Welcome Guest
You last visited October 24, 2017, 3:21 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 2 years ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 174 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
San Diego, SoCal
United States
Member #164837
March 16, 2015
18 Posts
Posted: July 13, 2015, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

Just dropping by to shed some light on the forum. Hopefully all you folks arie doing positive in your daily routines. You cant win if you dont play! Scratchers right now really are a turn off for me. Havent bought any this month. Even though they are a big temptation at the store. Just sticking to fantasy 5 when over 100k and Super Lotto. Maybe the bag will roll to 100mil? Who knows. Hows the luck raining in your area?

Pasadena, CA
    United States
    Member #153326
    March 13, 2014
    186 Posts
    Posted: July 13, 2015, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

Just dropping by to shed some light on the forum. Hopefully all you folks arie doing positive in your daily routines. You cant win if you dont play! Scratchers right now really are a turn off for me. Havent bought any this month. Even though they are a big temptation at the store. Just sticking to fantasy 5 when over 100k and Super Lotto. Maybe the bag will roll to 100mil? Who knows. Hows the luck raining in your area?

Taking a hiatus from all CA Lottery games; it started in late June and will run to at least September, maybe longer. Too many personal expenses and bills of mine to want to drop $10/$20 or more on the same <snip> games.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

San Diego, SoCal
      United States
      Member #164837
      March 16, 2015
      18 Posts
      Posted: July 14, 2015, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Taking a hiatus from all CA Lottery games; it started in late June and will run to at least September, maybe longer. Too many personal expenses and bills of mine to want to drop $10/$20 or more on the same <snip> games.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

I hear ya. $5 here , $10 there , $20 over there, those chips really add up to something if you can trace every dollar spent on the lotto.

south el monte
        United States
        Member #154982
        May 4, 2014
        65 Posts
        Posted: July 14, 2015, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

still at but nothing significant. quite a few 20 grand prizes in my city and  a 25 thousand at the spot i frequent most but nothing for me . just a bunch of losing tickets.

Irvine
          United States
          Member #167502
          July 16, 2015
          3 Posts
          Posted: July 16, 2015, 4:48 am - IP Logged

Hello Guys,

Today Calottery announced several new games for August in the newsletter. From the website cache those odds have been updated. But what more interesting is, from the sidebar a new option of "$30 Scratchers" also shows up. And it says as follow:

"

California Lottery's first EVER $30 Scratchers game!

The new $30 Scratchers games has the BIGGEST wins! More chances to win, even bigger prizes. Scratch your way to win INSTANT MILLIONS!

"

I feel like they have decided to introduce at least one $30 game in later this year. 

Since CA got another version of NY's "Lucky 7's Playbook", I guess it might be similar to "Win 1mil a year for life".

NY
            United States
            Member #167035
            June 22, 2015
            1340 Posts
            Posted: July 16, 2015, 10:33 am - IP Logged

Hello Guys,

Today Calottery announced several new games for August in the newsletter. From the website cache those odds have been updated. But what more interesting is, from the sidebar a new option of "$30 Scratchers" also shows up. And it says as follow:

"

California Lottery's first EVER $30 Scratchers game!

The new $30 Scratchers games has the BIGGEST wins! More chances to win, even bigger prizes. Scratch your way to win INSTANT MILLIONS!

"

I feel like they have decided to introduce at least one $30 game in later this year. 

Since CA got another version of NY's "Lucky 7's Playbook", I guess it might be similar to "Win 1mil a year for life".

Missouri came out w the playbook 1st

and CA's version has a much higher payback than NY's (75% vs 65%)

and trust me hope it not Win 1M for life for u guys - that been out for 7 years in NY and it is a load of (bleep) (terrible payback and u most likely only going to get ur money back plus 5 dollars if u win at all, very few prizes above $100)

Santa Barbara
              United States
              Member #154772
              April 28, 2014
              95 Posts
              Posted: July 20, 2015, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

Had my best luck with scratchers yesterday. I bought 1 Deluxe 7 Playbook and 2 50X the Cash scratchers.  The Deluxe 7 was a Dud.  The first 50X the Cash was a $100.00 (50X $2.00) winner.  The second 50X the Cash was a $1,000.00 winner. At first I thought the second ticket was another $100.00 winner because I uncovered the $100.00 fast spot win.  $200.00 would have been just fine with me. When I scanned the tickets in the store I realized I won $1,100.00.

