Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 153 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
alta-babe's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Los Angeles, CA
United States
Member #144915
July 21, 2013
211 Posts
Posted: October 28, 2014, 2:54 am - IP Logged

A couple of games that I've noticed haven't been paying out in any appreciable amount (at least in my store) are Fantastic 5's and 20x the Money.  Which is unfortunate because the old 20x the Money was a great seller and winner at my shop.

Hi DGin,

Which $10 and $20 tickets do you think pay the best ?  Where have you seen the most winning tickets ?  I rarely buy the $5 tickets.

Thanks.

El Monte
    United States
    Member #160216
    October 22, 2014
    62 Posts
    Posted: October 28, 2014, 3:10 am - IP Logged

DGinElMonte,  He didn't share the scratchers vs regular lottery percentage.  He just gave the round figure 300K in gross sales and said that his return (sales percentage and winner percent return) used to be more and he attributed the lack of winners.  Can you share your gross sales vs income return number?  The retailer is a liquor store located in as commercial center anchored by a Ralph's grocery store. It was very convenient for me and he sold me my first and only 1K winning scratcher in May.

HI Rudeboy805,

One of the reasons I don't understand why he would remove the lottery sales from his shop is because it's a great driver of traffic to your store, regardless if you have a liquor store, donut shop, coffee shop, etc.  Especially when the jackpot gets really high like it is now with Mega Millions and Powerball.  You already have workers there ringing people up, why not have them ring up another $5-20 in scratcher/lottery sales? 

I'd rather not say what my gross sales are, but suffice it to say, it's quite a bit higher than the liquor store.  It's already been said here in this thread how the sale of Scracthers work.  We activate a pack, the pack is worth x-amount of dollars, etc.   A rough guess on my part would put the average retailer getting about $.06-.07 on the dollar for each sale.  For higher volume retailers, it's a bit higher than that because of the volume of tickets that they are cashing.  So even at 300k gross sales, I don't see why he would willingly get rid of lottery sales. 

For example, on Saturday I had a guy come into my shop.  He was playing hot spot very aggressively.  Then he started putting $20 wagers for 3-spot (no bulls-eye).  He did this for awhile and finally won $520.  He kept playing like that and shortly won $520 again.  By the time he left, he won 2 more times (<snip> nearly cleaned me out).  (He was winning so often I almost threw his playslips in a 2nd time for myself so I can play his numbers with him.)  I get a cashing bonus to cash that ticket whether he bought it at my shop or not.  The lottery does this because they need to incentivize the cashing system or else retailers won't cash such large denominations.  It's just too much money to have on hand at any time. 

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

El Monte
      United States
      Member #160216
      October 22, 2014
      62 Posts
      Posted: October 28, 2014, 3:26 am - IP Logged

Hi alta-babe,

I think what people need to look at when they try to figure out which games win the most is to also look at what also sells the most. 

At my shop, the 2 highest volume games are Bonus Crossword and Mega Crossword.  As a result, I have 8 rolls of Mega Crossword and 9 rolls of Bonus Crossword (if you count the automated dispenser we just had installed) on display at any given time.  Although I had to recently cut each game down by 1 roll to accomodate the new games that came out today.  But I sell SOOO many more of those 2 games than any other that statistically, I will have the most winners from those games. 

My recent $100k winner was in the $20 $Million Jackpot game.  Interestingly, the guy who won that game came back and bought an entire roll of the $20 Million Match.  He ended up getting 2 $1000 winners from the same roll. 

I'm guessing when you're asking "where haveyou seen the most winning tickets?" you're wondering where have I seen them fall within a pack?  I personally believe it's all random.  There's nothing wrong with believing in luck and wanting numbers from the higher or lower portions of the pack.  Usually when a player wins a big prize in the high or low numbers, they believe those are where most of the winners fall.  So they keep trying to buy from the same portion of the pack.  But after awhile, I think if you look at your win/loss ratio, it would be the same if you got it from any random portion of the pack.

Los Angeles, CA
        United States
        Member #144915
        July 21, 2013
        211 Posts
        Posted: October 28, 2014, 3:37 am - IP Logged

Hi alta-babe,

I think what people need to look at when they try to figure out which games win the most is to also look at what also sells the most. 

At my shop, the 2 highest volume games are Bonus Crossword and Mega Crossword.  As a result, I have 8 rolls of Mega Crossword and 9 rolls of Bonus Crossword (if you count the automated dispenser we just had installed) on display at any given time.  Although I had to recently cut each game down by 1 roll to accomodate the new games that came out today.  But I sell SOOO many more of those 2 games than any other that statistically, I will have the most winners from those games. 

