Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 135 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
lottoguysocal's avatar - atlantis dubai_1118783i.jpg
camarillo, ca
United States
Member #132476
September 4, 2012
144 Posts
Posted: July 14, 2014, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

Ive been having success with the bonus crossword, hit 2 $40 and 1 $20 ticket.  I'm on the hunt for the 750K ticket lol

Pasadena, CA
    United States
    Member #153326
    March 13, 2014
    186 Posts
    Posted: July 15, 2014, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

Ive been having success with the bonus crossword, hit 2 $40 and 1 $20 ticket.  I'm on the hunt for the 750K ticket lol

Horrible luck on these; never won more than $40 and had a string of seven straight losers before a freaking ticket winner. The 20X Crossword, on the other hand, I have had enormous success on, winning on the first seven tickets I bought--not sequential--with a few $75, $100 and $200 wins sprinkled in. 

Regarding the $750k, who isn't? The 20X had that last top prize claimed over a month ago, but it's still being sold.

camarillo, ca
      United States
      Member #132476
      September 4, 2012
      144 Posts
      Posted: July 15, 2014, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

Got back to back winners yesterday, 75 and a free ticket...didn't play the 20x crossword but the bonus game has been pretty good, going to pick up some more shortly, hopefully the luck continues, I've had 3 bad ones as well so I haven't cashed on all of them

Santa Barbara
        United States
        Member #154772
        April 28, 2014
        95 Posts
        Posted: July 15, 2014, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

After going a month with no significant wins picked up $100 winner today in California Black. Black and the Gold have paid off the most for me. The Bonus Crosswords have been 90 percent losers. Not going to touch the $10 WOF of LFL. Odds of the jackpot scratch ticket being in my town makes 5 out 5 in Powerball more attractive. With Powerball at least I know the true odds.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
          Los Angeles, California
          United States
          Member #149492
          December 2, 2013
          919 Posts
          Posted: July 15, 2014, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

After going a month with no significant wins picked up $100 winner today in California Black. Black and the Gold have paid off the most for me. The Bonus Crosswords have been 90 percent losers. Not going to touch the $10 WOF of LFL. Odds of the jackpot scratch ticket being in my town makes 5 out 5 in Powerball more attractive. With Powerball at least I know the true odds.

I didn't think about it that way but you're right with draw games.  You know the true odds, although minuscule.

With LL games or even with other high denomination games, there are days when there are no TP prizes in circulation, so the true odds would be zero on those days.

United States
            Member #147165
            September 24, 2013
            507 Posts
            Posted: July 16, 2014, 2:44 am - IP Logged

Sometimes the top prizes are buried in towns with less population or visitors. Either they are claimed or will never be scrtached when the game expires.

http://www.calottery.com/win/winner%20stories/georgia-merkler

Happy Camp, a town with a population of about 1200.

The 2 Quick Pick Powerball and 2 Quick Pick SuperLotto Plus for $5 is on. The 2nd Chance code for SLP will still give you 2 entries even though it says the ticket cost was $1 to reflect the discount.

The Million $$ Match comes out next week, we will see how that goes.

United States
              Member #154794
              April 29, 2014
              60 Posts
              Posted: July 16, 2014, 9:07 am - IP Logged

I didn't think about it that way but you're right with draw games.  You know the true odds, although minuscule.

With LL games or even with other high denomination games, there are days when there are no TP prizes in circulation, so the true odds would be zero on those days.

I was talking with a group of friends. I was thinking like you that the TP prizes aren't in circulation and it's a waste to play. My friend says that would be false advertising so to speak. They are claiming the prizes are in circulation by posting they are available. Who knows

Does anyone know how a retailer comes a Luck Retailer?

California
                United States
                Member #156715
                June 27, 2014
                33 Posts
                Posted: July 16, 2014, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

I was talking with a group of friends. I was thinking like you that the TP prizes aren't in circulation and it's a waste to play. My friend says that would be false advertising so to speak. They are claiming the prizes are in circulation by posting they are available. Who knows

Does anyone know how a retailer comes a Luck Retailer?

