Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 10:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 168 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
Pasadena, CA
United States
Member #153326
March 13, 2014
186 Posts
Posted: March 30, 2015, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

Broke my own rule--after vowing not to play it--and bought a 50X the Cash. This had to be a first for a California ticket in that I got two 5X symbols on the ticket with $2 underneath each for $20 total. I know other states have done that with multipliers in more than one space, but that has to be a first for California.

United States
    Member #147165
    September 24, 2013
    507 Posts
    Posted: March 31, 2015, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

Broke my own rule--after vowing not to play it--and bought a 50X the Cash. This had to be a first for a California ticket in that I got two 5X symbols on the ticket with $2 underneath each for $20 total. I know other states have done that with multipliers in more than one space, but that has to be a first for California.

I also believe that it is a first occurrence where there are multiple multipliers, usually they'll just use the 20X $1 to award you $20 to keep things as simple as possible.

I am still buying the Million $$ Match for 2014 replay entries, bought 2 more last night and lost on both.

United States
      Member #147165
      September 24, 2013
      507 Posts
      Posted: March 31, 2015, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

It is good that they did refresh the Emerald 10s, the last good $10 game from 2014. Next month games at the lower price points do not interest me.

They need to end the Wheel of Fortune games.

San Diego, SoCal
        United States
        Member #164837
        March 16, 2015
        18 Posts
        Posted: April 1, 2015, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Purchased a $20 Ultimate Riches scratcher yesterday after months of no scratchers. Scratched it today and nothing. Maybe should've picked up two of them. They say the second one is a winner. Should've doesn't exist though. Good luck to all of you, we all need it at some point.

United States
          Member #147165
          September 24, 2013
          507 Posts
          Posted: April 1, 2015, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

Purchased a $20 Ultimate Riches scratcher yesterday after months of no scratchers. Scratched it today and nothing. Maybe should've picked up two of them. They say the second one is a winner. Should've doesn't exist though. Good luck to all of you, we all need it at some point.

Most of those "winners" on that game is "breaking even" prize, hence the reason people say that every other one is a winner.

California
            United States
            Member #147209
            September 25, 2013
            90 Posts
            Posted: April 2, 2015, 12:00 am - IP Logged

I like the new $20 game.  Won $250 again on it yesterday.  #29 on the roll.  The key for me is to only play it once in awhile and buy one ticket at a time.

San Diego, SoCal
              United States
              Member #164837
              March 16, 2015
              18 Posts
              Posted: April 4, 2015, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

Nice. Do you purchase from vending machine or over the counter?

south el monte
                United States
                Member #154982
                May 4, 2014
                65 Posts
                Posted: April 7, 2015, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

won 30 on a 10$ 50x ticket a number match for 30.

purchased 10 mm quick picks

and one 20$ ultimate riches 

won $250 on the ultimate riches #027 10 numbers matches 20$ each and then 50 on the mystery bonus.... 

been having better luck purchasing one at a time lately.

Pasadena, CA
                  United States
                  Member #153326
                  March 13, 2014
                  186 Posts
                  Posted: April 7, 2015, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

won 30 on a 10$ 50x ticket a number match for 30.

purchased 10 mm quick picks

and one 20$ ultimate riches 

won $250 on the ultimate riches #027 10 numbers matches 20$ each and then 50 on the mystery bonus.... 

been having better luck purchasing one at a time lately.

Nice job with the Ultimate Riches; I loathe that ticket. Weird how that happens with the one and done. Monday night, I bought five $10 crosswords with four duds and the fifth being for $20. Used half of that to buy just one $10 Taxes Paid and won $100 (Win All $5 X 20). Oddly enough, all of my biggest scratcher wins going up to $1,000 have been single ticket purchases.

California
                    United States
                    Member #147209
                    September 25, 2013
                    90 Posts
                    Posted: April 8, 2015, 1:18 am - IP Logged

Over the counter.  I have 3-4 places in OC that I buy from 90% of the time.  Never had much success on the vending machines but that isn't saying much because I could be the guy buying the loser and someone in front of me or behind me could be saying "love the machines."  Just fun to play a little here and there now.