My recent $100k winner was in the $20 $Million Jackpot game.  Interestingly, the guy who won that game came back and bought an entire roll of the $20 Million Match.  He ended up getting 2 $1000 winners from the same roll. 

I'm guessing when you're asking "where haveyou seen the most winning tickets?" you're wondering where have I seen them fall within a pack?  I personally believe it's all random.  There's nothing wrong with believing in luck and wanting numbers from the higher or lower portions of the pack.  Usually when a player wins a big prize in the high or low numbers, they believe those are where most of the winners fall.  So they keep trying to buy from the same portion of the pack.  But after awhile, I think if you look at your win/loss ratio, it would be the same if you got it from any random portion of the pack.

Hi DGin,

Thanks for the reply.  I was asking more about the actual games that you see lots of winning tickets from.....not necessarily the ticket numbers.  I too, believe that is random. 

I am really surprised to hear about 2 $1000 winners in the same roll.  On the few occasions I have bought an entire roll, I have never seen more than 1 big winner in a pack, and sometimes the "winner" is not that big....say only $100 with the rest being $10-$20-or $30 winners.....but never 2 big wins.  That's great !  Was that when the game just started ?  I have always gotten more out of a roll at the start of a new game.

I have had some luck with the Million Match and I like that game.  How often do people win at least $500 on that one ? 

United States
          Member #147165
          September 24, 2013
          507 Posts
          Posted: October 28, 2014, 3:41 am - IP Logged

Hi CAScratcher,

I'm just wondering why you say there is only 1 more top prize for the $5 Million Jackpot, when the website lists 4 as unclaimed.  Same with the Million Match....there are more top prizes listed on the website.  Do you have additional info ?

Thanks.........I try to follow this thread and find lots of good info from posters here.

Though the CALottery and GTECH has printed 14 top prizes within 33.6 million tickets (odds of winning top prize being 1 in 2.4 million), there is a possibility that all of these will not be sold depending if there is a continual demand for the game.

They release the tickets to retailers in batches (like 2.4 million of those tickets at a time, 80,000 30-pack) where one top prize must be within them, CALottery does not know what ticket number it is and GTECH does not know where the tickets are being distributed. Again, if the game will end, the remaining 7.2 million will be discarded/recycled.

There has been some speculation that the game might be ending for the past few weeks, the sales pace is past the 71% mark (10 out of 14 are claimed) so the CALottery has circulated the 11th top prize. Once the sales hits past 78-79%, we will know the 12th top prize is in circulation.

United States
            Member #147165
            September 24, 2013
            507 Posts
            Posted: October 28, 2014, 3:44 am - IP Logged

Where did you read more about the Monopoly Millionaires Club?  I  read through the pamphlet they gave us and it's really lacking in information.  I didn't get to read it in depth since I was busy setting up the new games that came out today. 

There is a retailer's conference coming up in January where they said they'd give us more information.  But I just like to have that info ahead of time so I can inform my players. 

Thanks.

The reason for the delay is that the CALottery needs more time to get it approved, of course they will need to modify the game so that it is parimutuel.

The website www.playmmc.com is not fully completed, but that is the official site of this new lottery.

I check out the Florida lottery to see some details, but to me, watching this youtube video helped me really understand the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGMCl1ExhwY

Los Angeles, CA
              United States
              Member #144915
              July 21, 2013
              211 Posts
              Posted: October 28, 2014, 3:49 am - IP Logged

Though the CALottery and GTECH has printed 14 top prizes within 33.6 million tickets (odds of winning top prize being 1 in 2.4 million), there is a possibility that all of these will not be sold depending if there is a continual demand for the game.

They release the tickets to retailers in batches (like 2.4 million of those tickets at a time, 80,000 30-pack) where one top prize must be within them, CALottery does not know what ticket number it is and GTECH does not know where the tickets are being distributed. Again, if the game will end, the remaining 7.2 million will be discarded/recycled.

There has been some speculation that the game might be ending for the past few weeks, the sales pace is past the 71% mark (10 out of 14 are claimed) so the CALottery has circulated the 11th top prize. Once the sales hits past 78-79%, we will know the 12th top prize is in circulation.

CAScratcher,

Good info.......thank you.  I don't think I will be playing that game much anymore. I got a $500 winner over the weekend, so of course I went back for more from a different pack and didn't win at all !! 