Yeah, if you want to be sure you're in with a chance at the jackpot, you have to play draw games. But you never really know where the winning scratcher is, do you? That's all part of the fun, right?

The website still says a Lucky Retailer has sold two or more tickets worth a million dollars or more, and the July RPP just says "more ways to qualify". I guess they'll announce something in the August RPP?

United States
                  Member #147165
                  September 24, 2013
                  507 Posts
                  Posted: July 16, 2014, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, if you want to be sure you're in with a chance at the jackpot, you have to play draw games. But you never really know where the winning scratcher is, do you? That's all part of the fun, right?

The website still says a Lucky Retailer has sold two or more tickets worth a million dollars or more, and the July RPP just says "more ways to qualify". I guess they'll announce something in the August RPP?

In August, they will change the Lucky Retailer requirements that will include retailers that has sold at least ONE winner worth $100k, a big difference. It would be hard to crack the list if it requires two or more $1 million winners like the current system has it. This change is done in mind as a website improvement feature.

Not all retailers can be like BlueBird Liquor.

Texas
                    United States
                    Member #154148
                    April 5, 2014
                    91 Posts
                    Posted: July 16, 2014, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

I've always received the cash value on ticket prizes as they recognize me already.  I know my local Safeway or Vons in So Cal always give the cash value as they only sell via a vending machine.  At the store I visit, there is a lady that plays about 1200-1500 per week and plays everything.  This past week, she hit 5/5 with the bulls eye on the hot spot for $950.  Since she plays so much and the owners know her, she gets the $950 cash money.  I spent about $30 in scratchers the last 2 days and my return is $7.  It is pretty pathetic and just buy a winner.

Plays 1200-1500 per week?  That is about $75,000 a year.  If she quits now, a year from now she would have 75K in her pocket without having to spend a dime playing scratch off.  Sounds like a gambling problem, go to Vegas with that amount of money.

United States
                      Member #147165
                      September 24, 2013
                      507 Posts
                      Posted: July 16, 2014, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

Plays 1200-1500 per week?  That is about $75,000 a year.  If she quits now, a year from now she would have 75K in her pocket without having to spend a dime playing scratch off.  Sounds like a gambling problem, go to Vegas with that amount of money.

The $75,000 a year loss is based on the assumption that the lady would lose every single play possible. That is hard to do even if she went all out Powerball.

Probably the return is 33 to 55% so she gets back about $25000 to $40000 from play, but losing about $30,000 a year is still a lot to me.

Santa Barbara
                        United States
                        Member #154772
                        April 28, 2014
                        95 Posts
                        Posted: July 16, 2014, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

If the Top Prize isn't even in my California town, buying a scratch ticket is like rolling a die wishing for a 6 but there is no 6 on the die. The odds of rolling a 6 on a die is 1/6, without the 6 the odds are 0.  You don't get true odds with scratchers.

camarillo, ca
                          United States
                          Member #132476
                          September 4, 2012
                          144 Posts
                          Posted: July 16, 2014, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Got 6 more bonus yesterday with the 75 won, lost 3 and won 3, 20, 20, 10, bought 5 more

camarillo, ca
                            United States
                            Member #132476
                            September 4, 2012
                            144 Posts
                            Posted: July 16, 2014, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Out of the 5 I got, 3 won and 2 lost, 40, free ticket, free ticket

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                              Los Angeles, California
                              United States
                              Member #149492
                              December 2, 2013
                              919 Posts
                              Posted: July 16, 2014, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

This lottery retailer near my work is really starting to annoy me.  Yesterday, I took a $20 Scratcher winner, and I just wanted cash, and he (owner) kept pushing why I didn't want to buy some tickets instead.  Well, because I don't!  I didn't really think much of it until today, I had a Fantasy 5 3of5 winner for $13.  I went to cash that and get one Powerball ticket.  The same guy without asking me prints a Fantasy 5 ticket on his own after printing my Powerball ticket and says, here you take this Fantasy 5, I feel lucky for you.  I'm like WTF!  I just wanted one Powerball and $11 back.

Anyone have similar experiences where the clerk or owner pushes lottery sales on you without asking first.

Page 135 of 182