Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 148 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
Los Angeles, California
United States
Member #149492
December 2, 2013
919 Posts
Posted: September 30, 2014, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

Don't blame you at all for quitting scratchers, seems like everyone here is gone.

I was wondering how your draw game play is doing? Daily 3/4, Fantasy 5, Daily Derby, SuperLotto Plus, MegaMillions/Powerball?

In subsitituion for scratchers this year, I've tried SLP on its climb to $70million as well as the Powerball 5/5+noPB climb to $7 million. I did not hit anything good worth more than $10, ROI losses was worse than scratchers.

Going to buy a few scratchers each month as a pot shot, that is about it with me and the CALottery.

My draw games results are worse than Scratchers.  :)  However, I usually buy my one Fantasy 5 ticket and I'm done for the day, or might splurge and buy a Daily 3/4 ticket.  And, then I'll go days without buying any.  I'll buy PowerBall if the 5/5 prize is sizeable, otherwise no.  I haven't bought SLP in months.  My overall ROI for all games is a tad above 100%, so I'm basically breaking even.  I feel I worked pretty hard with numbers using systems, gut feelings, researching games, odds, when to buy, etc., etc., etc., with really nothing to show for it.

LA CA
    United States
    Member #118691
    November 6, 2011
    416 Posts
    Posted: September 30, 2014, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

I would be interested in that I think.  I subscribe to ScratchSmarter weekly newsletters but Im not seeing much of a result and tend to disagree with them.

http://www.txscratchoffs.com/index_ca1.aspx

Bay Area, CA
      United States
      Member #155944
      June 3, 2014
      23 Posts
      Posted: October 1, 2014, 12:07 am - IP Logged

http://www.txscratchoffs.com/index_ca1.aspx

Almost exactly what I was looking for but graphs could do wonders with that data. Like plot sales vs day or week or month. Or plot prizes claimed against each other. Etc.

United States
        Member #147165
        September 24, 2013
        507 Posts
        Posted: October 1, 2014, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

Let me know how that goes biggwinner with your Fantasy 5 100 tickets. I was spending $20 to $60 a draw wheeling 25 numbers on Fantasy 5 and not getting even 3 number hits some times. So I switched to scratchers and spend about $30 - $100 a day sometimes but at least I see some return and play on my winnings. Im curious to hear how you do.

Best Wishes to You!Star

I've actually tried playing 100 quick picks for fantasy 5 whenever the jackpot was over $200k around the time Fantasy 5 2nd Chance draw was in its debut. I've tried about 10 times and I did not use any wheeling system (its for those who are supersititious that a number will not repeat or a number is hot, when in reality its all independant events).

I got about 8 to 15 Free Plays for 2 out of 5 matches (1 in 10 odds)

I got about 1 to 3 ~$15-19 prizes for 3 out of 5 matches (1 in 103 odds)

I lucked out with a 4 out of 5 match (1 in 3389 odds) for a pari-mutuel amount of $550, otherwise my ROI would have been more disasterous

Out of all the 20 entries (5 plays earns an entry) I punched in on those 10 times. I did not win any of the drawings.

After your first game of $100, your next 100 QP play might cost about $70 - 80 depending on your outcome.

It is the best draw game that the CALottery in my opinion. It is only that I like the fact there is a guaranteed winner for the 2nd chance scratcher draw where as Fantasy 5 can roll over with no winner.

United States
          Member #147165
          September 24, 2013
          507 Posts
          Posted: October 1, 2014, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

My draw games results are worse than Scratchers.  :)  However, I usually buy my one Fantasy 5 ticket and I'm done for the day, or might splurge and buy a Daily 3/4 ticket.  And, then I'll go days without buying any.  I'll buy PowerBall if the 5/5 prize is sizeable, otherwise no.  I haven't bought SLP in months.  My overall ROI for all games is a tad above 100%, so I'm basically breaking even.  I feel I worked pretty hard with numbers using systems, gut feelings, researching games, odds, when to buy, etc., etc., etc., with really nothing to show for it.

For Fantasy 5, I would save up $5 and play only when the top prize rolls over twice as well as to get a 2nd chance entry to play. But your methodologies have worked for you so I would not argue.

