Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 173 of 182
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #147165
September 24, 2013
507 Posts
Posted: June 19, 2015, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

Well the latest Jackpot Winner in the Ultimate Riches game was in Modesto.

With that top prize gone, the only other top prize in circulation is the $5 Million Jackpot one. Amazing how that game is still going on after 21 months. It is going to be 10 SuperLotto Plus Quick Picks for myself until the promotion ends. Still no new details about the Playbook other than the $1 million top prize.

United States
    Member #164725
    March 12, 2015
    339 Posts
    Posted: June 19, 2015, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

With that top prize gone, the only other top prize in circulation is the $5 Million Jackpot one. Amazing how that game is still going on after 21 months. It is going to be 10 SuperLotto Plus Quick Picks for myself until the promotion ends. Still no new details about the Playbook other than the $1 million top prize.

On the $5 Million Jackpot, they have had 2 outstanding prizes for a long long time. Have to wonder what they do if the winners never come up.  Since I have some 2nd chance entries on it, I want it to finish already.

United States
      Member #164725
      March 12, 2015
      339 Posts
      Posted: June 21, 2015, 9:27 am - IP Logged

This round of second chance scratchers has been announced and I got nothing! sob!

I noticed one 100k winner had previously won 1k.  At least no one on the sex offender list this time around. Wink

United States
        Member #147165
        September 24, 2013
        507 Posts
        Posted: June 22, 2015, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

On the $5 Million Jackpot, they have had 2 outstanding prizes for a long long time. Have to wonder what they do if the winners never come up.  Since I have some 2nd chance entries on it, I want it to finish already.

Over 90% of the lower tier prizes were counted as claimed so I figured the top prizes are in circulation. For every ticket batch that gets released, a top prize must be released in circulation as well. 14 top prizes mean about 7.14% of the ticket pool. It surpassed that so its out there.

Yeah I want the game to finish too as well as Million $$ Match. It would put an uneventful close to my pursuit of winning the top prize through 2nd chance. The chances provided were better than finding a ticket and scratching off a top prize, but it was not meant to be for millions of players.

People may criticize the new 2nd chance system, but with having to wait out more than a year, that is my rebuttal to why the old 2nd chance is not so good as well.

The odds for the Playbook is now online. At first I thought I was misreading things and was looking at a $10 game, but yes, the payouts reflect that of a $10 game except the break even prizes are bigger. It is better to buy just 2 50x the cash than this, unless people like to spend time scratching off 6 tickets.

Pasadena, CA
          United States
          Member #153326
          March 13, 2014
          186 Posts
          Posted: June 22, 2015, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

Over 90% of the lower tier prizes were counted as claimed so I figured the top prizes are in circulation. For every ticket batch that gets released, a top prize must be released in circulation as well. 14 top prizes mean about 7.14% of the ticket pool. It surpassed that so its out there.

Yeah I want the game to finish too as well as Million $$ Match. It would put an uneventful close to my pursuit of winning the top prize through 2nd chance. The chances provided were better than finding a ticket and scratching off a top prize, but it was not meant to be for millions of players.

People may criticize the new 2nd chance system, but with having to wait out more than a year, that is my rebuttal to why the old 2nd chance is not so good as well.

The odds for the Playbook is now online. At first I thought I was misreading things and was looking at a $10 game, but yes, the payouts reflect that of a $10 game except the break even prizes are bigger. It is better to buy just 2 50x the cash than this, unless people like to spend time scratching off 6 tickets.

Playbook is fun, I suppose. Took me five minutes to play it. Bought one down at the Mobil--first ticket off the pack--and won $50. I would avoid Ultimate Riches like the plague. This would be the only $20 ticket worth playing--UR sucks and Million $$ Match almost has all of its TPs claimed. Don't play 5MJP either.

United States
            Member #147165
            September 24, 2013
            507 Posts
            Posted: June 22, 2015, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

I think UR is a deviation from 5MJP, except they added in the $250 prize tier in which the calottery twitter fans seems to love.