What do you think of the $10 LFL ticket at this point of the game/sales history ? 

El Monte
                United States
                Member #160216
                October 22, 2014
                62 Posts
                Posted: October 28, 2014, 4:02 am - IP Logged

Hi alta,

It's actually hard to say how often people win on Million Match $500 or more.  I wish there was an option on my terminal to enter in a specific game and find out how many prizes I've cashed in each denomination and have it all itemized for me.    But I can say that the $5, $10, and $20 tickets have by far the higher number of $500 winners.  I'll double check and try and dig into the terminal's menu system to see if it's there.  I've never had a need to look because I'm more concerned about daily reports and weekly invoices.

I hardly ever see $500 winners on $2 and $3 games.  I know they're out there, but they haven't been bought and/or cashed at my store with any regularity.

El Monte
                  United States
                  Member #160216
                  October 22, 2014
                  62 Posts
                  Posted: October 28, 2014, 4:02 am - IP Logged

The reason for the delay is that the CALottery needs more time to get it approved, of course they will need to modify the game so that it is parimutuel.

The website www.playmmc.com is not fully completed, but that is the official site of this new lottery.

I check out the Florida lottery to see some details, but to me, watching this youtube video helped me really understand the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGMCl1ExhwY

Oh brother...that game is going to be a nightmare to explain to my non-English speaking customers.

United States
                    Member #147165
                    September 24, 2013
                    507 Posts
                    Posted: October 28, 2014, 4:33 am - IP Logged

CAScratcher,

Good info.......thank you.  I don't think I will be playing that game much anymore. I got a $500 winner over the weekend, so of course I went back for more from a different pack and didn't win at all !! 

What do you think of the $10 LFL ticket at this point of the game/sales history ? 

The $10 LFL has a top prize circulating at the moment and at over 40% sales rate it is due for one, just 1 out of 3 were claimed.

It took more than 5 months to see our first top prize winner claimed, thus I think one of the top prizes was accidentally thrown away.

The most you should expect yourself to win is $100 for $10 LFL, to go for the grand prize I recommend you rely on the 2nd chance drawing although that has steep oods too.

California
                      United States
                      Member #147209
                      September 25, 2013
                      90 Posts
                      Posted: October 28, 2014, 11:32 am - IP Logged

That new Emerald 10's game is not bad so far.  I bought a ticket and won $15, then my girl bought me 4 out of the blue and one was a $50(#39) and another was $20.  Simple game to play and goes quick on the scratch.

United States
                        Member #147165
                        September 24, 2013
                        507 Posts
                        Posted: October 28, 2014, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

I am not sure people will buy into the Monopoly Millionaires Club. It's $5.00 a play and the lower prize amounts are so low. I love Monopoly games but I am not sure about this game.

The fact that you cannot select your own Property Number might irk the people who play their own numbers.

The 5 white numbers are from 1 to 52, the exact number of cards without the Jokers on a playing card deck. So drawing a Royal Flush of spades from any 5 cards is the same odds as getting the 5 numbers matched for at least $100,000 (must get lucky that the assigned Property Number matches).

Not sure if CALottery parimutuel system will allow for the 5/5+Property Number prize to grow.

The best part of the game is only when someone hits the top prize to intiate the $1million drawings, other than that the overall expected return is horrible.

United States
                          Member #147165
                          September 24, 2013
                          507 Posts
                          Posted: October 28, 2014, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

Oh brother...that game is going to be a nightmare to explain to my non-English speaking customers.

I do not think it will sell well to them, as even people who understand English are already having a hard time understanding the game since the game revolves using the Internet for the 2nd and 3rd ways to win other than the draw game itself.

San Gabriel, CA
                            United States
                            Member #134310
                            October 24, 2012
                            85 Posts
                            Posted: October 28, 2014, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

Burned through 6 duds on the Emerald 10's before finding a $100 winner. It was two spots for $25 each and a $50 Fast Spot. Tried a few of the new poker game but didn't get anything.

Every time my mind clears up and I wake up thinking I don't need to scratch anymore, new tickets come out and I'm at the donut store playing like a crack addict.

El Monte
                              United States
                              Member #160216
                              October 22, 2014
                              62 Posts
                              Posted: October 28, 2014, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I foresee a lot of winning tickets getting thrown in the trash can because they'll only check the first game and ignore the 2 other secondary games.

Page 153 of 182