Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 137 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
Pasadena, CA
United States
Member #153326
March 13, 2014
186 Posts
Posted: July 22, 2014, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

I would say most of the time I lose on the first ticket 000, like more than 80% of the time.

A good amount of times I win a small prize (e.g. $15 or $20 on a $10 ticket, or $10 or $15 on a $5 ticket) on the last ticket of the roll.

I would think we see less significant wins from either end because if someone finds out about a big win, the rest of the roll is hard to sell off. CatScratch recently posted a $1000 win from the $5 7's game on the last ticket #79.

Always tempted to buy 000, no matter what ticket. Two left on the roll of the 5MJP, 001 for $20 and 000 was a dud. Ordinarily, I would never play that ticket, but there's something about the first--or last--ticket on the roll.

Bay Area, CA
    United States
    Member #155944
    June 3, 2014
    23 Posts
    Posted: July 22, 2014, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

A convenience store near my house sold a $1000 winner on $10 Bonus Crossword ticket #000 a few months ago. The owner is honest and told people that it already had a big winner. Needless to say it took weeks if not a month to sell off the rest if that roll.

California
      United States
      Member #156715
      June 27, 2014
      33 Posts
      Posted: July 22, 2014, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

Always tempted to buy 000, no matter what ticket. Two left on the roll of the 5MJP, 001 for $20 and 000 was a dud. Ordinarily, I would never play that ticket, but there's something about the first--or last--ticket on the roll.

I'm the same way, not about the first ticket necessarily but I'll always buy the last. Lots of little wins there, $5 or $10.

New tickets tomorrow. I wonder if they're going to have a promo for the new $20, I won't be entering any codes just yet.

LA CA
        United States
        Member #118691
        November 6, 2011
        416 Posts
        Posted: July 23, 2014, 2:53 am - IP Logged

How often have you all seen winners from the first ticket or the last ticket on a roll?  I always cringe when I get the #000 ticket or the #49 because I think in my mind that there is no way a big winner will be on the first or last ticket for some reason.  Probably because most of the time it works out that way on my end.  I have won $100 on the last ticket before but never anything of note on the first number.

Last year some lady won Jackpot of $1 million on the last ticket on a $250 million spectacular ticket.

United States
          Member #147165
          September 24, 2013
          507 Posts
          Posted: July 23, 2014, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

New $20 Ticket not up on the webpage this morning, anyone get their hands on them yet?

Pasadena, CA
            United States
            Member #153326
            March 13, 2014
            186 Posts
            Posted: July 23, 2014, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

New $20 Ticket not up on the webpage this morning, anyone get their hands on them yet?

It's up now--ANOTHER ticket stacked with free ticket and $20 break-even prizes. More lower-tier prizes, but the former really ticks me off. Think I might buy just one or hold off.

United States
              Member #147165
              September 24, 2013
              507 Posts
              Posted: July 23, 2014, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

It's up now--ANOTHER ticket stacked with free ticket and $20 break-even prizes. More lower-tier prizes, but the former really ticks me off. Think I might buy just one or hold off.

I see it now

24 Million Tickets printed, 8 $1M 4 $2M 4 $5M przies, will be 1 in 1.5 Million odds to win a $1M+ prize.

They made it more like a $10 game. I'd rather play this than WoF.

United States
                Member #157108
                July 8, 2014
                16 Posts
                Posted: July 23, 2014, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

I get very nervous around $20 scratchers.  I try not to get myself started.  It is a lot of money to play but when you are in the zone say to speak, all logic goes out the window.

Pasadena, CA
                  United States
                  Member #153326
                  March 13, 2014
                  186 Posts
                  Posted: July 23, 2014, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

I get very nervous around $20 scratchers.  I try not to get myself started.  It is a lot of money to play but when you are in the zone say to speak, all logic goes out the window.

I hear you, Jerry. Every time I scratch one--which is very seldom--my heart starts pounding and I get butterflies in my stomach.

Santa Barbara
                    United States
                    Member #154772
                    April 28, 2014
                    95 Posts
                    Posted: July 23, 2014, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

I see it now

24 Million Tickets printed, 8 $1M 4 $2M 4 $5M przies, will be 1 in 1.5 Million odds to win a $1M+ prize.

They made it more like a $10 game. I'd rather play this than WoF.