San Diego, SoCal
                United States
                Member #164837
                March 16, 2015
                18 Posts
                Posted: July 21, 2015, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

Had my best luck with scratchers yesterday. I bought 1 Deluxe 7 Playbook and 2 50X the Cash scratchers.  The Deluxe 7 was a Dud.  The first 50X the Cash was a $100.00 (50X $2.00) winner.  The second 50X the Cash was a $1,000.00 winner. At first I thought the second ticket was another $100.00 winner because I uncovered the $100.00 fast spot win.  $200.00 would have been just fine with me. When I scanned the tickets in the store I realized I won $1,100.00.

You see, some luck does not knock on your door. It's just around the corner ready to bump heads with you! Congrats Rudeboy

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                  Los Angeles, California
                  United States
                  Member #149492
                  December 2, 2013
                  919 Posts
                  Posted: July 23, 2015, 1:05 am - IP Logged

Cool stuff!  Thumbs Up

Santa Barbara
                    United States
                    Member #154772
                    April 28, 2014
                    95 Posts
                    Posted: July 23, 2015, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Anyone is this odd or questionable? I purchased 3 50X The Cash scratchers from a local gas station. The first 2 tickets were
                    #9/#10 and they were attached. The third and unattached of the three was ticket #13. Doesn't ticket #11 come after ticket #10?

Pasadena, CA
                      United States
                      Member #153326
                      March 13, 2014
                      186 Posts
                      Posted: July 24, 2015, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

Anyone is this odd or questionable? I purchased 3 50X The Cash scratchers from a local gas station. The first 2 tickets were
                      #9/#10 and they were attached. The third and unattached of the three was ticket #13. Doesn't ticket #11 come after ticket #10?

The Syrian dude who owns the liquor store down the street from where I live does this sometimes. He'll have the tickets in sequential order with a few (whether from the same roll or not) stuffed at the top. IMO, that's a red flag.

On my end, the point is moot since I haven't played Scratchers--or any game--in quite a while and don't plan to do so, at least for the foreseeable future.

Santa Barbara
                        United States
                        Member #154772
                        April 28, 2014
                        95 Posts
                        Posted: July 24, 2015, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

The Syrian dude who owns the liquor store down the street from where I live does this sometimes. He'll have the tickets in sequential order with a few (whether from the same roll or not) stuffed at the top. IMO, that's a red flag.

On my end, the point is moot since I haven't played Scratchers--or any game--in quite a while and don't plan to do so, at least for the foreseeable future.

Just a side note. The clerk that I bought the ticket from also won $5000 and $1000 buying tickets from his own store.  The story is he won but had to split the money with someone else.

south el monte
                          United States
                          Member #154982
                          May 4, 2014
                          65 Posts
                          Posted: July 24, 2015, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

the clerk that i talk to at the store i frequent said its illegal to purchase tickets at the store she works at. Is that not true.

philadelphia,pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #138700
                            February 3, 2013
                            374 Posts
                            Posted: July 25, 2015, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

the clerk that i talk to at the store i frequent said its illegal to purchase tickets at the store she works at. Is that not true.

the sunoco owner down the street from me often buys multiple scratch offs from his store especially after you've had multiple loser..... i usally buy a couple walk outside scratch them and come in for two more (lol ) not i single person has entered the store and i go back the 3rd time the following 2 or 3 tickets are gone ands he asking if i had a winner.... which tells me he took the next couple out and stashed them behind the counter then asked me if i had a winner to see if he should scratch them or not

Los Angeles
                              United States
                              Member #152438
                              February 15, 2014
                              19 Posts
                              Posted: July 27, 2015, 8:42 am - IP Logged

Hmmm? I haven't been able to see any "$30 scratchers" link in the left side navigation...

Page 174 of 182