Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:07 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 155 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
El Monte
United States
Member #160216
October 22, 2014
62 Posts
Posted: November 3, 2014, 3:54 am - IP Logged

It appears to me that people who are overly interested in the numbers become so fixated that they if you averaged out how often they lose playing those numbers versus if they played randomly, it would be pretty much the same.  But I don't have any evidence of this, just my observation.

I have one customer who will buy any ticket, as long as the numbers are low.  If it's slow, she'll have me scan all of my tickets, and buy up everything that is at #10 or lower.  But when you look at how often they win, it's about what I would expect if she just randomly picked $100 worth of tickets on any given day.  Some days she's lucky, other days, not so much. 

I think it all boils down to whatever method gives you that perceived psychological edge over the game, to just go with that.  Whether it's running statistics based on the aggregate number of tickets in circulation, numerology, or that simple gut feeling. 

Good luck everyone.

El Monte
    United States
    Member #160216
    October 22, 2014
    62 Posts
    Posted: November 3, 2014, 4:02 am - IP Logged

Guys what do you think of CA Black? There are still about 12 top prizes to be won and some retailer dont carry it now..but some do.

CA Black was a really good seller when it was released but it has since tapered off significantly.  Generally when a game doesn't pay off, it just withers and dies.  Even the special 2nd chance promotion for it hasn't done anything to help sales.

Retailers are required to purchase a certain amount of tickets for every new game that is released.  If the game isn't selling well, once the retailer sells off their initial allotment, they most likely are not going to order more.  This is probably what happened at the retailer you went to.

Good luck.

south el monte
      United States
      Member #154982
      May 4, 2014
      65 Posts
      Posted: November 3, 2014, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

I look at the numbers when buying as well. I've had the best luck on tickets 9-11. Worst on 00,01 and the end of the rolls.

I've noticed this twice in the past week . don't know if random. Emerald green 10 $ ticket 15 for 15 dollar win.on the two $ 7 11 21. Ticket number 21-21$ win .

I used to play the black so much but stopped awhile back . The emerald green10$. Jackpot odds are getting worst. Compare ca black to the emerald green. I've been playing the 10$wof. Not doing good on that game. Also the cmc10$.Most I've won on both was a 100.

El Monte
        United States
        Member #160216
        October 22, 2014
        62 Posts
        Posted: November 5, 2014, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

Anyone having any luck with the new games that just came out? 

I haven't had a big winner yet which is very unusual.  But then again, I've noticed large cash prizes appear to come in waves at my shop.  We had a good run of about 4-5 months where we got lots of $500, $1000 prizes, culminating in the $100,000 prize we sold.  But this past week has been pretty dry.

United States
          Member #147165
          September 24, 2013
          507 Posts
          Posted: November 6, 2014, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

Anyone having any luck with the new games that just came out? 

I haven't had a big winner yet which is very unusual.  But then again, I've noticed large cash prizes appear to come in waves at my shop.  We had a good run of about 4-5 months where we got lots of $500, $1000 prizes, culminating in the $100,000 prize we sold.  But this past week has been pretty dry.

In regards to the ticket numbers, I am not entirely picky about it, just that I look at the tickets I get and if it is close to the number ranges near the middle or end, I will buy a few more. A few times I saw special requests where a regular will ask for specific ticket numbers, and the clerk will go through the entire roll to rip off those specific tickets.

I've had some luck with the new games, though I do not play a lot any more. I tried 8 of the Wild West Poker $5 game last night, #20-27 got TICKET on 24, $10 win on 21 and 25.

Those games have the same payouts as its predecessors, so there will be winners as long as your players continue to play.

United States
            Member #158298
            August 18, 2014
            14 Posts
            Posted: November 6, 2014, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

I think I am done with scratchers for good.  I have been playing for a few months now and it has lost all of its fun factor.  Playing the LL games and ive been getting ticket wins or 1$ wins.  All in all, I am down and I think I should put it away for good.  Thank you all and good luck.

United States
              Member #147165
              September 24, 2013
              507 Posts
              Posted: November 6, 2014, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

I think I am done with scratchers for good.  I have been playing for a few months now and it has lost all of its fun factor.  Playing the LL games and ive been getting ticket wins or 1$ wins.  All in all, I am down and I think I should put it away for good.  Thank you all and good luck.