United States
                      Member #158298
                      August 18, 2014
                      14 Posts
                      Posted: April 8, 2015, 1:22 am - IP Logged

I dont know why it is but some of my biggest wins have been off of single ticket purchases.

lottoguysocal's avatar - atlantis dubai_1118783i.jpg
                        camarillo, ca
                        United States
                        Member #132476
                        September 4, 2012
                        144 Posts
                        Posted: April 13, 2015, 3:19 am - IP Logged

I've been trying my luck with the new ultimate riches, so far, not so much luck, biggest win has been 100 dollars on them, going to keep trying though, lots of high value prizes still available

Los Angeles
                          United States
                          Member #152438
                          February 15, 2014
                          19 Posts
                          Posted: April 13, 2015, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

do any of you post from your phone (android in my case)? I read this forum everyday but am never able to get a post off from my phone. I am posting this from a laptop btw :)

Los Angeles
                            United States
                            Member #152438
                            February 15, 2014
                            19 Posts
                            Posted: April 13, 2015, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

what is the deal with games suddenly disappearing from stores with half the prizes left? is there anybody who actually releases a statement that "the game wasn't selling well"??? this mode of operation was very blatant with the zombies game. they mock it up as a holiday/seasonal game then (shortly after the holiday the game is referencing to passes) no retailers seem to have the game anymore with more than half the top prizes remaining. same with any seasonal game really.

ca lotto claims to "have no way of knowing" what games retailers have, as well as what's in stock at a location? so if im looking for a certain game that nobody seems to be carrying anymore with more than half of the top prize remaining im SOL??? so that makes me wonder what the "true odds" are on these games.

i actually stopped playing at the local 7-11 by me as its become a total hawk-zone. there is at least two different "team" players at this spot rifling through packs until they pull whatever good was in the pack out (nothing left for the casual player). last time i played there (3 months ago) i was playing $2 taxes paid hitting a winning pocket towards the end of the pack when of course some hawk-minded fool cuts in and buys the rest of the pack. everyday i go in to play fantasy5 and the trashcan next to the ticket checking machine is filled to the top with code-scratched-only tickets. there's this duo who sits out in the parking lot between 11pm-1am with their kids in the car while they scratch 5xcrossword on the back of they're van!!!??? i forgot cash one time and tried paying with debit and was turned down...that's ok if they want to do cash only transactions for lotto...but... then the next day i asked why lotto is "cash only" to the day shift dude i see when i play fantsy5 and he said that they do allow debit for "big time players that buy whole packs or close to a full pack" wtf is that?

last observation: in santa clarita i noticed they get new games when they come out. down where im at in l.a. the new games show up 3-4 weeks later on a consistent basis. so i get to look at the new games on the ca lotto site for a good while before i ever see an actual ticket unless i go up to scv first. the 7-11 i was talking about above also has never displayed the 50x cash game... yet i see tons of losers scratched in the fashion described above in the trash. I asked if they had them and was given a weird answer basically telling me they are already spoken for, so we dont put them out??? same with emerald 10's currently.

sad scene at this particular 7-11.

Santa Barbara
                              United States
                              Member #154772
                              April 28, 2014
                              95 Posts
                              Posted: April 13, 2015, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

what is the deal with games suddenly disappearing from stores with half the prizes left? is there anybody who actually releases a statement that "the game wasn't selling well"??? this mode of operation was very blatant with the zombies game. they mock it up as a holiday/seasonal game then (shortly after the holiday the game is referencing to passes) no retailers seem to have the game anymore with more than half the top prizes remaining. same with any seasonal game really.

ca lotto claims to "have no way of knowing" what games retailers have, as well as what's in stock at a location? so if im looking for a certain game that nobody seems to be carrying anymore with more than half of the top prize remaining im SOL??? so that makes me wonder what the "true odds" are on these games.

i actually stopped playing at the local 7-11 by me as its become a total hawk-zone. there is at least two different "team" players at this spot rifling through packs until they pull whatever good was in the pack out (nothing left for the casual player). last time i played there (3 months ago) i was playing $2 taxes paid hitting a winning pocket towards the end of the pack when of course some hawk-minded fool cuts in and buys the rest of the pack. everyday i go in to play fantasy5 and the trashcan next to the ticket checking machine is filled to the top with code-scratched-only tickets. there's this duo who sits out in the parking lot between 11pm-1am with their kids in the car while they scratch 5xcrossword on the back of they're van!!!??? i forgot cash one time and tried paying with debit and was turned down...that's ok if they want to do cash only transactions for lotto...but... then the next day i asked why lotto is "cash only" to the day shift dude i see when i play fantsy5 and he said that they do allow debit for "big time players that buy whole packs or close to a full pack" wtf is that?

last observation: in santa clarita i noticed they get new games when they come out. down where im at in l.a. the new games show up 3-4 weeks later on a consistent basis. so i get to look at the new games on the ca lotto site for a good while before i ever see an actual ticket unless i go up to scv first. the 7-11 i was talking about above also has never displayed the 50x cash game... yet i see tons of losers scratched in the fashion described above in the trash. I asked if they had them and was given a weird answer basically telling me they are already spoken for, so we dont put them out??? same with emerald 10's currently.

sad scene at this particular 7-11.

"True Odds" I've been saying that for a while.  Scratchers don't offer TRUE ODDS. I have hawks at my local 7/11 too. I grab their tossed tickets out of the trash. I get "true odds" in the Second Chance game.

Page 168 of 182