I saw them today. The 5 out of 5 Powerball odds are true and better so I passed. Maybe when I'm in LA County or the Bay Area I'll give it a try.

California
                      United States
                      Member #147209
                      September 25, 2013
                      90 Posts
                      Posted: July 24, 2014, 12:49 am - IP Logged

I got some of the new $20 Game today.  It's a fun game.  Won $25, ticket and $40 out of 4 tickets so not a bad day.  Also picked up a Lucky for Life $10 $100 money bag winner ##026. 

My wins come in bunches usually so hopefully the $100 winner is the first of a couple.

United States
                        Member #147165
                        September 24, 2013
                        507 Posts
                        Posted: July 24, 2014, 1:52 am - IP Logged

I saw them today. The 5 out of 5 Powerball odds are true and better so I passed. Maybe when I'm in LA County or the Bay Area I'll give it a try.

The numbers drawn for Powerball tonight were all low to be in Fantasy 5 range, still nobody won. I thought for sure it was going to get claimed but still growing at $6.4million for 5/5 PB.

The pari-mutuel prizes were awful tonight.

2+PB gets $5 instead of $7

3 w/o PB gets $4 instead of $7

3 + PB gets $61 instead of $100

4 w/o PB gets $44 instead of $100

4 + PB gets $4100 instead of $10000

But no state will pay anywhere near $6.4 Million for 5/5 even with 2X multiplier.

I am buying the SLP+PB Quick Pick Combos recently until this mini jackpot lasts.

Santa Barbara
                          United States
                          Member #154772
                          April 28, 2014
                          95 Posts
                          Posted: July 24, 2014, 4:28 am - IP Logged

The numbers drawn for Powerball tonight were all low to be in Fantasy 5 range, still nobody won. I thought for sure it was going to get claimed but still growing at $6.4million for 5/5 PB.

The pari-mutuel prizes were awful tonight.

2+PB gets $5 instead of $7

3 w/o PB gets $4 instead of $7

3 + PB gets $61 instead of $100

4 w/o PB gets $44 instead of $100

4 + PB gets $4100 instead of $10000

But no state will pay anywhere near $6.4 Million for 5/5 even with 2X multiplier.

I am buying the SLP+PB Quick Pick Combos recently until this mini jackpot lasts.

It's just simple math for me. It cost $2 for a chance at $6.4M with better odds in the PB game vs. a $20 scratcher with a jackpot ticket probably not even in my town.

United States
                            Member #147165
                            September 24, 2013
                            507 Posts
                            Posted: July 24, 2014, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

I will not disagree on that buying that 10 (ten) PB to win that jackpot will be at better odds about 1 in 515,000 compared to 1 in 6 million for the new $20 game, but at least for the scratcher you have a better shot at winning that $20 investment back. I've bought 10 PB Quick PIcks for the last 5 drawings, only 1 Powerball number match for $3 out of the 50 plays.

I do not expect to find a jackpot ticket either, just going to give myself a slight chance with the 2nd chance replay.

Santa Barbara
                              United States
                              Member #154772
                              April 28, 2014
                              95 Posts
                              Posted: July 24, 2014, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

I will not disagree on that buying that 10 (ten) PB to win that jackpot will be at better odds about 1 in 515,000 compared to 1 in 6 million for the new $20 game, but at least for the scratcher you have a better shot at winning that $20 investment back. I've bought 10 PB Quick PIcks for the last 5 drawings, only 1 Powerball number match for $3 out of the 50 plays.

I do not expect to find a jackpot ticket either, just going to give myself a slight chance with the 2nd chance replay.

Since the Lottery is limiting the 2nd Chance entries to 1000 per month, Dumpster Diving is the smartest way to play the 2nd Chance replay. I think the 2nd Chance limit should be much less than a 1000 entries per month. I mean come on, if you're not DD even on the cheap end that's a 1000 dollars per month. That's wasting a lot of cash or a lot of Dumpster Diving.

Page 137 of 182