I'll probably try out a Playbook, but I will have no expectations.

Santa Barbara
              United States
              Member #154772
              April 28, 2014
              95 Posts
              Posted: June 23, 2015, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

Well a 50X The Cash Jackpot ticket found in Contra Costa County. Location! Location! Location!  If the ticket isn't in your town you have ZERO chance of winning.

Santa Barbara
                United States
                Member #154772
                April 28, 2014
                95 Posts
                Posted: June 23, 2015, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

The new $1M Jackpot! scratcher has been pretty good to me. A $100 and $200 winner.  Then there have been a few $15, $20 and $50 winners also.  We now have the Deluxe 7's Playbook at my regular lottery retailer.  My try one this weekend or maybe not.

San Gabriel, CA
                  United States
                  Member #134310
                  October 24, 2012
                  85 Posts
                  Posted: June 23, 2015, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

I bought 3 of the playbooks yesterday. $25 on one, $20 on two and $100 on three! Pretty fun but my hand was practically cramping after all that scratching. Will buy a couple tonight.

Santa Barbara
                    United States
                    Member #154772
                    April 28, 2014
                    95 Posts
                    Posted: June 23, 2015, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

I bought 3 of the playbooks yesterday. $25 on one, $20 on two and $100 on three! Pretty fun but my hand was practically cramping after all that scratching. Will buy a couple tonight.

Quit while you're ahead.

United States
                      Member #147165
                      September 24, 2013
                      507 Posts
                      Posted: June 24, 2015, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

I got the same beginners luck as you guys. Tried it for the first time today.

Bought one today, spent a few minutes scratching it off, verified it was a loser. Bought another one to take it home.

Scratched that and won $100

$20 on game 3

$20 on game 4

$40 on game 5

$20 on game 6

Book number was #6

NY
                        United States
                        Member #167035
                        June 22, 2015
                        1340 Posts
                        Posted: June 25, 2015, 9:42 am - IP Logged

saw the odds on it are 1:2.37 and no ticket prizes - wonder if that is the best odds on any ticket in America - know those are definitely better than the texas $50 cards

United States
                          Member #147165
                          September 24, 2013
                          507 Posts
                          Posted: June 25, 2015, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

saw the odds on it are 1:2.37 and no ticket prizes - wonder if that is the best odds on any ticket in America - know those are definitely better than the texas $50 cards

At least for the state of California (most view our state's selection of scratch off tickets as subpar) it is the best odds. I do not look into other states odds as frequent.

Before the other $20 game had odds of 1 in 2.89 of winning any prize (including break even prizes), so this has more winners, however the top prize is set to $1 million rather than the $5 million for other games as a compromise.

Santa Barbara
                            United States
                            Member #154772
                            April 28, 2014
                            95 Posts
                            Posted: June 26, 2015, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

I got the same beginners luck as you guys. Tried it for the first time today.

Bought one today, spent a few minutes scratching it off, verified it was a loser. Bought another one to take it home.

Scratched that and won $100

$20 on game 3

$20 on game 4

$40 on game 5

$20 on game 6

Book number was #6

Bought a $20 Deluxe 7's Playbook today.  I "won" $20. I'm done with the Playbook.

United States
                              Member #164725
                              March 12, 2015
                              339 Posts
                              Posted: June 29, 2015, 8:33 am - IP Logged

A vendor told me that once the top prizes are gone, they pull the game.  The 5 million dollar scratcher has only two 5 mil prizes left and has had so for a long time.  Not sure where you are getting this 14 top prizes stat.  I havent been playing that long but the 2nd chance drawing usually take about a year, no?

Anyway, saw that the 2nd chance prizes for the Playbook are only for the one time weekly pool and a chance at 50k in August offered as a promo. Seems for a 20 buck price they could offer more.

Page 173 of 182