Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 139 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
Los Angeles, California
United States
Member #149492
December 2, 2013
919 Posts
Posted: July 25, 2014, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

I just saw that ticket from the Georgia thread. I think GTECH produced this game for California, Pennsylvania, and Georgoa. The state lottery pays about 1% of the revenue to GTECH produce the games. There is virtually not much left to pay to the players thereafter.

The extended play games like crossword and bingo are printed in Canada.  On the back you'll see "Made in Canada."  They're produced by Pollard Banknote of Winnipeg, Manitoba.

That's why I'm surprised with our lack of variety.  I believe all we (CALottery) do is pick games developed by various vendors.  Other states seem to have interesting games, maybe CALottery is being too conservative and only picking games similar to ones released before.

United States
    Member #152660
    February 21, 2014
    19 Posts
    Posted: July 26, 2014, 2:23 am - IP Logged

hey guys recently came back from a scratch off hiatus due to the $5 million jackpot cleaning me out.

Decided to try out the new $20 dollar game (000) and won a ticket back.

The following day, I cashed it in at a different store and got ticket #007 and won 50 off the fast spot.

These ones don't seem too bad due to the prize increments, rather than the terrible $5 million jackpot ticket.

Good luck to all and please share your results !

California
      United States
      Member #156715
      June 27, 2014
      33 Posts
      Posted: July 26, 2014, 10:33 am - IP Logged

*turns over a 3x crossword*

By jingo you're right! Boycott extended play scratchers! How dare those Canadians swindle me out of my lottery dollars, only Americans should do that! ... Razz

Seriously though, it puts me in mind of that Mohan Srivastava story from 2011 that keeps popping up, wasn't it Canadian scratchers he cracked? I wonder if any California scratchers are beatable... lots of numbers gives you more data to work with than words, so the Bingo or the Lucky Stars... even if they are I'd have to find a retailer willing to go along with it, take back all the tickets I think are losers. If the retailer was firm in his notion that scratchers aren't beatable, that might not even be unethical.

Pasadena, CA
        United States
        Member #153326
        March 13, 2014
        186 Posts
        Posted: July 26, 2014, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

hey guys recently came back from a scratch off hiatus due to the $5 million jackpot cleaning me out.

Decided to try out the new $20 dollar game (000) and won a ticket back.

The following day, I cashed it in at a different store and got ticket #007 and won 50 off the fast spot.

These ones don't seem too bad due to the prize increments, rather than the terrible $5 million jackpot ticket.

Good luck to all and please share your results !

Liking the new $20 ticket already. Bought one each at two separate stores Friday and won $30 and $100. 5MJP has been out ten months and despite spending well over $1,000 cumulatively on that ticket, I still have yet to win over $50. Go figure. Prize structure on Million $$ Match is much better.

United States
          Member #152660
          February 21, 2014
          19 Posts
          Posted: July 28, 2014, 1:26 am - IP Logged

Wow guys so I went out today and bought from the same roll that I won the $50 from and this time got ticket #12 from the same roll and won $100!!

love this new ticket! So far ticket,50, 100 . 3/3 !

Good luck!!

Pasadena, CA
            United States
            Member #153326
            March 13, 2014
            186 Posts
            Posted: July 28, 2014, 3:28 am - IP Logged

Wow guys so I went out today and bought from the same roll that I won the $50 from and this time got ticket #12 from the same roll and won $100!!

love this new ticket! So far ticket,50, 100 . 3/3 !

Good luck!!

I hear you. Bought ticket 000 of the Million $$ Match--first one out of the pack--and won $30; first $3 Tripling Crossword out of the pack--000--and won $10. Happy with the new $20 tickets. Have won $30 twice and $100. Some stores have already pulled 5MJP, apparently.

United States
              Member #157108
              July 8, 2014
              16 Posts
              Posted: July 28, 2014, 4:21 am - IP Logged

One week without playing a single dollar on scratchers.  This is a milestone for me.  lol

Santa Barbara
                United States
                Member #154772
                April 28, 2014
                95 Posts
                Posted: July 28, 2014, 11:03 am - IP Logged

Took 10 dollars won in the Saturday Super Lotto Plus game and won over 100 dollars on scratchers yesterday.  $5 High Roller Poker won $50, two $2 Karat Cash won $40, one $5 20X The Money won $15

California
                  United States
                  Member #147209
                  September 25, 2013
                  90 Posts
                  Posted: July 28, 2014, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

Seems like it has been awhile since big top prizes have been awarded on a lot of games.  Maybe a stream of them will start popping out.

California
                    United States
                    Member #147209
                    September 25, 2013
                    90 Posts
                    Posted: July 30, 2014, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

Wow!  As soon as I say no top prizes in awhile, someone already has won the $5 million on the new $20 game.  Bummer because it could be awhile before we see another. 

I am shocked that no TP for the new $10 LFL has been won yet.  That game looks like it may be another dog in the WOF and Black category.

United States
                      Member #147165
                      September 24, 2013
                      507 Posts
                      Posted: July 30, 2014, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Wow!  As soon as I say no top prizes in awhile, someone already has won the $5 million on the new $20 game.  Bummer because it could be awhile before we see another. 

I am shocked that no TP for the new $10 LFL has been won yet.  That game looks like it may be another dog in the WOF and Black category.

That was real quick, only been a week. Reminds me of the first $5 Set for Life game where the top prize was taken so quick.

Still $2 million and $1 million are nothing to sneeze at even after the big prize went down.

Pasadena, CA
                        United States
                        Member #153326
                        March 13, 2014
                        186 Posts
                        Posted: July 30, 2014, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

That was real quick, only been a week. Reminds me of the first $5 Set for Life game where the top prize was taken so quick.

Still $2 million and $1 million are nothing to sneeze at even after the big prize went down.

Love the new $20 ticket. Bought three and have won $30 twice and $100; 5MJP can suck it. $10 Lucky Life is surprising; that ticket went on sale at the end of April and still nothing? Is it a dog in sales like you said or simply the low number of TP tickets available?

Bay Area, CA
                          United States
                          Member #155944
                          June 3, 2014
                          23 Posts
                          Posted: July 30, 2014, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

I haven't had any luck with the new $20 tickets myself. I've bought 20ish tickets and have only won $50 and $30 and two tickets.

The owner of a store I frequent said he had seen really good rolls and really bad rolls. Good rolls have plenty of $50, $100, and even $250 winners and bad rolls have lots of $50 and less prizes. But this is probably just a generalization of what he has seen so far. 

I've mostly been playing $10 LL and tickets lately seem to have become very bad. I used to get $50 and $100 often but now I pray for $15 or $20 wins. I really do hope the $10 LL gets claimed soon...I told myself I'll play until the first TP is taken and then I will stick with $5 or lower games.

LA CA
                            United States
                            Member #118691
                            November 6, 2011
                            416 Posts
                            Posted: July 31, 2014, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

Been over 2 months since I bought a scratcher and I feel good...But I am tempted with the new $20 one which has millions in the second / third prize range..

Santa Barbara
                              United States
                              Member #154772
                              April 28, 2014
                              95 Posts
                              Posted: July 31, 2014, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Bought in Reedley by a clerk that works at the store.

Page 139 of 182