Getting 5 improves your chance of winning to 1 in 115152 instead of 1 in 575757, an improvement of 80%. Buying 10 makes in a 90% improvement, but anything more diminishes improvement.

At the very least, its better to get 2 to cut the odds in half.

United States
            Member #147165
            September 24, 2013
            507 Posts
            Posted: October 1, 2014, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

Same here. I have stopped playing almost entirely. When I do play, its $10 and I am done for the week.

Anyone know of a website that tracks CA Scratcher daily sales?

It can be done by parsing the scratcher stats using HTML DOM parsing and a simple database. It would be interesting to watch scratcher sales throughout its lifetime. Simple graphs could be done too.

If it doesn't exist, would anyone be interested in such a tool? I can put something together pretty easily.

I would have been motivated in creating a website that scrapes data off of the CALottery website if I was into scratchers as much as I used to be. The new website is about couple years old and my interest in scratchers have fallen around that time.

Now I just look at how many top prizes are available and the rate of sales to determine which game I buy for the monthly purchase, nothing more.

Bay Area, California
              United States
              Member #154225
              April 8, 2014
              49 Posts
              Posted: October 2, 2014, 10:49 am - IP Logged

Top prize for last nights powerball was $79. What a joke!

United States
                Member #147165
                September 24, 2013
                507 Posts
                Posted: October 2, 2014, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Interesting. None of those 73 winners who matched 4 of the 5 could match the Powerball number.

It would have been $15k or more, but instead that money is going to education.

Other states would have paid $100 for that prize.

United States
                  Member #147165
                  September 24, 2013
                  507 Posts
                  Posted: October 2, 2014, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

Not much incentive to play powerball for at least 2 more weeks (4 draws) until that 5/5+noPB reaches at least $1.3 million

United States
                    Member #147165
                    September 24, 2013
                    507 Posts
                    Posted: October 2, 2014, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

The Top Prize winner for $10 LL

http://www.calottery.com/Media/Press-Releases/Press-Release?Item={2C134D49-E2F0-49BC-A317-67BCF2B65BE0}

Won at Ceres (Stanislaus County), which has a population of 45,000 with a 209 area code.

The other Million $$ Match $1million winner

http://www.calottery.com/Media/Press-Releases/Press-Release?Item={BB3EB5DA-7748-4927-82D6-7F2B16CE97ED}

The top prizes are still ahead of the sales pace, was going to buy these tickets for the month but will do the new $10 game later this month.

San Gabriel, CA
                      United States
                      Member #134310
                      October 24, 2012
                      85 Posts
                      Posted: October 3, 2014, 2:27 am - IP Logged

I bought one Million Match ticket in West hollywood and got a $100 symbol match. Took that back to San Gabriel and used the $100 to get 5 more tix (0015-0019).

$25 on 0015, nothing on 0016, $500 on 0017!! (5 $100 number matches), nothing on 0018, and $25 on 0019. All in all a very nice day. I'll try and post the pic of the $500 tomorrow.

San Gabriel, CA
                        United States
                        Member #134310
                        October 24, 2012
                        85 Posts
                        Posted: October 3, 2014, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Here is the pic

United States
                          Member #147165
                          September 24, 2013
                          507 Posts
                          Posted: October 3, 2014, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

Here is the pic

Thanks for sharing the story/pic! The top prizes being claimed early did not deter you from winning! Congrats!Party

San Gabriel, CA
                            United States
                            Member #134310
                            October 24, 2012
                            85 Posts
                            Posted: October 3, 2014, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for sharing the story/pic! The top prizes being claimed early did not deter you from winning! Congrats!Party

Thansk CAScratcher

Santa Barbara
                              United States
                              Member #154772
                              April 28, 2014
                              95 Posts
                              Posted: October 3, 2014, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

I bought one Million Match ticket in West hollywood and got a $100 symbol match. Took that back to San Gabriel and used the $100 to get 5 more tix (0015-0019).

$25 on 0015, nothing on 0016, $500 on 0017!! (5 $100 number matches), nothing on 0018, and $25 on 0019. All in all a very nice day. I'll try and post the pic of the $500 tomorrow.

That's a nice way (win) to start the weekend.

Page 148 of 182