Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 4:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 163 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
Los Angeles, California
United States
Member #149492
December 2, 2013
919 Posts
Posted: February 18, 2015, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

Hey all!  I haven’t posted here in a while nor have i bought too many scratch tickets in the past few months.  Seems the CA lottery has dramatically decreased the amount of JP winnings in the $10 and $20 tickets and the new 2nd chance drawing sucks that they don’t have top prizes anymore.  why all the changes!?!? 

I also noticed a drop in my winnings as well.  That’s why I don’t play so heavy now.  Anyone else feeling this to?  I think they are getting too greedy

I think so too.  I rarely play anymore.  The odds have crept upwards, and the new 2nd chance system is a joke.

United States
    Member #147165
    September 24, 2013
    507 Posts
    Posted: February 22, 2015, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

For the time being, the 2nd chance program is actually better right now until all the pre-2015 scratcher games end which will probably be in 2016.

I did not like the quarterly 10 $1000 prize draws and the end of game did not happen for 18-24 months, and yet there were winners on Fantasy 5 and SuperLottoPlus every week. There were surveys where various systems were proposed, and this system was described as one of the choices even though I did not vote for it. If people do not get much back from their play, where is the money for them to play?

$10 Scratchers seem to be selling much better now than the games when it was at 1 in 1.2 million odds. The lottery is a business, and they will do anything to survive.

I cannot play much anymore regardless since the cost of rent went up so much, probably 5 tickets a month for me.

Bakersfield
      United States
      Member #164097
      February 18, 2015
      1 Posts
      Posted: February 23, 2015, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

I've never win anything bigger than 20$. It is always Nothing or luckily get ticket. We are all in same page. Hoping to win jackpot, coz that is going to change our lives. I hope they put more chances to win.

San Fran
        United States
        Member #150212
        December 17, 2013
        97 Posts
        Posted: February 23, 2015, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

anyone know when the new 20 $ ticket is coming out?

United States
          Member #147165
          September 24, 2013
          507 Posts
          Posted: February 23, 2015, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

anyone know when the new 20 $ ticket is coming out?

It is supposed to be out today, most retailers should have it this week.

The payouts and odds are out for the game on the CALottery website. More value to buy the $5million jackpot and Million $$ Match.

United States
            Member #147165
            September 24, 2013
            507 Posts
            Posted: February 23, 2015, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

Found the Ultimate Riches game today at my local retailer. Bought ticket number 0 and lost. Game is similar to 5 million jackpot except there is a 250$ prize tier and the lower tier prize odds are more reasonable.

Pasadena, CA
              United States
              Member #153326
              March 13, 2014
              186 Posts
              Posted: February 23, 2015, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

Found the Ultimate Riches game today at my local retailer. Bought ticket number 0 and lost. Game is similar to 5 million jackpot except there is a 250$ prize tier and the lower tier prize odds are more reasonable.

Same; they had it at CVS. Went to the website on my phone and saw the odds; the $100 odds are worse, but the $250 and $500 are marginally better. But there's still that lame ticket and $20 cash prize and the odds for the lower tier prizes are the same as 5MJP. Didn't buy it and I think I'm going to steer clear.

San Fran
                United States
                Member #150212
                December 17, 2013
                97 Posts
                Posted: February 24, 2015, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

Same; they had it at CVS. Went to the website on my phone and saw the odds; the $100 odds are worse, but the $250 and $500 are marginally better. But there's still that lame ticket and $20 cash prize and the odds for the lower tier prizes are the same as 5MJP. Didn't buy it and I think I'm going to steer clear.

yeah,  steer clear...  The last 2 $20.00 tickets suck!  Bought 7 of the new ones and got back $40,  2 $20's.  Got 2 more and nothing...

San Fran
                  United States
                  Member #150212
                  December 17, 2013
                  97 Posts
                  Posted: February 24, 2015, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Im really thinking about buying an entire roll of the 5mil JP ticket...  It still has 3 TPs left and a bunch of $25k.  The game is going out next month for sure.  I dont think the CA lotto is going to leave 3 TP's out there and close the game.  The sales have slowed and the availabilty is limited.

Atlanta
                    United States
                    Member #164138
                    February 19, 2015
                    26 Posts
                    Posted: February 24, 2015, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

Im really thinking about buying an entire roll of the 5mil JP ticket...  It still has 3 TPs left and a bunch of $25k.  The game is going out next month for sure.  I dont think the CA lotto is going to leave 3 TP's out there and close the game.  The sales have slowed and the availabilty is limited.

GL. I'm in GA, but I'm buying a $20 roll tonight as well.

had a couple of nice one and dones, so those winnings will cover any losses I take on the roll.

United States
                      Member #158298
                      August 18, 2014
                      14 Posts
                      Posted: February 24, 2015, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

what do you mean by purchasing an entire roll?  how many is in an entire roll?

if you are purchasing an entire roll, do you purchase from the counter or vending machine? does it not matter?

San Fran
                        United States
                        Member #150212
                        December 17, 2013
                        97 Posts
                        Posted: February 25, 2015, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

what do you mean by purchasing an entire roll?  how many is in an entire roll?

if you are purchasing an entire roll, do you purchase from the counter or vending machine? does it not matter?

The 20$ tickets come in packs of 30.  Its easier to go to a store and buy over the counter.  I just ask the guy if they have any unopened packs of a ticket and tell them i want to buy it.  Just  make sure they activate the tickets before you leave the store.  Some stores give you a hard time about buying whats already in the bins first, i just tell them that i will take my 600 bucks somewhere else then... or if there is only a few left in the bin, ill buy those too.  :)

San Fran
                          United States
                          Member #150212
                          December 17, 2013
                          97 Posts
                          Posted: February 25, 2015, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

GL. I'm in GA, but I'm buying a $20 roll tonight as well.

had a couple of nice one and dones, so those winnings will cover any losses I take on the roll.

Any luck on your roll?  I'm buying a roll in CA tommorrow.  But im not sure if i want to buy the new 20 $ ticket or the old one thats going to be going out soon.  had a lot of luck with the old one.

Atlanta
                            United States
                            Member #164138
                            February 19, 2015
                            26 Posts
                            Posted: February 25, 2015, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

Any luck on your roll?  I'm buying a roll in CA tommorrow.  But im not sure if i want to buy the new 20 $ ticket or the old one thats going to be going out soon.  had a lot of luck with the old one.

Nope. Won back $150 of the $300 pack. 

Not too bummed though, as I was up $150 from a good couple days of one and dones, going into it. So I went into it knowing I would at worst case scenario be back at $0.

El Monte
                              United States
                              Member #160216
                              October 22, 2014
                              62 Posts
                              Posted: March 1, 2015, 5:54 am - IP Logged

I've sold quite a few rolls of all the games, including the  $20 games and my general advice is this.  I generally see at least a 50% return.  If you get lucky and get a $500+ winner in a pack, then of course you'll win more than you  invested.  But you can expect to win at least half of your money back. 

This past Friday, a customer purchased a roll of the new $20.  She came back 3 hours later with $340 in winners.  Gave me another $60 and bought 20 more tickets from another backup roll that I have.  Not sure what she got with the extra 20 tickets.  I'll find out Monday since she usually comes by everyday.

Good luck everyone.

Page 163 of 182