question...What I would like to know is what's going on with most of the winners coming from Southern California?  Seems to me that winners are few and far between up here in Northern California in particular the Central Coast (Monterey/Salinas/Santa Cruz, etc.)

United States
              Member #147165
              September 24, 2013
              507 Posts
              Posted: May 14, 2014, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

Good Morning!  I just signed up as a member so yes I am new and here is my first question...What I would like to know is what's going on with most of the winners coming from Southern California?  Seems to me that winners are few and far between up here in Northern California in particular the Central Coast (Monterey/Salinas/Santa Cruz, etc.)

Welcome deano61 to this thread and good luck with your scratchers play!

I suppose it is the case since 2/3 of the California population is in the Southern section of the state, but yes only 1 or 2 top prizes for each scratcher game has been reported in Northern California

Northern California seems to produce the big jackpot draw game winners. San Jose, Milpitas, etc. Fresno (more like Central).

With scratchers, the key is mostly being at the right place at the right time to buy the winning ticket. Draw games you could buy anywhere and have equal chance of winning.

Oakland, CA
                United States
                Member #138260
                January 23, 2013
                42 Posts
                Posted: May 14, 2014, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

stopped by my local donut shop that keeps a roll of Diamond Millionaire - they opened up a fresh pack #303369 -- I had purchased #15 last Thursday, and was slowly whittling down the pack #160***.  Surprised to get #49 today, on this fresh pack - but will continue to hunt and peck and see what I can uncover :)

south el monte
                  United States
                  Member #154982
                  May 4, 2014
                  65 Posts
                  Posted: May 15, 2014, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

new here.
                  I had good luck with the california blacks beginning of this year but on a massive losing streak past month and a half. 

won 1000
                  won 100 18 times 
                  lot of lowers 

between jan - march. 

past week

14 blacks

1 10 $

13 duds. bought 8 in a row from the same place,one was the ten dollar winner.Past few weeks before that have been similar.

Question i have.  why are pack numbers or ticket numbers relevent. I see many posters posting ticket numbers.

United States
                    Member #147165
                    September 24, 2013
                    507 Posts
                    Posted: May 15, 2014, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

new here.
                    I had good luck with the california blacks beginning of this year but on a massive losing streak past month and a half. 

won 1000
                    won 100 18 times 
                    lot of lowers 

between jan - march. 

past week

14 blacks

1 10 $

13 duds. bought 8 in a row from the same place,one was the ten dollar winner.Past few weeks before that have been similar.

Question i have.  why are pack numbers or ticket numbers relevent. I see many posters posting ticket numbers.

Welcome to this thread glisit3000 and hope your luck turns around soon! Lots of new players lately, not sure how it leads up here.

To answer your question based on personal opinion (others may vary), I wanted to see the trend in which top prizes are placed in the tickets. I have not had enough to gauge from, but if I knew certain ticket numbers have the highest prizes, I would pounce on them. In my personal experience, the very last ticket in the roll with a solid black square is mainly a loser or a small prize. Never heard of a major prize won from the second to last or the last ticket.

Costa Mesa
                      United States
                      Member #150634
                      December 27, 2013
                      157 Posts
                      Posted: May 15, 2014, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

new here.

won 1000
                      won 100 18 times 
                      lot of lowers 

between jan - march. 

past week

14 blacks

1 10 $

Some of us feel certain tkt #s may be luckier than others.  Most of the big Ws (greater or equal to 100) I have had were from tickets @ 31 or lower, altho I have seen 100 Ws in the 40s.  As I'm using an extremely small sample, it doesn't have any definite validity.

With pack #s, posters have suggested that for determining GP distribution, you can divide the # of tkts printed by the # of GP winners & then divide by the number of tkts in a deck to determine the pack # range for each GP, assuming an even distribution.  It's a theory that seemed logical to me, although I was not the person who first suggested it here.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                        Los Angeles, California
                        United States
                        Member #149492
                        December 2, 2013
                        919 Posts
                        Posted: May 15, 2014, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

My personal belief (though no definitive proof) is that the lottery distributes larger prizes by batches.  I also think they scramble the pack IDs a bit, in that they're not completely sequential because that would be too easy for us to figure out, especially if pack #'s are released as part of public records requests.  I don't know if the CA Lottery releases pack #'s for top prize winners because I never asked.  Jon might know if pack #'s are considered public information.

oakland
                          United States
                          Member #155341
                          May 15, 2014
                          1 Posts
                          Posted: May 15, 2014, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

I'm new to this site. I've been following for awhile, but just recently registered. I purchased a 5MJ from the store I usually buy my tickets from and won $100.

south el monte
                            United States
                            Member #154982
                            May 4, 2014
                            65 Posts
                            Posted: May 15, 2014, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

ok i get it .Thanks.. never paid attention to those #s before . 

nice .never have good luck on the 20$ tickets.

Oakland, CA
                              United States
                              Member #138260
                              January 23, 2013
                              42 Posts
                              Posted: May 16, 2014, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

Diamond Millionaire roll I mentioned earlier:

so #49 was a TICKET number match

#47 was a 0.

#44 was a $100 hit via 100 spot match.

Someone else bought #48; #46 & #45 I suspect were bought at the same time.  I question, is the roll tapped out?  It is going backwards. Curious to see what #43 gets.

Page 113 of 182