I do not blame you at all. Good luck to whatever you decide to do instead of scratch offs.

El Monte
                United States
                Member #160216
                October 22, 2014
                62 Posts
                Posted: November 7, 2014, 2:56 am - IP Logged

Have you players gotten a hold of those black plastic game holders?  The ones that are double sided/foldable?  I asked my lottery rep for them but she just said that they were given at special lottery promotion locations like at fairs and what not.  I have a feeling she's lying to me though.  Would really love to my hands on a few so I can give them out to my players.

South San Diego, SoCal
                  United States
                  Member #160786
                  November 7, 2014
                  2 Posts
                  Posted: November 7, 2014, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

Debated whether to purchase one of the two $20 scratch games last night. Instead purchased a $10 emarld and a $10 millionaires club at my neighborhood. Nothing.

Folks, in my four months of playing the CA lottery at a moderate maybe 4-5 scratchers a month with no prize at all, sometimes I just a free ticket to ge my money back lol

I came to the conclusion that scratcher games in CA are just milking you dry. The commision is just cash cowing at an alarming rate. I lived in Atlanta,Ga for a year and I can tell you that the GA scratchers are money juiced packed especially in the rural areas of Georgia. The most I hit was $500 and a couple $100 spots. Over there $500 is very common figure to bag up on a single scratcher. Where over here in CA it's a very rare occasion (atleast in my part of the state,San Diego) maybe I don't buy enough scratchers but still not even a free ticket nothing.

How much do you guys spend on scratchers a month?

Lately I just been putting some dough on the jackpot games.

I always play fantasy five when it gets above 100k

Southern CA
                    United States
                    Member #160762
                    November 6, 2014
                    6 Posts
                    Posted: November 7, 2014, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone, new poster here :)

I was wondering when you find some winners from a store, do you go back and buy more from the same roll or try a new place?

I hit this one at a Valero gas station a few days ago (bought tickets #021 and #022, first was a loser) and also a $50 winner on the $5 Fantastic 5's.

I think to myself, because I hit a few big winners, there can't be anymore on those rolls so I don't bother going to the same retailer for awhile.

Is that usually the case or have you had back to back winners on the same roll before?

Thanks guys.

Pasadena, CA
                      United States
                      Member #153326
                      March 13, 2014
                      186 Posts
                      Posted: November 8, 2014, 12:40 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone, new poster here :)

I was wondering when you find some winners from a store, do you go back and buy more from the same roll or try a new place?

I hit this one at a Valero gas station a few days ago (bought tickets #021 and #022, first was a loser) and also a $50 winner on the $5 Fantastic 5's.

I think to myself, because I hit a few big winners, there can't be anymore on those rolls so I don't bother going to the same retailer for awhile.

Is that usually the case or have you had back to back winners on the same roll before?

Thanks guys.

Great win, man. I've only hit $100 on this one twice. In answer to your question, the rest of the roll would most likely be full of duds and lower-tier winners--that is, anywhere from a ticket up to $100, with $25 to $50 winners appearing most frequently. I've won probably 70% of the time with this ticket (buying about 30 or so tickets in the process) with most winners being in that category. Then again, tickets are printed at random...who's to say if that same roll at the Valero won't have a $500 or $1,000 winner? However, I would cash the $250 and cool it for a while--or go to another store.

alta-babe's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                        Los Angeles, CA
                        United States
                        Member #144915
                        July 21, 2013
                        211 Posts
                        Posted: November 8, 2014, 3:50 am - IP Logged

Have you players gotten a hold of those black plastic game holders?  The ones that are double sided/foldable?  I asked my lottery rep for them but she just said that they were given at special lottery promotion locations like at fairs and what not.  I have a feeling she's lying to me though.  Would really love to my hands on a few so I can give them out to my players.

Hi DG,

I got 2 of those black plastic holders today at one of my regular stores.  I didn't know about the new ones until the owner of the store offered them to me.  It's just a regular liquor store, so yes, I think your rep lied to you.  They were also giving out blue plastic key chains to use on the scratchers. 

