Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 11:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 157 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
Pasadena, CA
United States
Member #153326
March 13, 2014
186 Posts
Posted: November 13, 2014, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

It is so unusual how the top prizes for Million $$ Match went down like flies. Even though the game favors smaller prizes, I am hardly getting much in the 40 tickets I've played so far.

At least for the $5M Jp, I got a fair share of $50 and $100.

Million $$ Match has been a godsend for me; I have won on probably 20 out of the close to 30 times I've played it. All small $30-$50 wins with two $100 wins. 5MJP has been a nightmare; can never seem to get a winner and if I do, it's usually a ticket or $20, though I did hit $50 a few weeks ago. A typical 5MJP day, I might buy two or three and will be lucky to get a ticket back, if anything.

Santa Barbara
    United States
    Member #154772
    April 28, 2014
    95 Posts
    Posted: November 18, 2014, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

If you can find it California Black Exclusive is still a good buy. Emerald 10's has been giving me a nice return.

San Gabriel, CA
      United States
      Member #134310
      October 24, 2012
      85 Posts
      Posted: November 18, 2014, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

"Don't bother me. I'm scratching"

El Monte
        United States
        Member #160216
        October 22, 2014
        62 Posts
        Posted: November 19, 2014, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

New holiday scratchers just came out. 

Good luck everyone.

United States
          Member #147165
          September 24, 2013
          507 Posts
          Posted: November 20, 2014, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

I cannot find CA Black anywhere, if DGinElMonte does not sell it, it probably is ending next month.

I tried 4 Emerald 10's the last 2 days, it has not been kind to me aside from that Halloween purchase.

Numbers 1-4, #4 Ticket

Numbers 7-10, #10 $15

United States
            Member #147165
            September 24, 2013
            507 Posts
            Posted: November 20, 2014, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

Nice picture CatScratch, thanks for sharing. If you post it on CALottery's social media channels, people might get a kick out of it.

As far as the holiday scratchers go, they've introduced another crossword but this one for the $10 denomination. The $1/$2 seem to be more holiday themed.

The $5 scratcher is a unique prototype that I saw in a survey in the past. It is the first of its kind.

San Gabriel, CA
              United States
              Member #134310
              October 24, 2012
              85 Posts
              Posted: November 20, 2014, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

Nice picture CatScratch, thanks for sharing. If you post it on CALottery's social media channels, people might get a kick out of it.

As far as the holiday scratchers go, they've introduced another crossword but this one for the $10 denomination. The $1/$2 seem to be more holiday themed.

The $5 scratcher is a unique prototype that I saw in a survey in the past. It is the first of its kind.

Thanks CAScratch20! When I saw the cat with the tix I had to take a picture.

I tried a couple fo the new X-Word and they were duds. Interesting game though. They are exactly like the $10 Bonus X-Word except each game has potential multipliers. I bought a few of the new $5 game and got a free ticket and $6. They are pretty fun to play though.

In the meantime, I went crazy with $20 Million Match tickets and am in the hole $600 since Tuesday Mad

Pasadena, CA
                United States
                Member #153326
                March 13, 2014
                186 Posts
                Posted: November 20, 2014, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

Went on a little spree with the new tix today.

2 $10 Crossword--Free ticket, dud

7 $5 Money Bag Multiplier--Free ticket, $15, five duds

3 $2 Holiday ticket--Two duds, $10

5 $1 Holiday ticket--Four duds, $5

$66 spent, $45 won. Not the worst return for Scratchers, but still hoping for the big win.

El Monte
                  United States
                  Member #160216
                  October 22, 2014
                  62 Posts
                  Posted: November 21, 2014, 1:25 am - IP Logged

I cannot find CA Black anywhere, if DGinElMonte does not sell it, it probably is ending next month.

I tried 4 Emerald 10's the last 2 days, it has not been kind to me aside from that Halloween purchase.

Numbers 1-4, #4 Ticket

Numbers 7-10, #10 $15

I actually do have CA Black in stock.  Last time I checked, I have about 21 packs still left in my inventory. 

But I usually mass order a bunch of packs on the tail end of the pack's life since I know a lot of people will come to my shop after other stores have sold out.

