Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 144 of 182
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #147165
September 24, 2013
507 Posts
Posted: September 5, 2014, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

Went out to get some Fantasic 5 tickets, but the retailer sold out on those, so ended up getting 5 of the Million $$ Match last night 5-9, got just 1 TICKET on #5

Bought 3 more this morning from the same store, no one bought any since so #10-12, all three losers. seven straight losers set my record for $20 tiers.

Probably will take a break for a few weeks now.

United States
    Member #158298
    August 18, 2014
    14 Posts
    Posted: September 6, 2014, 12:27 am - IP Logged

I just bought 8 of the 2$ Lucky for Life.  All of them duds.  NOT A SINGLE WINNER!

I think i will lay low and not buy scratchers for a while.

United States
      Member #158899
      September 6, 2014
      2 Posts
      Posted: September 6, 2014, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

Is it possible to get a free ticket prize with a multiplier? Bought Mega crossword and got a free ticket with a 3x multiplier! First time seeing this What?

Bought $40 in $5 tickets today. Promotion at local festival was buy $20 and get a free wheel spin for Piggybank $1 scratchers(minimum of 5 free tix, max 20) Lost 7 out of 8 tickets for the $5, with the above being my only winning.

Lost 2 on Wheel of Fortime, 1 on MegaCrossword, 2 on 20x Money, 2 on Triple7. 

For the piggybank ones, I lost 9 out of 11. The other two were free ticket prizes.

United States
        Member #158899
        September 6, 2014
        2 Posts
        Posted: September 7, 2014, 12:20 am - IP Logged

Is it possible to get a free ticket prize with a multiplier? Bought Mega crossword and got a free ticket with a 3x multiplier! First time seeing this What?

Bought $40 in $5 tickets today. Promotion at local festival was buy $20 and get a free wheel spin for Piggybank $1 scratchers(minimum of 5 free tix, max 20) Lost 7 out of 8 tickets for the $5, with the above being my only winning.

Lost 2 on Wheel of Fortime, 1 on MegaCrossword, 2 on 20x Money, 2 on Triple7. 

For the piggybank ones, I lost 9 out of 11. The other two were free ticket prizes.

Nevermind, figured it out! Just another losing ticket. Updated loss is now 8/8 =-(

Bay Area, California
          United States
          Member #154225
          April 8, 2014
          49 Posts
          Posted: September 7, 2014, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Bought two Fantastic 5s, won 1 ticket. I wish the more expensive tickets would have three games in one like this ticket.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
            Los Angeles, California
            United States
            Member #149492
            December 2, 2013
            919 Posts
            Posted: September 7, 2014, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

Bought two Fantastic 5s, won 1 ticket. I wish the more expensive tickets would have three games in one like this ticket.

I agree.

Bay Area, California
              United States
              Member #154225
              April 8, 2014
              49 Posts
              Posted: September 9, 2014, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

SAN BRUNO (CBS SF) — A San Bruno retiree has won $150,000 in a California Lottery Scratchers game and plans to save and invest the money, lottery officials said today.

Arturo Castillo, 68, bought the Fantasy 5’s Scratchers ticket on Saturday at Speedy Spot, a store located at 701 Jenevein Ave. in San Bruno,
              according to lottery officials.

United States
                Member #147165
                September 24, 2013
                507 Posts
                Posted: September 10, 2014, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

In addition to that, I noticed this morning another top prize for $10 WoF was taken off and a $2million prize for the Million $$ Match game. The sales is behind the top prizes pace so might be good to hold off on the $20 game.

Still no top prize winner for $10 LL.

Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
                  Member #158848
                  September 5, 2014
                  294 Posts
                  Posted: September 10, 2014, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

I just bought 8 of the 2$ Lucky for Life.  All of them duds.  NOT A SINGLE WINNER!

I think i will lay low and not buy scratchers for a while.

A better strategy would be to buy the $5 and higher cards. They have bigger prizes and a larger percentage of winners than the $3 and under cards.

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions

United States
                    Member #147165
                    September 24, 2013
                    507 Posts
                    Posted: September 10, 2014, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

A better strategy would be to buy the $5 and higher cards. They have bigger prizes and a larger percentage of winners than the $3 and under cards.

That is true

$2 games have a 62% payout with average 1 in 4.3 odds of winning

$5 games have a 68% payout with average 1 in 3.7 odds of winning

I've only won more than $50 on a $2 scratcher just one, that was when a game called Hit $200 was out with a top prize of $200. Other than that, a $50 win is very rare.

Santa Barbara
                      United States
                      Member #154772
                      April 28, 2014
                      95 Posts
                      Posted: September 12, 2014, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

I've been playing the $5 scratchers exclusively due to the current Power of 5 promotion.  My second chance entries are down 50% from what I normally accumulate when buying the $10 and $20 scratchers. Haven't won anything big other than a few $50 prizes a bunch of free tickets and $6 winners.  Yes the $6 wins are wins but they are lame wins.  I'd rather have the loser for the Power of 5 second chance promo.

Bay Area, CA
                        United States
                        Member #155944
                        June 3, 2014
                        23 Posts
                        Posted: September 12, 2014, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

I wanted to give 5MJ a try again so I bought 5 yesterday (#20 to #24) and all 5 were duds. 

My bad luck streak continues.

United States
                          Member #147165
                          September 24, 2013
                          507 Posts
                          Posted: September 12, 2014, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

I've been playing the $5 scratchers exclusively due to the current Power of 5 promotion.  My second chance entries are down 50% from what I normally accumulate when buying the $10 and $20 scratchers. Haven't won anything big other than a few $50 prizes a bunch of free tickets and $6 winners.  Yes the $6 wins are wins but they are lame wins.  I'd rather have the loser for the Power of 5 second chance promo.

I do not understand the $6 prizes either, the $5 scratchers (back when $100k top prize was 1 in 600,000) used to have an $8 prize tier and even a $16 tier which I did not mind.

Anyhow, the payout percentages for $5 and $10 from break even TICKETS to $100 is roughly the same. Except $5 tickets have more $10 and $15 prizes and $10 tickets have better odds to win $100.

A good feeling to have is to buy 10 $5 tickets, and have at least 1 $50 winner from them, the 2nd chance entries would be considered to be free.

LA CA
                            United States
                            Member #118691
                            November 6, 2011
                            416 Posts
                            Posted: September 13, 2014, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

Got a $10 Black from local store in Newhall...will scratch in evening :-)

LA CA
                              United States
                              Member #118691
                              November 6, 2011
                              416 Posts
                              Posted: September 14, 2014, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

Got a $10 Black from local store in Newhall...will scratch in evening :-)

was a loser.

Page 144 of 182