I met a Lottery Rep yesterday and she seemed to be encouraging play on the $5 Million Jackpot tickets, saying the inventory was low and there should be easy winners there.  I bought a bunch of those tickets today and won almost nothing.  Have you had any good winners on those tickets at your store lately ?  I know you mentioned the $100,000 winner a while back, but anything since then ?  Maybe they are just trying to get rid of all the duds before the game ends.  I don't think I'll be buying those again.  I have had much better luck on the Million Match, despite the fact that the Scratch Smarter report advises AGAINST buying those, and encourages buying the $5 Million Jackpot tickets.  Makes me wonder..........

Santa Barbara
                          United States
                          Member #154772
                          April 28, 2014
                          95 Posts
                          Posted: November 8, 2014, 11:02 am - IP Logged

Won $200 on the Emerald 10's this morning. My first significant win on any scratcher since September.

El Monte
                            United States
                            Member #160216
                            October 22, 2014
                            62 Posts
                            Posted: November 8, 2014, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

Hi DG,

I got 2 of those black plastic holders today at one of my regular stores.  I didn't know about the new ones until the owner of the store offered them to me.  It's just a regular liquor store, so yes, I think your rep lied to you.  They were also giving out blue plastic key chains to use on the scratchers. 

I met a Lottery Rep yesterday and she seemed to be encouraging play on the $5 Million Jackpot tickets, saying the inventory was low and there should be easy winners there.  I bought a bunch of those tickets today and won almost nothing.  Have you had any good winners on those tickets at your store lately ?  I know you mentioned the $100,000 winner a while back, but anything since then ?  Maybe they are just trying to get rid of all the duds before the game ends.  I don't think I'll be buying those again.  I have had much better luck on the Million Match, despite the fact that the Scratch Smarter report advises AGAINST buying those, and encourages buying the $5 Million Jackpot tickets.  Makes me wonder..........

Hi alta-babe,

Yeah I knew something was up with those black plastic holders.  She came buy yesterday and I just stopped asking her about them.  Maybe she's sick of us because I'm always pestering her  for more, more, more of everything they offer.  We just received our Holiday envelopes.  She showed up with about 12 packages of them.  When I asked for 2 more, she came back with another 12...so I don't know.  I'll bug her about the black plastic holders next time.  I really like the way those look.

We've had a bunch of $100 winners but like I said in a previous post, we've run into a slight dry spell.  I haven't seen a $1000 in almost 2 weeks.  Which is pretty unusual.  That's not to say we haven't gotten any, but none of the customers have returned to us. 

Good luck everyone.

alta-babe's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                              Los Angeles, CA
                              United States
                              Member #144915
                              July 21, 2013
                              211 Posts
                              Posted: November 8, 2014, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

Hi alta-babe,

Yeah I knew something was up with those black plastic holders.  She came buy yesterday and I just stopped asking her about them.  Maybe she's sick of us because I'm always pestering her  for more, more, more of everything they offer.  We just received our Holiday envelopes.  She showed up with about 12 packages of them.  When I asked for 2 more, she came back with another 12...so I don't know.  I'll bug her about the black plastic holders next time.  I really like the way those look.

We've had a bunch of $100 winners but like I said in a previous post, we've run into a slight dry spell.  I haven't seen a $1000 in almost 2 weeks.  Which is pretty unusual.  That's not to say we haven't gotten any, but none of the customers have returned to us. 

Good luck everyone.

Hi DG,

Yes, the black plastic holders are good.......better than the blue single flap holder they had in the past.  I don't know why she wouldn't just give you some of those. 

I'm curious about what you said a while ago.  You said you were having consistent $1000 winners every week.  Was that from the same game....different packs ?  Or was it from different games....just all over the spectrum of games from $1 to $20 tickets ?  I'm always reluctant to get more tickets from a retailer that I've won with in the past because I assume they aren't going to keep getting packs with big winners in them.  Does that hold true for you ?  And likewise, if I keep getting duds from a certain retailer, does that give me a better chance of having a winner next time ?  I know it's random, but I'm just asking for your insight from past experience.  I mostly play the $10 and $20 tickets.

Page 155 of 182