My lottery rep used to gather them from other stores and bring them to me since she knew I could move them.  But I've been pestering her to bring me  the other packs and she said that they're no longer allowed to do that.  So who knows.  I never know if she's just being lazy or is actually telling the truth.  I have a similar issue with her regarding those black double-fold lottery holders.

Good luck everyone.

Edit:  There is a print out I can bring up that will tell me which games I need to gather and return to the lottery rep.  I'll print it out and let you all know tomorrow.

San Gabriel, CA
                    United States
                    Member #134310
                    October 24, 2012
                    85 Posts
                    Posted: November 21, 2014, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Here's a nice $200 win.

United States
                      Member #147165
                      September 24, 2013
                      507 Posts
                      Posted: November 21, 2014, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

Here's a nice $200 win.

Awesome win! Thanks for sharing. I never had a win other than the $$ which is the regular win.

Dance

I did come by to report bad news personally with this Emerald 10's game. I went back last night and bought more tickets off of the same roll, #12-#19, all 8 of them were losers. Double checked with the 2nd chance, all entries were accepted. All the profit I had with the Halloween night win is all gone.

United States
                        Member #147165
                        September 24, 2013
                        507 Posts
                        Posted: November 21, 2014, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

I actually do have CA Black in stock.  Last time I checked, I have about 21 packs still left in my inventory. 

But I usually mass order a bunch of packs on the tail end of the pack's life since I know a lot of people will come to my shop after other stores have sold out.

My lottery rep used to gather them from other stores and bring them to me since she knew I could move them.  But I've been pestering her to bring me  the other packs and she said that they're no longer allowed to do that.  So who knows.  I never know if she's just being lazy or is actually telling the truth.  I have a similar issue with her regarding those black double-fold lottery holders.

Good luck everyone.

Edit:  There is a print out I can bring up that will tell me which games I need to gather and return to the lottery rep.  I'll print it out and let you all know tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing that information.

I personally do not buy crosswords these days since it sells well and will make the chances of replay much more difficult.

I will try the $5 multiplier game, I do not play $2 games due to low return.

EDIT: Its actually on the website, the Retail Product plan. No games are listed as ending. Best news is that a new 2nd chance program for scratchers will come out January 2015. Also easier to cash tickets for retailers.

El Monte
                          United States
                          Member #160216
                          October 22, 2014
                          62 Posts
                          Posted: November 22, 2014, 1:28 am - IP Logged

Thanks for sharing that information.

I personally do not buy crosswords these days since it sells well and will make the chances of replay much more difficult.

I will try the $5 multiplier game, I do not play $2 games due to low return.

EDIT: Its actually on the website, the Retail Product plan. No games are listed as ending. Best news is that a new 2nd chance program for scratchers will come out January 2015. Also easier to cash tickets for retailers.

Where did you read the info on a new 2nd chance program?  And how is it easier to cash tickets at retailers?

United States
                            Member #147165
                            September 24, 2013
                            507 Posts
                            Posted: November 22, 2014, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

Where did you read the info on a new 2nd chance program?  And how is it easier to cash tickets at retailers?

It is on the December 2014 Retail Product Plan.

There is not much details but the scratchers 2nd chance will have a weekly prize available rather than ten $1000 winners every 3 months.

Cashing tickets at retailers will be the same as the consumer scratching off a bar code to check if their ticket is a winner or not, there will be that option. It is in the Retail Product Plan it says it is easier but I do not feel its entirely easier since the clerk must scratch off for the 13 digits and enter the 3 boxed numbers.

El Monte
                              United States
                              Member #160216
                              October 22, 2014
                              62 Posts
                              Posted: November 24, 2014, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

It is on the December 2014 Retail Product Plan.

There is not much details but the scratchers 2nd chance will have a weekly prize available rather than ten $1000 winners every 3 months.

Cashing tickets at retailers will be the same as the consumer scratching off a bar code to check if their ticket is a winner or not, there will be that option. It is in the Retail Product Plan it says it is easier but I do not feel its entirely easier since the clerk must scratch off for the 13 digits and enter the 3 boxed numbers.

Thanks, I'll have to look through the product plan. 

You have the clerk scratch off the 3 boxed numbers?

Page 157 of 182